The IHBC is delighted to announce that students in the first year of an IHBC Recognised Conservation Course can have up to one year free membership of the professional body – simply join online!
IHBC Education Secretary Andrew Shepherd, in the first major announcement with his new role as a trustee, said: ‘The Institute values the importance of the recognised courses in providing the required skills for our sector. We believe that this offer will make a unique contribution to the upskilling of course participants.’
‘So I’m delighted that IHBC Trustees have just agreed to offer this additional support to those conservation courses. They deliver content in line with the IHBC’s ICOMOS-compliant professional and specialist standards, our ‘Areas of Competence’ and can only benefit from such support.’
IHBC Director Seán O’Reilly said: ‘With students on IHBC-recognised conservation courses now able to receive a free year of IHBC membership support as Affiliate members, we are formally linking independent conservation education to our specialist and ethical practice standards.’
‘This way the IHBC is laying the foundations both for the future careers of the students, young and old, and for the best conservation outcomes for the built and historic environment under their care’.
IHBC Recognised Courses are listed on the website
The offer applies to students on courses subject to either Full or Select recognition.
Terms and conditions
- Students must be registered on conservation course currently recognised by the IHBC, while both Full and Select recognition apply
- The offer is a ‘taster’ as well as a support, so is a ‘one time only’ offer for any student
- The offer applies only for one year (September to September) at which time renewal may be secured through fee support or payment as follows:
- Anyone on low-income, including students renewing membership, may avail of the IHBC’s other membership fee support, detailed on the website
- If renewed the default will be at a concessionary (50%) rate for a half-year period to the following April
- If not renewed, membership, as well as membership concessions, benefits and support, will automatically lapse.
- Students qualifying for the offer need only fill out the short online registration form, identifying their course in the ‘Notes’ section
Follow the links to see more on IHBC membership and the Areas of Competence.
Anyone on low wage, including students not qualifying for this offer, can find out more about fee support from the IHBC.
To join, students should complete the short online registration form and include the name of their course in the ‘Notes’ section.