Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- New IHBC Context out: ‘Isle of Man’ themed in a 64 page ‘bumper’ issue with lots more for your CPD 20/04/2018
- IHBC’s NEW 2018 School CPD special offer, with Yale University Press: Pevsner Architectural Guides to Ulster – £15 off the pair, free post.. and more! 20/04/2018
- IHBC’s 2018 School bursaries still available: ‘Money’s not the barrier’ to the 2018 Belfast School on ‘Our Shared Heritage’ 20/04/2018
- IHBC HESPR’s top pick from up to c.£30K+ of costed work this week: Burnley BC seeks specialist for TH programme, closing 27/04, £20-30,000 contract 20/04/2018
- IHBC’s CPD boost: Historic England’s ‘Heritage Planning Case Database’ 20/04/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: ‘Kooky’ development backed by heritage groups but fears over tower height 20/04/2018
- ‘The Old House Show’: The SPAB’s ‘first ever grand exhibition’: Greenwich – 7-8 September, includes free CPD 20/04/2018
- Design Council and Social Change UK launch ‘Healthy Placemaking’ report: How do we create places that deliver healthier lives? 20/04/2018
- New plan unveiled for Edinburgh’s UNESCO World Heritage Site 20/04/2018
- Wales publishes report on recent inquiry into the historic environment 20/04/2018
- HE tweets and responds on picture of Nelson’s Column being bulldozed 20/04/2018
- IHBC Marsh Awards winners for 2018: Rewards & more at the IHBC’s 2018 School – Belfast 21-23 June 17/04/2018
- IHBC’s Chair on Coventry’s conservation controversy featured by Designing Buildings Wiki 17/04/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Hundreds of locals attend events on the future of Rosefield Mills, Dumfries 17/04/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: ‘Utterly absurd’ plans to replace wooden cabinets at Oxford University Museum of Natural History 17/04/2018
- Wales Committee’s report on inquiry into the Historic Environment published 17/04/2018
- Save calls for new entries – Buildings at Risk 2018-19 17/04/2018
- Could you be Chair of The Heritage Alliance? Closing 18 May 17/04/2018
- European Scrutiny committee seeks clarity on VAT after Brexit 17/04/2018
- EYCH 2018 update- May chimney month 17/04/2018
- ‘IHBC Jobs etc.’ skills review: From conservation & design, DAC support and project management, to designation in Scotland! 13/04/2018
- IHBC meets Wikipedia (again): New entry posted by IHBC Chair 13/04/2018
- Reminder: ‘Early Bird’ rates end next Friday – 20th April 13/04/2018
- Boost your IHBC accreditation submission (& CPD) with our free application support MATE sessions: Nottingham (25/04), Belfast (31/05), Glasgow (7/06) 13/04/2018
- IHBC HESPR’s top pick from up to c.£140K+ of costed work this week: Project management Wordsworth Trust, closing 30/04, £40,000 contract 13/04/2018
Daily Archives: 06/04/2018
IHBC Chair James Caird has written to the local paper that featured ‘joke’ comments from a Coventry City councillor linked to the sudden departure of the local conservation officer and recent listings by DCMS that, in the councillor’s opinion, threaten … Continue reading
Remember that you can still take advantage of the early bird discount until 20 April with rates from only £130 (excl VAT). IHBC OPENS Belfast 2018 ‘School’ booking: Secure low-cost ‘early-bird’ places and share heritage, conservation and EYCH 2018 across … Continue reading
IHBC and partners call on ‘Government to get serious on design’ in NPPF, as debate with Griff Rhys Jones, Max Farrell, James Caird and more looms on 11 April
A new alliance of national organisations aimed at raising awareness of the quality of design in the built and historic environment will come together in London on 11 April as The Academy of Urbanism, Civic Voice, Design Network, the IHBC, … Continue reading
IHBC HESPR’s top pick from up to c.£60K+ of costed work this week: ‘Call for Ideas’ for Military Museum, Sardinia, 20,000 Euro prize and closing 17/06.
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – the Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition scheme – offers members weekly ‘News and Tender Alert’ emails, with costed opportunities worth some £60K+ this week, with the IHBC Director’s top pick for NewsBlog readers … Continue reading
The mosque is an unassuming building in a quiet area of Hull – Berkeley Street, off Beverley Road – but serves 15,000 people, as James Campbell discovers when he takes a look inside on behalf of the Hull Daily Mail
COTAC, the Council on Training in Architectural Conservation, has published its new list of supporters on its web site, with logos linking to the diverse sector bodies from across the UK – large and small – that formally support COTAC’s … Continue reading
More than half of councils in the North West of England are considering selling parks or finding other organisations to maintain them within the next three years, a BBC investigation has found.
The winning and commended projects in the Scottish Civic Trust My Place Awards 2018 were announced on 20 March, with the winners of the ‘My Place’ Photography Competition for young people were also announced.
Europe’s 7 Most Endangered heritage sites 2018 announced: Includes UK’s Grimsby Ice Factory and Vienna’s historic centre
Europa Nostra and the European Investment Bank Institute, have announced the seven most threatened heritage sites in Europe for 2018, which include Grimsby Ice Factory, the Post-Byzantine Churches in Voskopoja and Vithkuqi in Albania, the Historic Centre of Vienna in … Continue reading
Bill Bryson and Joanna Lumley, supporters of the National Churches Trust, have chosen their favourite Wren churches for English Tourism Week.