Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC ‘Members with benefits’: Free IHBC CPD and entry at London’s LPOC Property Show, 9-10 Feb 15/01/2019
- IHBC celebrates 2016 Gus Astley Student Award ‘Trustee selection’ winner now in print: On lighthouses as ‘machines for living in’ 15/01/2019
- Association for Project Safety (APS) calls for IHBC members input to CDM survey, as 2019 School focusses on heritage and risk 15/01/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Walton pub to be demolished despite petition to save it 15/01/2019
- Councils slash library budgets by £30m, survey reveals 15/01/2019
- British Council publication on Soft Power 15/01/2019
- National Trust on new Agriculture Bill 15/01/2019
- Grenfell Tower: Ongoing reviews and updates of Building Regulations and Standards 15/01/2019
- IHBC’s 2019 Annual School welcomes keynote speaker: Zaki Aslan, Conservation architect and Director of ICCROM-Sharjah 11/01/2019
- Career interests in heritage? See IHBC’s latest ‘Jobs etc.’ review of skills needs from the amenity bodies such as Victorian Society, to government and the private sector 11/01/2019
- IHBC ‘Members with benefits’: 15% off ‘Building Conservation’ courses from CIOB Academy – 6/7 February (London); 19/20 February (Swansea)… and PM in London too! 11/01/2019
- IHBC’s HESPR top pick from £54K+ costed work this week: Deadline Extension as SDNPA seeks architect for conversion of a historic farmstead 11/01, value £35-50K 11/01/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Tyne and Wear BPT lead in ‘forgotten’ city centre buildings boosted by Coastal Revival Fund 11/01/2019
- Damerham church engraved lead stolen from roof 11/01/2019
- HES Seeks views on ‘Managing Change’ documents on Listed Buildings: Closing 15 Feb! 11/01/2019
- Cadw’s new website in 2019, seeks early input 11/01/2019
- Don’t dump the rule book under pressure, Ombudsman warns councils, or lose corporate memory through restructuring 11/01/2019
- Dumfries mill could become ‘bricks and mortar festival tent’: BBC on DHBT 11/01/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Welcome to the New Year’ 2: Nominate for the IHBC Marsh Awards 2019 – Celebrate OUTSTANDING retired IHBC members, and SUCCESSFUL new Heritage Learners – Closing 28 Feb! 09/01/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Renovation of Oxford’s historic Jam Factory building nears completion 09/01/2019
- Dounreay nuclear reactor, Scotland’s oldest, to go, as demolition contract awarded 09/01/2019
- Bid to reopen Flintshire’s Shotton steelworks’ John Summers building 09/01/2019
- Civic Voice plans for 2019: More Conservation Area advocacy via 50th anniversaries in its ‘Big Conservation Conversation’! 09/01/2019
- CIOB Parliamentary Reception launches call for improving quality in the built environment 09/01/2019
- Programme to support placemaking at local level launched 09/01/2019
Daily Archives: 06/02/2018
Don’t forget: Check out IHBC events from across the UK in the Branches panel scroll on our new web homepage!
The IHBC’s new website and home page now boasts a dedicated search facility to explore the CPD and events our Branches are offering to all our members – CPD, talks, networking and much more.
IHBC Branches: Celebrate your retired members with a nomination to our Marsh Awards – they might win £500 cash and a free School place
IHBC Branches can celebrate retired members who volunteer their time and skills with a nomination to the IHBC’s Marsh Award for Community Contribution before 28 February, with £500 and a Full School place at our 2018 School in Belfast in … Continue reading
The stories are from the project, led by Civic Voice as part of the national commemorative events, to help conserve and protect the nation’s war memorials for the long term, and ensure there are skilled volunteers available to assess there … Continue reading
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: NI council faces legal action over controversial nursing home plans
A local conservation action group, Rostrevor Action Respecting the Environment (RARE). is taking legal action against the local council in Northern Ireland (NI) after it went against planning official recommendations for a second time to approve a controversial development in … Continue reading
Housing developers building new homes near music venues should be responsible for addressing noise issues according to the Ministers for Housing, Communities & Local Government, and for Digital, Culture, Media & Sport.
Councillors in Bath are looking to cash in on the 5.8 million tourists that visit the historic city each year, with plans to introduce a bed tax that could raise millions of pounds for the British UNESCO World Heritage Site. … Continue reading
To celebrate the Foundation’s 60 Year Anniversary and the vital role of volunteers and community charities, Garfield-Weston foundation have launched an additional grants scheme that will be open to applications from 5th January to 30th June 2018 exclusively – the … Continue reading
Leasehold, trust law, smart contracts and chancel repair liability are among the 14 projects that the Law Commission will look at over the next three years.
The Royal Town Planning Institute (RTPI) has published new practice advice to help planners undertake Strategic Environmental Assessment / Sustainability Appraisal (SEA/SA) more effectively and efficiently.
A new All-Party Parliamentary Group (APPG) was launched on 17 January 2018 to ‘shine political spotlight’ on growth opportunities in new towns. image LocalGov website
The House of Commons Select Committee on Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) launched a new inquiry on 17 January 2018 to investigate ways in which taking part in the arts, cultural activities and sport can have a positive impact … Continue reading
A footbridge linking Whitby’s East Pier to an extension is to be replaced 17 years after it was first removed as Scarborough Council has given consent for a new bridge between the extension and the Grade II-listed pier.