Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- REMINDER – IHBC Student Awards update: Only 2 weeks left to win £500 and a free place in IHBC’s 2019 Nottingham School! IHBC Gus Astley Student Award closes 31 July… so ‘please just send us your coursework, online and on time’! 21/07/2018
- IHBC welcomes Iceni Projects to the HESPR register as scheme heads towards 40 members, of all sizes 21/07/2018
- IHBC HESPR’s top pick this week from £11.4M+ costed work: Albanian-American Development Foundation (AADF) sought ‘international experts’ for Butrint WHS/National Park; Opportunity closed, ceiling $150,000 21/07/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Millions of trees to be planted along route of HS2 high speed railway 21/07/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage across the doorstep’: On Purcell-led ‘Open Treasure’ project at Durham Cathedral winning 3 RIBA awards 21/07/2018
- IHBC ‘CPD boost’ from a Scottish Blog: Rediscovering the story of Bannockburn House, Stirling 21/07/2018
- Guardian: Mackintosh Glasgow School of Art building will be rebuilt 21/07/2018
- Stronger powers for councils to tackle empty homes in England 21/07/2018
- Welsh Government consultation on subordinate legislation: Ends 28/09 21/07/2018
- Sellafield’s biggest chimney chopped down to size 21/07/2018
- Boater accidentally drains Kennet and Avon Canal 21/07/2018
- IHBC 2018 Belfast School reflections: Spotlight on IHBC’s joint Conservation Professional Practice Principles update – Comments sought by September 17/07/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage IMHO’, from the Spectator: ‘The problem with British mosques’ 17/07/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Regeneration of Bristol’s iconic ‘Generator Building’ given go-ahead by Council 17/07/2018
- Ten-year transformation of Scottish village wins top UK planning award 17/07/2018
- Planning Inspectorate publishes 2017/18 Annual Report 17/07/2018
- Expressions of interest from potential candidates sought for the role of BEFS Chair 17/07/2018
- Defra consults on ‘Environmental Principles and Governance Bill’: Closing 2 August 17/07/2018
- ICOMOS Annual Report for 2017 now published 17/07/2018
- Heatwave vital in discovery of a possible henge, or circular enclosure, at the Brú na Bóinne site 17/07/2018
- IHBC’s sixth NewsBlog Branches Update: Explore Branch CPD events across the UK 13/07/2018
- IHBC’s latest ‘Jobs etc’ skills review: From private to public sector posts (and both) 13/07/2018
- IHBC welcomes RSK to HESPR, as IHBC’s unique interdisciplinary quality assurance service now nears 40 13/07/2018
- IHBC HESPR’s top NewsBlog pick from £450K of costed work this week: Herefordshire Council seeks consultant for city design guide, closing 30/07, value £80k 13/07/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: ‘Norwich deserves better’ – HE warns it will fight Anglia Square development 13/07/2018
Daily Archives: 10/04/2018
This third issue of IHBC Branches Update is offering another rich variety of events, offering local CPD across the UK for both members and colleagues, organised by our proactive branches! Check out the next forthcoming Membership application support session (MATE) … Continue reading
New 2018 School CPD boost: Check the benefits of Belfast 2018 with our pilot CPD School Skills matrix, and let your employer know the benefits too!
The developing practice of drawing Stonehenge ‘from life’ can be seen in a watercolour by Flemish painter Lucas de Heere, dating from circa 1573, with ‘a more topographical approach’ to depicting heritage comes to the fore in the evolution of … Continue reading
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Balmaha affordable homes development approved at Loch Lomond and the Trossachs National Park
Twenty new affordable homes are to be constructed in Balmaha on the banks of Loch Lomond after planning permission was granted following a public hearing by the Planning and Access Committee of Loch Lomond & The Trossachs National Park Authority.
The Council of Europe (CoE) has adopted a recommendation on a framework for quality and effective apprenticeships which will help young people to enter the world of work.
BEFS’ oral evidence to the Local Government and Communities Committee on the Planning(Scotland) Bill is now available online.
Civic Voice has published the results of a member survey asking ‘What should be in the new NPPF’, with members wanting to see green space, green belt and conservation areas given greater protection following the NPPF review.
The Heritage Alliance (THA) seeks responses on a ‘Resilience Questionnaire’, a short survey to help build the evidence base for a resilience bid for membership, benefits and systems review.
The final bill to save Grade I listed mansion Wentworth Woodhouse is expected to reach £200m, according to the BBC.
The large fire that devastated Rochdale’s derelict Proofings Mill around 24 March, which has partially collapsed due to the blaze, is being treated as arson.
Arts Minister Michael Ellis has stepped in to prevent Dalí’s surrealist Lobster Telephone from export. Contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0.