Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC’s 2018 School, 21-23 June 2018: Featured on DBW’s 7500+ user alerts – So book now before early bird rates close on 20 April 23/03/2018
- Jobs for all at ‘IHBC Jobs etc’: A work update on recent opportunities, from surveyor and inspector to conservation officer and covenants! 23/03/2018
- IHBC HESPR’s top pick from up to c.£285K+ of costed work this week: NHMF’s ‘Great Place’ scheme evaluation, closing 16/04, valued £40K 23/03/2018
- IHBC’s international CPD taster from Context 152: Gustavo Giovannoni on planning in historic towns 23/03/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Homeowners in Telford and Wrekin might not need PP following LDO to save fees 23/03/2018
- Glasgow’s Pavilion Theatre saved after nearby nightclub ‘inferno’ 23/03/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Bath Abbey wins right to remove nave pews after dispute with campaigners 23/03/2018
- HE’s March Planning Bulletin now available highlighting consultation on NPPF and Planning Practice Guidance 23/03/2018
- Rescheduled dates are announced by Highways England for A303 Stonehenge consultation events 23/03/2018
- Prime Minister makes appointments to HLF/NHMF Board 23/03/2018
- LGA warns ‘barn conversion’ developments to heap more pressure on rural schools, roads and affordability 23/03/2018
- BBC updates on ‘The youngsters keeping traditional trades alive’ 23/03/2018
- New data for IHBC’s ‘LB Prosecutions Database’: Following Boston fine update, more case updates sought 20/03/2018
- IHBC 2018 Yearbook and School theme taster: HES ‘Engine Shed’ public education programme now out 20/03/2018
- IHBC’s School-inspired ‘CPD boost’, via Conservation Wiki, DBW and Context: James Caird’s ‘Tapestry of transport’ 20/03/2018
- IHBC CPD boost: Check the library of sustainable building materials at Glasgow’s Lighthouse 20/03/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Guildford campaigners fear sell-off could mean end for GII listed building 20/03/2018
- Twentieth Century Society report scopes out UK’s modern Conservation Areas 20/03/2018
- Court ruling for switching off CCTV at times of worship 20/03/2018
- Civic Voice APPG update: Griff says without resourced councils England more ‘likely to end up with wrong homes in the wrong places’ 20/03/2018
- Milton Keynes 14-storey ‘luxury’ Hotel La Tour approved 20/03/2018
- HE announces ‘Immortalised’: A hunt for the nation’s secret, forgotten or unknown memorial 20/03/2018
- Update on London becoming world’s first #NationalParkCity 2019 20/03/2018
- Highways England ‘Opens Doors’ to behind the scenes construction sites for the 2018 ‘Year of Engineering’ 20/03/2018
- IHBC update on Civic Societies APPG on draft NPPF: ‘Will it deliver England’s future homes?’: ‘Not a chance’ say all! 16/03/2018
IHBC member benefits abound as ‘Building Conservation Directory’ 2018 arrives: From WHS development to masonry bridges and more
IHBC members will find many current topics and new developments discussed in the latest Building Conservation Directory (BCD) from IHBC’s partner publisher Cathedral Communications, with an introduction by Sir Laurie Magnus, Chair, Historic England and content that ranges from development in World Heritage Sites (WHSs)to masonry bridges.
IHBC CPD check: On ‘Building Design’, at DBW – and maybe make your own contributions on heritage issues too!
IHBC members may find a useful introduction to the thorny subject ‘Building Design’ in an article on Designing Buildings Wiki (DBW), and as it can be edited, anyone with special skills, interests or concerns on the topic may add to the content too, such as on design and conservation issues, enhancing their own CPD as well as extending their professional profile .
SPIC launches briefing paper on the Planning (Scotland) Bill – How the Scottish planning system currently operates
Chief Planning Officer at the Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government’s (MHCLG), Steve Quartermain, has written to England’s local authorities to say that the government intends to publish a draft revised National Planning Policy Framework (NPPF) before Easter, and on issues such as Local Housing, Community Infrastructure, pre-commencement regulations, plan-making Regulations and that ‘Planning practice guidance will be updated where appropriate in due course’.
The Victorian Society have applied for leave to appeal against the recent judgement in favour of removing the nave pews from Bath Abbey.