Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- New IHBC Context out: ‘Isle of Man’ themed in a 64 page ‘bumper’ issue with lots more for your CPD 20/04/2018
- IHBC’s NEW 2018 School CPD special offer, with Yale University Press: Pevsner Architectural Guides to Ulster – £15 off the pair, free post.. and more! 20/04/2018
- IHBC’s 2018 School bursaries still available: ‘Money’s not the barrier’ to the 2018 Belfast School on ‘Our Shared Heritage’ 20/04/2018
- IHBC HESPR’s top pick from up to c.£30K+ of costed work this week: Burnley BC seeks specialist for TH programme, closing 27/04, £20-30,000 contract 20/04/2018
- IHBC’s CPD boost: Historic England’s ‘Heritage Planning Case Database’ 20/04/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: ‘Kooky’ development backed by heritage groups but fears over tower height 20/04/2018
- ‘The Old House Show’: The SPAB’s ‘first ever grand exhibition’: Greenwich – 7-8 September, includes free CPD 20/04/2018
- Design Council and Social Change UK launch ‘Healthy Placemaking’ report: How do we create places that deliver healthier lives? 20/04/2018
- New plan unveiled for Edinburgh’s UNESCO World Heritage Site 20/04/2018
- Wales publishes report on recent inquiry into the historic environment 20/04/2018
- HE tweets and responds on picture of Nelson’s Column being bulldozed 20/04/2018
- IHBC Marsh Awards winners for 2018: Rewards & more at the IHBC’s 2018 School – Belfast 21-23 June 17/04/2018
- IHBC’s Chair on Coventry’s conservation controversy featured by Designing Buildings Wiki 17/04/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Hundreds of locals attend events on the future of Rosefield Mills, Dumfries 17/04/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: ‘Utterly absurd’ plans to replace wooden cabinets at Oxford University Museum of Natural History 17/04/2018
- Wales Committee’s report on inquiry into the Historic Environment published 17/04/2018
- Save calls for new entries – Buildings at Risk 2018-19 17/04/2018
- Could you be Chair of The Heritage Alliance? Closing 18 May 17/04/2018
- European Scrutiny committee seeks clarity on VAT after Brexit 17/04/2018
- EYCH 2018 update- May chimney month 17/04/2018
- ‘IHBC Jobs etc.’ skills review: From conservation & design, DAC support and project management, to designation in Scotland! 13/04/2018
- IHBC meets Wikipedia (again): New entry posted by IHBC Chair 13/04/2018
- Reminder: ‘Early Bird’ rates end next Friday – 20th April 13/04/2018
- Boost your IHBC accreditation submission (& CPD) with our free application support MATE sessions: Nottingham (25/04), Belfast (31/05), Glasgow (7/06) 13/04/2018
- IHBC HESPR’s top pick from up to c.£140K+ of costed work this week: Project management Wordsworth Trust, closing 30/04, £40,000 contract 13/04/2018
Daily Archives: 10/04/2018
This third issue of IHBC Branches Update is offering another rich variety of events, offering local CPD across the UK for both members and colleagues, organised by our proactive branches! Check out the next forthcoming Membership application support session (MATE) … Continue reading
New 2018 School CPD boost: Check the benefits of Belfast 2018 with our pilot CPD School Skills matrix, and let your employer know the benefits too!
The developing practice of drawing Stonehenge ‘from life’ can be seen in a watercolour by Flemish painter Lucas de Heere, dating from circa 1573, with ‘a more topographical approach’ to depicting heritage comes to the fore in the evolution of … Continue reading
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Balmaha affordable homes development approved at Loch Lomond and the Trossachs National Park
Twenty new affordable homes are to be constructed in Balmaha on the banks of Loch Lomond after planning permission was granted following a public hearing by the Planning and Access Committee of Loch Lomond & The Trossachs National Park Authority.
The Council of Europe (CoE) has adopted a recommendation on a framework for quality and effective apprenticeships which will help young people to enter the world of work.
BEFS’ oral evidence to the Local Government and Communities Committee on the Planning(Scotland) Bill is now available online.
Civic Voice has published the results of a member survey asking ‘What should be in the new NPPF’, with members wanting to see green space, green belt and conservation areas given greater protection following the NPPF review.
The Heritage Alliance (THA) seeks responses on a ‘Resilience Questionnaire’, a short survey to help build the evidence base for a resilience bid for membership, benefits and systems review.
The final bill to save Grade I listed mansion Wentworth Woodhouse is expected to reach £200m, according to the BBC.
The large fire that devastated Rochdale’s derelict Proofings Mill around 24 March, which has partially collapsed due to the blaze, is being treated as arson.
Arts Minister Michael Ellis has stepped in to prevent Dalí’s surrealist Lobster Telephone from export. Contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0.