Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- Missing the IHBC 2018 School? Prelude 1: Day School programme details now posted – 22 June, QUB, Belfast, including 2018 AGM 19/05/2018
- Missing the IHBC 2018 School? Prelude 2, as Bill Drummond outlines his take on ‘THE CURFEW TOWER: STAY HERE – MAKE ART… AND SHARE HERITAGE’ 19/05/2018
- Missing the IHBC’s 2018 School? … ‘Not’ a 2018 IHBC School prelude, but keynote Jukka Jokilehto outlines the origins of the 1993 ICOMOS Guidelines 19/05/2018
- IHBC responds to NPPF consultation: Calls time on insubstantial distinctions in levels of ‘substantial harm’, seeks new settings policies, and more…. 19/05/2018
- IHBC HESPR’s top pick this week: Nottingham CC seeks Conservation accredited architect to support Peoples Hall development, closing 23/05 19/05/2018
- IHBC CPD boost in Context: An ‘Island of architecture’ and its independent heritage trusts 19/05/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Centuries-old worker’s graffiti uncovered in renovations at Wentworth Woodhouse 19/05/2018
- Interim Raynsford Review report now out: Final consultation on 9 ‘propositions’ continues to 29 June 19/05/2018
- Cupar CARS/THI contractor bursaries for traditional building skills training: To £500 19/05/2018
- AHRC highlights Global Challenge Research Fund (GCRF) opportunities: Education in Conflict and Protracted Crises – closing 24 May 19/05/2018
- IHBC’s Council+ first ‘Taster’ feedback: Early career members bring fresh perspectives to forward planning as ‘reverse mentoring’ guides your professional body! 15/05/2018
- Updates from IHBC and Civic Voice from Civic Societies APPG on England’s Conservation Areas at Risk & new research 15/05/2018
- IHBC’s Heritage from the doorstep: 4×4 threat to England’s largest scheduled monument – Cockfield Fell 15/05/2018
- BEFS’ update on campaign to improve property maintenance and repair in Scotland 15/05/2018
- BREEAM Wiki joins IHBC on DBW: Advancing knowledge sharing and collaborative solutions… for BRE sustainability tools 15/05/2018
- COTAC publishes 2017 ‘BIM for Heritage’ conference abstracts etc: ‘Stepping into the Future with the Past’ 15/05/2018
- New GCHT publication ‘Glasgow’s Historic Built Environment: A Snapshot’ 15/05/2018
- UK Research and Innovation Future Leaders Fellowships scheme 15/05/2018
- WMF Knoll Modernism prize: Nominations open to raise awareness of modern preservation successes – closing 15 June 15/05/2018
- Stoke-on-Trent house ’30in too tall’ risks demolition 15/05/2018
- IHBC’s new member ELetter out: Membership highs (2,600+) and other timely updates 11/05/2018
- #saveourheritage: IHBC welcomes Prospect report on future of heritage – ‘Heritage: cold climate to ice age’ 11/05/2018
- IHBC’s South Branch goes ‘Naval Gazing’ for CPD in Portsmouth, 18 May 11/05/2018
- IHBC HESPR’s top pick from c.£980K+ costed work this week: Cumbria CC seeks a Conservation Management Plan for scheduled site at Warton Crag, closing 14/05 11/05/2018
- IHBC CPD boost in Context’s Isle of Man issue: ‘The TT Races and the landscape’ 11/05/2018
Daily Archives: 01/05/2018
Pre-School planning for 2018? Boost your IHBC accreditation submission (& CPD) in Belfast (31/05) and beyond, with free application support MATE sessions
The next round of the IHBC’s popular and free MATE sessions – our Membership Application Training Events, supporting applications for IHBC accreditation – is under way with plans in place for Belfast (31/05: Online booking open), Glasgow (7/06), booking open), … Continue reading
The IHBC is delighted to announce that the Listed Property Owners’ Club has agreed to provide free subscriptions to their Listed Heritage magazine to IHBC members on request.
REMINDER: Promote your business, service or operations at the IHBC’s 2018 School – great value, from leaflet distribution and exhibition space to sponsorship!
Looking for work? Book your promotional opportunities at the IHBC’s 2018 School: Belfast 21-23 June – #Europeforculture
Edmund Southworth explores ’10,000 years of settlement’ in our new issue of Context, as writes about the rich archaeology of the Isle of Man. image of Meayll Circle (Flickr CC 2.0 Culture Vannin)
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Medieval Coventry monastery to be restored as visitor attraction for UK City of Culture 2021
One of Coventry’s ‘finest medieval buildings’ will be restored as a major visitor attraction in time for City of Culture 2021, the Coventry Observer explains.
Historic Environment Scotland (HES) has set out its plan for the year ahead with publication of its Annual Operating Plan for 2018/19.
The Architectural Photography Awards, supported by World Architecture Festival (WAF) and inclusive of both full time professional and keen amateur photographers, is now open.
History Mapped Out: Changes to HES’ PastMap website are making it even easier to search Scotland’s historic sites and landscapes
Historic Environment Scotland (HES) has announced that, after 6 weeks of being tried, tweaked and tried again, its new version of PastMap is live, with several new and enhanced features.
The Welsh Government’s consultation on the draft edition 10 of Planning Policy Wales will close in a little over four weeks, on 18 May.