Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- Keynote speakers at the IHBC Annual Schools 2018/19: sharing heritage AND risk and resilience 11/12/2018
- IHBC raises objections in high-level Trailblazer Apprenticeship for ‘Historic Environment Advisors’ 11/12/2018
- DesigningBuildings Wiki features IHBC’s Context celebrating ‘50 years of the TCPA and LB protection’ 11/12/2018
- IHBC’s technical CPD boost from the UKGBC: ‘Improving visualisation of embodied carbon to inform better design decisions’ 11/12/2018
- IHBC’s ‘CPD Boost’, collective and out of Context: ‘How can we communicate our shared heritage?’- Ask your co-workers and kick-start your own CPD boost! 11/12/2018
- BRE and USGBC announce new partnership 11/12/2018
- Historic England Angel Award Winners 2018 Revealed 11/12/2018
- Civic Voice launches fundraising campaign to respond to Building Beautiful Commission 11/12/2018
- Scotland’s new archaeology strategy launched 11/12/2018
- Gardens Trusts symposium reveals new discoveries about landscape gardener Humphry Repton in bicentenary year 11/12/2018
- Online archive of Landmark’s ‘History Albums’ now accessible 11/12/2018
- IHBC’s latest Council+ corners the tables to see how best to deliver member services 07/12/2018
- C20 Society’s Christmas gift to IHBC members: Join up and get a free ticket to ‘Looking Beyond the Bauhaus’ lecture series 07/12/2018
- IHBC’s HESPR top pick from £253M+ costed work this week: Scottish Redundant Churches Trust seeks Conservation Plan author for Ninian Comper’s Cat A St Margaret’s, Braemar, closing 7/12; No price given 07/12/2018
- CPD in Context: ‘Risky buildings and sacred spaces’, and what we can learned from Belfast 07/12/2018
- IHBC’s ‘CPD Boost’: Wellcome’s Living with Buildings exhibition, on health and the built environment – to 3 March, London 07/12/2018
- England’s ‘Open Doors’ pilot: Call for landlords to help match empty space to community needs – closing 31 Dec 07/12/2018
- Updates on England’s programme on planning reform 07/12/2018
- Fine of £5500 for misusing the title ‘architect’ 07/12/2018
- Warburg Institute Funded Research Fellowships for 2019-20 07/12/2018
- Idlicote House landowner loses appeal over sale of urns 07/12/2018
- RTPI to investigate strategic infrastructure planning 07/12/2018
- Scottish Lochside House named House of the Year 2018 07/12/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Out of Context’ CPD check-up and prize: ‘Who said that?’ – And what would you say back? FREE BS7913 for the best responses… 04/12/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the (student’s) doorstep’: Making Meersbrook Project Film, Nov 2018 04/12/2018
Daily Archives: 23/05/2018
More IHBC members (and School delegates) with benefits: 2018 School Friend UAH offers 25% off select CPD-linked publications – NB: Collect at UAH only or P&P extra
Ulster Architectural Heritage (UAH), lead Friend for the IHBC’s 2018 School, is offering IHBC members and School delegates 25% off select publications, to support their CPD and learning experience at the School. Simply email Joanna at firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting your IHBC … Continue reading
Missing the IHBC’s 2018 School? Don’t forget – Money is not the barrier as bursaries are still available!
Bursary places (mainly for the Day School) are still available for the IHBC’s 2018 School in Belfast on 21-23 June, themed on ‘Our Shared Heritage’ and offering some of the best heritage learning and CPD around: up to 9 hours … Continue reading
Missing the IHBC’s 2018 School – or going along? Either way, get your CPD boosts using our Day School ‘Speakers’ webpage
The IHBC is continually improving Continuing Professional Development (CPD) support at our Annual Schools, and for 2018 members can already assess projected skills and themes using a pilot CPD matrix suite – to promote School attendance and benefits to employers … Continue reading
IHBC Annual School’s ‘Sharing’ theme shared with Ireland’s national heritage week of ‘stories’ – 18 to Sunday, 26 August, 2018
As part of the 2018 European Year of Cultural Heritage, over the last week of August, national and local organisations across Ireland will host heritage-related events that follow the ‘shared heritage’ topic of the IHBC’s 2018 Belfast School, also a … Continue reading
IHBC welcomes National Parks UK celebrat?ion of historic environments on ‘European Day of Parks’: 24 May
The IHBC has welcomed National Parks UK’s celebration of historic environments on ‘European Day of Parks’ with its new ‘Special landscapes shaped by people’ publication, due May 24. image St Benets Abbey © Christopher Hill
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Former mayor opposes demolition of Bath College’s Allen Building
Plans to knock down Bath College’s Allen Building in the city centre to make way for another hotel have been called ‘ridiculous’ and could wreck the former Bath mayor’s ‘proudest moment’, writes Somerset Live.
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Neighbours bring life back into Scotland’s redundant churches, say BEFS and others
MORE communities are rallying round to help save Scotland’s ecclesiastical heritage and make the most of a growing number of redundant churches say experts, as Herald Scotland reports on a heritage sector-led event designed to guide communities on how to … Continue reading
The Council of Europe (COE) has adopted a revised directive on ‘Energy efficient buildings’, aimed at improving ‘energy efficiency in buildings and encourages building renovation’.
The Government has published its response to the consultation on draft regulations on ‘Improving the use of planning conditions’.
An online mapping survey, ‘DeStress’, has been launched by university researchers working to mitigate the negative impact environmental noise has on city dwellers’ health and wellbeing by identifying and preserving places with positive soundscapes.