Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC launches consultation on draft new constitutional ‘Articles’: First responses encouraged by end Feb and after 24/01/2020
- IHBC members with benefits: Subsidies for HE’s roofing ‘Repair and conservation…’, 03 March, London 24/01/2020
- IHBC welcomes report on new housing in England: Design overwhelmingly ‘mediocre’ or ‘poor’… but conservation specialists CAN help! 24/01/2020
- REMINDER – IHBC’s ‘Members with benefits’: FREE CPD at London’s LPOC Property Show, Olympia, 8-9 Feb 24/01/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £488K+ costed opportunities this week: Scottish authority seeks services for building redesign and restoration, valued £467K, closing 31/01/2020 24/01/2020
- LGA: Council chiefs call for permitted development right to be ‘scrapped’ 24/01/2020
- Scottish Government: Improving home energy efficiency consultation, closes 26 March 24/01/2020
- DCMS Evaluation of the Taylor Review Pilot – Emerging Monitoring and Evaluation Evidence 24/01/2020
- Number of threatened ancient woodlands tops the thousand mark 24/01/2020
- Department store Beales collapses into administration 24/01/2020
- Only one in 10 support ‘new towns’, study finds 24/01/2020
- MoD manager to lead Palace of Westminster refurbishment 24/01/2020
- Earthshot Prize: William and Kate launch prize to ‘repair the Earth’ 24/01/2020
- IHBC’s Brighton 2020 School FIRST keynote: Carole Souter CBE, past HLF Chief Executive, lays the foundations for ‘OLD TOWNS : NEW FUTURES’, 19 June 2020 21/01/2020
- Don’t forget the IHBC Marsh Awards for 2020: ‘Your new chance to nominate ‘retired IHBC members’ and/or ‘successful learners’ for our awards’, closing 29 Feb 2020 21/01/2020
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’… and the edge: Rare bandstand saved after Historic England listing support 21/01/2020
- IHBC’s CPD boost… out of Context: French new towns – history, heritage, appreciation…. and priorities! 21/01/2020
- HE Local Authority Strategic Framework Consultation Survey, closing 3 Feb 21/01/2020
- More looking ahead to #IHBCBrighton2020 and ‘OLD TOWNS : NEW FUTURES’: Further funding and expert support for England’s high streets 21/01/2020
- Don’t forget: NCT Grants Programmes 2019-2023 open 21/01/2020
- ‘We do not accept that the planning system is broken’ – RTPI 21/01/2020
- HE’s New ‘Technical Conservation Guidance’ brochure: Lists free-to-download guidance and reports 21/01/2020
- England’s County Councils Network (CCN) outlines post-election priorities, urging government ‘unleash the potential of counties’ 21/01/2020
- IHBC’s conservation in context: ‘How the scramble for sand is destroying the Mekong’ 21/01/2020
- IHBC Brighton 2020’s Day School ‘sneak preview’: Keynotes, themes, IHBC Spotlights, sponsors and more, to help you prep funding and bursary applications! 17/01/2020
IHBC launches consultation on draft new constitutional ‘Articles’: First responses encouraged by end Feb and after
A major one-day conference from Historic England (HE) on its latest technical research into the deterioration and conservation of traditional roof coverings will take place in London on 3 March with booking closing 26 February, while the IHBC is offering £50 subsidies to members in need, so simply email your application and statement of need to Lydia Porter at email@example.com.
image: Historic England
IHBC welcomes report on new housing in England: Design overwhelmingly ‘mediocre’ or ‘poor’… but conservation specialists CAN help!
The IHBC has welcomed a new audit on new housing design in England, noting conclusions about overwhelmingly ‘mediocre’ or ‘poor’ standards, and how less-affluent communities remain the worst affected, but highlighting the potential for conservation professionals to help improve.
REMINDER – IHBC’s ‘Members with benefits’: FREE CPD at London’s LPOC Property Show, Olympia, 8-9 Feb
The IHBC is continuing its CPD partnering with the Listed Property Owners Club (LPOC) into 2020 with free places for members and an IHBC stand on offer at the London Listed Property Show, on 8-9 February in London’s Olympia.
IHBC’s HESPR pick from £488K+ costed opportunities this week: Scottish authority seeks services for building redesign and restoration, valued £467K, closing 31/01/2020
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – our Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition quality assurance scheme for heritage services working to the IHBC’s standards – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, and the IHBC Director’s top pick this week features the call from a Scottish body for service providers to deliver a building redesign and restoration project, closing 31 January and valued at £467K.
Local authority leaders through The Local Government Association (LGA) have warned that communities are potentially losing out on thousands of affordable homes due to office conversions which bypass local planning offices.
image: for illustration purposes only – Open Government Licence v3.0
A Scottish Government consultation document makes proposals for a new, legally binding standard for home energy efficiency from 2024 onwards, with the consultation open until 26 March.
Interim findings from the Taylor Review Pilot evaluation to help build a sustainable future for the UK’s historic places of worship are now out from the Department for Culture Media and Sport (DCMS).
The number of ancient woods under threat in the UK from built development has topped the thousand mark for the first time since records began, the Woodland Trust has reported.
image: for illustrations purposes only by P Badcock
One of Britain’s oldest department stores, Beales, has collapsed into administration, putting more than 1,000 jobs at risk. Beales has appointed KPMG as administrators after failing to find a buyer or new investment for the business.
Just 10% of the UK population believes that the construction of new towns is the best way to tackle the UK housing crisis, according to a new report.
image: Open Goverment Licence v3.0
David Goldstone has been named chief executive of the?delivery authority that will act as client for the work to?restore?and renew?the Palace of Westminster.
image: Open Government Licencde v3.0
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have announced a global prize to tackle climate issues, pledging ‘a decade of action to repair the Earths.
IHBC’s Brighton 2020 School FIRST keynote: Carole Souter CBE, past HLF Chief Executive, lays the foundations for ‘OLD TOWNS : NEW FUTURES’, 19 June 2020
Carole Souter CBE will offer the first keynote presentation at the IHBC’s June 2020 Brighton School, themed on ‘OLD TOWNS : NEW FUTURES’, and lay the foundations for the Day School’s exploration of one of the most challenging topics today, the future of our towns and urban centres, at the Brighton Metropole Hotel, on 19 June 2020.
Don’t forget the IHBC Marsh Awards for 2020: ‘Your new chance to nominate ‘retired IHBC members’ and/or ‘successful learners’ for our awards’, closing 29 Feb 2020
The IHBC’s Marsh Awards, developed in partnership with the Marsh Christian Trust, offers two Awards – one celebrating civic contributions of retired IHBC members, and one for successful learning in heritage skills – with prizes that include £500 and a free place at the IHBC’s Brighton 2020 Annual School, so don’t forget to get your nomination in by 29 February 2020. Continue reading