Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC at the Natural Stone Show 2019? Naturally… and packed with free IHBC-recognised CPD – 30 April-2 May, ExCel! 18/01/2019
- IHBC welcomes Historic England Angel Award 2018 winner – Great Yarmouth PT – as part of Context’s international ‘European Perspectives’ issue 18/01/2019
- IHBC’s HESPR top pick from £2.4M+ costed work this week: Character Statements for N Herts Conservation Areas sought, closing 4/2, value £75 -100k 18/01/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Suffolk campaigners hope listed monument to St Edmund will deter developers 18/01/2019
- New ‘Wates Principles’ aim to improve corporate governance standards among private companies 18/01/2019
- Councils approve planning applications at ‘fastest rate’ in a decade – as Shelter says planning system failings on new homes a ‘Developers… myth’ 18/01/2019
- Cambridge CC to bring Cambridge Live cultural services back in-house 18/01/2019
- Grant Thornton: A third of councils at risk of financial failure in the next decade! 18/01/2019
- RAC Foundation analysis indicates ‘substandard’ council-maintained bridges on the rise 18/01/2019
- England’s communities to have greater say in protecting local trees: Closing Feb 28 18/01/2019
- Bid to introduce a £2 tourist tax in Edinburgh wins support 18/01/2019
- IHBC ‘Members with benefits’: Free IHBC CPD and entry at London’s LPOC Property Show, 9-10 Feb 15/01/2019
- IHBC celebrates 2016 Gus Astley Student Award ‘Trustee selection’ winner now in print: On lighthouses as ‘machines for living in’ 15/01/2019
- Association for Project Safety (APS) calls for IHBC members input to CDM survey, as 2019 School focusses on heritage and risk 15/01/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Walton pub to be demolished despite petition to save it 15/01/2019
- Councils slash library budgets by £30m, survey reveals 15/01/2019
- British Council publication on Soft Power 15/01/2019
- National Trust on new Agriculture Bill 15/01/2019
- Grenfell Tower: Ongoing reviews and updates of Building Regulations and Standards 15/01/2019
- IHBC’s 2019 Annual School welcomes keynote speaker: Zaki Aslan, Conservation architect and Director of ICCROM-Sharjah 11/01/2019
- Career interests in heritage? See IHBC’s latest ‘Jobs etc.’ review of skills needs from the amenity bodies such as Victorian Society, to government and the private sector 11/01/2019
- IHBC ‘Members with benefits’: 15% off ‘Building Conservation’ courses from CIOB Academy – 6/7 February (London); 19/20 February (Swansea)… and PM in London too! 11/01/2019
- IHBC’s HESPR top pick from £54K+ costed work this week: Deadline Extension as SDNPA seeks architect for conversion of a historic farmstead 11/01, value £35-50K 11/01/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Tyne and Wear BPT lead in ‘forgotten’ city centre buildings boosted by Coastal Revival Fund 11/01/2019
- Damerham church engraved lead stolen from roof 11/01/2019
Daily Archives: 01/05/2018
Pre-School planning for 2018? Boost your IHBC accreditation submission (& CPD) in Belfast (31/05) and beyond, with free application support MATE sessions
The next round of the IHBC’s popular and free MATE sessions – our Membership Application Training Events, supporting applications for IHBC accreditation – is under way with plans in place for Belfast (31/05: Online booking open), Glasgow (7/06), booking open), … Continue reading
The IHBC is delighted to announce that the Listed Property Owners’ Club has agreed to provide free subscriptions to their Listed Heritage magazine to IHBC members on request.
REMINDER: Promote your business, service or operations at the IHBC’s 2018 School – great value, from leaflet distribution and exhibition space to sponsorship!
Looking for work? Book your promotional opportunities at the IHBC’s 2018 School: Belfast 21-23 June – #Europeforculture
Edmund Southworth explores ’10,000 years of settlement’ in our new issue of Context, as writes about the rich archaeology of the Isle of Man. image of Meayll Circle (Flickr CC 2.0 Culture Vannin)
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Medieval Coventry monastery to be restored as visitor attraction for UK City of Culture 2021
One of Coventry’s ‘finest medieval buildings’ will be restored as a major visitor attraction in time for City of Culture 2021, the Coventry Observer explains.
Historic Environment Scotland (HES) has set out its plan for the year ahead with publication of its Annual Operating Plan for 2018/19.
The Architectural Photography Awards, supported by World Architecture Festival (WAF) and inclusive of both full time professional and keen amateur photographers, is now open.
History Mapped Out: Changes to HES’ PastMap website are making it even easier to search Scotland’s historic sites and landscapes
Historic Environment Scotland (HES) has announced that, after 6 weeks of being tried, tweaked and tried again, its new version of PastMap is live, with several new and enhanced features.
The Welsh Government’s consultation on the draft edition 10 of Planning Policy Wales will close in a little over four weeks, on 18 May.