The Leconfield Estates, based at Petworth in West Sussex is a large rural estate extending to 14,000 acres including a substantial portfolio of residential, agricultural and commercial property as well as industrial, recreational and heritage property, some of which is listed. The successful candidate will be a highly motivated individual with a background in construction and/or building surveying and have experience in traditional and modern building techniques within the residential, commercial and agricultural sectors.
- To lead the Buildings Department and be responsible for all building and construction and maintenance matters across the estate’s property portfolio as part of the estate’s senior management team; reporting direct to the managing agents and to the owners.
- Relevant experience in building/construction at a supervisory level with a proven knowledge of working with traditional and rural buildings, properties of significant importance and architectural merit.
- IT literate with experience in preparing and delivering budgets, technical drawings, specifications schedules of work and works contracts.
- Confident professional communicator with excellent organisational and motivational skills.
- Sound working knowledge of relevant contract, planning, building and Health and Safety law.
If you feel you have the required skills and can demonstrate the potential and ambition to be successful in this role, please apply in confidence, sending your CV and covering letter.
A full job description is available upon request:
The Managing Agent, The Estate Office, Petworth, West Sussex GU28 0DU
Tel: 01798 342502 Or email: Jane.email@example.com
Closing date for applications: Friday 18th June 2021