Competitive salary based on experience
Due to increasing work load following the success of the new Savills’ Heritage Planning Team, we have a number of new opportunities for Heritage Planning consultants in our London team. We are looking to appoint an Associate Director, Senior Consultant and Consultant.
The Savills Planning team is one of the country’s leading planning and regeneration practices, having maintained its position as the Number 1 Planning Consultancy in Planning magazine’s annual consultancy survey for the fourth year running. We have over 230 planning specialists across our network of 20 offices throughout the UK, and have considerable experience of advising on complex and challenging schemes. Our regional teams are able to provide the highest quality professional planning service, underpinned by a detailed knowledge of market conditions and an understanding of local and strategic issues.
All candidates should ideally have experience of working in London, with the successful candidate for Associate Director having a proven track record of advising on heritage planning in London.
The role requires the candidate to provide built heritage consultancy advice to colleagues and clients. The candidate will be able to show they can work positively in a variety of demanding environments, have commercial acumen, work with multi-disciplinary teams with different goals and be proactive in helping to develop business opportunities and provide technical support for the team. Experience in the writing of relevant technical reports is essential, including: Environmental Impact Assessments, Heritage Statements, Feasibility Studies, Desk-based Assessment, Settings Assessments, Conservation Management Plans and fieldwork design briefs. Experience as an expert witness would be beneficial.
- Relevant Degree level (or higher) heritage based qualification and thorough knowledge of current legislation and guidance
- An appropriate level of experience depending on the post applied for and a sound knowledge of the Historic Built Environment.
- IT skills and competency in GIS systems
- Member or Associate of a relevant professional organisation (IHBC)
- Detailed knowledge of the British Town Planning System
- Technically competent in discipline with proven track record
- Full clean UK driving license
Salary and benefits:
- Competitive salary subject to experience
- 25 days holiday
- Pension scheme after 3 months employment
- Life Assurance
- Discretionary bonus
- Medical Insurance (invitation after one year’s service)
Our London planning team comprises more than 80 professionals, providing a comprehensive service across all market sectors and London boroughs. This entails working on planning appraisals & strategy; planning applications & appeals; CIL; and Section 106 agreements. We are also experienced in EIA; work as expert witnesses; and provide input into planning policy, regeneration and urban design regulations.
Further information and APPLY ONLINE
Closing date: 3rd May 2019
Interviews: May 2019