Fuller Long is a UK-wide Town Planning & Heritage Consultancy, working on a range of projects, from securing permission for individuals through to working with SME’s, Councils and developers.
We are looking for a capable Heritage Consultant to join our team. Based opposite Waterloo Station in the brand new WeWork building, you will be helping us provide the very best Heritage Consultancy service to our existing and growing client base. We are looking for someone who is client-focused, self-motivated, responsible, ambitious and able to collaborate with our existing team to take the heritage side of the business to the next level.
Our ideal candidate will be able to show an understanding of clients’ needs on a range of small and large-sized projects, in both the commercial and residential sectors. They will have strong communication skills and be able to respond to these needs with quality advice communicated in a timely and organised manner.
Skills & Experience:
- A minimum of 6 years’ Historic Building experience;
- Hold an IHBC recognised qualification;
- Impeccable professional writing skills with an ability to provide clear, honest advice in a range of formats;
- Private sector experience preferred, but a candidate with public sector experience only will be considered;
- Excellent knowledge of both the National Planning Policy Framework and Historic England guidance;
- An enthusiastic and thorough person with a keen eye for detail is essential;
- A self-starter and someone who thrives on being responsible for their cases;
- A willingness and ability to work collaboratively in a team is vital.
- Providing Heritage Consultancy services;
- Completing written work including Heritage statements; statements of significance; historic building assessments and appeal statements;
- Contributing to tenders and fee proposals for new work;
- Working on projects with a view to meeting agreed client requirements and deadlines within budget;
- Collaborating with our existing consultant network to help deliver the very best Heritage advice;
- Attending meetings with clients/local planning authorities and other stakeholders;
- Attending site visits;
- Provision of professional advice (in writing and verbally) to clients;
- Assisting with submitting planning and listed building consent applications and appeals, and ensuring their timely delivery;
- Liaising with external contractors for input in relation to projects.
We are offering the right candidate a competitive salary package, depending on experience.
We also offer an option to work remotely one day per week.
For an informal discussion, please contact the Managing Director, Ryan Fuller on Ryan.Fuller@fullerlong.com
To apply, please send your C.V. with a covering letter outlining your experience to firstname.lastname@example.org
Further information on Fuller Long Heritage