The IHBC and the Supply Chain team at HS2 (High Speed 2) are inviting IHBC members to an HS2 ‘Enabling Works Supplier Day’ on 3 May at the VOX, Birmingham, with Tuesday 18 April the deadline for registering interest.
The Supply Chain team at HS2 writes:
HS2 ‘Enabling Works Contractors’ (EWCs) need to respond to challenges around a range of historical and listed sites and fabric that they need to work with in delivering their HS2programme of works over the course of this year. To supplement their capabilities, they seek suitably skilled and experienced specialists in these areas, and IHBC members are a target group.
In preparation for the bid there will be a ‘Enabling Works Supplier Day’ on 3 May at the VOX in Birmingham. This offers the chance to meet the EWCs and HS2 specialists so that they can prepare themselves to bid for the upcoming opportunities.
Three joint venture contractors covering the north, central and south of the HS2 Phase 1 route from Euston to Birmingham will present their current and future opportunities, procurement routes, and be available to meet suppliers throughout the day.
The objectives of the day will be to:
- meet and engage with as many new potential supply chain members as possible
- manage gaps in the supply chain by promoting requirements early
- open opportunities up to include SMEs and Minority enterprises
- ensure quality and value for money are attained across the programme of works
- hold 1-2-1 meetings with the most relevant suppliers so that they can be assessed for inclusion on tender exercises
- communicateHS2 values and key messages via our specialists on the stands to assist potential suppliers in bidding for work
- introduce and educate potential suppliers to/on CompeteFor – the advertising portal where all applicable opportunities will be advertised.
See more on HS2
Register your interest
DOWNLOAD more information
For further information please contact the event team:
- E: firstname.lastname@example.org
- T: 0117 906 4520