Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC’s 2018 Belfast School opens: ‘Our Shared heritage’ – Join in, in person or via social media 21/06/2018
- IHBC HESPR’s top pick this week: Canal and River Trust seeks Architects for restoration and redevelopment of the former waterway depot at Finsley Gate Wharf, Burnley, closing 02/07, value £300k 21/06/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Labour bid to save Maida Vale Studios 21/06/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the platform’: BBC features St Pancras drinking fountain restoration 21/06/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the US doorstep’: CNN reports from ‘Inside Westminster Abbey’s $30M secret attic’, by Ptolemy 21/06/2018
- HE consults on ‘Assistant Historic Environment Advisor’ Apprenticeship Standard – call for comment by 8 July 21/06/2018
- Heritage 2020 – Expressions of Interest sought for pro bono update on statutory England’s heritage-related duties of England’s local authorities, closing 5 July 21/06/2018
- Groundbreaking scheme places new generation of planners in local government 21/06/2018
- Historic England Advisory Committee (HEAC) vacancies (4): Pro bono, closing 4 July 21/06/2018
- Going to IHBC’s 2018 School in Derry-Londonderry on Saturday? New Derry Walls Management Plan launched 19/06/2018
- Another ‘IHBC CPD Boost’ for the 2018 School: NI Branch Chair and School lead Andrew McClelland explores social takes on shared heritage in IHBC’s 2018 Yearbook 19/06/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Champions of Slough’s iconic Horlicks building lose fight for listed status 19/06/2018
- Glasgow fire: Art school’s Mackintosh building extensively damaged 19/06/2018
- Scottish Parliament explores need for legislative change in tenement maintenance 19/06/2018
- MaintenanceBooker: A new heritage website ‘to help end the misery of leaking church roofs’ 19/06/2018
- DCMS Areas of Research Interest 19/06/2018
- HE’s Places of Worship web update 19/06/2018
- North West Leicestershire DC approves plans to for Snibston colliery site 19/06/2018
- SAVE’s 2018-2019 Buildings at Risk Catalogue: ‘Revive and Survive’ due 27 June 2018 19/06/2018
- Heritage Collective, Principal Sponsor to IHBC’s 2018 School, will focus on delegate welcomes by staff 15/06/2018
- ‘IHBC Jobs etc.’ skills review: From Historic England’s ‘Taylor Review’ pilot posts to HESPR member Heritage Collective’s ‘Heritage Consultant’ opportunity 15/06/2018
- A timely ‘IHBC CPD boost’ for Belfast 2018 from the BBC, featuring Belfast Buildings Trust’s ‘Carlisle Memorial’ case study 15/06/2018
- IHBC HESPR’s pick from last week: Birmingham CC seeks conservation professional architectural services for GII* listed Highbury Hall, closing 22/06, value £400k 15/06/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Taunton Dean BC issues Urgent Works Notice to Tonedale House owners 15/06/2018
- RTPI challenges apprenticeship body’s assessment plan ruling 15/06/2018
Daily Archives: 23/05/2018
More IHBC members (and School delegates) with benefits: 2018 School Friend UAH offers 25% off select CPD-linked publications – NB: Collect at UAH only or P&P extra
Ulster Architectural Heritage (UAH), lead Friend for the IHBC’s 2018 School, is offering IHBC members and School delegates 25% off select publications, to support their CPD and learning experience at the School. Simply email Joanna at email@example.com, quoting your IHBC … Continue reading
Missing the IHBC’s 2018 School? Don’t forget – Money is not the barrier as bursaries are still available!
Bursary places (mainly for the Day School) are still available for the IHBC’s 2018 School in Belfast on 21-23 June, themed on ‘Our Shared Heritage’ and offering some of the best heritage learning and CPD around: up to 9 hours … Continue reading
Missing the IHBC’s 2018 School – or going along? Either way, get your CPD boosts using our Day School ‘Speakers’ webpage
The IHBC is continually improving Continuing Professional Development (CPD) support at our Annual Schools, and for 2018 members can already assess projected skills and themes using a pilot CPD matrix suite – to promote School attendance and benefits to employers … Continue reading
IHBC Annual School’s ‘Sharing’ theme shared with Ireland’s national heritage week of ‘stories’ – 18 to Sunday, 26 August, 2018
As part of the 2018 European Year of Cultural Heritage, over the last week of August, national and local organisations across Ireland will host heritage-related events that follow the ‘shared heritage’ topic of the IHBC’s 2018 Belfast School, also a … Continue reading
IHBC welcomes National Parks UK celebrat?ion of historic environments on ‘European Day of Parks’: 24 May
The IHBC has welcomed National Parks UK’s celebration of historic environments on ‘European Day of Parks’ with its new ‘Special landscapes shaped by people’ publication, due May 24. image St Benets Abbey © Christopher Hill
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Former mayor opposes demolition of Bath College’s Allen Building
Plans to knock down Bath College’s Allen Building in the city centre to make way for another hotel have been called ‘ridiculous’ and could wreck the former Bath mayor’s ‘proudest moment’, writes Somerset Live.
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Neighbours bring life back into Scotland’s redundant churches, say BEFS and others
MORE communities are rallying round to help save Scotland’s ecclesiastical heritage and make the most of a growing number of redundant churches say experts, as Herald Scotland reports on a heritage sector-led event designed to guide communities on how to … Continue reading
The Council of Europe (COE) has adopted a revised directive on ‘Energy efficient buildings’, aimed at improving ‘energy efficiency in buildings and encourages building renovation’.
The Government has published its response to the consultation on draft regulations on ‘Improving the use of planning conditions’.
An online mapping survey, ‘DeStress’, has been launched by university researchers working to mitigate the negative impact environmental noise has on city dwellers’ health and wellbeing by identifying and preserving places with positive soundscapes.