Scotland’s First Minister Nicola Sturgeon has launched her Programme for Government for 2017/2018, which confirms that planning, climate change and Crown Estate bills will be introduced.
According to a section on reform of the planning system, the Scottish Government’s proposals for the bill include:
- A new approach to Simplified Planning Zones;
- Modernising Compulsory Purchase Orders;
- Building on its eDevelopment services with a digital taskforce;
- Reviewing the National Planning Framework, strengthening its alignment with wider strategies and programmes;
- Using new powers to restrict the number of betting shops and payday lenders on high streets; and
- Working with local authorities to support people to live an active lifestyle.