Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC 2019 Nottingham Annual School: Homepage, venue and promotional pages launched – promotional opportunities open now; delegate booking opens February 20/10/2018
- IHBC, HE & ALGAO’s LA conservation stats out now – 2018 20/10/2018
- IHBC South Branch reminder… on ‘Yearning for Timelessness’ – ‘…new architecture in historic settings…’, in talks and visits: 26 Oct, Oxford 20/10/2018
- IHBC welcomes Gus Astley Student Award judge for 2018 (and 2019 Annual School presentations): Ingval Maxwell OBE, COTAC Chair 20/10/2018
- IHBC CPD boost: Build your skills, and profile, by contributing to Conservation Wiki (and DBW) – With a handy guide on writing articles 20/10/2018
- IHBC’s HESPR top pick from £2m+ costed work this week: Sunderland City Council for the Project Evaluation of Bishopwearmouth Townscape Heritage Scheme – closing 23/11, valued at £40,000. 20/10/2018
- IHBC’s ‘heritage from the doorstep’: MP demands – Don’t sell off GII* listed Woolwich Barracks 20/10/2018
- Hackitt reports: ’… truly shocked’ by construction industry standards, calls for ‘stronger powers of enforcement, to provide more deterrent to cost-cutting’ 20/10/2018
- CITB: Scotland’s iconic buildings set to benefit from sought-after stonemasonry skills 20/10/2018
- Plymouth’s historic Drake’s Island fortress on sale for £6m 20/10/2018
- Report ‘Meanwhile, in London: Making use of London’s empty spaces’ now out 20/10/2018
- Historic England Angel Awards finalists out: Public vote now open 20/10/2018
- Cambridge University completes restoration of college gatehouse 20/10/2018
- IHBC’s South Branch CPD nudge for Oxford, 26 Oct: Secretary of State at RIBA Stirling Prize ceremony echoes Gehry’s ‘Yearning for timelessness’ 16/10/2018
- IHBC welcomes Yale’s Hampshire South Pevsner – and looks forward to CPD partnership for 2019 Nottingham School: 4-6 July 2019 16/10/2018
- IHBC North Branch celebrates success in Engineering CPD event – IHBC’s ‘Professional’ and ‘Intervention’ Areas of Competence 16/10/2018
- See IHBC stand and chair at the Civic Voice conference, Birmingham, 19-20 Oct, while asking: ‘How can we balance conservation and regeneration?’ 16/10/2018
- IHBC’s ‘heritage from the doorstep’: Nando’s plans to replace historic East London library with restaurant blasted as an ‘abomination’ 16/10/2018
- Reminder: COTAC Trustees sought – Notes of interest by 15 November 2018 16/10/2018
- RTPI: Let councils raise fees to cover planning admin costs 16/10/2018
- Scotland’s Young Placechangers Ideas Fund opens for applications 16/10/2018
- Big Lottery Fund: UK’s largest community funder to change name 16/10/2018
- Scotland’s communities feel ‘locked out’ out by landscape policy, according to major new research 16/10/2018
- Planning consultancy win appeal against conviction for wilfully obstructing a council officer in the course of their work. 16/10/2018
- SPAB Scholarship and Fellowship applications for 2019 open: Apply prior to 1 December 16/10/2018
Daily Archives: 04/08/2017
The IHBC has launched a new Guidance Note (GN2017/4) on ‘Townscape as an important concept in conservation area management’, to explain the importance the Institute places on townscape as a specific concept in the proper management of conservation areas, and … Continue reading
HESPR’s top pick of the week: Dumfries Historic Buildings Trust seeks options appraisal for B listed building, closing 11 August, valued £12,000
The IHBC’s heritage business listing, HESPR – the Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition scheme – offers members weekly Bulletins that bring tender and other business opportunities together into one handy resource, while the Director’s top pick for NewsBlog readers this … Continue reading
IHBC CPD boost: House of Commons Note on garden cities, towns and villages… in the context of planning today
The House of Commons Library has issued a new note on garden cities, towns and villages, setting their history in the context of current planning challenges that are especially prominent in southern England. Parliamentary copyright images are reproduced with the … Continue reading
Manchester City Council has announced a list of successful tenderers for contracts relating to the it’s Town Hall project with IHBC HESPR member Purcell leading on architecture.
The government has announced an independent review of building regulations and fire safety. DCLG Marsham Street London Contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0.
Developers warned of legal action for unauthorised work at Tonedale House and Tonedale Mill in Wellington
Developers warned of legal action for unauthorised work at Tonedale House and Tonedale Mill in Wellington Taunton Deane Borough Council is warning developers that they face legal action unless they call an immediate halt to illegal work being carried out … Continue reading
The Local Government Association (LGA) is developing a publication in to showcase effective partnership approaches to positive planning, so if you would like to showcase work you have done in your area, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org by 15 August 2017.
Plans to dismantle the Grade II-listed Victoria Pier in Colwyn Bay have been approved by councillors.
England’s Planning Advisory Service (PAS) is inviting talented people working in the built environment sector from across the country to team up to solve a tricky planning problem, and it commences in October.