Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC ‘Members with benefits’: Free IHBC CPD and entry at London’s LPOC Property Show, 9-10 Feb 15/01/2019
- IHBC celebrates 2016 Gus Astley Student Award ‘Trustee selection’ winner now in print: On lighthouses as ‘machines for living in’ 15/01/2019
- Association for Project Safety (APS) calls for IHBC members input to CDM survey, as 2019 School focusses on heritage and risk 15/01/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Walton pub to be demolished despite petition to save it 15/01/2019
- Councils slash library budgets by £30m, survey reveals 15/01/2019
- British Council publication on Soft Power 15/01/2019
- National Trust on new Agriculture Bill 15/01/2019
- Grenfell Tower: Ongoing reviews and updates of Building Regulations and Standards 15/01/2019
- IHBC’s 2019 Annual School welcomes keynote speaker: Zaki Aslan, Conservation architect and Director of ICCROM-Sharjah 11/01/2019
- Career interests in heritage? See IHBC’s latest ‘Jobs etc.’ review of skills needs from the amenity bodies such as Victorian Society, to government and the private sector 11/01/2019
- IHBC ‘Members with benefits’: 15% off ‘Building Conservation’ courses from CIOB Academy – 6/7 February (London); 19/20 February (Swansea)… and PM in London too! 11/01/2019
- IHBC’s HESPR top pick from £54K+ costed work this week: Deadline Extension as SDNPA seeks architect for conversion of a historic farmstead 11/01, value £35-50K 11/01/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Tyne and Wear BPT lead in ‘forgotten’ city centre buildings boosted by Coastal Revival Fund 11/01/2019
- Damerham church engraved lead stolen from roof 11/01/2019
- HES Seeks views on ‘Managing Change’ documents on Listed Buildings: Closing 15 Feb! 11/01/2019
- Cadw’s new website in 2019, seeks early input 11/01/2019
- Don’t dump the rule book under pressure, Ombudsman warns councils, or lose corporate memory through restructuring 11/01/2019
- Dumfries mill could become ‘bricks and mortar festival tent’: BBC on DHBT 11/01/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Welcome to the New Year’ 2: Nominate for the IHBC Marsh Awards 2019 – Celebrate OUTSTANDING retired IHBC members, and SUCCESSFUL new Heritage Learners – Closing 28 Feb! 09/01/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Renovation of Oxford’s historic Jam Factory building nears completion 09/01/2019
- Dounreay nuclear reactor, Scotland’s oldest, to go, as demolition contract awarded 09/01/2019
- Bid to reopen Flintshire’s Shotton steelworks’ John Summers building 09/01/2019
- Civic Voice plans for 2019: More Conservation Area advocacy via 50th anniversaries in its ‘Big Conservation Conversation’! 09/01/2019
- CIOB Parliamentary Reception launches call for improving quality in the built environment 09/01/2019
- Programme to support placemaking at local level launched 09/01/2019
Daily Archives: 06/04/2018
IHBC Chair James Caird has written to the local paper that featured ‘joke’ comments from a Coventry City councillor linked to the sudden departure of the local conservation officer and recent listings by DCMS that, in the councillor’s opinion, threaten … Continue reading
Remember that you can still take advantage of the early bird discount until 20 April with rates from only £130 (excl VAT). IHBC OPENS Belfast 2018 ‘School’ booking: Secure low-cost ‘early-bird’ places and share heritage, conservation and EYCH 2018 across … Continue reading
IHBC and partners call on ‘Government to get serious on design’ in NPPF, as debate with Griff Rhys Jones, Max Farrell, James Caird and more looms on 11 April
A new alliance of national organisations aimed at raising awareness of the quality of design in the built and historic environment will come together in London on 11 April as The Academy of Urbanism, Civic Voice, Design Network, the IHBC, … Continue reading
IHBC HESPR’s top pick from up to c.£60K+ of costed work this week: ‘Call for Ideas’ for Military Museum, Sardinia, 20,000 Euro prize and closing 17/06.
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – the Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition scheme – offers members weekly ‘News and Tender Alert’ emails, with costed opportunities worth some £60K+ this week, with the IHBC Director’s top pick for NewsBlog readers … Continue reading
The mosque is an unassuming building in a quiet area of Hull – Berkeley Street, off Beverley Road – but serves 15,000 people, as James Campbell discovers when he takes a look inside on behalf of the Hull Daily Mail
COTAC, the Council on Training in Architectural Conservation, has published its new list of supporters on its web site, with logos linking to the diverse sector bodies from across the UK – large and small – that formally support COTAC’s … Continue reading
More than half of councils in the North West of England are considering selling parks or finding other organisations to maintain them within the next three years, a BBC investigation has found.
The winning and commended projects in the Scottish Civic Trust My Place Awards 2018 were announced on 20 March, with the winners of the ‘My Place’ Photography Competition for young people were also announced.
Europe’s 7 Most Endangered heritage sites 2018 announced: Includes UK’s Grimsby Ice Factory and Vienna’s historic centre
Europa Nostra and the European Investment Bank Institute, have announced the seven most threatened heritage sites in Europe for 2018, which include Grimsby Ice Factory, the Post-Byzantine Churches in Voskopoja and Vithkuqi in Albania, the Historic Centre of Vienna in … Continue reading
Bill Bryson and Joanna Lumley, supporters of the National Churches Trust, have chosen their favourite Wren churches for English Tourism Week.