Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC’s Context on ‘Building Services’ now out: your next best CPD boost before the Nottingham School, and check out the new design styling too! 19/06/2019
- Look ahead to Brighton 2020 and ‘Old Town : New Futures’: Join the Heritage2020 – #HeritageChat 20 June – Heritage and the High Street 19/06/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Historic Belper tea rooms (almost) set to be demolished and replaced with new building 19/06/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: ‘Rochdale Reimagined’, as architecture students put forward new designs for town centre heritage sites 19/06/2019
- IHBC’s CPD ‘Bauhaus centenary’ boost, no. 2: ‘Bauhaus Bookshelf’ makes works accessible that continue to inspire designers worldwide 19/06/2019
- NI’s Department for Communities contributes to AHF’s Heritage Impact Fund 19/06/2019
- Protecting the Scottish countryside: apply for funding 19/06/2019
- New Heritage Partnership Agreement signed at King’s Cross Station 19/06/2019
- European Heritage Awards / Europa Nostra Awards 2019: Winners announced 19/06/2019
- Post Hackitt proposals from MHCLG: ‘Building a safer future’ – consultation on reform of the building safety regulatory system, closing 31 July 19/06/2019
- Clore Leadership: Bursaries for Emerging Heritage Leaders – Applications open 19/06/2019
- NCT: Enter your church building project for the 2019 UK Church Architecture Awards: Closing 1 July 19/06/2019
- Plastic road built on new housing development 19/06/2019
- IHBC congratulates Malcolm Airs on OBE appointment: Your institute’s past president, past chair, and much more 14/06/2019
- IHBC’s Green panel convenor highlights new consultation on Private Rented Sector regulations for England and Wales 14/06/2019
- IHBC’s ‘HESPR’ pick from £1.4M+ costed opportunities this week: Anglesey Column Trust (ACT) seeks service provider for Marquess of Anglesey’s Column, closing 3/07, value £800K 14/06/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the (2019 School) doorstep’: Dramatic pictures show huge structure lifted onto roof of Nottingham’s ‘most secret’ building 14/06/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the (Vic Soc’s Yorkshire) doorstep’: Society ‘deeply concerned’ by review of Sheffield’s 38 conservation areas 14/06/2019
- Manchester tops land use table to develop over a third of its green belt 14/06/2019
- Wales’ Local Planning Authorities lack resilience to deliver long-term improvements, says Auditor General 14/06/2019
- Government accused of trying to ‘rig’ public consultation on Westminster Holocaust Memorial plans 14/06/2019
- NCT urges churches to participate in High Streets HAZs scheme 14/06/2019
- Homeowners spent £12,374 on home improvements in 2018, says Sainsbury’s Bank 14/06/2019
- ‘Permitted development’ undermines local planning, council chiefs say 14/06/2019
- Victorian Society kick starts ‘Top 10 Most Endangered Buildings Campaign’, for England and Wales 14/06/2019
Daily Archives: 20/02/2018
Jobs for all at ‘IHBC Jobs etc’: A new weekly work update on more than £50K of salaries, from church support to conservation officer!
Whether you are an applicant looking for career progression, or an employer seeking the best applicants for your service – public, charity or commercial – our IHBC Jobs etc. service is the first place to visit, so we’ve started a … Continue reading
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Stroud TC’s developing NDP heritage list – Victorian postbox, old tomb and several historic buildings….
The Stroud News and Journal explores how a Victorian postbox, statues, stone street signs, historic buildings and an old tomb are among the interesting assets that Stroud Town Council (TC) is seeking to protect as part of its developing Neighbourhood … Continue reading
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Mocha Parade, Manchester – ‘neglected shopping precinct that time forgot’ to face bulldozer
Evening News has featured how Mocha Parade, the ‘Manchester shopping mall that time forgot’ – it survived in the face of decades of neglect and the Boxing Day floods of 2015 – is about to change, with the help of … Continue reading
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the ‘stadium’ step’: Ryan Giggs and Gary Neville’s £200m Manchester plan opposed
Gary Neville and Ryan Giggs’s £200m plan to redevelop part of Manchester city centre has been snubbed for a second time by conservationists.
Historic Environment Scotland (HES) has launched a new ‘Guidance Note, Managing Change in the Historic Environment’ on Windows as part of a series of non-statutory guidance notes.
Historic England (HE) commissioned research in 2017 into whether Historic England’s written advice and guidance provides the right information to the right audiences in the most effective way, with conclusions published in the Pye Tait report ‘Audience Insights: Review of … Continue reading
The Arts and Humanities Research Council (AHRC) and the Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC) have announced the funding of 32 new research projects, exploring the future of ‘immersive experiences’, ranging from using VR to recreate the benefits of … Continue reading
The Culture Media and Sport (CMS) Select Committee has released its report on the potential impact of Brexit on the creative, tourism and digital industries, which notes that development of a new system of entry to the UK for European … Continue reading
The Heritage Alliance (THA), following the positive reception of this year’s debate, is looking to produce a paper on how heritage supports health, and would welcome comments or case studies from members.
Designs for spherical concert venue commissioned by group behind Madison Square Garden are set to add even more diversity to the capitals ‘suggestive skyline’, according to an opinion piece in the Guardian. image DBW website