Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC’s ‘Sample a weekly HESPR alert’ opportunity! And see how IHBC can work for you at the ‘quality end of… commercial conservation’ 19/03/2019
- IHBC South East Branch 2019 Day School report: ‘Policy in Practice’, with a forward look to IHBC’s 2020 Annual School in Brighton 19/03/2019
- Don’t forget: IHBC’s Gus Astley Student Awards 2019 open until 31 July – Win £500 and a free place on IHBC’s 2020 Brighton School… simply submit coursework online! 19/03/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the civic doorstep’; as Civic Voice raises the question: Is what is happening here happening everywhere? 19/03/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the Railway Line’: Long-closed Otterington Station Grade II listed 19/03/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the ‘Ethical Marketing’ doorstep’: AHF’s new £7m loan and social investment fund to secure the future of the UK’s historic buildings 19/03/2019
- CIfA and FAME celebrate ‘More archaeologists employed than ever before’ – as 2018 Archaeological Market Survey now available 19/03/2019
- Another record-breaking year for Scottish heritage sites 19/03/2019
- NHTG receives funding from B&CE Charitable Trust 19/03/2019
- New flagship fund for nature in Scotland launched 19/03/2019
- How to explore a secret part of London’s underground history 19/03/2019
- Old photos show Katrine aqueduct being built 19/03/2019
- IHBC launches new Toolbox ‘Advice Note on the Curtilage Rule’, on listed farmhouses and associated farm buildings 16/03/2019
- Ecclesiastical issues its Heritage Sector insights: More context for the IHBC’s 2019 School 16/03/2019
- IHBC encourages input to RTPI Corporate Strategy review, closing 17 March 16/03/2019
- IHBC reminder to employers: ‘Trailblazer’ apprenticeship consultation closes 22 March – IHBC Chair urges responses, including on ‘single’ or ‘core and option’ alternatives 16/03/2019
- IHBC’s HESPR top pick from £28.3M+ costed work this week: Coventry CC seeks Project Manager for London Road Cemetery, closing 19/03, £40k-£75k 16/03/2019
- RTPI says ‘Au revoir’ to planning in the public interest… Hello ‘Austerity Planner’ 16/03/2019
- South West Wales to benefit from £27m funding boost 16/03/2019
- Heritage sector generated over £4bn for Scotland’s economy in 2017-18 16/03/2019
- Revealed: The thousands of public spaces lost to the council funding crisis 16/03/2019
- Parliamentary Committee announces inquiry into Local Government finance: Submissions closing 17 April 16/03/2019
- Man sentenced after church lead thefts spanning four counties 16/03/2019
- Buxton bid to £675m Future High Streets Fund in move to boost town centre 16/03/2019
- Futures of The Barrow Boys and Hull’s Banksy decided by Hull City Council’s planning committee 16/03/2019
Daily Archives: 04/08/2017
The IHBC has launched a new Guidance Note (GN2017/4) on ‘Townscape as an important concept in conservation area management’, to explain the importance the Institute places on townscape as a specific concept in the proper management of conservation areas, and … Continue reading
HESPR’s top pick of the week: Dumfries Historic Buildings Trust seeks options appraisal for B listed building, closing 11 August, valued £12,000
The IHBC’s heritage business listing, HESPR – the Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition scheme – offers members weekly Bulletins that bring tender and other business opportunities together into one handy resource, while the Director’s top pick for NewsBlog readers this … Continue reading
IHBC CPD boost: House of Commons Note on garden cities, towns and villages… in the context of planning today
The House of Commons Library has issued a new note on garden cities, towns and villages, setting their history in the context of current planning challenges that are especially prominent in southern England. Parliamentary copyright images are reproduced with the … Continue reading
Manchester City Council has announced a list of successful tenderers for contracts relating to the it’s Town Hall project with IHBC HESPR member Purcell leading on architecture.
The government has announced an independent review of building regulations and fire safety. DCLG Marsham Street London Contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0.
Developers warned of legal action for unauthorised work at Tonedale House and Tonedale Mill in Wellington
Developers warned of legal action for unauthorised work at Tonedale House and Tonedale Mill in Wellington Taunton Deane Borough Council is warning developers that they face legal action unless they call an immediate halt to illegal work being carried out … Continue reading
The Local Government Association (LGA) is developing a publication in to showcase effective partnership approaches to positive planning, so if you would like to showcase work you have done in your area, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org by 15 August 2017.
Plans to dismantle the Grade II-listed Victoria Pier in Colwyn Bay have been approved by councillors.
England’s Planning Advisory Service (PAS) is inviting talented people working in the built environment sector from across the country to team up to solve a tricky planning problem, and it commences in October.