Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- Is your IHBC fee late, as it was due in April! Remember ‘Money is NOT the barrier’ to progress in your heritage career, job or trade – from low fees to no fees with the IHBC 18/08/2018
- IHBC supports Civic Voice’s 2018 conference: ‘How can we balance conservation and regeneration?’ – Birmingham Rep, 19/20 Oct 18/08/2018
- IHBC’s HESPR top pick from £160K+ costed work this week: NHMF seeks suppliers for ‘baseline survey’ of register of support services among grantees; closing 07/09, value £15,000 18/08/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Charity hopes to buy back historic Whitechapel Bell Foundry from developers 18/08/2018
- IHBC’s CPD ‘Boost AND Better’: On EMPs for building design and construction 18/08/2018
- Select Committee on ‘Regenerating Seaside Towns’: Inquiry seeks written evidence, closing 9/10 18/08/2018
- Government strategy for England’s Civil Society: ‘…building a future that works for everyone’ – a first in 15 years! 18/08/2018
- Alan Jones elected RIBA President 2019-21 18/08/2018
- HES Consultation: Conservation of historic plasterwork 18/08/2018
- SAVE on local legal challenge to St Michael’s in Manchester launched 18/08/2018
- Architecture Apprenticeships in England: update 18/08/2018
- ICE on ‘how can we make cities more gender inclusive?’ 18/08/2018
- IHBC’s latest ‘Jobs etc.’ skills review: Heritage specialisms from regulation and regeneration to project management, design and more 14/08/2018
- IHBC CPD ‘Boost AND checkup’: DBW on Prefabrication 14/08/2018
- IHBC’s ‘IMHO’ feature – from the Guardian: ‘Welcome to Brumbria: should the West Midlands become a national park? 14/08/2018
- Court of Appeal sets out principles in considering the setting of listed buildings and the effect of developments 14/08/2018
- BEFS calls for case studies for next Historic Environment Audit 14/08/2018
- ACEVO and IoF on ‘Racial diversity in the charity sector’ 14/08/2018
- Director jailed after employees burn to death 14/08/2018
- Plácido Domingo and EU Commissioner Navracsics announce Europe’s top heritage award winners 2018 in Berlin 14/08/2018
- LI’s new president launches #ChooseLandscape careers campaign: ‘… to address urgent skills shortages in the landscape profession’ 14/08/2018
- IHBC London Branch Conference 2018: ‘Creative Conservation: Partnerships and Public Value’ – RCP, 4 October 10/08/2018
- IHBC spotlights ‘EPCs Call for Evidence’ – RESPONSES NEEDED!’ 10/08/2018
- IHBC’s HESPR top pick from £250M+ costed work this week: East Herts seeks regeneration developer for Bishop’s Stortford site; closing 28/08, values up to £200M 10/08/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Cash boost helps preserve historic North York Moors monuments 10/08/2018
Daily Archives: 04/08/2017
The IHBC has launched a new Guidance Note (GN2017/4) on ‘Townscape as an important concept in conservation area management’, to explain the importance the Institute places on townscape as a specific concept in the proper management of conservation areas, and … Continue reading
HESPR’s top pick of the week: Dumfries Historic Buildings Trust seeks options appraisal for B listed building, closing 11 August, valued £12,000
The IHBC’s heritage business listing, HESPR – the Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition scheme – offers members weekly Bulletins that bring tender and other business opportunities together into one handy resource, while the Director’s top pick for NewsBlog readers this … Continue reading
IHBC CPD boost: House of Commons Note on garden cities, towns and villages… in the context of planning today
The House of Commons Library has issued a new note on garden cities, towns and villages, setting their history in the context of current planning challenges that are especially prominent in southern England. Parliamentary copyright images are reproduced with the … Continue reading
Manchester City Council has announced a list of successful tenderers for contracts relating to the it’s Town Hall project with IHBC HESPR member Purcell leading on architecture.
The government has announced an independent review of building regulations and fire safety. DCLG Marsham Street London Contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0.
Developers warned of legal action for unauthorised work at Tonedale House and Tonedale Mill in Wellington
Developers warned of legal action for unauthorised work at Tonedale House and Tonedale Mill in Wellington Taunton Deane Borough Council is warning developers that they face legal action unless they call an immediate halt to illegal work being carried out … Continue reading
The Local Government Association (LGA) is developing a publication in to showcase effective partnership approaches to positive planning, so if you would like to showcase work you have done in your area, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org by 15 August 2017.
Plans to dismantle the Grade II-listed Victoria Pier in Colwyn Bay have been approved by councillors.
England’s Planning Advisory Service (PAS) is inviting talented people working in the built environment sector from across the country to team up to solve a tricky planning problem, and it commences in October.