AOC Archaeology Group is one of the leading heritage companies in the UK. We are looking for a full-time, permanent Buildings Archaeologist at Project Officer level to join our Built Heritage team in the Edinburgh office.
AOC undertake historic building recording projects throughout the UK from our offices at Edinburgh, London, York and Inverness. Due to an increasing workload we are seeking to expand our team at Edinburgh.
We are interested in applications from post-graduate candidates who are starting their career in buildings archaeology or experienced buildings archaeologists who would like to further develop their career and skills.
The post holder will support the Project Manager on a diverse range of tasks, including:
- Compilation of Written Scheme of Investigations
- Archive Research
- On-site historic building appraisal and analysis
- Buildings photography
- Production of historic building reports
Essential skills include:
- Post-graduate qualification in buildings archaeology, building conservation or similar
- A thorough understanding of the built environment in the UK
- A demonstrable track record in report writing
- A full, clean UK driving license
Desirable skills include:
- IHBC and/or CIfA membership, or working towards membership
- Experience in historic building recording techniques such as total station survey, laser scanning and photogrammetry
- Experience with illustration work (Adobe Suite/AutoCAD)
- Experience using ArcGIS
- CSCS card
This is an exciting opportunity for you to develop your career in built heritage with a forward-looking archaeological company. AOC believes strongly in investing in and developing its staff to achieve the highest professional standards.
It is vital that you are a proactive team member with an enthusiastic approach to built heritage. In addition, you should be self-motivated and able to work independently using your own initiative. Our diversity of work will require some periods of work away from home, some of which could be up to a week.
- Competitive salary, in line with CIfA and BAJR guidelines – salary will be awarded on the basis of demonstrated ability and previous experience
- Profit Distribution Scheme
- 28 days annual leave (including bank holidays)
- Company pension scheme
- Accommodation for projects away from base with an additional subsistence allowance of £15 per day
- Training budget and time allowance to attend conferences and CPD
- Support for research
- Paid subscriptions to CIfA and/or IHBC
- Flexible working
- TOIL and sickness benefits
AOC Archaeology is a CIfA Registered Organisation and has ISO 9001:2015 certification.
Applications are by CV and covering letter. Please send all applications to email@example.com
No Postal Applications please
Closing date for applications is Friday 6th December 2019
Interviews will take place in either Edinburgh or York in mid-January 2020.