We are proud of that heritage – just as we are proud of our reputation as a highly professional firm of chartered surveyors and property consultants. We do not stand still and are forever adapting, constantly looking at innovative ways to service our clients and deliver creative solutions.
Through our office network we are involved in some of the largest commercial, residential and mixed-use property projects in the UK today. Partners at Montagu Evans have a hands-on style of working and are personally involved at all stages of a project – from inception to completion and beyond – making critical decisions that ensure the best possible outcome for our clients each and every time. We are totally committed and always direct. In a world where loyalty is rare, our approach has enabled client relationships to be formed and maintained for many years.
This is what drives us: putting our clients first. It’s why we remain a partnership. With continuity amongst our partners and staff we really can offer the best possible service based on a stable and sustainable partnership ethos.
About the role
We are looking for talented, ambitious and personable senior planner, who specialises in the historic environment planning matters, particularly those related to listed buildings to join our planning and development team.
This person would work with a wide range of clients, from charities (government bodies, the NHS, universities), to leading blue chip developers all sectors and in particular private clients in the residential sector. The work is largely in London and southern England but our expertise takes us around the country to work on complex projects, drawing on our wide experience. There is a great deal of expert work, on Appeals, in the Lands Tribunal and other areas where professional excellence matters. The successful candidate will be supporting partners in this work and so have extensive interaction with the legal profession (planning and property solicitors and barristers).
The right candidate will have the opportunity to progress up through our successful partnership and s/he will have exposure to a varied range of work. We offer a competitive remuneration package, experience in a position offering early responsibility with a strong client focus, and excellent career prospects which are limited only by your ambition.
Reports to: Partner (Tim Miles) – Planning
Location: Bolton Street, London W1J 8BA
- This consultancy sector attracts talent from a diverse background, and so we have an open mind about qualifications.
- Minimum 4 years post qualification experience of the consents process in the private or public sector.
- Membership in RTPI or equivalent RICS (development planning) is clearly one route, but LPA experience of development management combined with a conservation qualification is another route.
- Experience obtained either providing all planning advice on heritage projects (and those involving sensitive land) and/or
- Working with planners as a specialist.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent writing.
- A pragmatic problem-solving mind with
- Keen interest in the way planning and development shapes the historic environment and our quality of life.
- An ability to negotiate effectively.
- Good communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Team player.
- Committed and organised.
For further information please APPLY ONLINE
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com Quoting reference Number 63 in the subject title on the email.