Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC’s new Context out now: Learning from New Towns, in the UK and beyond 06/12/2019
- Serious about your career? Stay ‘in the know’ with IHBC’s ‘Jobs etc.’ review, with opportunities from Edinburgh (x2) to the New Forest, for conservation specialists, planners, archaeologists and more! 06/12/2019
- More looking ahead to #IHBCBrighton2020 and ‘OLD TOWNS : NEW FUTURES’… with DCN: Districts declare high street emergency as retail applications plummet 06/12/2019
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £383K+ costed opportunities this week: National agency seeks advice on plans for intangible culture, valued £18K, closing 18/12 06/12/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the (courtroom) doorstep’: Mansfield man who demolished 19th century barn handed £1,500 penalty plus victim surcharge! 06/12/2019
- Methodology for Moisture Investigations in Traditional Buildings agreed 06/12/2019
- Theatres Trust: 4 new trustees sought, including ‘Planning specialist… with… a local authority context’, closing 8 January 06/12/2019
- BEFS: Digest on ‘main party manifestos’ and implications for Scotland’s historic environment 06/12/2019
- See what parties say on Climate Change, from The Carbon Brief 06/12/2019
- Eastbourne fire: Claremont Hotel engulfed in flames 06/12/2019
- Whitechapel foundry: The Secretary Of State steps in 06/12/2019
- RTPI on Political manifestos 06/12/2019
- IHBC’s IMHO signpost: ‘Is the way communities engage with the planning system broken?’ 06/12/2019
- Council+ Update: Personal CPD, IHBC CPD strategy and digital polling 03/12/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Drinkers toast the future after historic Leeds pub granted GII listed heritage status 03/12/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Man turns ruined 500-year old Welsh castle (@£5k) into new home (@£1.25M) 03/12/2019
- UK Government to help protect international heritage from disasters and conflict with another £10M 03/12/2019
- HES: £37,712 boost for Scottish heritage projects 03/12/2019
- Whitechapel Big Ben bell foundry hotel plan approved 03/12/2019
- Eddie Weir inaugurated as President of CIAT 03/12/2019
- Rural businesses to benefit from £35m government fund 03/12/2019
- UK Church Architecture Awards announced 03/12/2019
- $8 Billion Spent On New Cultural Institutions across the Globe in 2018 03/12/2019
- IHBC IMHO signpost: James W Loewen on ‘The 10 most misleading American historical sites’ 03/12/2019
- IHBC launches ‘Local delivery (Branch) CPD training pilot’: Calls for expert leads in ‘Retrofit’, ‘Curtilage’ and ‘Engineering’ to help develop local training programme: Closing 6 January 2020 01/12/2019
Daily Archives: 20/02/2018
Jobs for all at ‘IHBC Jobs etc’: A new weekly work update on more than £50K of salaries, from church support to conservation officer!
Whether you are an applicant looking for career progression, or an employer seeking the best applicants for your service – public, charity or commercial – our IHBC Jobs etc. service is the first place to visit, so we’ve started a … Continue reading
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Stroud TC’s developing NDP heritage list – Victorian postbox, old tomb and several historic buildings….
The Stroud News and Journal explores how a Victorian postbox, statues, stone street signs, historic buildings and an old tomb are among the interesting assets that Stroud Town Council (TC) is seeking to protect as part of its developing Neighbourhood … Continue reading
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Mocha Parade, Manchester – ‘neglected shopping precinct that time forgot’ to face bulldozer
Evening News has featured how Mocha Parade, the ‘Manchester shopping mall that time forgot’ – it survived in the face of decades of neglect and the Boxing Day floods of 2015 – is about to change, with the help of … Continue reading
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the ‘stadium’ step’: Ryan Giggs and Gary Neville’s £200m Manchester plan opposed
Gary Neville and Ryan Giggs’s £200m plan to redevelop part of Manchester city centre has been snubbed for a second time by conservationists.
Historic Environment Scotland (HES) has launched a new ‘Guidance Note, Managing Change in the Historic Environment’ on Windows as part of a series of non-statutory guidance notes.
Historic England (HE) commissioned research in 2017 into whether Historic England’s written advice and guidance provides the right information to the right audiences in the most effective way, with conclusions published in the Pye Tait report ‘Audience Insights: Review of … Continue reading
The Arts and Humanities Research Council (AHRC) and the Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC) have announced the funding of 32 new research projects, exploring the future of ‘immersive experiences’, ranging from using VR to recreate the benefits of … Continue reading
The Culture Media and Sport (CMS) Select Committee has released its report on the potential impact of Brexit on the creative, tourism and digital industries, which notes that development of a new system of entry to the UK for European … Continue reading
The Heritage Alliance (THA), following the positive reception of this year’s debate, is looking to produce a paper on how heritage supports health, and would welcome comments or case studies from members.
Designs for spherical concert venue commissioned by group behind Madison Square Garden are set to add even more diversity to the capitals ‘suggestive skyline’, according to an opinion piece in the Guardian. image DBW website