Salary will be dependent on experience.
Located in Belfast, Alastair Coey Architects is an established Grade 1 Conservation Architectural practice, specialising in all aspects of the care and protection of the historic environment throughout the UK and Republic of Ireland. We are seeking a Built Heritage Assistant, to contribute to the preparation of heritage-based projects, including inventory or designation surveys, heritage assessments and conservation management plans, for a range of public and private sector clients including the Department for Communities (NI), the National Trust, and Historic England. The successful candidate will be expected to contribute to research and field-based content, as well as prepare documents for publication, and provide project-based administrative support.
Projects may involve travel within Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland, and other regions of the UK, with occasional overnight stays.
- A good degree or post-degree qualification, in a relevant discipline;
- Excellent written communication;
- Excellent computer skills, to assist presentation of text, graphical, map and image information;
- Ability to manage own time and work to tight deadlines;
- Excellent teamwork skills;
- A full, clean driving license;
- Good administration and/or project management skills.
- Demonstrable historical research and analysis skills;
- Demonstrable field work experience, to include the description and assessment of historic buildings and/or areas;
- Experience of assessing significance;
- GIS (ESRI/MapInfo) skills;
- Experience in the conservation of historic buildings;
- Good understanding of relevant legislation, policy and guidance.
The deadline for responses is 5pm on Thursday 2 May 2019.
Interviews will take place in Belfast at a date to be confirmed.
Please send your CV with a covering letter outlining how you meet the criteria, to firstname.lastname@example.org including the subject reference BUILT HERITAGE ASSISTANT.