We are a team based in Central London that is working on a number of interesting and challenging projects which you can contribute to. You will often be involved at the outset of a project with detailed historic research which helps to define the project parameters. You will be involved with the growth of a team that has big ambitions and already has secured instructions to work on an exciting mix of projects.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone looking to develop the skills learnt through their own heritage interest or heritage related degree and apply them to a consultancy environment. You will be a fundamental part of the team and will be able to learn from our collective experience as well as develop relationships with conservation officers and Historic England officers.
- Undertake detailed historic research, identifying sources and obtaining material to develop an understanding of a heritage asset;
- Application of research to an individual building or place to understand development of that place;
- Presentation skills in identifying clear messages from research undertaken;
- Assist in providing clear, professional advice;
- Good professional writing skills with an ability to construct a range of reports.
- Experience in proactive working, often as part of a wider team;
- Some experience in preparing and submitting applications for listed building consent would be advantageous;
- Experience within the heritage or planning field would be helpful.
- A keen interest in the heritage sector with an understanding of the planning framework that we operate;
- A good quality degree is helpful, but not essential;
- Working towards membership of the IHBC.
- Enthusiasm, thoroughness, honesty, commitment and controlled under pressure.
- A willingness and ability to work in both a team and on one’s own.
- Ability to manage complex workload.
JLL is a financial and professional services firm specialising in real estate services and investment management. We have more than 58,000 people in more than 1,000 locations in 80 countries serving the local, regional and global real estate needs of those clients, growing our company in the process. In response to changing client expectations and market conditions, we assemble teams of experts who deliver integrated services built on market insight and foresight, sound research and relevant market knowledge. We attract, develop and reward the best, and most diverse, people in our industry, challenging them to develop enduring client relationships built on quality service, collaboration and trust.
For further details and to apply contact: Heather Steele at Heather.Steele@eu.jll.