Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- REMINDER – IHBC Student Awards update: Only 2 weeks left to win £500 and a free place in IHBC’s 2019 Nottingham School! IHBC Gus Astley Student Award closes 31 July… so ‘please just send us your coursework, online and on time’! 21/07/2018
- IHBC welcomes Iceni Projects to the HESPR register as scheme heads towards 40 members, of all sizes 21/07/2018
- IHBC HESPR’s top pick this week from £11.4M+ costed work: Albanian-American Development Foundation (AADF) sought ‘international experts’ for Butrint WHS/National Park; Opportunity closed, ceiling $150,000 21/07/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Millions of trees to be planted along route of HS2 high speed railway 21/07/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage across the doorstep’: On Purcell-led ‘Open Treasure’ project at Durham Cathedral winning 3 RIBA awards 21/07/2018
- IHBC ‘CPD boost’ from a Scottish Blog: Rediscovering the story of Bannockburn House, Stirling 21/07/2018
- Guardian: Mackintosh Glasgow School of Art building will be rebuilt 21/07/2018
- Stronger powers for councils to tackle empty homes in England 21/07/2018
- Welsh Government consultation on subordinate legislation: Ends 28/09 21/07/2018
- Sellafield’s biggest chimney chopped down to size 21/07/2018
- Boater accidentally drains Kennet and Avon Canal 21/07/2018
- IHBC 2018 Belfast School reflections: Spotlight on IHBC’s joint Conservation Professional Practice Principles update – Comments sought by September 17/07/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage IMHO’, from the Spectator: ‘The problem with British mosques’ 17/07/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Regeneration of Bristol’s iconic ‘Generator Building’ given go-ahead by Council 17/07/2018
- Ten-year transformation of Scottish village wins top UK planning award 17/07/2018
- Planning Inspectorate publishes 2017/18 Annual Report 17/07/2018
- Expressions of interest from potential candidates sought for the role of BEFS Chair 17/07/2018
- Defra consults on ‘Environmental Principles and Governance Bill’: Closing 2 August 17/07/2018
- ICOMOS Annual Report for 2017 now published 17/07/2018
- Heatwave vital in discovery of a possible henge, or circular enclosure, at the Brú na Bóinne site 17/07/2018
- IHBC’s sixth NewsBlog Branches Update: Explore Branch CPD events across the UK 13/07/2018
- IHBC’s latest ‘Jobs etc’ skills review: From private to public sector posts (and both) 13/07/2018
- IHBC welcomes RSK to HESPR, as IHBC’s unique interdisciplinary quality assurance service now nears 40 13/07/2018
- IHBC HESPR’s top NewsBlog pick from £450K of costed work this week: Herefordshire Council seeks consultant for city design guide, closing 30/07, value £80k 13/07/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: ‘Norwich deserves better’ – HE warns it will fight Anglia Square development 13/07/2018
Daily Archives: 13/04/2018
‘IHBC Jobs etc.’ skills review: From conservation & design, DAC support and project management, to designation in Scotland!
To help understand skills and career profiles in the sector, the IHBC now offers regular reviews of career openings and staff appointments as featured on our IHBC Jobs etc. service, with some posts still open!
A Wikipedia entry for the IHBC, drafted by IHBC Chair James Caird, has now been published.
Reminder: ‘Early Bird’ rates for 2018 School end 20 April
Boost your IHBC accreditation submission (& CPD) with our free application support MATE sessions: Nottingham (25/04), Belfast (31/05), Glasgow (7/06)
The next round of the IHBC’s popular and free MATE sessions – our Membership Application Training Events, supporting applications for IHBC accreditation – is under way with plans in place for Nottingham (25/04), Belfast (31/05: Online booking open), Glasgow (7/06), … Continue reading
IHBC HESPR’s top pick from up to c.£140K+ of costed work this week: Project management Wordsworth Trust, closing 30/04, £40,000 contract
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – the Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition scheme – offers members weekly ‘News and Tender Alert’ emails, with costed opportunities worth some £60K+ this week, with the IHBC Director’s top pick for NewsBlog readers … Continue reading
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Historic Leeds gem’s future, as seen by The Yorkshire Evening Post
The Yorkshire Evening Post describes how an ageing heritage asset, the White Cloth Hall – one of Leeds’ oldest buildings, which dates back to 1771 – deemed at risk after falling into disrepair, could see its future secured as bids … Continue reading
Heritage science is the application of science and technology to cultural heritage to improve understanding, management and engagement, and a consultation is open until 20 April 2018 on a new National Heritage Science Strategy: 2018-2023.
The Heritage Alliance (THA) has published the first ever report on the independent heritage sector’s impact overseas, led by past THA CEO, Kate Pugh.
A new £27 million scheme is open for applicants to help improve England’s waterways, funded by the European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development. Contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0.
Royal Town Planning Institute CEO Trudi Elliott has been appointed as the new independent Chair of the Planning Inspectorate board. image: Michael Ellis, MP – contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0.
Two year pilot £1.8m scheme launched to ‘help build a sustainable future for listed places of worship’
A new two-year £1.8m scheme has ben launched to help build a sustainable future for listed places of worship in England, to be piloted with expert advisors working across the urban and rural areas of Manchester and Suffolk. image: Michael … Continue reading