Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- New IHBC Context out: ‘Isle of Man’ themed in a 64 page ‘bumper’ issue with lots more for your CPD 20/04/2018
- IHBC’s NEW 2018 School CPD special offer, with Yale University Press: Pevsner Architectural Guides to Ulster – £15 off the pair, free post.. and more! 20/04/2018
- IHBC’s 2018 School bursaries still available: ‘Money’s not the barrier’ to the 2018 Belfast School on ‘Our Shared Heritage’ 20/04/2018
- IHBC HESPR’s top pick from up to c.£30K+ of costed work this week: Burnley BC seeks specialist for TH programme, closing 27/04, £20-30,000 contract 20/04/2018
- IHBC’s CPD boost: Historic England’s ‘Heritage Planning Case Database’ 20/04/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: ‘Kooky’ development backed by heritage groups but fears over tower height 20/04/2018
- ‘The Old House Show’: The SPAB’s ‘first ever grand exhibition’: Greenwich – 7-8 September, includes free CPD 20/04/2018
- Design Council and Social Change UK launch ‘Healthy Placemaking’ report: How do we create places that deliver healthier lives? 20/04/2018
- New plan unveiled for Edinburgh’s UNESCO World Heritage Site 20/04/2018
- Wales publishes report on recent inquiry into the historic environment 20/04/2018
- HE tweets and responds on picture of Nelson’s Column being bulldozed 20/04/2018
- IHBC Marsh Awards winners for 2018: Rewards & more at the IHBC’s 2018 School – Belfast 21-23 June 17/04/2018
- IHBC’s Chair on Coventry’s conservation controversy featured by Designing Buildings Wiki 17/04/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Hundreds of locals attend events on the future of Rosefield Mills, Dumfries 17/04/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: ‘Utterly absurd’ plans to replace wooden cabinets at Oxford University Museum of Natural History 17/04/2018
- Wales Committee’s report on inquiry into the Historic Environment published 17/04/2018
- Save calls for new entries – Buildings at Risk 2018-19 17/04/2018
- Could you be Chair of The Heritage Alliance? Closing 18 May 17/04/2018
- European Scrutiny committee seeks clarity on VAT after Brexit 17/04/2018
- EYCH 2018 update- May chimney month 17/04/2018
- ‘IHBC Jobs etc.’ skills review: From conservation & design, DAC support and project management, to designation in Scotland! 13/04/2018
- IHBC meets Wikipedia (again): New entry posted by IHBC Chair 13/04/2018
- Reminder: ‘Early Bird’ rates end next Friday – 20th April 13/04/2018
- Boost your IHBC accreditation submission (& CPD) with our free application support MATE sessions: Nottingham (25/04), Belfast (31/05), Glasgow (7/06) 13/04/2018
- IHBC HESPR’s top pick from up to c.£140K+ of costed work this week: Project management Wordsworth Trust, closing 30/04, £40,000 contract 13/04/2018
Daily Archives: 13/04/2018
‘IHBC Jobs etc.’ skills review: From conservation & design, DAC support and project management, to designation in Scotland!
To help understand skills and career profiles in the sector, the IHBC now offers regular reviews of career openings and staff appointments as featured on our IHBC Jobs etc. service, with some posts still open!
A Wikipedia entry for the IHBC, drafted by IHBC Chair James Caird, has now been published.
Reminder: ‘Early Bird’ rates for 2018 School end 20 April
Boost your IHBC accreditation submission (& CPD) with our free application support MATE sessions: Nottingham (25/04), Belfast (31/05), Glasgow (7/06)
The next round of the IHBC’s popular and free MATE sessions – our Membership Application Training Events, supporting applications for IHBC accreditation – is under way with plans in place for Nottingham (25/04), Belfast (31/05: Online booking open), Glasgow (7/06), … Continue reading
IHBC HESPR’s top pick from up to c.£140K+ of costed work this week: Project management Wordsworth Trust, closing 30/04, £40,000 contract
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – the Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition scheme – offers members weekly ‘News and Tender Alert’ emails, with costed opportunities worth some £60K+ this week, with the IHBC Director’s top pick for NewsBlog readers … Continue reading
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Historic Leeds gem’s future, as seen by The Yorkshire Evening Post
The Yorkshire Evening Post describes how an ageing heritage asset, the White Cloth Hall – one of Leeds’ oldest buildings, which dates back to 1771 – deemed at risk after falling into disrepair, could see its future secured as bids … Continue reading
Heritage science is the application of science and technology to cultural heritage to improve understanding, management and engagement, and a consultation is open until 20 April 2018 on a new National Heritage Science Strategy: 2018-2023.
The Heritage Alliance (THA) has published the first ever report on the independent heritage sector’s impact overseas, led by past THA CEO, Kate Pugh.
A new £27 million scheme is open for applicants to help improve England’s waterways, funded by the European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development. Contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0.
Royal Town Planning Institute CEO Trudi Elliott has been appointed as the new independent Chair of the Planning Inspectorate board. image: Michael Ellis, MP – contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0.
Two year pilot £1.8m scheme launched to ‘help build a sustainable future for listed places of worship’
A new two-year £1.8m scheme has ben launched to help build a sustainable future for listed places of worship in England, to be piloted with expert advisors working across the urban and rural areas of Manchester and Suffolk. image: Michael … Continue reading