Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- More IHBC members (and School delegates) with benefits: 2018 School Friend UAH offers 25% off select CPD-linked publications – NB: Collect at UAH only or P&P extra 23/05/2018
- Missing the IHBC’s 2018 School? Don’t forget – Money is not the barrier as bursaries are still available! 23/05/2018
- Missing the IHBC’s 2018 School – or going along? Either way, get your CPD boosts using our Day School ‘Speakers’ webpage 23/05/2018
- IHBC Annual School’s ‘Sharing’ theme shared with Ireland’s national heritage week of ‘stories’ – 18 to Sunday, 26 August, 2018 23/05/2018
- IHBC welcomes National Parks UK celebrat?ion of historic environments on ‘European Day of Parks’: 24 May 23/05/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Former mayor opposes demolition of Bath College’s Allen Building 23/05/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Neighbours bring life back into Scotland’s redundant churches, say BEFS and others 23/05/2018
- Council of Europe adopts revised directive on ‘Energy efficient buildings’ 23/05/2018
- Government consultation response to ‘Improving the use of planning conditions’ now out 23/05/2018
- UK residents can help ‘destress’ cities by mapping quiet spots 23/05/2018
- Missing the IHBC 2018 School? Prelude 1: Day School programme details now posted – 22 June, QUB, Belfast, including 2018 AGM 19/05/2018
- Missing the IHBC 2018 School? Prelude 2, as Bill Drummond outlines his take on ‘THE CURFEW TOWER: STAY HERE – MAKE ART… AND SHARE HERITAGE’ 19/05/2018
- Missing the IHBC’s 2018 School? … ‘Not’ a 2018 IHBC School prelude, but keynote Jukka Jokilehto outlines the origins of the 1993 ICOMOS Guidelines 19/05/2018
- IHBC responds to NPPF consultation: Calls time on insubstantial distinctions in levels of ‘substantial harm’, seeks new settings policies, and more…. 19/05/2018
- IHBC HESPR’s top pick this week: Nottingham CC seeks Conservation accredited architect to support Peoples Hall development, closing 23/05 19/05/2018
- IHBC CPD boost in Context: An ‘Island of architecture’ and its independent heritage trusts 19/05/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Centuries-old worker’s graffiti uncovered in renovations at Wentworth Woodhouse 19/05/2018
- Interim Raynsford Review report now out: Final consultation on 9 ‘propositions’ continues to 29 June 19/05/2018
- Cupar CARS/THI contractor bursaries for traditional building skills training: To £500 19/05/2018
- AHRC highlights Global Challenge Research Fund (GCRF) opportunities: Education in Conflict and Protracted Crises – closing 24 May 19/05/2018
- IHBC’s Council+ first ‘Taster’ feedback: Early career members bring fresh perspectives to forward planning as ‘reverse mentoring’ guides your professional body! 15/05/2018
- Updates from IHBC and Civic Voice from Civic Societies APPG on England’s Conservation Areas at Risk & new research 15/05/2018
- IHBC’s Heritage from the doorstep: 4×4 threat to England’s largest scheduled monument – Cockfield Fell 15/05/2018
- BEFS’ update on campaign to improve property maintenance and repair in Scotland 15/05/2018
- BREEAM Wiki joins IHBC on DBW: Advancing knowledge sharing and collaborative solutions… for BRE sustainability tools 15/05/2018
Daily Archives: 06/02/2018
Don’t forget: Check out IHBC events from across the UK in the Branches panel scroll on our new web homepage!
The IHBC’s new website and home page now boasts a dedicated search facility to explore the CPD and events our Branches are offering to all our members – CPD, talks, networking and much more.
IHBC Branches: Celebrate your retired members with a nomination to our Marsh Awards – they might win £500 cash and a free School place
IHBC Branches can celebrate retired members who volunteer their time and skills with a nomination to the IHBC’s Marsh Award for Community Contribution before 28 February, with £500 and a Full School place at our 2018 School in Belfast in … Continue reading
The stories are from the project, led by Civic Voice as part of the national commemorative events, to help conserve and protect the nation’s war memorials for the long term, and ensure there are skilled volunteers available to assess there … Continue reading
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: NI council faces legal action over controversial nursing home plans
A local conservation action group, Rostrevor Action Respecting the Environment (RARE). is taking legal action against the local council in Northern Ireland (NI) after it went against planning official recommendations for a second time to approve a controversial development in … Continue reading
Housing developers building new homes near music venues should be responsible for addressing noise issues according to the Ministers for Housing, Communities & Local Government, and for Digital, Culture, Media & Sport.
Councillors in Bath are looking to cash in on the 5.8 million tourists that visit the historic city each year, with plans to introduce a bed tax that could raise millions of pounds for the British UNESCO World Heritage Site. … Continue reading
To celebrate the Foundation’s 60 Year Anniversary and the vital role of volunteers and community charities, Garfield-Weston foundation have launched an additional grants scheme that will be open to applications from 5th January to 30th June 2018 exclusively – the … Continue reading
Leasehold, trust law, smart contracts and chancel repair liability are among the 14 projects that the Law Commission will look at over the next three years.
The Royal Town Planning Institute (RTPI) has published new practice advice to help planners undertake Strategic Environmental Assessment / Sustainability Appraisal (SEA/SA) more effectively and efficiently.
A new All-Party Parliamentary Group (APPG) was launched on 17 January 2018 to ‘shine political spotlight’ on growth opportunities in new towns. image LocalGov website
The House of Commons Select Committee on Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) launched a new inquiry on 17 January 2018 to investigate ways in which taking part in the arts, cultural activities and sport can have a positive impact … Continue reading
A footbridge linking Whitby’s East Pier to an extension is to be replaced 17 years after it was first removed as Scarborough Council has given consent for a new bridge between the extension and the Grade II-listed pier.