Founded in 2010, Fuller Long is a leading professional Town Planning & Heritage Consultancy based in London and the Southeast. By working across a broad range of sectors, including residential, commercial, education, telecommunication and leisure developments, we have created a diverse client base, providing a sustainable business and a strong foundation for further growth.
To provide comprehensive and proactive town planning and heritage advice, using innovation, creativity and expert knowledge to help our clients make the most from their property portfolios.
As part of our continued strategy for growth, we are now looking for a heritage director to join us and help drive the business forward. As the heritage director, you will form part of the senior leadership team and work closely with the managing director and town planning director. You will assume full P&L responsibility, agreeing on the strategy and developing your team to meet the growth and sustainability objectives for the heritage business within Fuller Long.
To be successful, you will need to demonstrate a detailed understanding of the marketplace, commercial acumen and knowledge of our clients’ needs. You must be able to provide strong leadership and a clear focus to motivate your team to achieve our ambitious plans. The role will require collaboration with our network of independent consultants, completing critical work with enthusiasm, keeping all staff on track and within their allotted budget. Overall, we expect the person to have a keen interest in helping with all aspects of a growing small privately-owned business. Moving forward, we are seeking a person with the drive to expand our reach to include other sectors through both tender and company framework proposals specifically targeting businesses who are on the cutting edge of design and innovation.
You will be a highly experienced, influential and competent practitioner with strong leadership qualities, outstanding communication skills, a demonstrable track record in generating new business, directing both conservation and heritage projects whilst developing strong working relationships with colleagues, clients and external bodies.
Holding an IHBC recognised qualification, you will have strong communication and influencing skills and be able to forge ideas to ensure the company continues to provide the highest quality advice which has been the foundation of our company.
You will be a strategic and creative thinker who is commercially astute and demonstrates a track record in taking ownership of and achieving outcomes for the Client; a business; your team and yourself. This is a fantastic opportunity to join Fuller Long and help create a new arm of a progressive and growing organisation.
- Assume Project Director role on projects with overall responsibility for delivery of contracts, financial performance, quality, programme, risk and client relationship management;
- Lead, develop and manage the team to deliver a positive culture of high performance and continuous improvement;
- Undertake significant business development activities, demonstrating a return on investment;
- Lead proposals and bid processes;
- Reporting directly to the Managing Director, you will support them in the preparation of the short (1 year), medium (3 years) and long term (5 years) business plans for the team to maintain a profitable and sustainable presence in the rapidly changing marketplace;
- Develop a customer-centric approach to delivery with the strategic insight to understand the range of opportunities;
- Desire to continuously pursue innovation in development;
- Represent and promote Fuller Long at conferences, workshops, and industry events as and when required, including participation on panels and debates in addition to preparing and publishing thought leadership pieces;
- Promote the use of social media to market the team and its ideas.
A comprehensive benefits package commensurate for this level, including an annual performance bonus.
Fuller Long is a great place to do great work with a proven track record. No day is the same and our people are integrally involved in defining our culture, behaviours and success. By working together we have the ambition to move forward, to challenge each other and seize every opportunity to learn and grow both professionally and personally.
We will provide you with a flexible, friendly and creative environment in which to work, grow and realise your potential. The role will ultimately form a combination of both remote and office-based working, but, for the time being, Fuller Long remains a remote working company due to the ongoing pandemic.
Once you have become an established member of the team with a proven record of success, we look to the future and are happy to discuss the opportunity for shares within the company.
Please apply by submitting a covering letter along with your curriculum vitae to email@example.com.
Closing date: March 5th 2021