The Diocese of Bath & Wells is seeking someone to support people in our parishes to develop their buildings as living places of mission for their communities. In this role you will be responsible for:
- Providing expertise on the use, adaptation and maintenance of church buildings as places of worship, mission and growth
- Supporting and inspiring churches in the creative development of their building, including exploring greater community use and change of use
- Helping churches address maintenance and repair issues, including advice and support on obtaining funding
Our churches want to make the best use of their buildings and have good ideas but often don’t have the practical expertise to put their vision into practice. Your support and signposting to resources will give them the confidence to ensure that their buildings are properly maintained in the short-term and help them to have the vision to imagine how their buildings might be adapted for the church of the future.
We are seeking someone with experience of:
- Historic buildings: their use, repair and reordering
- Project management and providing objective advice
- Accessing external funding for historic buildings and/or community projects
- Legal requirements and good practice in the adaptation and repair of community buildings
The Anglican Diocese of Bath and Wells stretches from Portishead in the north to Crewkerne in the south, Minehead in the west to Frome in the east. We seek to serve the 940,000 people who live here in our 496 parishes. Over 90% of the churches in the diocese are listed and a significant number are listed grade 1 or 2*.
Further information and to apply please visit our website
Closing Date: Sunday 28 April 2019
Interviews: Monday 13 May 2019