The Oxford Diocesan Advisory Committee (DAC) are currently seeking an Assistant Church Buildings Officer to help support the long term sustainable future of the historic church buildings across the diocese and help individual congregations to care for them and adapt them for today’s needs.
Working directly with the Senior Church Buildings Officer, the individual will be responsible for:
- Processing and assisting with DAC casework, including issuing feedback on applications to parishes after the DAC meeting and following this up as appropriate
- Arranging DAC visits, and attend them as directed by the Senior Church Buildings Officer
- Assist in providing information, training and guidance for parishes in all aspects of managing their churches
- Administer the DAC archives, electronic records, and databases
- Preparing agendas, recommendations and collations of papers for DAC meetings
You will be from an architectural, surveying or conservation officer background with strong knowledge of conservation techniques and philosophy. A keen eye for detail and skill at managing stakeholders will be essential.
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Liz Kitch, Senior Church Buildings Officer on 01865 208229
For further details please APPLY ONLINE
To apply, please email your completed application form along with a covering letter and recruitment monitoring form to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for receipt of applications is 5:00pm 30th July 2018
Interviews will take place on 14th August 2018
We are committed to the promotion of equal opportunities for all