Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- Your FIRST FREE IHBC Xmas gift to colleagues: Tell them about IHBC’s Conservation Wiki – Our digital digest for the development and construction sector 14/12/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’ looks ahead to our Brighton School in 2020, as the Brighton and Hove Independent reports on local heritage plans to help address the Old Town CA’s ‘at risk’ status 14/12/2018
- IHBC’s Chair at England’s 2018 Heritage Day: A personal take and update 14/12/2018
- IHBC’s HESPR top pick from £314K+ costed work this week: Historic England seeks desk-based study addressing LPOW care questions, closing 10/01; £20k value 14/12/2018
- AHF: New partnership Heritage Impact Fund (HIF) to be launched in early 2019, ‘to increase the levels of social investment’ 14/12/2018
- Cadw: Recent publications on Wales’ historic environment 14/12/2018
- Joint Committee on draft ‘Parliamentary Buildings… Bill’: Call for evidence – Closing 18 January 14/12/2018
- ‘Strategy for future of the NHLE: sector perspective’ – Call for Evidence 14/12/2018
- New Heritage Alliance travel grant scheme: Apply for up to £1500 of £15,500 available, by 15 February 2019 14/12/2018
- Scottish Crown Estate: Landmark legislation passed allows LAs and communities to ‘take direct control’ 14/12/2018
- Ecclesiastical announces 12 Days of giving: £120,000 to 120 Charities (UK or Irish) over 12 Days 14/12/2018
- A seasonal treat as ArchDaily calls for submissions to its 2018 ‘Holiday Card Challenge’: Closing 17 December 14/12/2018
- Keynote speakers at the IHBC Annual Schools 2018/19: sharing heritage AND risk and resilience 11/12/2018
- IHBC raises objections in high-level Trailblazer Apprenticeship for ‘Historic Environment Advisors’ 11/12/2018
- DesigningBuildings Wiki features IHBC’s Context celebrating ‘50 years of the TCPA and LB protection’ 11/12/2018
- IHBC’s technical CPD boost from the UKGBC: ‘Improving visualisation of embodied carbon to inform better design decisions’ 11/12/2018
- IHBC’s ‘CPD Boost’, collective and out of Context: ‘How can we communicate our shared heritage?’- Ask your co-workers and kick-start your own CPD boost! 11/12/2018
- BRE and USGBC announce new partnership 11/12/2018
- Historic England Angel Award Winners 2018 Revealed 11/12/2018
- Civic Voice launches fundraising campaign to respond to Building Beautiful Commission 11/12/2018
- Scotland’s new archaeology strategy launched 11/12/2018
- Gardens Trusts symposium reveals new discoveries about landscape gardener Humphry Repton in bicentenary year 11/12/2018
- Online archive of Landmark’s ‘History Albums’ now accessible 11/12/2018
- IHBC’s latest Council+ corners the tables to see how best to deliver member services 07/12/2018
- C20 Society’s Christmas gift to IHBC members: Join up and get a free ticket to ‘Looking Beyond the Bauhaus’ lecture series 07/12/2018
Daily Archives: 04/08/2017
The IHBC has launched a new Guidance Note (GN2017/4) on ‘Townscape as an important concept in conservation area management’, to explain the importance the Institute places on townscape as a specific concept in the proper management of conservation areas, and … Continue reading
HESPR’s top pick of the week: Dumfries Historic Buildings Trust seeks options appraisal for B listed building, closing 11 August, valued £12,000
The IHBC’s heritage business listing, HESPR – the Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition scheme – offers members weekly Bulletins that bring tender and other business opportunities together into one handy resource, while the Director’s top pick for NewsBlog readers this … Continue reading
IHBC CPD boost: House of Commons Note on garden cities, towns and villages… in the context of planning today
The House of Commons Library has issued a new note on garden cities, towns and villages, setting their history in the context of current planning challenges that are especially prominent in southern England. Parliamentary copyright images are reproduced with the … Continue reading
Manchester City Council has announced a list of successful tenderers for contracts relating to the it’s Town Hall project with IHBC HESPR member Purcell leading on architecture.
The government has announced an independent review of building regulations and fire safety. DCLG Marsham Street London Contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0.
Developers warned of legal action for unauthorised work at Tonedale House and Tonedale Mill in Wellington
Developers warned of legal action for unauthorised work at Tonedale House and Tonedale Mill in Wellington Taunton Deane Borough Council is warning developers that they face legal action unless they call an immediate halt to illegal work being carried out … Continue reading
The Local Government Association (LGA) is developing a publication in to showcase effective partnership approaches to positive planning, so if you would like to showcase work you have done in your area, please contact email@example.com by 15 August 2017.
Plans to dismantle the Grade II-listed Victoria Pier in Colwyn Bay have been approved by councillors.
England’s Planning Advisory Service (PAS) is inviting talented people working in the built environment sector from across the country to team up to solve a tricky planning problem, and it commences in October.