Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- Secure your place at the heart of ‘Creative Conservation’, with sector leads (AHF, HE, THA etc.) + case studies + networks + stands: 4 Oct – ‘Cost effective and creative CPD, from London IHBC!’ 21/09/2018
- IHBC’s special Branch outreach and support uplift – All you need on your annual operations as new ‘IHBC Branch Operations’ and ‘Social Media Guidance’ launched! 21/09/2018
- IHBC’s HESPR top pick from £1.2M+ costed work this week: Dover DC seeks services relating to Maison Dieu – closing 10/10, valued £52k 21/09/2018
- IHBC’s CPD boost with a twist: Context’s distillation in ‘Periodically’ … and fast too! 21/09/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the (theatre) doorstep’: Theatre Royal Plymouth granted listed status – and Stage touts! 21/09/2018
- Government faces court action from FoE over ‘illegal’ planning policy 21/09/2018
- Seven Welsh high streets shortlisted for Great British High Street awards 21/09/2018
- ‘Prioritisation within built heritage’ – BEFS’ calls for ideas 21/09/2018
- Uxbridge homeowner who built illegal extensions ordered to pay nearly £10k in fines by court 21/09/2018
- Vic Soc Top 10 list reveals eclectic selection of endangered buildings 21/09/2018
- New HE & IHBC joint Webinar pilot: First online offerings and updates with ‘Enforcement’ focus – webinars from 11 Oct, with booking open now! 18/09/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Practice Spotlight’: Crumbling masonry in GII Gothic house cleaned up following S.215 ‘Untidy Sites Notice’ – ‘powers not used enough…’ says the IHBC 18/09/2018
- IHBC’s Context ‘CPD boost’- A heritage conservation revolution, in context 18/09/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage on the doorstep’: York Civic Trust on ‘the first modern lesbian’ 18/09/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage on the (amenity) doorstep’: C20 Soc & more object to temporary Royal Festival Hall rooftop restaurant 18/09/2018
- IHBC ‘CPD Boost’ in practice: ‘Councils facing financial turbulence should consult more – not less’ 18/09/2018
- New innovation fund for places of worship launched by HLF: Expressions by 14 Oct 18/09/2018
- Update: The Climate Change (Emissions Reduction Targets) (Scotland) Bill 18/09/2018
- Civic Voice’s ‘Big Conservation Conversation’: Civic Conservation Audits and the ‘Conversation’ 18/09/2018
- Letter from the Chief Planner: A Scotland-wide update 18/09/2018
- NT’s ‘AACB’ feature on Biddulph Grange Geological Garden: The restoration of a ‘known unknown’ 18/09/2018
- IHBC’s 2018 members survey feedback No3: Our thoughts on sundry ‘issues as submitted’ – IHBC members can take a look! 15/09/2018
- A pre-IHBC classic is now accessible online on our LPA web resource – 1992’s ‘Listed Building Repairs Notices’ from the ACO 15/09/2018
- IHBC Annual School Belfast 2018: A ‘Digital thanks and recap’ – And another CPD opportunity for all from the IHBC 15/09/2018
- IHBC’s HESPR top pick from £200K+ costed work posted this week: Liverpool Cathedral seeks Architect – closing 08/10 15/09/2018
Daily Archives: 23/05/2018
More IHBC members (and School delegates) with benefits: 2018 School Friend UAH offers 25% off select CPD-linked publications – NB: Collect at UAH only or P&P extra
Ulster Architectural Heritage (UAH), lead Friend for the IHBC’s 2018 School, is offering IHBC members and School delegates 25% off select publications, to support their CPD and learning experience at the School. Simply email Joanna at email@example.com, quoting your IHBC … Continue reading
Missing the IHBC’s 2018 School? Don’t forget – Money is not the barrier as bursaries are still available!
Bursary places (mainly for the Day School) are still available for the IHBC’s 2018 School in Belfast on 21-23 June, themed on ‘Our Shared Heritage’ and offering some of the best heritage learning and CPD around: up to 9 hours … Continue reading
Missing the IHBC’s 2018 School – or going along? Either way, get your CPD boosts using our Day School ‘Speakers’ webpage
The IHBC is continually improving Continuing Professional Development (CPD) support at our Annual Schools, and for 2018 members can already assess projected skills and themes using a pilot CPD matrix suite – to promote School attendance and benefits to employers … Continue reading
IHBC Annual School’s ‘Sharing’ theme shared with Ireland’s national heritage week of ‘stories’ – 18 to Sunday, 26 August, 2018
As part of the 2018 European Year of Cultural Heritage, over the last week of August, national and local organisations across Ireland will host heritage-related events that follow the ‘shared heritage’ topic of the IHBC’s 2018 Belfast School, also a … Continue reading
IHBC welcomes National Parks UK celebrat?ion of historic environments on ‘European Day of Parks’: 24 May
The IHBC has welcomed National Parks UK’s celebration of historic environments on ‘European Day of Parks’ with its new ‘Special landscapes shaped by people’ publication, due May 24. image St Benets Abbey © Christopher Hill
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Former mayor opposes demolition of Bath College’s Allen Building
Plans to knock down Bath College’s Allen Building in the city centre to make way for another hotel have been called ‘ridiculous’ and could wreck the former Bath mayor’s ‘proudest moment’, writes Somerset Live.
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Neighbours bring life back into Scotland’s redundant churches, say BEFS and others
MORE communities are rallying round to help save Scotland’s ecclesiastical heritage and make the most of a growing number of redundant churches say experts, as Herald Scotland reports on a heritage sector-led event designed to guide communities on how to … Continue reading
The Council of Europe (COE) has adopted a revised directive on ‘Energy efficient buildings’, aimed at improving ‘energy efficiency in buildings and encourages building renovation’.
The Government has published its response to the consultation on draft regulations on ‘Improving the use of planning conditions’.
An online mapping survey, ‘DeStress’, has been launched by university researchers working to mitigate the negative impact environmental noise has on city dwellers’ health and wellbeing by identifying and preserving places with positive soundscapes.