Mott MacDonald are a global engineering, management and development consultancy focused on guiding our clients through many of the planet’s most intricate challenges.
Would you like to join a talented multidisciplinary team who are as passionate as you about our heritage? We’re looking for a motivated Senior/Principal Heritage Consultant to work in our busy Fleet Place Team in the heart of London. You will have an interesting and varied workload with some large and prestigious clients. You will also support other members of the heritage team on project work, manage projects yourself, and liaise with clients and stakeholders including Historic England and local planning authorities. You will also have the opportunity to get involved with business development including bid work and helping to develop Mott MacDonald’s future heritage offer.
We work with our diverse client base, including the private and public sector, to help them manage change and make the most of the opportunities the historic environment offers. You will work on everything from advising on how to manage the historic environment as part of large national infrastructure schemes to assessing heritage impacts of smaller development sites. Our range of work gives you the opportunity to get involved in many aspects of the historic environment, including historic buildings, archaeological sites and the historic landscape allowing you to apply and expand your existing knowledge and develop new skills. You will also work as part of wider project teams with other professionals in a wide range of disciplines giving you an opportunity to understand the different challenges everyone faces and how to work collaboratively to get the best outcomes.
This position can be offered on either a full-time or a part-time basis.
For more information about our environment sector, click here.
Depending on your skills and our project requirements your work is likely to cover;
- Liaising with clients and stakeholders to deliver great schemes
- Working with other professionals, including designers, engineers and environmental specialists, to realise the best schemes that benefit our clients and the environment
- Producing heritage assessment reports, including EIA, Heritage Statements and Archaeological Desk Based Assessments
- Developing business opportunities for heritage with both internal and external clients
- Managing projects in the historic environment from bid work to completion
- Managing fieldwork including historic building recording and assessment
- Supporting bid work and providing heritage inputs on multi-disciplinary tenders
- Being part of a team who support each other with project work and professional development
We are looking for someone with a background in built heritage or historic environment planning. You will have had previous experience working in the heritage sector in either the private or public sector. You should have good written and verbal communication skills. As we work all over the UK and have some overseas projects, a willingness and ability to travel, and a full driving licence is essential. Whilst you should be able to work independently and take the initiative we believe in collaborative working to make sure that everyone gets the most out of their work. We will support you in your professional development both as a historic environment specialist, and in consultancy more generally.
Equality, diversity and inclusion:
Equality, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) are at the heart of our organisation. We promote equal opportunities and have several initiatives to create an inclusive workplace culture; Our dedicated inclusive recruitment page provides more information on our efforts and recognitions.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will talk to you about how we can assist.
At Mott MacDonald, we support our staff to create work-life balance which works for them and welcome candidates looking for career flexibility. We are open to discussing flexible working at interview stage.
We can offer:
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Competitive annual leave and the option to purchase additional annual leave
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Life insurance
- Enhanced parental leave
- Annual company performance bonus scheme – Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits scheme to suit you, including cycle to work & Interest free season ticket loans etc.
Further details and APPLY ONLINE
Closing date: 19 June 2019