We are seeking an experienced townscape and heritage advisor or someone with equivalent skills gained through professional experience in a related field (architecture, urban design or planning).
You would work alongside the Consultancy’s Directors on development projects, mainly in London and mainly complex schemes in sensitive, historic settings. The role entails advising project teams on townscape, heritage and visual matters during the design development phase and co-ordinating and writing assessments of schemes for planning applications.
This is a full-time post based in our central London office. The salary range is £40,000-£50,000pa depending on experience and qualifications. In addition we provide a central London travel card and a discretionary bonus annually.
The right candidate will have:
- A minimum of 5 years professional experience in townscape and heritage consultancy or similar experience in a related field (ideally architecture, urban design or planning);
- Post-graduate qualifications in a relevant field;
- Experience of writing heritage and/or townscape and visual impact assessments;
- Experience of giving advice on townscape and heritage matters verbally, at project meetings and by phone/ email;
- Knowledge of relevant UK legislation, planning policy, EIA and visual assessment guidance, and design approaches;
- A keen interest in both modern and historic architecture and design;
- Excellent writing and editorial ability;
- A personable manner with strong communication skills;
- A co-operative, committed and self-motivated personality.
Please do not phone us. If you are interested please email your CV and contact details to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject header, ‘Senior Townscape and Heritage Advisor’. We will contact suitable candidates for interview.
The Tavernor Consultancy is a leading townscape and built heritage consultancy based in central London. We provide advice and produce reports on design issues and planning policy related to developments in historic contexts. Most of our projects are in London and many are large scale, high profile schemes. We work with a range of clients and leading architects.
See our website: tavernorconsultancy.co.uk