Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC Nottingham 2019 – ‘Perspectives to take to School’: Notre Dame, the story so far… 19/04/2019
- IHBC’s 2019 Nottingham School Branch free 7 May pre-School evening update: ‘Contemporary challenges and solutions for protecting heritage…’ 19/04/2019
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £290K+ costed work: Royal Botanic Gardens Kew etc. seeks condition survey of Wakehurst Mansion, closing 25/04, value £65k 19/04/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Talks on future improvements of ‘vast woodland areas’ at Duff House, Banff 19/04/2019
- Comments get Scruton sacked from Building Beautiful commission 19/04/2019
- Heads of Planning Scotland (HOPS): ‘Planning Bill Could Break the System’ 19/04/2019
- HTN launches new partnership to support over 250 member organisations develop financial skills and knowledge 19/04/2019
- Historic England seeks Committee and Panel members and advisers etc., various closing dates 19/04/2019
- Communities bid to make their high streets fit for the future 19/04/2019
- Historic England launches new heritage apprenticeships 19/04/2019
- ‘Creating better towns’: A free aide-memoire published 19/04/2019
- Scottish natural capital accounts welcomed by SNH 19/04/2019
- Digital Construction Week Call for Papers closes 15th May 2019 19/04/2019
- Call for ‘best practice’ etc. events for London’s Urban Tree Festival: 18-19 May – closing Easter Monday 19/04/2019
- IHBC offers sympathies to Paris – and Europe and beyond – on Notre Dame fire, as scale of damage continues under review 16/04/2019
- IHBC responds to HE guidance on terraced housing 16/04/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the (union) doorstep’: Dudley council to undertake Unite’s pioneering construction charter 16/04/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the (engineering) doorstep’: HE’s new guidance on piling reported to engineers 16/04/2019
- Sheffield councillors decline to determine planning application before consultation concluded 16/04/2019
- Big Ben’s iconic clock face restored to original blue colour 16/04/2019
- Ornate Victorian pool found beneath fishpond in Wales 16/04/2019
- More school trips are needed to inspire a passion for heritage 16/04/2019
- £3.7 million to fund 5 new garden towns across the country 16/04/2019
- HE consults on advice note on ‘Statements of Heritage Significance’: Closing 10 May 16/04/2019
- Heritage Alliance receives Resilience Funding 16/04/2019
Daily Archives: 06/04/2018
IHBC Chair James Caird has written to the local paper that featured ‘joke’ comments from a Coventry City councillor linked to the sudden departure of the local conservation officer and recent listings by DCMS that, in the councillor’s opinion, threaten … Continue reading
Remember that you can still take advantage of the early bird discount until 20 April with rates from only £130 (excl VAT). IHBC OPENS Belfast 2018 ‘School’ booking: Secure low-cost ‘early-bird’ places and share heritage, conservation and EYCH 2018 across … Continue reading
IHBC and partners call on ‘Government to get serious on design’ in NPPF, as debate with Griff Rhys Jones, Max Farrell, James Caird and more looms on 11 April
A new alliance of national organisations aimed at raising awareness of the quality of design in the built and historic environment will come together in London on 11 April as The Academy of Urbanism, Civic Voice, Design Network, the IHBC, … Continue reading
IHBC HESPR’s top pick from up to c.£60K+ of costed work this week: ‘Call for Ideas’ for Military Museum, Sardinia, 20,000 Euro prize and closing 17/06.
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – the Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition scheme – offers members weekly ‘News and Tender Alert’ emails, with costed opportunities worth some £60K+ this week, with the IHBC Director’s top pick for NewsBlog readers … Continue reading
The mosque is an unassuming building in a quiet area of Hull – Berkeley Street, off Beverley Road – but serves 15,000 people, as James Campbell discovers when he takes a look inside on behalf of the Hull Daily Mail
COTAC, the Council on Training in Architectural Conservation, has published its new list of supporters on its web site, with logos linking to the diverse sector bodies from across the UK – large and small – that formally support COTAC’s … Continue reading
More than half of councils in the North West of England are considering selling parks or finding other organisations to maintain them within the next three years, a BBC investigation has found.
The winning and commended projects in the Scottish Civic Trust My Place Awards 2018 were announced on 20 March, with the winners of the ‘My Place’ Photography Competition for young people were also announced.
Europe’s 7 Most Endangered heritage sites 2018 announced: Includes UK’s Grimsby Ice Factory and Vienna’s historic centre
Europa Nostra and the European Investment Bank Institute, have announced the seven most threatened heritage sites in Europe for 2018, which include Grimsby Ice Factory, the Post-Byzantine Churches in Voskopoja and Vithkuqi in Albania, the Historic Centre of Vienna in … Continue reading
Bill Bryson and Joanna Lumley, supporters of the National Churches Trust, have chosen their favourite Wren churches for English Tourism Week.