Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- More IHBC members (and School delegates) with benefits: 2018 School Friend UAH offers 25% off select CPD-linked publications – NB: Collect at UAH only or P&P extra 23/05/2018
- Missing the IHBC’s 2018 School? Don’t forget – Money is not the barrier as bursaries are still available! 23/05/2018
- Missing the IHBC’s 2018 School – or going along? Either way, get your CPD boosts using our Day School ‘Speakers’ webpage 23/05/2018
- IHBC Annual School’s ‘Sharing’ theme shared with Ireland’s national heritage week of ‘stories’ – 18 to Sunday, 26 August, 2018 23/05/2018
- IHBC welcomes National Parks UK celebrat?ion of historic environments on ‘European Day of Parks’: 24 May 23/05/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Former mayor opposes demolition of Bath College’s Allen Building 23/05/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Neighbours bring life back into Scotland’s redundant churches, say BEFS and others 23/05/2018
- Council of Europe adopts revised directive on ‘Energy efficient buildings’ 23/05/2018
- Government consultation response to ‘Improving the use of planning conditions’ now out 23/05/2018
- UK residents can help ‘destress’ cities by mapping quiet spots 23/05/2018
- Missing the IHBC 2018 School? Prelude 1: Day School programme details now posted – 22 June, QUB, Belfast, including 2018 AGM 19/05/2018
- Missing the IHBC 2018 School? Prelude 2, as Bill Drummond outlines his take on ‘THE CURFEW TOWER: STAY HERE – MAKE ART… AND SHARE HERITAGE’ 19/05/2018
- Missing the IHBC’s 2018 School? … ‘Not’ a 2018 IHBC School prelude, but keynote Jukka Jokilehto outlines the origins of the 1993 ICOMOS Guidelines 19/05/2018
- IHBC responds to NPPF consultation: Calls time on insubstantial distinctions in levels of ‘substantial harm’, seeks new settings policies, and more…. 19/05/2018
- IHBC HESPR’s top pick this week: Nottingham CC seeks Conservation accredited architect to support Peoples Hall development, closing 23/05 19/05/2018
- IHBC CPD boost in Context: An ‘Island of architecture’ and its independent heritage trusts 19/05/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Centuries-old worker’s graffiti uncovered in renovations at Wentworth Woodhouse 19/05/2018
- Interim Raynsford Review report now out: Final consultation on 9 ‘propositions’ continues to 29 June 19/05/2018
- Cupar CARS/THI contractor bursaries for traditional building skills training: To £500 19/05/2018
- AHRC highlights Global Challenge Research Fund (GCRF) opportunities: Education in Conflict and Protracted Crises – closing 24 May 19/05/2018
- IHBC’s Council+ first ‘Taster’ feedback: Early career members bring fresh perspectives to forward planning as ‘reverse mentoring’ guides your professional body! 15/05/2018
- Updates from IHBC and Civic Voice from Civic Societies APPG on England’s Conservation Areas at Risk & new research 15/05/2018
- IHBC’s Heritage from the doorstep: 4×4 threat to England’s largest scheduled monument – Cockfield Fell 15/05/2018
- BEFS’ update on campaign to improve property maintenance and repair in Scotland 15/05/2018
- BREEAM Wiki joins IHBC on DBW: Advancing knowledge sharing and collaborative solutions… for BRE sustainability tools 15/05/2018
Daily Archives: 09/02/2018
The IHBC will soon launch a special support service for our HESPR membership – those commercial historic environment practices that formally recognise the IHBC’s standards in conservation – when national IHBC stands offer to carry individual HESPR member’s promotional literature, … Continue reading
The IHBC’s Scotland Branch has offered ‘Written evidence to the Scottish Parliament’s Finance and Constitution Committee on the Planning (Scotland) Bill Financial Memorandum’, highlighting the need for ‘greater resources and skills… [for] Planning Authorities’; more effective engagement with communities, ‘starting … Continue reading
IHBC Branches: Celebrate your retired members with a nomination to our Marsh Awards – they might win £500 cash and a free School place
IHBC HESPR’s top pick from c.£310K+ costed work this week: … HE seeks project consultant on careers advice for young people, value £15-20K, closing 22/02
The IHBC’s heritage business list, HESPR – the Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition scheme – offers its members weekly ‘News and Tender Alert’ emails, with costed opportunities worth more than £310,000 this week, while the IHBC Director’s current top pick … Continue reading
Daisy Nelson and Sarah Richardson explore Bath Abbey, with more than 8,500 bodies buried beneath it, which is being repaired, stabilised and provided with a geothermally sourced underfloor heating system.
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: High Court judge could scrutinize controversial demolition of Wolverton railway works, Milton Keynes
MK Citizen reports on how a Milton Keynes Council decision on the controversial demolition of Wolverton railway works may be scrutinised by a High Court judge as Historic England seeks judicial review.
The Lancashire Post has reported to its readers on how peers have hit out at controversial plans to build a zip wire tourist attraction across the Thirlmere Reservoir in the Lake District.
MPs have voted to leave the Palace of Westminster while a proposed multi-billion pound refurbishment of the historic building takes place, as MPs have been warned by Historic England (HE) that the Palace of Westminster could be placed on Britain’s … Continue reading
The Victorian Society is delighted to announce the appointment of Griff Rhys Jones as its new President, replacing Lord Briggs of Lewes (who died in March 2016), and has held the position of Vice-President of the Society since 2009.
EU Ministers of Culture adopt Davos Declaration: ‘Towards a European vision of high-quality Baukultur’ – includes process with outcome
At the Conference of EU Ministers of Culture on 22 Jan 2018, the ‘Davos Declaration’ was adopted: ‘Towards a European vision of high-quality Baukultur’, which ‘includes not only the result of… actual construction, but also the processes that lead up … Continue reading
Proposals in draft revised NPPF to make it easier to build upwards as Javid remembers heritage policies too!
New planning proposals will make it easier for developers to build upwards on existing houses and flats in changes to be included in the draft revised National Planning Policy Framework (NPPF), allowing an extra two floors to be added to … Continue reading
Open Culture reports on a little-known use of fences & railings of south London housing estates doubled as emergency stretchers for wartime casualties.