Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC’s Annual School 2018, Belfast 21-3 June: Day School lead speakers web page launched 16/02/2018
- New IHBC Toolbox Research Note on ‘Market Intelligence’ from IHBC’s Jobs etc service: LA conservation jobs update for 2017! 16/02/2018
- REMINDER IHBC members with free CPD benefits: Last chances for the LPOC Listed Property Show – 25-5 Feb, London 16/02/2018
- IHBC HESPR’s top pick from c.£1M of costed work this week: Craven DC seeks research on its ‘Great Place’ project, value £50-60K, closing 09/03 16/02/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the (local government) doorstep: Partnership’s ‘impressive payback’ for Derby’s conservation areas 16/02/2018
- IHBC’s ‘tekkie’ CPD boost: Blockchain technology transformation in the built environment 16/02/2018
- Cadw reminder: Heritage Impact Statements now needed 16/02/2018
- Gender balanced public boards for Scotland as Bill on representation passes final stage 16/02/2018
- BEFS’ Planning (Scotland) Bill – response & overview update 16/02/2018
- Allchurches Trust dispersed £15M grants 2017 16/02/2018
- Jodrell Bank nominated as UNESCO world heritage site 16/02/2018
- Janet Street-Porter’s ‘extroverted’ postmodern home listed 16/02/2018
- Jobs for all @ ‘IHBC Jobs etc’: Your new weekly update on employment opportunities totalling more than £150K of annual income! 13/02/2018
- REMINDER: FREE CPD for IHBC Members at LPOC Property Show! 13/02/2018
- IHBC member benefits abound as ‘Building Conservation Directory’ 2018 arrives: From WHS development to masonry bridges and more 13/02/2018
- IHBC CPD check: On ‘Building Design’, at DBW – and maybe make your own contributions on heritage issues too! 13/02/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Glasgow landmark saved in citywide regeneration project 13/02/2018
- SPIC launches briefing paper on the Planning (Scotland) Bill – How the Scottish planning system currently operates 13/02/2018
- MHCLG: Revised NPPF for England due before Easter 13/02/2018
- Not over yet: Victorian Society appeals against Bath Abbey judgement 13/02/2018
- Theatres Trust announces Theatres at Risk Register for 2018 13/02/2018
- Applications for VAG Spring Conference bursary now open: Bangor, 3-7 April – closes 3 March 13/02/2018
- IHBC promotes HESPR members direct: Coming soon – free promotional literature on IHBC stands! 09/02/2018
- IHBC Scotland Branch responds to Planning (Scotland) Bill… Memorandum 09/02/2018
- REMINDER: IHBC Marsh Award for Retired Members – open until 28 Feb! 09/02/2018
Daily Archives: 09/02/2018
The IHBC will soon launch a special support service for our HESPR membership – those commercial historic environment practices that formally recognise the IHBC’s standards in conservation – when national IHBC stands offer to carry individual HESPR member’s promotional literature, … Continue reading
The IHBC’s Scotland Branch has offered ‘Written evidence to the Scottish Parliament’s Finance and Constitution Committee on the Planning (Scotland) Bill Financial Memorandum’, highlighting the need for ‘greater resources and skills… [for] Planning Authorities’; more effective engagement with communities, ‘starting … Continue reading
IHBC Branches: Celebrate your retired members with a nomination to our Marsh Awards – they might win £500 cash and a free School place
IHBC HESPR’s top pick from c.£310K+ costed work this week: … HE seeks project consultant on careers advice for young people, value £15-20K, closing 22/02
The IHBC’s heritage business list, HESPR – the Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition scheme – offers its members weekly ‘News and Tender Alert’ emails, with costed opportunities worth more than £310,000 this week, while the IHBC Director’s current top pick … Continue reading
Daisy Nelson and Sarah Richardson explore Bath Abbey, with more than 8,500 bodies buried beneath it, which is being repaired, stabilised and provided with a geothermally sourced underfloor heating system.
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: High Court judge could scrutinize controversial demolition of Wolverton railway works, Milton Keynes
MK Citizen reports on how a Milton Keynes Council decision on the controversial demolition of Wolverton railway works may be scrutinised by a High Court judge as Historic England seeks judicial review.
The Lancashire Post has reported to its readers on how peers have hit out at controversial plans to build a zip wire tourist attraction across the Thirlmere Reservoir in the Lake District.
MPs have voted to leave the Palace of Westminster while a proposed multi-billion pound refurbishment of the historic building takes place, as MPs have been warned by Historic England (HE) that the Palace of Westminster could be placed on Britain’s … Continue reading
The Victorian Society is delighted to announce the appointment of Griff Rhys Jones as its new President, replacing Lord Briggs of Lewes (who died in March 2016), and has held the position of Vice-President of the Society since 2009.
EU Ministers of Culture adopt Davos Declaration: ‘Towards a European vision of high-quality Baukultur’ – includes process with outcome
At the Conference of EU Ministers of Culture on 22 Jan 2018, the ‘Davos Declaration’ was adopted: ‘Towards a European vision of high-quality Baukultur’, which ‘includes not only the result of… actual construction, but also the processes that lead up … Continue reading
Proposals in draft revised NPPF to make it easier to build upwards as Javid remembers heritage policies too!
New planning proposals will make it easier for developers to build upwards on existing houses and flats in changes to be included in the draft revised National Planning Policy Framework (NPPF), allowing an extra two floors to be added to … Continue reading
Open Culture reports on a little-known use of fences & railings of south London housing estates doubled as emergency stretchers for wartime casualties.