Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC’s newest Context now out: Remembering the Second World War 16/08/2019
- IHBC London Branch conference launched: ‘From Bauhaus to Brutalism and Beyond: Conserving Post-War Buildings and Places’, Wednesday 2 Oct – bauhaustobrutalism.ihbc.org.uk #IHBCBauhaustoBrutalism 16/08/2019
- IHBC at LPOC Bristol, with benefits: The Listed Property Show South West, 21 Sept – limited free places ( ‘first come’ allocation) & unlimited reduced rate tickets for IHBC members 16/08/2019
- See #IHBCNottingham2019, on ‘structures’, on video: More 2019 Day School talks now out on IHBC’s YouTube channel 16/08/2019
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £5.6M+ total opportunities this week: Community Archaeology Consultant sought for ‘Belief in the NE’ project, closing 16/08 16/08/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Pontefract Castle is removed from the ‘at risk’ register 16/08/2019
- Latest Newsletter from IHBC CPD provider ESC: Special issue on traditional buildings features new IHBC ToolBox guidance 16/08/2019
- Dry stone walling added to list of intangible cultural heritage in Ireland 16/08/2019
- UKNC on ‘Cultural Heritage Innovation’: Opportunities for international development 16/08/2019
- DEFRA consultation outcome and conclusions on legislation for conservation covenants in England 16/08/2019
- England’s DCMS 5 minute survey to help them help you with ‘no deal’ Brexit scenario: Closes fast 16/08/2019
- IHBC welcomes HE’s update on post-NPPF revision heritage guidance – and adds some further thoughts… 13/08/2019
- Edinburgh’s Climate Heritage Network Global Launch, 24-25 October: With IHBC in attendance 13/08/2019
- IHBC’s ‘CPD boost’, out of Context: Doing architectural research – pleasures and perils 13/08/2019
- IHBC’s ‘CPD boost’: CIC’s ‘Model Mediation Agreement and Procedure’ for construction and engineering disputes 13/08/2019
- Demolition bid lodged for 153-year-old building in Jedburgh 13/08/2019
- Applications for Churchill Fellowships open until 17 September 13/08/2019
- Essex CC u-turn on closing libraries after consultation receives thousands of responses 13/08/2019
- Anger at Watford planning law allowing ‘oppressive’ small flats 13/08/2019
- Rising price of heritage materials increases rebuild and repair costs of traditional properties by 3.4% 13/08/2019
- AHRC GCRF Urgency Grants pilot scheme open 13/08/2019
- SPAB highlights potential impact of legislating for folic acid in flour 13/08/2019
- See #IHBCNottingham2019 on ‘FIRE’: More 2019 School talks on IHBC’s YouTube channel 09/08/2019
- Looking ahead to #IHBCBrighton2020: High streets, community projects and ‘meanwhile’ use – an update from England for IHBC’s Brighton 2020 School 09/08/2019
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £210K+ of opportunities this week: Consultant sought by Tower Hamlets to assist on a Tall Buildings SPD, closing 03/09, valued £150K 09/08/2019
Daily Archives: 03/02/2018
IHBC’s first NewsBlog Branches Update: Explore IHBC CPD and more across the UK – from Montreal interiors in Edinburgh to MATEs in Wales
The IHBC has launched the first of its new regular NewsBlog IHBC Branches Update, collated and edited by Branch Support Officer Carla Pianese… so now IHBC members and colleagues can find local CPD across the UK, from Montreal interiors, in … Continue reading
REMINDER: More benefits for IHBC members – LPOC Property Show’s free IHBC CPD from Bob Kindred and more: drinks; networking; stands etc, 24-5 Feb, London (Book ASAP)
More benefits for IHBC members – LPOC Property Show’s free IHBC CPD from Bob Kindred and more: drinks; networking; stands etc, 24-5 Feb, London (Book ASAP)
IHBC HESPR’s top pick from c.£2.2M+ costed work this week: … Aberystwyth University seeks consultant on Plan for Old College, closing 12/02
The IHBC’s heritage business list, HESPR – the Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition scheme – offers its members weekly ‘News and Tender Alert’ emails, with costed opportunities worth more than £2M this week, while the IHBC Director’s current top pick … Continue reading
A recent posting on DBW explores how Section 278 of the Highways Act 1980 allows a developer to carry out works to the public highway, which is generally necessary where planning permission has been granted for a development that requires improvements to, or changes to, public highways.
The Lancashire Post reports on how walled yards, or pinfolds – one just outside Broughton and the other in Great Eccleston – might well be the strangest listed buildings in Lancashire.
The HLF consultation on direction and funding priorities is now open, offering a crucial opportunity opens for all those who care about the UK’s extraordinary heritage to give their views on the Heritage Lottery Fund’s plans for the future, including … Continue reading
The Telegraph reports on how more than half of women working in construction have experienced harassment or victimisation during their career, based a new survey, carried out by Hays recruitment consultants.
Civic Voice’s Annual Convention Birmingham 19-20 October 2018: Booking now for ‘Development in a conservation area’!
Bookings are now open for the annual gathering of the civic movement which will be in Birmingham on 19 – 20 October 2018, with the theme ‘Development in a conservation area’.
The Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) single departmental plan, published 14 December 2017 and updated on 29 January 2018, has strategic objective relating to maximizing participation in culture.
On January 18 2018, the European Commission made a proposal to introduce more flexibility for Member States to change the VAT rates they apply to different products and this has now been submitted to the European Parliament and the European … Continue reading
House Simple reports on how, according to a study conducted from a sample of over 1,000 house hunters that browsed property listings on HouseSimple.com, if you want to add value to your home or speed up a sale that’s dragging, … Continue reading