Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC’s South Branch CPD nudge for Oxford, 26 Oct: Secretary of State at RIBA Stirling Prize ceremony echoes Gehry’s ‘Yearning for timelessness’ 16/10/2018
- IHBC welcomes Yale’s Hampshire South Pevsner – and looks forward to CPD partnership for 2019 Nottingham School: 4-6 July 2019 16/10/2018
- IHBC North Branch celebrates success in Engineering CPD event – IHBC’s ‘Professional’ and ‘Intervention’ Areas of Competence 16/10/2018
- See IHBC stand and chair at the Civic Voice conference, Birmingham, 19-20 Oct, while asking: ‘How can we balance conservation and regeneration?’ 16/10/2018
- IHBC’s ‘heritage from the doorstep’: Nando’s plans to replace historic East London library with restaurant blasted as an ‘abomination’ 16/10/2018
- Reminder: COTAC Trustees sought – Notes of interest by 15 November 2018 16/10/2018
- RTPI: Let councils raise fees to cover planning admin costs 16/10/2018
- Scotland’s Young Placechangers Ideas Fund opens for applications 16/10/2018
- Big Lottery Fund: UK’s largest community funder to change name 16/10/2018
- Scotland’s communities feel ‘locked out’ out by landscape policy, according to major new research 16/10/2018
- Planning consultancy win appeal against conviction for wilfully obstructing a council officer in the course of their work. 16/10/2018
- SPAB Scholarship and Fellowship applications for 2019 open: Apply prior to 1 December 16/10/2018
- Tombstone footpath a ‘grave error’ at St Mary’s Clophill Church 16/10/2018
- Last chance to book IHBC NW Branch CPD: ‘The Work of Faith’ conference & Taylor Review Pilot update – and why you need to be in Liverpool on 18 October! 12/10/2018
- IHBC South Branch on ‘Yearning for Timelessness…’: New architecture in historic settings, in talks and visits in Oxford, 26 Oct 12/10/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Practice’ update: Lincolnshire local authority’s ‘national first’ offers a new approach to Conservation Area controls – 2 Article 4s and an LDO combined 12/10/2018
- Topical CPD focusing on curtilage: An afternoon with Dr. Charles Mynors in Lincoln – Friday 9 Nov 12/10/2018
- IHBC’s ‘VAT reminder’, as critical 10k of signatures near: Sign the LPOC’s petition to the Chancellor if you agree with the IHBC, that ‘…it is perverse that repairs should be subject to VAT when new development is not’ 12/10/2018
- IHBC’s ‘heritage from the doorstep’: Wolverhampton’s iconic Royal Hospital to lose nurses home as costs mean heritage-friendly conversion options not ‘viable’… says Homes England 12/10/2018
- IHBC’s HESPR top pick from £205K+ costed work this week: Braintree DC seeks Conservation Area Appraisals – closing 26/10, valued £10-25,000 12/10/2018
- BEFS seeks new Chair: Deadline 22 Oct 12/10/2018
- What is England’s favourite conservation area? Civic Voice seeks shortlist votes on ‘are examples of great placemaking’ – closing 16 Oct! 12/10/2018
- SAVE wins landmark judgement against the Secretary of State on giving reasons for call-in decisions 12/10/2018
- Scotland’s ‘FutureTown Design Competition’ open for applications; closing 31 Oct 12/10/2018
- Thieves steal Houghton Conquest Grade 1 listed church’s lead roof 12/10/2018
Daily Archives: 10/04/2018
This third issue of IHBC Branches Update is offering another rich variety of events, offering local CPD across the UK for both members and colleagues, organised by our proactive branches! Check out the next forthcoming Membership application support session (MATE) … Continue reading
New 2018 School CPD boost: Check the benefits of Belfast 2018 with our pilot CPD School Skills matrix, and let your employer know the benefits too!
The developing practice of drawing Stonehenge ‘from life’ can be seen in a watercolour by Flemish painter Lucas de Heere, dating from circa 1573, with ‘a more topographical approach’ to depicting heritage comes to the fore in the evolution of … Continue reading
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Balmaha affordable homes development approved at Loch Lomond and the Trossachs National Park
Twenty new affordable homes are to be constructed in Balmaha on the banks of Loch Lomond after planning permission was granted following a public hearing by the Planning and Access Committee of Loch Lomond & The Trossachs National Park Authority.
The Council of Europe (CoE) has adopted a recommendation on a framework for quality and effective apprenticeships which will help young people to enter the world of work.
BEFS’ oral evidence to the Local Government and Communities Committee on the Planning(Scotland) Bill is now available online.
Civic Voice has published the results of a member survey asking ‘What should be in the new NPPF’, with members wanting to see green space, green belt and conservation areas given greater protection following the NPPF review.
The Heritage Alliance (THA) seeks responses on a ‘Resilience Questionnaire’, a short survey to help build the evidence base for a resilience bid for membership, benefits and systems review.
The final bill to save Grade I listed mansion Wentworth Woodhouse is expected to reach £200m, according to the BBC.
The large fire that devastated Rochdale’s derelict Proofings Mill around 24 March, which has partially collapsed due to the blaze, is being treated as arson.
Arts Minister Michael Ellis has stepped in to prevent Dalí’s surrealist Lobster Telephone from export. Contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0.