Historic England have a fantastic job opportunity for you to join us as our Senior Policy Adviser (National Planning). If you are seeking an opportunity to ensure that the Government`s planning, growth and housing policies take account of the historic environment, then this is the ideal opportunity for you to join us.
What you will be doing:
You will be formally line managed by the Head of Planning and Heritage Reform Strategy and for up to 40% of your time you may be called upon to work on other areas of policy and strategy development to respond to changing priorities.
You will work in the National Strategy Team to ensure that the Government`s planning, growth and levelling up policies take account of the historic environment.
You will work in close collaboration with colleagues across Historic England (HE) to influence our thinking towards policy and action.
Who we are looking for:
- A relevant academic and/or professional qualification or equivalent experience
- Proven significant experience of strategic work relating to planning, heritage, and sustainable development
- Well-developed knowledge of national and local government and the historic environment sector
- Experience in using planning legislation and policy to support the delivery of positive change
- Excellent written and oral communication skills for a wide range of audiences. This should include a proven record of writing in both technical and non-technical styles.
- The commitment to deliver heritage and planning reform and the ability to communicate clear and compelling arguments
*Salary: £34,007 – £38,457 pro-rated, National £34,007, Greater London £36,613 – £37,500 pro-rated, £37,857 – £38,457 pro-rated plus Benefits
**Location: Flexible on location – based in one of our offices or home working – we are open to hybrid working where you will be based in both the office and home.
We are an equal opportunity employer which values diversity and inclusion. If you have a disability or neurodiversity, we would be happy to discuss reasonable adjustments to the job with you. Having just won the Gold Award from MIND, we also recognize the importance of a healthy work-life balance. We offer a wide benefits package including a competitive pension scheme, a generous 28 days holiday, corporate discounts, free entry into English Heritage sites across the county and development opportunities to ensure you achieve your goals.
Provisional virtual interview: w/c 13th December 2021
Further information and APPLY