Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC is at the 2019 Natural Stone Show, naturally – offering delegates news on IHBC’s HESPR, Conservation Wiki and much more: Excel, 30/4 to 2/5 – with more updates now out! 23/04/2019
- IHBC trustee and Technical Panel lead Prof John Edwards explores with CIOB how ‘Conservation is driving quality in construction’, for its annual ‘conservation etc.’ conference, 30 April, London 23/04/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the (School) doorstep’: Edinburgh pupils to be taught construction skills to boost recruitment 23/04/2019
- IHBC’s CPD Boost on ‘Adversarial behaviour in the UK construction industry’, from DBW 23/04/2019
- IHBC’s CPD ‘Bauhaus centenary’ Boost: Original Bauhaus Books and Journals free to download! 23/04/2019
- Prince Charles, after Hillsborough’s ‘facelift’: Future of built heritage could be endangered by traditional skills shortage 23/04/2019
- Another historic building hit by fire: Major fire in the former Church of St John the Evangelist, Blackburn 23/04/2019
- Construction opportunities offered to 20 career-changing women 23/04/2019
- Place Alliance’s Big Meet 9 sees launch of ‘Place Value and the Ladder of Place Quality’ and seeks feedback on success to date 23/04/2019
- EH: Bob Marley named among new blue plaque recipients for 2019 23/04/2019
- WMF awarded grant for skills training project in Yemen 23/04/2019
- The Iron Bridge reopens to the public following £3.6 Million Project 23/04/2019
- CYARK: Building digital capacity in Rapa Nui 23/04/2019
- IHBC Nottingham 2019 – ‘Perspectives to take to School’: Notre Dame, the story so far… 19/04/2019
- IHBC’s 2019 Nottingham School Branch free 7 May pre-School evening update: ‘Contemporary challenges and solutions for protecting heritage…’ 19/04/2019
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £290K+ costed work: Royal Botanic Gardens Kew etc. seeks condition survey of Wakehurst Mansion, closing 25/04, value £65k 19/04/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Talks on future improvements of ‘vast woodland areas’ at Duff House, Banff 19/04/2019
- Comments get Scruton sacked from Building Beautiful commission 19/04/2019
- Heads of Planning Scotland (HOPS): ‘Planning Bill Could Break the System’ 19/04/2019
- HTN launches new partnership to support over 250 member organisations develop financial skills and knowledge 19/04/2019
- Historic England seeks Committee and Panel members and advisers etc., various closing dates 19/04/2019
- Communities bid to make their high streets fit for the future 19/04/2019
- Historic England launches new heritage apprenticeships 19/04/2019
- ‘Creating better towns’: A free aide-memoire published 19/04/2019
- Scottish natural capital accounts welcomed by SNH 19/04/2019
Daily Archives: 20/02/2018
Jobs for all at ‘IHBC Jobs etc’: A new weekly work update on more than £50K of salaries, from church support to conservation officer!
Whether you are an applicant looking for career progression, or an employer seeking the best applicants for your service – public, charity or commercial – our IHBC Jobs etc. service is the first place to visit, so we’ve started a … Continue reading
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Stroud TC’s developing NDP heritage list – Victorian postbox, old tomb and several historic buildings….
The Stroud News and Journal explores how a Victorian postbox, statues, stone street signs, historic buildings and an old tomb are among the interesting assets that Stroud Town Council (TC) is seeking to protect as part of its developing Neighbourhood … Continue reading
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Mocha Parade, Manchester – ‘neglected shopping precinct that time forgot’ to face bulldozer
Evening News has featured how Mocha Parade, the ‘Manchester shopping mall that time forgot’ – it survived in the face of decades of neglect and the Boxing Day floods of 2015 – is about to change, with the help of … Continue reading
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the ‘stadium’ step’: Ryan Giggs and Gary Neville’s £200m Manchester plan opposed
Gary Neville and Ryan Giggs’s £200m plan to redevelop part of Manchester city centre has been snubbed for a second time by conservationists.
Historic Environment Scotland (HES) has launched a new ‘Guidance Note, Managing Change in the Historic Environment’ on Windows as part of a series of non-statutory guidance notes.
Historic England (HE) commissioned research in 2017 into whether Historic England’s written advice and guidance provides the right information to the right audiences in the most effective way, with conclusions published in the Pye Tait report ‘Audience Insights: Review of … Continue reading
The Arts and Humanities Research Council (AHRC) and the Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC) have announced the funding of 32 new research projects, exploring the future of ‘immersive experiences’, ranging from using VR to recreate the benefits of … Continue reading
The Culture Media and Sport (CMS) Select Committee has released its report on the potential impact of Brexit on the creative, tourism and digital industries, which notes that development of a new system of entry to the UK for European … Continue reading
The Heritage Alliance (THA), following the positive reception of this year’s debate, is looking to produce a paper on how heritage supports health, and would welcome comments or case studies from members.
Designs for spherical concert venue commissioned by group behind Madison Square Garden are set to add even more diversity to the capitals ‘suggestive skyline’, according to an opinion piece in the Guardian. image DBW website