Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- Bid to introduce a £2 tourist tax in Edinburgh wins support 18/01/2019
- IHBC ‘Members with benefits’: Free IHBC CPD and entry at London’s LPOC Property Show, 9-10 Feb 15/01/2019
- IHBC celebrates 2016 Gus Astley Student Award ‘Trustee selection’ winner now in print: On lighthouses as ‘machines for living in’ 15/01/2019
- Association for Project Safety (APS) calls for IHBC members input to CDM survey, as 2019 School focusses on heritage and risk 15/01/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Walton pub to be demolished despite petition to save it 15/01/2019
- Councils slash library budgets by £30m, survey reveals 15/01/2019
- British Council publication on Soft Power 15/01/2019
- National Trust on new Agriculture Bill 15/01/2019
- Grenfell Tower: Ongoing reviews and updates of Building Regulations and Standards 15/01/2019
- IHBC’s 2019 Annual School welcomes keynote speaker: Zaki Aslan, Conservation architect and Director of ICCROM-Sharjah 11/01/2019
- Career interests in heritage? See IHBC’s latest ‘Jobs etc.’ review of skills needs from the amenity bodies such as Victorian Society, to government and the private sector 11/01/2019
- IHBC ‘Members with benefits’: 15% off ‘Building Conservation’ courses from CIOB Academy – 6/7 February (London); 19/20 February (Swansea)… and PM in London too! 11/01/2019
- IHBC’s HESPR top pick from £54K+ costed work this week: Deadline Extension as SDNPA seeks architect for conversion of a historic farmstead 11/01, value £35-50K 11/01/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Tyne and Wear BPT lead in ‘forgotten’ city centre buildings boosted by Coastal Revival Fund 11/01/2019
- Damerham church engraved lead stolen from roof 11/01/2019
- HES Seeks views on ‘Managing Change’ documents on Listed Buildings: Closing 15 Feb! 11/01/2019
- Cadw’s new website in 2019, seeks early input 11/01/2019
- Don’t dump the rule book under pressure, Ombudsman warns councils, or lose corporate memory through restructuring 11/01/2019
- Dumfries mill could become ‘bricks and mortar festival tent’: BBC on DHBT 11/01/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Welcome to the New Year’ 2: Nominate for the IHBC Marsh Awards 2019 – Celebrate OUTSTANDING retired IHBC members, and SUCCESSFUL new Heritage Learners – Closing 28 Feb! 09/01/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Renovation of Oxford’s historic Jam Factory building nears completion 09/01/2019
- Dounreay nuclear reactor, Scotland’s oldest, to go, as demolition contract awarded 09/01/2019
- Bid to reopen Flintshire’s Shotton steelworks’ John Summers building 09/01/2019
- Civic Voice plans for 2019: More Conservation Area advocacy via 50th anniversaries in its ‘Big Conservation Conversation’! 09/01/2019
- CIOB Parliamentary Reception launches call for improving quality in the built environment 09/01/2019
Daily Archives: 13/04/2018
‘IHBC Jobs etc.’ skills review: From conservation & design, DAC support and project management, to designation in Scotland!
To help understand skills and career profiles in the sector, the IHBC now offers regular reviews of career openings and staff appointments as featured on our IHBC Jobs etc. service, with some posts still open!
A Wikipedia entry for the IHBC, drafted by IHBC Chair James Caird, has now been published.
Reminder: ‘Early Bird’ rates for 2018 School end 20 April
Boost your IHBC accreditation submission (& CPD) with our free application support MATE sessions: Nottingham (25/04), Belfast (31/05), Glasgow (7/06)
The next round of the IHBC’s popular and free MATE sessions – our Membership Application Training Events, supporting applications for IHBC accreditation – is under way with plans in place for Nottingham (25/04), Belfast (31/05: Online booking open), Glasgow (7/06), … Continue reading
IHBC HESPR’s top pick from up to c.£140K+ of costed work this week: Project management Wordsworth Trust, closing 30/04, £40,000 contract
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – the Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition scheme – offers members weekly ‘News and Tender Alert’ emails, with costed opportunities worth some £60K+ this week, with the IHBC Director’s top pick for NewsBlog readers … Continue reading
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Historic Leeds gem’s future, as seen by The Yorkshire Evening Post
The Yorkshire Evening Post describes how an ageing heritage asset, the White Cloth Hall – one of Leeds’ oldest buildings, which dates back to 1771 – deemed at risk after falling into disrepair, could see its future secured as bids … Continue reading
Heritage science is the application of science and technology to cultural heritage to improve understanding, management and engagement, and a consultation is open until 20 April 2018 on a new National Heritage Science Strategy: 2018-2023.
The Heritage Alliance (THA) has published the first ever report on the independent heritage sector’s impact overseas, led by past THA CEO, Kate Pugh.
A new £27 million scheme is open for applicants to help improve England’s waterways, funded by the European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development. Contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0.
Royal Town Planning Institute CEO Trudi Elliott has been appointed as the new independent Chair of the Planning Inspectorate board. image: Michael Ellis, MP – contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0.
Two year pilot £1.8m scheme launched to ‘help build a sustainable future for listed places of worship’
A new two-year £1.8m scheme has ben launched to help build a sustainable future for listed places of worship in England, to be piloted with expert advisors working across the urban and rural areas of Manchester and Suffolk. image: Michael … Continue reading