Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC’s ‘Sample a weekly HESPR alert’ opportunity! And see how IHBC can work for you at the ‘quality end of… commercial conservation’ 19/03/2019
- IHBC South East Branch 2019 Day School report: ‘Policy in Practice’, with a forward look to IHBC’s 2020 Annual School in Brighton 19/03/2019
- Don’t forget: IHBC’s Gus Astley Student Awards 2019 open until 31 July – Win £500 and a free place on IHBC’s 2020 Brighton School… simply submit coursework online! 19/03/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the civic doorstep’; as Civic Voice raises the question: Is what is happening here happening everywhere? 19/03/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the Railway Line’: Long-closed Otterington Station Grade II listed 19/03/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the ‘Ethical Marketing’ doorstep’: AHF’s new £7m loan and social investment fund to secure the future of the UK’s historic buildings 19/03/2019
- CIfA and FAME celebrate ‘More archaeologists employed than ever before’ – as 2018 Archaeological Market Survey now available 19/03/2019
- Another record-breaking year for Scottish heritage sites 19/03/2019
- NHTG receives funding from B&CE Charitable Trust 19/03/2019
- New flagship fund for nature in Scotland launched 19/03/2019
- How to explore a secret part of London’s underground history 19/03/2019
- Old photos show Katrine aqueduct being built 19/03/2019
- IHBC launches new Toolbox ‘Advice Note on the Curtilage Rule’, on listed farmhouses and associated farm buildings 16/03/2019
- Ecclesiastical issues its Heritage Sector insights: More context for the IHBC’s 2019 School 16/03/2019
- IHBC encourages input to RTPI Corporate Strategy review, closing 17 March 16/03/2019
- IHBC reminder to employers: ‘Trailblazer’ apprenticeship consultation closes 22 March – IHBC Chair urges responses, including on ‘single’ or ‘core and option’ alternatives 16/03/2019
- IHBC’s HESPR top pick from £28.3M+ costed work this week: Coventry CC seeks Project Manager for London Road Cemetery, closing 19/03, £40k-£75k 16/03/2019
- RTPI says ‘Au revoir’ to planning in the public interest… Hello ‘Austerity Planner’ 16/03/2019
- South West Wales to benefit from £27m funding boost 16/03/2019
- Heritage sector generated over £4bn for Scotland’s economy in 2017-18 16/03/2019
- Revealed: The thousands of public spaces lost to the council funding crisis 16/03/2019
- Parliamentary Committee announces inquiry into Local Government finance: Submissions closing 17 April 16/03/2019
- Man sentenced after church lead thefts spanning four counties 16/03/2019
- Buxton bid to £675m Future High Streets Fund in move to boost town centre 16/03/2019
- Futures of The Barrow Boys and Hull’s Banksy decided by Hull City Council’s planning committee 16/03/2019
Daily Archives: 23/05/2018
More IHBC members (and School delegates) with benefits: 2018 School Friend UAH offers 25% off select CPD-linked publications – NB: Collect at UAH only or P&P extra
Ulster Architectural Heritage (UAH), lead Friend for the IHBC’s 2018 School, is offering IHBC members and School delegates 25% off select publications, to support their CPD and learning experience at the School. Simply email Joanna at email@example.com, quoting your IHBC … Continue reading
Missing the IHBC’s 2018 School? Don’t forget – Money is not the barrier as bursaries are still available!
Bursary places (mainly for the Day School) are still available for the IHBC’s 2018 School in Belfast on 21-23 June, themed on ‘Our Shared Heritage’ and offering some of the best heritage learning and CPD around: up to 9 hours … Continue reading
Missing the IHBC’s 2018 School – or going along? Either way, get your CPD boosts using our Day School ‘Speakers’ webpage
The IHBC is continually improving Continuing Professional Development (CPD) support at our Annual Schools, and for 2018 members can already assess projected skills and themes using a pilot CPD matrix suite – to promote School attendance and benefits to employers … Continue reading
IHBC Annual School’s ‘Sharing’ theme shared with Ireland’s national heritage week of ‘stories’ – 18 to Sunday, 26 August, 2018
As part of the 2018 European Year of Cultural Heritage, over the last week of August, national and local organisations across Ireland will host heritage-related events that follow the ‘shared heritage’ topic of the IHBC’s 2018 Belfast School, also a … Continue reading
IHBC welcomes National Parks UK celebrat?ion of historic environments on ‘European Day of Parks’: 24 May
The IHBC has welcomed National Parks UK’s celebration of historic environments on ‘European Day of Parks’ with its new ‘Special landscapes shaped by people’ publication, due May 24. image St Benets Abbey © Christopher Hill
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Former mayor opposes demolition of Bath College’s Allen Building
Plans to knock down Bath College’s Allen Building in the city centre to make way for another hotel have been called ‘ridiculous’ and could wreck the former Bath mayor’s ‘proudest moment’, writes Somerset Live.
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Neighbours bring life back into Scotland’s redundant churches, say BEFS and others
MORE communities are rallying round to help save Scotland’s ecclesiastical heritage and make the most of a growing number of redundant churches say experts, as Herald Scotland reports on a heritage sector-led event designed to guide communities on how to … Continue reading
The Council of Europe (COE) has adopted a revised directive on ‘Energy efficient buildings’, aimed at improving ‘energy efficiency in buildings and encourages building renovation’.
The Government has published its response to the consultation on draft regulations on ‘Improving the use of planning conditions’.
An online mapping survey, ‘DeStress’, has been launched by university researchers working to mitigate the negative impact environmental noise has on city dwellers’ health and wellbeing by identifying and preserving places with positive soundscapes.