Salary: Competitive/dependent on experience
Full time (40 hrs pw)
Location: Janus Associates has a progressive attitude towards flexible and remote working. Office hubs are based in Thame, Oxfordshire and Chelsea, London, to which attendance will be required on a regular basis.
About us: Janus Associates Ltd is a young, dynamic and progressive specialist heritage consultancy and historic building surveying practice. We pride ourselves on providing a highly professional service based on the application of conservation principles, policy and a detailed knowledge of materials and techniques.
Having established a strong market share in the Home Counties and London, we are currently working with a portfolio of grade I, II* and II listed buildings and are an approved supplier to the National Trust.
We are looking for a dedicated, knowledgeable and capable building surveyor with a passion for the historic environment. You will undertake a wide range of instructions across the building consultancy discipline including condition surveys, specification and design, project management and contract administration. You will also be responsible for the development of new business opportunities and promotion of the company by attendance at CPD and networking events.
REQUIREMENTS – ESSENTIAL
- Experience at inspecting or working with traditionally constructed buildings.
- A qualification with the IHBC, RICS (or similar) or working towards this
- A working knowledge of legislation, policy and guidance
- A working knowledge of the JCT suite of construction contracts
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
- A full UK driving license
- Experience of managing your own workload and running multiple simultaneous projects
- Able to build good working relationships with other professionals and the public
Please send a CV with cover letter to: email@example.com
If you require any further information, please call: 01844 211 045 or 020 7129 1322
For more information on the Practice see: www.janus-associates.co.uk
Janus Associates Ltd is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, and marriage and civil partnerships.