Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC welcomes new professional and training support staff: Ramona Usher and Sarah Cheng 23/08/2019
- Extended and updated: IHBC free CPD benefits at The Listed Property Show South West – now with unlimited free places for members, and opportunities to volunteer too: Bristol, 21/09 23/08/2019
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £20M+ of opportunities this week: Pallant House seeks Multi Disciplinary Design Team, closing 13/09, valued £400K 23/08/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Famous Bowie Bandstand in Bromley wins listed status 23/08/2019
- IHBC’s ‘CPD boost’, out of Context and from ‘Building Services’: Lighting standards, World Heritage, and Bath 23/08/2019
- Company fined £20,000 for unauthorised work on listed building 23/08/2019
- PAS – Scotland’s planning advisory and citizenship service – asks for ‘Help to make a ‘zine’ about place!’, revised closing: 30/09 23/08/2019
- £10m boost from CITB to get people of diverse backgrounds into construction, with its ‘Pathways Into Construction’ programme 23/08/2019
- Council services ‘declining’ due to £5bn funding gap 23/08/2019
- AHRC calls for nominations to the Peer Review College 2019 23/08/2019
- New scoping study on ‘interactions’ between UK HE institutions and the heritage sector out, with supporting survey! 23/08/2019
- National Development Framework sets out 20 year land use framework for Wales 23/08/2019
- Scottish Landscape Character Types – map and descriptions facility from SNH 23/08/2019
- IHBC welcomes new RIBA report, recognition of LA roles and conservation accreditation: ‘Design Matters’ 20/08/2019
- Next IHBC NI Branch CPD session: ‘Glenarm Castle and Walled Garden’ morning, 20 September 20/08/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Landmark Newcastle GI church to reopen after a decade 20/08/2019
- IHBC’s ‘CPD boost’, out of Context: Creative thinking in neighbourhood planning – Dorchester on Thames 20/08/2019
- Looking ahead to #IHBCBrighton2020 with an ‘IMHO’ signpost from Reuters and Nashville: As U.S. ‘superstar’ cities thrive, weaker ones get left behind 20/08/2019
- CCT’s ‘Great National Steeple Chase’ an ‘epic success!’ 20/08/2019
- RIBA announces Great British Buildings programme for 2019 20/08/2019
- Bath Stone joins Portland and Cambrian Welsh slate as a ‘Global Heritage Stone Resource’ 20/08/2019
- New research highlights threats facing Edinburgh’s Royal Mile 20/08/2019
- DCMS Committee: Create a ‘UK Garden City’ initiative to boost untapped potential of garden tourism to UK economy 20/08/2019
- John Betjeman Award 2019 winner announced by SPAB 20/08/2019
- ‘Local government Brexit preparedness’ out from England’s MHCLG 20/08/2019
Daily Archives: 06/04/2018
IHBC Chair James Caird has written to the local paper that featured ‘joke’ comments from a Coventry City councillor linked to the sudden departure of the local conservation officer and recent listings by DCMS that, in the councillor’s opinion, threaten … Continue reading
Remember that you can still take advantage of the early bird discount until 20 April with rates from only £130 (excl VAT). IHBC OPENS Belfast 2018 ‘School’ booking: Secure low-cost ‘early-bird’ places and share heritage, conservation and EYCH 2018 across … Continue reading
IHBC and partners call on ‘Government to get serious on design’ in NPPF, as debate with Griff Rhys Jones, Max Farrell, James Caird and more looms on 11 April
A new alliance of national organisations aimed at raising awareness of the quality of design in the built and historic environment will come together in London on 11 April as The Academy of Urbanism, Civic Voice, Design Network, the IHBC, … Continue reading
IHBC HESPR’s top pick from up to c.£60K+ of costed work this week: ‘Call for Ideas’ for Military Museum, Sardinia, 20,000 Euro prize and closing 17/06.
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – the Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition scheme – offers members weekly ‘News and Tender Alert’ emails, with costed opportunities worth some £60K+ this week, with the IHBC Director’s top pick for NewsBlog readers … Continue reading
The mosque is an unassuming building in a quiet area of Hull – Berkeley Street, off Beverley Road – but serves 15,000 people, as James Campbell discovers when he takes a look inside on behalf of the Hull Daily Mail
COTAC, the Council on Training in Architectural Conservation, has published its new list of supporters on its web site, with logos linking to the diverse sector bodies from across the UK – large and small – that formally support COTAC’s … Continue reading
More than half of councils in the North West of England are considering selling parks or finding other organisations to maintain them within the next three years, a BBC investigation has found.
The winning and commended projects in the Scottish Civic Trust My Place Awards 2018 were announced on 20 March, with the winners of the ‘My Place’ Photography Competition for young people were also announced.
Europe’s 7 Most Endangered heritage sites 2018 announced: Includes UK’s Grimsby Ice Factory and Vienna’s historic centre
Europa Nostra and the European Investment Bank Institute, have announced the seven most threatened heritage sites in Europe for 2018, which include Grimsby Ice Factory, the Post-Byzantine Churches in Voskopoja and Vithkuqi in Albania, the Historic Centre of Vienna in … Continue reading
Bill Bryson and Joanna Lumley, supporters of the National Churches Trust, have chosen their favourite Wren churches for English Tourism Week.