£34,000 – £43,000 (salary dependent on experience)
Between Time Ltd, have a vacancy for someone with experience in building conservation or contract management to join the management team. The role involves taking responsibility for some of the conservation building contracts the company carries out to a range of listed buildings, churches and ancient monuments in and around Hertfordshire, West Essex, North and East London.
Between Time conservation builders is based near Hertford, Herts, and this is an unusual opportunity to develop more practical aspects of a career in the Heritage Sector, working closely with craftspeople and the existing Contract Managers with responsibility for a variety of contracts. It suits someone with an active interest in the best use of materials and approaches to solve technical problems on listed buildings, and an opportunity to get involved hands on if wanted. We stock, prepare and use building limes in all their forms for building conservation, along with other natural and hand-made materials.
With Between Time there will be opportunities to add to your existing heritage qualifications or experience, and to progress a career in the heritage sector for a wide range of clients including Trusts, Churches, Private Clients often working closely with Historic England.
You will need:
- A strong interest in the details of historic buildings
- Suitable qualifications include Diploma or Cert Higher Ed in Historic Building Conservation, BA/Foundation Degree in Architectural Conservation, MA in Conservation Studies, MSc Historic Conservation, Post Grad Building Conservation at the AA.
- Experience of contract or cost management
- A proactive approach to finding technical solutions to architectural challenges
- Expertise in using construction drawings and construction details
- Knowledge and experience of Health & Safety and a conservation approach to old buildings.
- Good communication and teamwork skills
- The ability to communicate successfully with client, craftspeople, external consultants and colleagues
You will also have:
- Computer skills including Word, Excel, Drawing, Cost management.
- A proactive and enthusiastic personality
- Driving licence
Applications closing date 21st March 2019
Further and apply at betweentime.uk.com/news