Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC 2019 Day School update: ‘On structures and structural failure’ at IHBC’s Nottingham School, with Ed Morton (ex Canterbury, York and Westminster to St Paul’s) and John Ruddy (case study) 19/02/2019
- New IHBC MATE session: ‘Free, Friendly, Flexible and Informed’ conservation accreditation support – NW Branch, Manchester 28/02 19/02/2019
- IHBC hosts stand at Cambridge’s central conservation area 50th Anniversary celebration: Free CPD and more! 19/02/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’ as Hastings schools gain awards from Historic England 19/02/2019
- IHBC’s ‘IMHO’ signpost: Ageing gracefully – restorations which retain historical decay 19/02/2019
- Brokenshire to intervene over ‘lamentable’ failures to publish local plans 19/02/2019
- Croydon Council plans to issue Article 4 Direction on HMO’s 19/02/2019
- Uncertainty and declining confidence amongst small practices: RIBA publishes latest future trends survey results 19/02/2019
- £38 million T Level Capital Fund launched for England 19/02/2019
- Historic Towns and Villages Forum (HTVF) invites applicants to Board: details by 4 March. 19/02/2019
- Former PRP boss Andy von Bradsky named the government’s head of architecture 19/02/2019
- Pattern Church to become a ‘resourcing church’ for Swindon 19/02/2019
- MHCLG: Construction Products Regulation… if there is no Brexit deal 19/02/2019
- British cities bear the brunt of austerity, think tank reveals 19/02/2019
- Serious about your Heritage career… or the competition? Stay ‘in the know’ with IHBC’s latest ‘Jobs etc.’ updates, for all your conservation needs 15/02/2019
- IHBC Branches: Support your local ‘Successful learners in heritage skills’ with a nomination to our Marsh Awards and a chance of £500 cash and a place at Nottingham’s 2019 School 15/02/2019
- IHBC’s President’s ‘Confessions’ grace latest Historic England Online Debate… No 8: Interim protection for historic buildings before they can be listed 15/02/2019
- IHBC at London’s Listed Property Show: Recap and a huge thanks to our volunteers and leads! 15/02/2019
- IHBC’s HESPR top pick from £250K+ costed work this week: Chartered landscape architect sought for Sydney Gardens, Bath, closing 01/03, value £47k 15/02/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Controversial Halifax building earmarked for demolition granted listed status 15/02/2019
- RTPI renews call for more resources for planning in light of NAO report 15/02/2019
- Glasgow City council may move offices from city centre to ‘key regeneration areas’ 15/02/2019
- Karl Marx’s London grave vandalised in suspected hammer attack: A ‘particularly inarticulate form of political comment’ 15/02/2019
- Brexit and engineering – a take from ICE via DBW 15/02/2019
- Only a week left to enter LocalGov’s 2019 Street Design Awards, closing 28 February 2019 15/02/2019
Daily Archives: 06/04/2018
IHBC Chair James Caird has written to the local paper that featured ‘joke’ comments from a Coventry City councillor linked to the sudden departure of the local conservation officer and recent listings by DCMS that, in the councillor’s opinion, threaten … Continue reading
Remember that you can still take advantage of the early bird discount until 20 April with rates from only £130 (excl VAT). IHBC OPENS Belfast 2018 ‘School’ booking: Secure low-cost ‘early-bird’ places and share heritage, conservation and EYCH 2018 across … Continue reading
IHBC and partners call on ‘Government to get serious on design’ in NPPF, as debate with Griff Rhys Jones, Max Farrell, James Caird and more looms on 11 April
A new alliance of national organisations aimed at raising awareness of the quality of design in the built and historic environment will come together in London on 11 April as The Academy of Urbanism, Civic Voice, Design Network, the IHBC, … Continue reading
IHBC HESPR’s top pick from up to c.£60K+ of costed work this week: ‘Call for Ideas’ for Military Museum, Sardinia, 20,000 Euro prize and closing 17/06.
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – the Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition scheme – offers members weekly ‘News and Tender Alert’ emails, with costed opportunities worth some £60K+ this week, with the IHBC Director’s top pick for NewsBlog readers … Continue reading
The mosque is an unassuming building in a quiet area of Hull – Berkeley Street, off Beverley Road – but serves 15,000 people, as James Campbell discovers when he takes a look inside on behalf of the Hull Daily Mail
COTAC, the Council on Training in Architectural Conservation, has published its new list of supporters on its web site, with logos linking to the diverse sector bodies from across the UK – large and small – that formally support COTAC’s … Continue reading
More than half of councils in the North West of England are considering selling parks or finding other organisations to maintain them within the next three years, a BBC investigation has found.
The winning and commended projects in the Scottish Civic Trust My Place Awards 2018 were announced on 20 March, with the winners of the ‘My Place’ Photography Competition for young people were also announced.
Europe’s 7 Most Endangered heritage sites 2018 announced: Includes UK’s Grimsby Ice Factory and Vienna’s historic centre
Europa Nostra and the European Investment Bank Institute, have announced the seven most threatened heritage sites in Europe for 2018, which include Grimsby Ice Factory, the Post-Byzantine Churches in Voskopoja and Vithkuqi in Albania, the Historic Centre of Vienna in … Continue reading
Bill Bryson and Joanna Lumley, supporters of the National Churches Trust, have chosen their favourite Wren churches for English Tourism Week.