Mott MacDonald are a global engineering, management and development consultancy focused on guiding our clients through many of the planet’s most intricate challenges.
Would you like to join a talented multidisciplinary team who are as passionate as you about our heritage? We’re looking for a motivated Senior Heritage Consultant, with a built heritage or historic environment planning background. You will have an interesting and varied workload with some large and prestigious clients. You will also support other members of the heritage team on project work, manage projects yourself, and liaise with clients and stakeholders including Historic England and local planning authorities. You will also have the opportunity to get involved with business development including bid work and helping to develop Mott MacDonald’s future heritage offer.
Depending on your skills and our project requirements your work is likely to cover:
- Liaising with clients and stakeholders to deliver great schemes
- Working with other professionals, including designers, engineers and environmental specialists, to realise the best schemes that benefit our clients?and the environment
- Producing heritage assessment reports, including EIA, Heritage Statements and Historic Environment Desk Based Assessments?and advising on building conservation.
- Managing small to medium size projects in the historic environment from bid work to completion
- Managing fieldwork including historic building recording and assessment
- Supporting bid work and providing heritage inputs on multi-disciplinary tenders
- Being part of a team who support each other with project work and professional development
We are looking for someone with a background in built heritage or historic environment planning. You will have had previous experience working in the heritage sector in either the private or public sector. You should have good written and verbal communication skills.? As we work all over the UK and have some overseas projects, a willingness and ability to travel is essential, and a full driving licence is desirable. Whilst you should be able to work independently and take the initiative we believe in collaborative working to make sure that everyone gets the most out of their work. We will support you in your professional development both as a historic environment specialist, and in consultancy more generally.
We work with our diverse client base, including the private and public sector, to help them manage change and make the most of the opportunities the historic environment offers. You will work on everything from advising on how to manage the historic environment as part of large national infrastructure schemes to assessing heritage impacts of smaller development sites. Our range of work gives you the opportunity to get involved in many aspects of the historic environment, including historic buildings, archaeological sites and the historic landscape allowing you to apply and expand your existing knowledge and develop new skills. You will also work as part of wider project teams with other professionals in a wide range of disciplines giving you an opportunity to understand the different challenges everyone faces and how to work collaboratively to get the best outcomes.
About the business unit
Environmental and social considerations are central to Mott MacDonald’s Purpose and its offerings across all sectors and territories. Our environment and social business provides essential services and innovative solutions which anticipate our clients’ needs across all sectors.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our 15-minute application via our website. Our talent acquisition coordinators aim to provide feedback within 5 working days with the outcome of your application. More information about our application process can be found here. If you have any questions regarding your application or the role, please reach out to the dedicated recruiter listed who will be more than happy to help.
Mott MacDonald is Work180 accredited – which means we actively support and encourage women to join our work force!
Benefits we offer:
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Life insurance
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Continuous development opportunities – because we want you to thrive
- Agile/flexible working – because life isn’t 9-5
- Enhanced parental leave; shared parental leave policies – for parents and care givers
- Annual company performance bonus scheme – Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits that suit you, including cycle to work & interest free season ticket loans .
- The opportunity to make a difference; learn more about our social outcomes
Equality, diversity and inclusion
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at email@example.com and we will talk to you about how we can assist.
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team and personal commitments. We embrace agility, flexibility and trust.
More about Mott MacDonald
We’re a global engineering, management and development consultancy.
Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients’ businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
A fundamental part of this is respecting each person’s differences and striving to meet their needs.
Our values: progress, respect, integrity, drive, excellence.