Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC’s Annual School 2018, Belfast 21-3 June: Day School lead speakers web page launched 16/02/2018
- New IHBC Toolbox Research Note on ‘Market Intelligence’ from IHBC’s Jobs etc service: LA conservation jobs update for 2017! 16/02/2018
- REMINDER IHBC members with free CPD benefits: Last chances for the LPOC Listed Property Show – 25-5 Feb, London 16/02/2018
- IHBC HESPR’s top pick from c.£1M of costed work this week: Craven DC seeks research on its ‘Great Place’ project, value £50-60K, closing 09/03 16/02/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the (local government) doorstep: Partnership’s ‘impressive payback’ for Derby’s conservation areas 16/02/2018
- IHBC’s ‘tekkie’ CPD boost: Blockchain technology transformation in the built environment 16/02/2018
- Cadw reminder: Heritage Impact Statements now needed 16/02/2018
- Gender balanced public boards for Scotland as Bill on representation passes final stage 16/02/2018
- BEFS’ Planning (Scotland) Bill – response & overview update 16/02/2018
- Allchurches Trust dispersed £15M grants 2017 16/02/2018
- Jodrell Bank nominated as UNESCO world heritage site 16/02/2018
- Janet Street-Porter’s ‘extroverted’ postmodern home listed 16/02/2018
- Jobs for all @ ‘IHBC Jobs etc’: Your new weekly update on employment opportunities totalling more than £150K of annual income! 13/02/2018
- REMINDER: FREE CPD for IHBC Members at LPOC Property Show! 13/02/2018
- IHBC member benefits abound as ‘Building Conservation Directory’ 2018 arrives: From WHS development to masonry bridges and more 13/02/2018
- IHBC CPD check: On ‘Building Design’, at DBW – and maybe make your own contributions on heritage issues too! 13/02/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Glasgow landmark saved in citywide regeneration project 13/02/2018
- SPIC launches briefing paper on the Planning (Scotland) Bill – How the Scottish planning system currently operates 13/02/2018
- MHCLG: Revised NPPF for England due before Easter 13/02/2018
- Not over yet: Victorian Society appeals against Bath Abbey judgement 13/02/2018
- Theatres Trust announces Theatres at Risk Register for 2018 13/02/2018
- Applications for VAG Spring Conference bursary now open: Bangor, 3-7 April – closes 3 March 13/02/2018
- IHBC promotes HESPR members direct: Coming soon – free promotional literature on IHBC stands! 09/02/2018
- IHBC Scotland Branch responds to Planning (Scotland) Bill… Memorandum 09/02/2018
- REMINDER: IHBC Marsh Award for Retired Members – open until 28 Feb! 09/02/2018
Daily Archives: 06/02/2018
Don’t forget: Check out IHBC events from across the UK in the Branches panel scroll on our new web homepage!
The IHBC’s new website and home page now boasts a dedicated search facility to explore the CPD and events our Branches are offering to all our members – CPD, talks, networking and much more.
IHBC Branches: Celebrate your retired members with a nomination to our Marsh Awards – they might win £500 cash and a free School place
IHBC Branches can celebrate retired members who volunteer their time and skills with a nomination to the IHBC’s Marsh Award for Community Contribution before 28 February, with £500 and a Full School place at our 2018 School in Belfast in … Continue reading
The stories are from the project, led by Civic Voice as part of the national commemorative events, to help conserve and protect the nation’s war memorials for the long term, and ensure there are skilled volunteers available to assess there … Continue reading
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: NI council faces legal action over controversial nursing home plans
A local conservation action group, Rostrevor Action Respecting the Environment (RARE). is taking legal action against the local council in Northern Ireland (NI) after it went against planning official recommendations for a second time to approve a controversial development in … Continue reading
Housing developers building new homes near music venues should be responsible for addressing noise issues according to the Ministers for Housing, Communities & Local Government, and for Digital, Culture, Media & Sport.
Councillors in Bath are looking to cash in on the 5.8 million tourists that visit the historic city each year, with plans to introduce a bed tax that could raise millions of pounds for the British UNESCO World Heritage Site. … Continue reading
To celebrate the Foundation’s 60 Year Anniversary and the vital role of volunteers and community charities, Garfield-Weston foundation have launched an additional grants scheme that will be open to applications from 5th January to 30th June 2018 exclusively – the … Continue reading
Leasehold, trust law, smart contracts and chancel repair liability are among the 14 projects that the Law Commission will look at over the next three years.
The Royal Town Planning Institute (RTPI) has published new practice advice to help planners undertake Strategic Environmental Assessment / Sustainability Appraisal (SEA/SA) more effectively and efficiently.
A new All-Party Parliamentary Group (APPG) was launched on 17 January 2018 to ‘shine political spotlight’ on growth opportunities in new towns. image LocalGov website
The House of Commons Select Committee on Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) launched a new inquiry on 17 January 2018 to investigate ways in which taking part in the arts, cultural activities and sport can have a positive impact … Continue reading
A footbridge linking Whitby’s East Pier to an extension is to be replaced 17 years after it was first removed as Scarborough Council has given consent for a new bridge between the extension and the Grade II-listed pier.