Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- Is your IHBC fee late, as it was due in April! Remember ‘Money is NOT the barrier’ to progress in your heritage career, job or trade – from low fees to no fees with the IHBC 18/08/2018
- IHBC supports Civic Voice’s 2018 conference: ‘How can we balance conservation and regeneration?’ – Birmingham Rep, 19/20 Oct 18/08/2018
- IHBC’s HESPR top pick from £160K+ costed work this week: NHMF seeks suppliers for ‘baseline survey’ of register of support services among grantees; closing 07/09, value £15,000 18/08/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Charity hopes to buy back historic Whitechapel Bell Foundry from developers 18/08/2018
- IHBC’s CPD ‘Boost AND Better’: On EMPs for building design and construction 18/08/2018
- Select Committee on ‘Regenerating Seaside Towns’: Inquiry seeks written evidence, closing 9/10 18/08/2018
- Government strategy for England’s Civil Society: ‘…building a future that works for everyone’ – a first in 15 years! 18/08/2018
- Alan Jones elected RIBA President 2019-21 18/08/2018
- HES Consultation: Conservation of historic plasterwork 18/08/2018
- SAVE on local legal challenge to St Michael’s in Manchester launched 18/08/2018
- Architecture Apprenticeships in England: update 18/08/2018
- ICE on ‘how can we make cities more gender inclusive?’ 18/08/2018
- IHBC’s latest ‘Jobs etc.’ skills review: Heritage specialisms from regulation and regeneration to project management, design and more 14/08/2018
- IHBC CPD ‘Boost AND checkup’: DBW on Prefabrication 14/08/2018
- IHBC’s ‘IMHO’ feature – from the Guardian: ‘Welcome to Brumbria: should the West Midlands become a national park? 14/08/2018
- Court of Appeal sets out principles in considering the setting of listed buildings and the effect of developments 14/08/2018
- BEFS calls for case studies for next Historic Environment Audit 14/08/2018
- ACEVO and IoF on ‘Racial diversity in the charity sector’ 14/08/2018
- Director jailed after employees burn to death 14/08/2018
- Plácido Domingo and EU Commissioner Navracsics announce Europe’s top heritage award winners 2018 in Berlin 14/08/2018
- LI’s new president launches #ChooseLandscape careers campaign: ‘… to address urgent skills shortages in the landscape profession’ 14/08/2018
- IHBC London Branch Conference 2018: ‘Creative Conservation: Partnerships and Public Value’ – RCP, 4 October 10/08/2018
- IHBC spotlights ‘EPCs Call for Evidence’ – RESPONSES NEEDED!’ 10/08/2018
- IHBC’s HESPR top pick from £250M+ costed work this week: East Herts seeks regeneration developer for Bishop’s Stortford site; closing 28/08, values up to £200M 10/08/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Cash boost helps preserve historic North York Moors monuments 10/08/2018
Daily Archives: 08/05/2018
Coursework into cash, courtesy IHBC – 2018 IHBC Student Award closes 31 July: £500+ of prizes due Nottingham, June 2019
The IHBC’s Annual Gus Astley Student Award for 2018 closes on 31 July, so if you have ANY heritage or existing built environment related coursework from ANY UK taught course – under-graduate or post-graduate, from 2017 OR 2108 – be … Continue reading
This 4th issue of IHBC Branches Update is offering another great variety of events, offering local CPD across the UK open to IHBC members and non-members! Places are filling fast for our 2018 Annual School in Belfast which offers some … Continue reading
IHBC CPD boost in Context: The ‘pattern of building’ in Manx vernacular was shaped by local materials, writes Patricia Tutt
Patricia Tutt’s recent Context article, ‘A pattern of building’, explores how the natural occurring building materials of the Isle of Man – an abundance of stone and the paucity of timber – shaped the development of a vernacular architecture and … Continue reading
IHBC’s ‘Heritage (and industry) from the doorstep’: London’s St Paul’s bells returning to Loughborough after 140 years… for a clean-up
Twelve bells that last rang out for traditional new year peal from St Paul’s Cathedral are now being moved for restoration to where they were originally cast in 1878, at the Grade II* Listed John Taylor & Co bellfoundry in … Continue reading
Historic England Angel Awards, started by Andrew Lloyd Webber, are open for applications and this year, as Wales joins England, Scotland and Northern Ireland to hold its own Angel awards this year, an overall winner will be chosen from the … Continue reading
Building Research Establishment (BRE) has launched the Online Ethical Labour Sourcing standard (BES 6002) developed to provide a framework for businesses to self-assess to better understand their corporate governance profile including human rights responsibilities.
Every new trustee in England will now receive a welcome pack on being a trustee from the Charity Commission.
The Scottish Civic Trust (SCT) has announced that its new Director is Dr Susan O’Connor, latterly Senior Projects Advisor for Scotland with the Princes Regeneration Trust. image Scottish Civic Trust website
International Summer Academy on Managing Historic Urban Landscapes – Open Call for early career participants: closing 15 May
Europa Nostra and partners invite early career professionals (‘up to 40 years old’) across Europe to apply to the Open Call for participation in the International Summer Academy ‘Managing Historic Urban Landscapes’, which will take place from 5-12 August 2018, … Continue reading
Arts & Business Scotland asks: Can you spare us 10 minutes to contribute to new research for the heritage sector?
Arts & Business Scotland (A&BS) is asking heritage stakeholders in Scotland to carry out a 10 minute to survey to contribute to new research for the heritage sector, with a deadline of 14 June 2018.
A consultation is now open on having your say on how government can work with and for civil society to tackle challenges and unlock opportunities, and closes on 22 May 2018.