Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- Is your IHBC fee late, as it was due in April! Remember ‘Money is NOT the barrier’ to progress in your heritage career, job or trade – from low fees to no fees with the IHBC 18/08/2018
- IHBC supports Civic Voice’s 2018 conference: ‘How can we balance conservation and regeneration?’ – Birmingham Rep, 19/20 Oct 18/08/2018
- IHBC’s HESPR top pick from £160K+ costed work this week: NHMF seeks suppliers for ‘baseline survey’ of register of support services among grantees; closing 07/09, value £15,000 18/08/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Charity hopes to buy back historic Whitechapel Bell Foundry from developers 18/08/2018
- IHBC’s CPD ‘Boost AND Better’: On EMPs for building design and construction 18/08/2018
- Select Committee on ‘Regenerating Seaside Towns’: Inquiry seeks written evidence, closing 9/10 18/08/2018
- Government strategy for England’s Civil Society: ‘…building a future that works for everyone’ – a first in 15 years! 18/08/2018
- Alan Jones elected RIBA President 2019-21 18/08/2018
- HES Consultation: Conservation of historic plasterwork 18/08/2018
- SAVE on local legal challenge to St Michael’s in Manchester launched 18/08/2018
- Architecture Apprenticeships in England: update 18/08/2018
- ICE on ‘how can we make cities more gender inclusive?’ 18/08/2018
- IHBC’s latest ‘Jobs etc.’ skills review: Heritage specialisms from regulation and regeneration to project management, design and more 14/08/2018
- IHBC CPD ‘Boost AND checkup’: DBW on Prefabrication 14/08/2018
- IHBC’s ‘IMHO’ feature – from the Guardian: ‘Welcome to Brumbria: should the West Midlands become a national park? 14/08/2018
- Court of Appeal sets out principles in considering the setting of listed buildings and the effect of developments 14/08/2018
- BEFS calls for case studies for next Historic Environment Audit 14/08/2018
- ACEVO and IoF on ‘Racial diversity in the charity sector’ 14/08/2018
- Director jailed after employees burn to death 14/08/2018
- Plácido Domingo and EU Commissioner Navracsics announce Europe’s top heritage award winners 2018 in Berlin 14/08/2018
- LI’s new president launches #ChooseLandscape careers campaign: ‘… to address urgent skills shortages in the landscape profession’ 14/08/2018
- IHBC London Branch Conference 2018: ‘Creative Conservation: Partnerships and Public Value’ – RCP, 4 October 10/08/2018
- IHBC spotlights ‘EPCs Call for Evidence’ – RESPONSES NEEDED!’ 10/08/2018
- IHBC’s HESPR top pick from £250M+ costed work this week: East Herts seeks regeneration developer for Bishop’s Stortford site; closing 28/08, values up to £200M 10/08/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Cash boost helps preserve historic North York Moors monuments 10/08/2018
Daily Archives: 01/05/2018
Pre-School planning for 2018? Boost your IHBC accreditation submission (& CPD) in Belfast (31/05) and beyond, with free application support MATE sessions
The next round of the IHBC’s popular and free MATE sessions – our Membership Application Training Events, supporting applications for IHBC accreditation – is under way with plans in place for Belfast (31/05: Online booking open), Glasgow (7/06), booking open), … Continue reading
The IHBC is delighted to announce that the Listed Property Owners’ Club has agreed to provide free subscriptions to their Listed Heritage magazine to IHBC members on request.
REMINDER: Promote your business, service or operations at the IHBC’s 2018 School – great value, from leaflet distribution and exhibition space to sponsorship!
Looking for work? Book your promotional opportunities at the IHBC’s 2018 School: Belfast 21-23 June – #Europeforculture
Edmund Southworth explores ’10,000 years of settlement’ in our new issue of Context, as writes about the rich archaeology of the Isle of Man. image of Meayll Circle (Flickr CC 2.0 Culture Vannin)
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Medieval Coventry monastery to be restored as visitor attraction for UK City of Culture 2021
One of Coventry’s ‘finest medieval buildings’ will be restored as a major visitor attraction in time for City of Culture 2021, the Coventry Observer explains.
Historic Environment Scotland (HES) has set out its plan for the year ahead with publication of its Annual Operating Plan for 2018/19.
The Architectural Photography Awards, supported by World Architecture Festival (WAF) and inclusive of both full time professional and keen amateur photographers, is now open.
History Mapped Out: Changes to HES’ PastMap website are making it even easier to search Scotland’s historic sites and landscapes
Historic Environment Scotland (HES) has announced that, after 6 weeks of being tried, tweaked and tried again, its new version of PastMap is live, with several new and enhanced features.
The Welsh Government’s consultation on the draft edition 10 of Planning Policy Wales will close in a little over four weeks, on 18 May.