Stirling City Heritage Trust is a Scottish charity and company limited by guarantee funded by Historic Environment Scotland and Stirling Council.
- The Traditional Buildings Health Check is a proactive building membership service.
- We provide advice and inspection services to traditional property owners in Stirling.
- This is a unique opportunity to work on the first project of its kind in Scotland.
- Work as part of a 2-person team to carry out detailed fabric inspections on traditional buildings in Stirling.
- Identify, assess and prioritise building defects and repair requirements and present findings in a detailed report.
- Undertake support services including preparing small repair schedules and advising on grant eligible external fabric repairs funded by the Trust.
To meet this role we seek an individual with:
- A minimum 2 years PQE (Chartered Building Surveyor or Architect with appropriate professional body membership), sound building pathology and maintenance experience including a track record of working with traditional buildings and Scottish construction methods. OR
- Expert (demonstrable) craft / construction experience of working on typical traditional Scottish buildings with SVQ level 3 qualification (or equivalent) in roofing, stonemasonry or similar traditional building skill. (In exceptional cases proof of at least 10 years relevant traditional buildings experience may be considered in lieu of qualification). AND
- Excellent communication skills and a flexible approach to the role.
- Well organised with the ability to self-manage a busy workload.
- A passion for Scotland’s traditional buildings and an enthusiastic approach to feed into the development of the service.
Secondments will be considered
Application Pack online at http://www.stirlingcityheritagetrust.org/about-us/careers/ or contact the Trust on 01786 498462 – email@example.com
Closing Date: Monday 15th July 2019 at noon
Interview date: week commencing 29th July 2019