Northumberland County Council operates a huge range of services across one the largest counties in the UK. Local Government’s ongoing challenges and the diversity of our residents means we have to work smarter. That’s why we want bold, creative and agile thinkers who can help us move forward and innovate.
Northumberland County Council wishes to appoint an experienced and enthusiastic historic environment professional to the Northumberland Coast AONB’s staff unit. This is a varied role focussed on advice and advocacy concerning the conservation and enhancement of the historic environment and landscape of the Northumberland Coast AONB, a stunning area with a rich cultural heritage. This will include revision of the AONB design guides for the built environment and for the highways estate, community engagement, developing and undertaking project work and the provision of planning advice.
You will have a degree in an historic environment or archaeological discipline and detailed understanding of building conservation and historic environment issues. The role involves travel throughout Northumberland, therefore you must be able to meet the transport requirements of the post.
- To provide development management advice for the Northumberland Coast AONB
- To revise the AONB design guides for the built environment and for the highways estate
- To provide strategic planning advice in response to consultations made to the Northumberland Coast AONB
- To provide advice and advocacy for the AONB and Partnership on issue relating to the historic enviroment and landscape of the AONB
- To coordinate and lead on the planning, design and implementation of projects and initiatives that will contribute to the conservation and enhancement of the Northumberland Coast AONB and the delivery of the Northumberland Coast AONB Management Plan, specifically in relation to the built and historic environment
- To assist the AONB Officer to advise, support and act on behalf of the Northumberland Coast AONB Partnership.
This is a 29.5 hr (4 days) per week fixed term post for 3 years.
We are offering:
- A starting salary of £27,905 pro-rata
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- A wide range of staff benefits including a competitive annual leave provision
- Flexible working arrangements
To apply please visit the website
Further information about working for Northumberland County Council.
Closing date: 15 July 2019
Interviews will be held on Wednesday 24 July 2019