Haringey is a diverse borough of 29 conservation areas, numerous Listed Buildings, and is home to London’s largest Housing Zone. We have embarked on an ambitious regeneration programme with plans for 17,000 new homes and 4,000 new jobs, and the potential for new train and tube connections to central London and beyond.
The planning team is based in Wood Green – opposite the Piccadilly Line tube station. Our friendly, talented officers are drawn from across the globe and are finalists for LGC Team of the Year 2020. We benefit from a positive working environment that embraces a range of progressive working practices, including flexible and homeworking.
In such a fast-paced and changing urban environment it is more important than ever that we protect our heritage from inappropriate development and carefully integrate new buildings with the old. Thus, our Design and Conservation Team works across Development Management and Planning Policy, and also provides advice to our Housing and Regeneration Teams.
We are looking for a dynamic and motivated heritage professional to join the team. You will be providing pre-application advice, having input into a range of planning applications and formulating policy and related heritage studies. Ideally, you will have a relevant degree, a good knowledge of the planning system and experience of heritage in the context of largescale regeneration projects.
- Degree in planning, transport planning, urban design, conservation/heritage management, regeneration or a related discipline and substantial relevant experience in one of the specialist areas of this service or in a related professional discipline.
- Eligibility for membership of RTPI or other relevant professional body.
- Post graduate qualification in planning, transport, urban design, architecture, building conservation or a related discipline.
Desirable skills and experience
- Sound understanding of project management tools and techniques and experience of managing projects.
- Good numerical and IT skills including experience in the application of planning related and geographical information systems (GIS) and Microsoft Packages.
- Demonstrate an understanding of commercial realities and political awareness
If you are interested in this position kindly apply or email your CV through to Chrystina.Ioannidis@hays.com before 12noon on Thursday the 20th of February.
If you would like more detailed information before you apply, please visit our dedicated recruitment site:
If you’re ready to submit your application: APPLY NOW
Closing date: 20/02/2019 (12 noon)