Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC launches consultation on draft new constitutional ‘Articles’: First responses encouraged by end Feb and after 24/01/2020
- IHBC members with benefits: Subsidies for HE’s roofing ‘Repair and conservation…’, 03 March, London 24/01/2020
- IHBC welcomes report on new housing in England: Design overwhelmingly ‘mediocre’ or ‘poor’… but conservation specialists CAN help! 24/01/2020
- REMINDER – IHBC’s ‘Members with benefits’: FREE CPD at London’s LPOC Property Show, Olympia, 8-9 Feb 24/01/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £488K+ costed opportunities this week: Scottish authority seeks services for building redesign and restoration, valued £467K, closing 31/01/2020 24/01/2020
- LGA: Council chiefs call for permitted development right to be ‘scrapped’ 24/01/2020
- Scottish Government: Improving home energy efficiency consultation, closes 26 March 24/01/2020
- DCMS Evaluation of the Taylor Review Pilot – Emerging Monitoring and Evaluation Evidence 24/01/2020
- Number of threatened ancient woodlands tops the thousand mark 24/01/2020
- Department store Beales collapses into administration 24/01/2020
- Only one in 10 support ‘new towns’, study finds 24/01/2020
- MoD manager to lead Palace of Westminster refurbishment 24/01/2020
- Earthshot Prize: William and Kate launch prize to ‘repair the Earth’ 24/01/2020
- IHBC’s Brighton 2020 School FIRST keynote: Carole Souter CBE, past HLF Chief Executive, lays the foundations for ‘OLD TOWNS : NEW FUTURES’, 19 June 2020 21/01/2020
- Don’t forget the IHBC Marsh Awards for 2020: ‘Your new chance to nominate ‘retired IHBC members’ and/or ‘successful learners’ for our awards’, closing 29 Feb 2020 21/01/2020
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’… and the edge: Rare bandstand saved after Historic England listing support 21/01/2020
- IHBC’s CPD boost… out of Context: French new towns – history, heritage, appreciation…. and priorities! 21/01/2020
- HE Local Authority Strategic Framework Consultation Survey, closing 3 Feb 21/01/2020
- More looking ahead to #IHBCBrighton2020 and ‘OLD TOWNS : NEW FUTURES’: Further funding and expert support for England’s high streets 21/01/2020
- Don’t forget: NCT Grants Programmes 2019-2023 open 21/01/2020
- ‘We do not accept that the planning system is broken’ – RTPI 21/01/2020
- HE’s New ‘Technical Conservation Guidance’ brochure: Lists free-to-download guidance and reports 21/01/2020
- England’s County Councils Network (CCN) outlines post-election priorities, urging government ‘unleash the potential of counties’ 21/01/2020
- IHBC’s conservation in context: ‘How the scramble for sand is destroying the Mekong’ 21/01/2020
- IHBC Brighton 2020’s Day School ‘sneak preview’: Keynotes, themes, IHBC Spotlights, sponsors and more, to help you prep funding and bursary applications! 17/01/2020
Daily Archives: 20/02/2018
Jobs for all at ‘IHBC Jobs etc’: A new weekly work update on more than £50K of salaries, from church support to conservation officer!
Whether you are an applicant looking for career progression, or an employer seeking the best applicants for your service – public, charity or commercial – our IHBC Jobs etc. service is the first place to visit, so we’ve started a … Continue reading
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Stroud TC’s developing NDP heritage list – Victorian postbox, old tomb and several historic buildings….
The Stroud News and Journal explores how a Victorian postbox, statues, stone street signs, historic buildings and an old tomb are among the interesting assets that Stroud Town Council (TC) is seeking to protect as part of its developing Neighbourhood … Continue reading
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Mocha Parade, Manchester – ‘neglected shopping precinct that time forgot’ to face bulldozer
Evening News has featured how Mocha Parade, the ‘Manchester shopping mall that time forgot’ – it survived in the face of decades of neglect and the Boxing Day floods of 2015 – is about to change, with the help of … Continue reading
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the ‘stadium’ step’: Ryan Giggs and Gary Neville’s £200m Manchester plan opposed
Gary Neville and Ryan Giggs’s £200m plan to redevelop part of Manchester city centre has been snubbed for a second time by conservationists.
Historic Environment Scotland (HES) has launched a new ‘Guidance Note, Managing Change in the Historic Environment’ on Windows as part of a series of non-statutory guidance notes.
Historic England (HE) commissioned research in 2017 into whether Historic England’s written advice and guidance provides the right information to the right audiences in the most effective way, with conclusions published in the Pye Tait report ‘Audience Insights: Review of … Continue reading
The Arts and Humanities Research Council (AHRC) and the Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC) have announced the funding of 32 new research projects, exploring the future of ‘immersive experiences’, ranging from using VR to recreate the benefits of … Continue reading
The Culture Media and Sport (CMS) Select Committee has released its report on the potential impact of Brexit on the creative, tourism and digital industries, which notes that development of a new system of entry to the UK for European … Continue reading
The Heritage Alliance (THA), following the positive reception of this year’s debate, is looking to produce a paper on how heritage supports health, and would welcome comments or case studies from members.
Designs for spherical concert venue commissioned by group behind Madison Square Garden are set to add even more diversity to the capitals ‘suggestive skyline’, according to an opinion piece in the Guardian. image DBW website