The IHBC’s jobs service has been extended to include notices on both the IHBC’s Linkedin Group and its twitter site, all while continuing the same competitive prices for users.
IHBC Director Sean O’Reilly said: ‘These developments represent perfectly our ongoing programme of extending services while still keeping costs under tight control. We hope it will encourage many more to use this service. Certainly, using our jobs service is still the best way to reach the professionals that our industries – charity, development or environmental – increasingly need.’
‘The jobs website supports a large part of our charitable capacity, so we make great efforts to maintain it as relevant, accessible, appropriate and informed.* All our members – indeed anyone interested in the future of conservation – are encouraged to monitor relevant job advertisements. If these fail to reach our jobs service they should let the employer know the opportunities they are missing – our web services have more than 200,000 page views a month – and the risks they may be generating.’
‘It is ironic that, as trusteeships and placements increasingly appear on our service, reflecting requirements to promote such opportunities fairly and appropriately, employers baulk at the small cost of advertising regardless of the risks they are generating in the most substantial outlay for their business, and potentially their riskiest responsibility, their employees!’
* The IHBC jobs service is:
- Free to end-users
- Integrated into a web service with more than 200,000 page views a month for 2200 members direct and more using links
- Available on ‘RSS’ feed
- Includes jobs & other opportunities, e.g. trusteeships & placements
- Uniquely reaches all specialist areas in built and historic environment conservation (in line with IHBC membership) e.g. archaeology; history; surveying; planning; building; development; architecture; project management etc
- ‘health of the sector’ indicator
- Resource for bench-marking salaries
- Cost effective risk mitigation: Outlay c.0.005% of a 1 year average salary secures the right audience; less for charities!
- Flexible arrangements for packages
- Speed posting options
- Charity rates
- Postal options
Tip of the day: Companies and charities that use recruitment consultants must brief them properly about the importance of using the IHBC’s jobs service, and check all their copy before it goes out. Many agencies do not know this sector, and some even fail to provide basic contact details in job adverts (e.g. contact numbers!). We pick them up where possible, but your money – and our time – is wasted if you don’t brief them properly.
See the IHBC’s Linkedin Group jobs page at: LINK
See the IHBC’s Twitter feed at: LINK