The Trustees of The Dulwich Estate (a charity established in 1619) require a Building Surveyor to provide expert, professional, advice and assistance both in their capacity as property owner and as Managers under a Scheme of Management, full details of which are available on the Charity’s website: www.thedulwichestate.org.uk
The Estate covers an area of some 1,500 acres and is generally recognised as an oasis in south-east London, largely due to the stewardship of the trustees and the judicious application of the Charity’s Scheme of Management which has the objective of preserving the amenities of the Estate for the common benefit.
*This is a full time role which will be split as four days for the Scheme of Management and one day for the Estate’s Building Surveying department.
Applicants must demonstrate the following skills and experience:-
- A RICS registered building surveyor with at least five years’ post qualification experience, including residential projects.
- Familiarity with the history of urban residential development in London and with an informed opinion on the value of heritage and the benefit of building and streetscape conservation.
- Excellent written, oral and presentational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills – able to communicate effectively both with the team in the Estate Office, trustees and residents living on the Estate.
- A current driving licence.
Please visit our website www.thedulwichestate.org.uk/recruitment to obtain a copy of the Job Description and Person Specification.
To apply for this role please email a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications must be submitted by 21 May 2021
No agencies please