Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC’s 2020 Brighton School – BOOKING NOW OPEN: Book now for low-cost ‘early-bird’ rates and make #IHBCBrighton2020 your CPD learning hub for 2020, with ‘Old Towns : New Futures’ 25/02/2020
- IHBC Marsh Award nominations – closing date extended to 30 March: Celebrate your local ‘retired members’ and ‘successful learners’ with £500 cash prizes and 2020 Brighton School places! 25/02/2020
- Thinking about IHBC’s Brighton 2020 School theme? Well, ‘welcome to a Welsh ghost town’, small high streets with ‘a typical problem’, from Walesonline 25/02/2020
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Historic derelict Derbyshire GII* railway station to be saved 25/02/2020
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Council explores possibility of Birnbeck Pier purchase with CPO 25/02/2020
- IHBC’s view to County Down: Knock Iveagh wind turbine challenge ‘fatally undermined’ 25/02/2020
- BEFS reports on ‘Why Flats Fall Down – Navigating shared responsibilities for their repair and maintenance’ 25/02/2020
- Bristol declares ecological emergency over loss of wildlife 25/02/2020
- Aberdeen City Council tests water on multi-million pound property sell-off 25/02/2020
- £10M Urban Tree Challenge Fund: Thousands of trees to be planted in England’s towns and cities 25/02/2020
- TV advertisement plaques inappropriate on listed buildings 25/02/2020
- Second preview of IHBC’s Brighton Day School, 19 June: ‘Economics’ insights, from Paul McTernan (SLR, regeneration economics) and Adala Leeson (HE, funding economics)… & even more Spotlights 21/02/2020
- More Ramsgate signpost to IHBC’s 2020 Brighton School: A bookish background to the IHBC SE Branch Ramsgate, HAZ and AGM Day (and Brighton 2020 ‘pre-School’), March 13 21/02/2020
- Deadline in 8 days for IHBC Marsh Awards for 2020 21/02/2020
- Some light preparation for #IHBCBrighton2020, a Scotland Blog on some shops through the centuries! 21/02/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR pick, from £420K+ costed opportunities: DC seeks Landscape Character Assessment, 11/03 21/02/2020
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Decision to be made on £3m restoration of Crystal Palace Park Subway 21/02/2020
- Improved Countryside Stewardship scheme opens for 2021 agreements 21/02/2020
- Half of councils unsure of their carbon footprint: ECA 21/02/2020
- The Conservation Hierarchy framework: Biodiversity Net Gain through UK construction projects 21/02/2020
- Tony Burton CBE appointed as Interim Chair of the National Lottery Community Fund 21/02/2020
- HE’s ‘Heritage -The Foundation for Success – Modern Infrastructure and the Historic Environment’ now out 21/02/2020
- HS2 Ltd seeks ‘Expressions of Interest’ for salvage of ‘historic building materials’ 21/02/2020
- IHBC 2020 AGM Brighton 19 June: Trustee nominations open till 20 April 18/02/2020
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: HE ‘gives Lutterell Hall GII listed status’ 18/02/2020
Daily Archives: 03/02/2018
IHBC’s first NewsBlog Branches Update: Explore IHBC CPD and more across the UK – from Montreal interiors in Edinburgh to MATEs in Wales
The IHBC has launched the first of its new regular NewsBlog IHBC Branches Update, collated and edited by Branch Support Officer Carla Pianese… so now IHBC members and colleagues can find local CPD across the UK, from Montreal interiors, in … Continue reading
REMINDER: More benefits for IHBC members – LPOC Property Show’s free IHBC CPD from Bob Kindred and more: drinks; networking; stands etc, 24-5 Feb, London (Book ASAP)
More benefits for IHBC members – LPOC Property Show’s free IHBC CPD from Bob Kindred and more: drinks; networking; stands etc, 24-5 Feb, London (Book ASAP)
IHBC HESPR’s top pick from c.£2.2M+ costed work this week: … Aberystwyth University seeks consultant on Plan for Old College, closing 12/02
The IHBC’s heritage business list, HESPR – the Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition scheme – offers its members weekly ‘News and Tender Alert’ emails, with costed opportunities worth more than £2M this week, while the IHBC Director’s current top pick … Continue reading
A recent posting on DBW explores how Section 278 of the Highways Act 1980 allows a developer to carry out works to the public highway, which is generally necessary where planning permission has been granted for a development that requires improvements to, or changes to, public highways.
The Lancashire Post reports on how walled yards, or pinfolds – one just outside Broughton and the other in Great Eccleston – might well be the strangest listed buildings in Lancashire.
The HLF consultation on direction and funding priorities is now open, offering a crucial opportunity opens for all those who care about the UK’s extraordinary heritage to give their views on the Heritage Lottery Fund’s plans for the future, including … Continue reading
The Telegraph reports on how more than half of women working in construction have experienced harassment or victimisation during their career, based a new survey, carried out by Hays recruitment consultants.
Civic Voice’s Annual Convention Birmingham 19-20 October 2018: Booking now for ‘Development in a conservation area’!
Bookings are now open for the annual gathering of the civic movement which will be in Birmingham on 19 – 20 October 2018, with the theme ‘Development in a conservation area’.
The Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) single departmental plan, published 14 December 2017 and updated on 29 January 2018, has strategic objective relating to maximizing participation in culture.
On January 18 2018, the European Commission made a proposal to introduce more flexibility for Member States to change the VAT rates they apply to different products and this has now been submitted to the European Parliament and the European … Continue reading
House Simple reports on how, according to a study conducted from a sample of over 1,000 house hunters that browsed property listings on HouseSimple.com, if you want to add value to your home or speed up a sale that’s dragging, … Continue reading