Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC London Branch Conference 2018: ‘Creative Conservation: Partnerships and Public Value’ – RCP, 4 October 10/08/2018
- IHBC spotlights ‘EPCs Call for Evidence’ – RESPONSES NEEDED!’ 10/08/2018
- IHBC’s HESPR top pick from £250M+ costed work this week: East Herts seeks regeneration developer for Bishop’s Stortford site; closing 28/08, values up to £200M 10/08/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Cash boost helps preserve historic North York Moors monuments 10/08/2018
- IHBC CPD boost, in Context, on ‘Lime and stone’: Reopening historic quarries to repair Exeter Cathedral 10/08/2018
- Scotland’s Planning Bill changes: A ‘point of no return’ for Scotland’s heritage says NTS 10/08/2018
- THA’s New Chair from December: Peter Ainsworth, currently Chair of Big Lottery Fund 10/08/2018
- ‘Subcontracting Growth Report’ – Now published 10/08/2018
- British Council: Cultural Protection Fund closing round grants (up to £300k): Expressions of Interest deadline – 24/08 10/08/2018
- Independent review of planning appeal inquiries: call for evidence, closing 18 September 10/08/2018
- IHBC NewsBlog Branches Update: Branch & partner CPD & more, across the UK 07/08/2018
- IHBC’s free ‘MATE’ sessions – Supporting accreditation across HESPR members’ staff: Woodhall Conservation, Purcell and RSK 07/08/2018
- IHBC welcome new HES INFORM series guide: Thatched Roofs 07/08/2018
- IHBC CPD boost AND checkup: Critical learning from DBW on ‘Rights to light’ 07/08/2018
- RTPI: Proposal for post-Brexit environmental watchdog fundamentally flawed 07/08/2018
- Council defeats High Court challenge by HE to Milton Keynes Council over historic railway yard development 07/08/2018
- World Heritage UK technical meeting report out: ‘Commercial Best Practice in World Heritage’ 07/08/2018
- Planning Portal and Federation of Master Builders sign partnership agreement 07/08/2018
- French stones start to receive GI protection 07/08/2018
- Persimmon homeowners in Newquay warn would-be buyers with signs 07/08/2018
- IHBC welcomes PLACE Alliance & partners research: ‘Reviewing design review in London’ 03/08/2018
- Building History Bulletin from Cambridge MSt features IHBC successes: 2017 Student Award winner Rodolfo Acevedo Rodriguez and more… 03/08/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Historic building in Leeds set for healthy new lease of life 03/08/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the (museum) doorstep’: V&A’s ‘less scary’ entrance drives up visitor numbers 03/08/2018
- Civic Voice objects to Ealing Council deleting conservation officer post 03/08/2018
Daily Archives: 06/02/2018
Don’t forget: Check out IHBC events from across the UK in the Branches panel scroll on our new web homepage!
The IHBC’s new website and home page now boasts a dedicated search facility to explore the CPD and events our Branches are offering to all our members – CPD, talks, networking and much more.
IHBC Branches: Celebrate your retired members with a nomination to our Marsh Awards – they might win £500 cash and a free School place
IHBC Branches can celebrate retired members who volunteer their time and skills with a nomination to the IHBC’s Marsh Award for Community Contribution before 28 February, with £500 and a Full School place at our 2018 School in Belfast in … Continue reading
The stories are from the project, led by Civic Voice as part of the national commemorative events, to help conserve and protect the nation’s war memorials for the long term, and ensure there are skilled volunteers available to assess there … Continue reading
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: NI council faces legal action over controversial nursing home plans
A local conservation action group, Rostrevor Action Respecting the Environment (RARE). is taking legal action against the local council in Northern Ireland (NI) after it went against planning official recommendations for a second time to approve a controversial development in … Continue reading
Housing developers building new homes near music venues should be responsible for addressing noise issues according to the Ministers for Housing, Communities & Local Government, and for Digital, Culture, Media & Sport.
Councillors in Bath are looking to cash in on the 5.8 million tourists that visit the historic city each year, with plans to introduce a bed tax that could raise millions of pounds for the British UNESCO World Heritage Site. … Continue reading
To celebrate the Foundation’s 60 Year Anniversary and the vital role of volunteers and community charities, Garfield-Weston foundation have launched an additional grants scheme that will be open to applications from 5th January to 30th June 2018 exclusively – the … Continue reading
Leasehold, trust law, smart contracts and chancel repair liability are among the 14 projects that the Law Commission will look at over the next three years.
The Royal Town Planning Institute (RTPI) has published new practice advice to help planners undertake Strategic Environmental Assessment / Sustainability Appraisal (SEA/SA) more effectively and efficiently.
A new All-Party Parliamentary Group (APPG) was launched on 17 January 2018 to ‘shine political spotlight’ on growth opportunities in new towns. image LocalGov website
The House of Commons Select Committee on Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) launched a new inquiry on 17 January 2018 to investigate ways in which taking part in the arts, cultural activities and sport can have a positive impact … Continue reading
A footbridge linking Whitby’s East Pier to an extension is to be replaced 17 years after it was first removed as Scarborough Council has given consent for a new bridge between the extension and the Grade II-listed pier.