Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- REMINDER – IHBC Student Awards update: Only 2 weeks left to win £500 and a free place in IHBC’s 2019 Nottingham School! IHBC Gus Astley Student Award closes 31 July… so ‘please just send us your coursework, online and on time’! 21/07/2018
- IHBC welcomes Iceni Projects to the HESPR register as scheme heads towards 40 members, of all sizes 21/07/2018
- IHBC HESPR’s top pick this week from £11.4M+ costed work: Albanian-American Development Foundation (AADF) sought ‘international experts’ for Butrint WHS/National Park; Opportunity closed, ceiling $150,000 21/07/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Millions of trees to be planted along route of HS2 high speed railway 21/07/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage across the doorstep’: On Purcell-led ‘Open Treasure’ project at Durham Cathedral winning 3 RIBA awards 21/07/2018
- IHBC ‘CPD boost’ from a Scottish Blog: Rediscovering the story of Bannockburn House, Stirling 21/07/2018
- Guardian: Mackintosh Glasgow School of Art building will be rebuilt 21/07/2018
- Stronger powers for councils to tackle empty homes in England 21/07/2018
- Welsh Government consultation on subordinate legislation: Ends 28/09 21/07/2018
- Sellafield’s biggest chimney chopped down to size 21/07/2018
- Boater accidentally drains Kennet and Avon Canal 21/07/2018
- IHBC 2018 Belfast School reflections: Spotlight on IHBC’s joint Conservation Professional Practice Principles update – Comments sought by September 17/07/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage IMHO’, from the Spectator: ‘The problem with British mosques’ 17/07/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Regeneration of Bristol’s iconic ‘Generator Building’ given go-ahead by Council 17/07/2018
- Ten-year transformation of Scottish village wins top UK planning award 17/07/2018
- Planning Inspectorate publishes 2017/18 Annual Report 17/07/2018
- Expressions of interest from potential candidates sought for the role of BEFS Chair 17/07/2018
- Defra consults on ‘Environmental Principles and Governance Bill’: Closing 2 August 17/07/2018
- ICOMOS Annual Report for 2017 now published 17/07/2018
- Heatwave vital in discovery of a possible henge, or circular enclosure, at the Brú na Bóinne site 17/07/2018
- IHBC’s sixth NewsBlog Branches Update: Explore Branch CPD events across the UK 13/07/2018
- IHBC’s latest ‘Jobs etc’ skills review: From private to public sector posts (and both) 13/07/2018
- IHBC welcomes RSK to HESPR, as IHBC’s unique interdisciplinary quality assurance service now nears 40 13/07/2018
- IHBC HESPR’s top NewsBlog pick from £450K of costed work this week: Herefordshire Council seeks consultant for city design guide, closing 30/07, value £80k 13/07/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: ‘Norwich deserves better’ – HE warns it will fight Anglia Square development 13/07/2018
Daily Archives: 06/04/2018
IHBC Chair James Caird has written to the local paper that featured ‘joke’ comments from a Coventry City councillor linked to the sudden departure of the local conservation officer and recent listings by DCMS that, in the councillor’s opinion, threaten … Continue reading
Remember that you can still take advantage of the early bird discount until 20 April with rates from only £130 (excl VAT). IHBC OPENS Belfast 2018 ‘School’ booking: Secure low-cost ‘early-bird’ places and share heritage, conservation and EYCH 2018 across … Continue reading
IHBC and partners call on ‘Government to get serious on design’ in NPPF, as debate with Griff Rhys Jones, Max Farrell, James Caird and more looms on 11 April
A new alliance of national organisations aimed at raising awareness of the quality of design in the built and historic environment will come together in London on 11 April as The Academy of Urbanism, Civic Voice, Design Network, the IHBC, … Continue reading
IHBC HESPR’s top pick from up to c.£60K+ of costed work this week: ‘Call for Ideas’ for Military Museum, Sardinia, 20,000 Euro prize and closing 17/06.
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – the Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition scheme – offers members weekly ‘News and Tender Alert’ emails, with costed opportunities worth some £60K+ this week, with the IHBC Director’s top pick for NewsBlog readers … Continue reading
The mosque is an unassuming building in a quiet area of Hull – Berkeley Street, off Beverley Road – but serves 15,000 people, as James Campbell discovers when he takes a look inside on behalf of the Hull Daily Mail
COTAC, the Council on Training in Architectural Conservation, has published its new list of supporters on its web site, with logos linking to the diverse sector bodies from across the UK – large and small – that formally support COTAC’s … Continue reading
More than half of councils in the North West of England are considering selling parks or finding other organisations to maintain them within the next three years, a BBC investigation has found.
The winning and commended projects in the Scottish Civic Trust My Place Awards 2018 were announced on 20 March, with the winners of the ‘My Place’ Photography Competition for young people were also announced.
Europe’s 7 Most Endangered heritage sites 2018 announced: Includes UK’s Grimsby Ice Factory and Vienna’s historic centre
Europa Nostra and the European Investment Bank Institute, have announced the seven most threatened heritage sites in Europe for 2018, which include Grimsby Ice Factory, the Post-Byzantine Churches in Voskopoja and Vithkuqi in Albania, the Historic Centre of Vienna in … Continue reading
Bill Bryson and Joanna Lumley, supporters of the National Churches Trust, have chosen their favourite Wren churches for English Tourism Week.