Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC joins Heritage Declares – Encourages members & partners to follow suit! 13/12/2019
- More echoes from #IHBCNottingham2019: Scottish Parliament debates Glasgow School of Art fire 13/12/2019
- Looking ahead to #IHBCBrighton2020 and ‘OLD TOWNS : NEW FUTURES’? UK live venues interactive map indicates alarming loss rate… 13/12/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Recognised CPD Providers’: Old list closing soon, so sign up ASAP for online registration, for free! 13/12/2019
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £60K+ costed opportunities this week: National Park seeks expert advice viability appraisals, valued £60K, closing 13/01/2020 13/12/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Petition launched to prevent Stourbridge green belt development 13/12/2019
- IHBC’s CPD boost from DBW: BRE, on ‘Thermal mass’, but how can it matter for historic buildings? 13/12/2019
- European Green Deal presented to Parliament and Council by the EC: ‘… turning… environmental challenges into opportunities’ while ‘Making Europe the first climate-neutral continent by 2050…’ 13/12/2019
- Towards a ‘climate conscious Wales’ with ‘prosperity for all’ 13/12/2019
- Quarries promote biodiversity – Quarries & Nature 2019 13/12/2019
- Applications now open: Parliamentary Academic Fellowships Scheme – Directed Call, closing 19 January 13/12/2019
- IHBC’s IMHO opinion signpost on ‘Inclusive Design – Beyond Accessibility’, from the Design Council via China 13/12/2019
- IHBC Marsh Awards for 2020 open: ‘Your new chance to nominate ‘retired IHBC members’ and/or ‘successful learners’ for our awards’, closing 29 Feb 2020 10/12/2019
- Building on #IHBCNottingham2019, IHBC’s 2019 Annual School on ‘Heritage Risk and Resilience’: HE webinar on ‘Acting in a flooding emergency’, 11 Dec @1pm 10/12/2019
- Remember the IHBC’s Gus Astley Student Awards 2020: Win £500 and a free place on IHBC’s 2021 Aberdeen School, simply submit your coursework online – closing 31 July 2020! 10/12/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the (courtroom) doorstep’: Heritage group blasts ‘flawed’ council plans for historic chapel 10/12/2019
- RIBA Awards 2020: Jury Application – call for volunteers 10/12/2019
- Home Protect Report: Unoccupied Homes in England now up, at almost 1% 10/12/2019
- Local Plan Route Mapper & Toolkit: Reviewing and updating local plan policies 10/12/2019
- Cultural Protection Fund – New funding announced for 2020-2021 10/12/2019
- 16th Century Stained-glass at Shrewsbury damaged in break-in 10/12/2019
- Detectorists stole Viking hoard that ‘rewrites history’ 10/12/2019
- IHBC’s new Context out now: Learning from New Towns, in the UK and beyond 06/12/2019
- Serious about your career? Stay ‘in the know’ with IHBC’s ‘Jobs etc.’ review, with opportunities from Edinburgh (x2) to the New Forest, for conservation specialists, planners, archaeologists and more! 06/12/2019
- More looking ahead to #IHBCBrighton2020 and ‘OLD TOWNS : NEW FUTURES’… with DCN: Districts declare high street emergency as retail applications plummet 06/12/2019
Daily Archives: 03/02/2018
IHBC’s first NewsBlog Branches Update: Explore IHBC CPD and more across the UK – from Montreal interiors in Edinburgh to MATEs in Wales
The IHBC has launched the first of its new regular NewsBlog IHBC Branches Update, collated and edited by Branch Support Officer Carla Pianese… so now IHBC members and colleagues can find local CPD across the UK, from Montreal interiors, in … Continue reading
REMINDER: More benefits for IHBC members – LPOC Property Show’s free IHBC CPD from Bob Kindred and more: drinks; networking; stands etc, 24-5 Feb, London (Book ASAP)
More benefits for IHBC members – LPOC Property Show’s free IHBC CPD from Bob Kindred and more: drinks; networking; stands etc, 24-5 Feb, London (Book ASAP)
IHBC HESPR’s top pick from c.£2.2M+ costed work this week: … Aberystwyth University seeks consultant on Plan for Old College, closing 12/02
The IHBC’s heritage business list, HESPR – the Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition scheme – offers its members weekly ‘News and Tender Alert’ emails, with costed opportunities worth more than £2M this week, while the IHBC Director’s current top pick … Continue reading
A recent posting on DBW explores how Section 278 of the Highways Act 1980 allows a developer to carry out works to the public highway, which is generally necessary where planning permission has been granted for a development that requires improvements to, or changes to, public highways.
The Lancashire Post reports on how walled yards, or pinfolds – one just outside Broughton and the other in Great Eccleston – might well be the strangest listed buildings in Lancashire.
The HLF consultation on direction and funding priorities is now open, offering a crucial opportunity opens for all those who care about the UK’s extraordinary heritage to give their views on the Heritage Lottery Fund’s plans for the future, including … Continue reading
The Telegraph reports on how more than half of women working in construction have experienced harassment or victimisation during their career, based a new survey, carried out by Hays recruitment consultants.
Civic Voice’s Annual Convention Birmingham 19-20 October 2018: Booking now for ‘Development in a conservation area’!
Bookings are now open for the annual gathering of the civic movement which will be in Birmingham on 19 – 20 October 2018, with the theme ‘Development in a conservation area’.
The Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) single departmental plan, published 14 December 2017 and updated on 29 January 2018, has strategic objective relating to maximizing participation in culture.
On January 18 2018, the European Commission made a proposal to introduce more flexibility for Member States to change the VAT rates they apply to different products and this has now been submitted to the European Parliament and the European … Continue reading
House Simple reports on how, according to a study conducted from a sample of over 1,000 house hunters that browsed property listings on HouseSimple.com, if you want to add value to your home or speed up a sale that’s dragging, … Continue reading