Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC’s Annual School 2018, Belfast 21-3 June: Day School lead speakers web page launched 16/02/2018
- New IHBC Toolbox Research Note on ‘Market Intelligence’ from IHBC’s Jobs etc service: LA conservation jobs update for 2017! 16/02/2018
- REMINDER IHBC members with free CPD benefits: Last chances for the LPOC Listed Property Show – 25-5 Feb, London 16/02/2018
- IHBC HESPR’s top pick from c.£1M of costed work this week: Craven DC seeks research on its ‘Great Place’ project, value £50-60K, closing 09/03 16/02/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the (local government) doorstep: Partnership’s ‘impressive payback’ for Derby’s conservation areas 16/02/2018
- IHBC’s ‘tekkie’ CPD boost: Blockchain technology transformation in the built environment 16/02/2018
- Cadw reminder: Heritage Impact Statements now needed 16/02/2018
- Gender balanced public boards for Scotland as Bill on representation passes final stage 16/02/2018
- BEFS’ Planning (Scotland) Bill – response & overview update 16/02/2018
- Allchurches Trust dispersed £15M grants 2017 16/02/2018
- Jodrell Bank nominated as UNESCO world heritage site 16/02/2018
- Janet Street-Porter’s ‘extroverted’ postmodern home listed 16/02/2018
- Jobs for all @ ‘IHBC Jobs etc’: Your new weekly update on employment opportunities totalling more than £150K of annual income! 13/02/2018
- REMINDER: FREE CPD for IHBC Members at LPOC Property Show! 13/02/2018
- IHBC member benefits abound as ‘Building Conservation Directory’ 2018 arrives: From WHS development to masonry bridges and more 13/02/2018
- IHBC CPD check: On ‘Building Design’, at DBW – and maybe make your own contributions on heritage issues too! 13/02/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Glasgow landmark saved in citywide regeneration project 13/02/2018
- SPIC launches briefing paper on the Planning (Scotland) Bill – How the Scottish planning system currently operates 13/02/2018
- MHCLG: Revised NPPF for England due before Easter 13/02/2018
- Not over yet: Victorian Society appeals against Bath Abbey judgement 13/02/2018
- Theatres Trust announces Theatres at Risk Register for 2018 13/02/2018
- Applications for VAG Spring Conference bursary now open: Bangor, 3-7 April – closes 3 March 13/02/2018
- IHBC promotes HESPR members direct: Coming soon – free promotional literature on IHBC stands! 09/02/2018
- IHBC Scotland Branch responds to Planning (Scotland) Bill… Memorandum 09/02/2018
- REMINDER: IHBC Marsh Award for Retired Members – open until 28 Feb! 09/02/2018
Daily Archives: 03/02/2018
IHBC’s first NewsBlog Branches Update: Explore IHBC CPD and more across the UK – from Montreal interiors in Edinburgh to MATEs in Wales
The IHBC has launched the first of its new regular NewsBlog IHBC Branches Update, collated and edited by Branch Support Officer Carla Pianese… so now IHBC members and colleagues can find local CPD across the UK, from Montreal interiors, in … Continue reading
REMINDER: More benefits for IHBC members – LPOC Property Show’s free IHBC CPD from Bob Kindred and more: drinks; networking; stands etc, 24-5 Feb, London (Book ASAP)
More benefits for IHBC members – LPOC Property Show’s free IHBC CPD from Bob Kindred and more: drinks; networking; stands etc, 24-5 Feb, London (Book ASAP)
IHBC HESPR’s top pick from c.£2.2M+ costed work this week: … Aberystwyth University seeks consultant on Plan for Old College, closing 12/02
The IHBC’s heritage business list, HESPR – the Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition scheme – offers its members weekly ‘News and Tender Alert’ emails, with costed opportunities worth more than £2M this week, while the IHBC Director’s current top pick … Continue reading
A recent posting on DBW explores how Section 278 of the Highways Act 1980 allows a developer to carry out works to the public highway, which is generally necessary where planning permission has been granted for a development that requires improvements to, or changes to, public highways.
The Lancashire Post reports on how walled yards, or pinfolds – one just outside Broughton and the other in Great Eccleston – might well be the strangest listed buildings in Lancashire.
The HLF consultation on direction and funding priorities is now open, offering a crucial opportunity opens for all those who care about the UK’s extraordinary heritage to give their views on the Heritage Lottery Fund’s plans for the future, including … Continue reading
The Telegraph reports on how more than half of women working in construction have experienced harassment or victimisation during their career, based a new survey, carried out by Hays recruitment consultants.
Civic Voice’s Annual Convention Birmingham 19-20 October 2018: Booking now for ‘Development in a conservation area’!
Bookings are now open for the annual gathering of the civic movement which will be in Birmingham on 19 – 20 October 2018, with the theme ‘Development in a conservation area’.
The Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) single departmental plan, published 14 December 2017 and updated on 29 January 2018, has strategic objective relating to maximizing participation in culture.
On January 18 2018, the European Commission made a proposal to introduce more flexibility for Member States to change the VAT rates they apply to different products and this has now been submitted to the European Parliament and the European … Continue reading
House Simple reports on how, according to a study conducted from a sample of over 1,000 house hunters that browsed property listings on HouseSimple.com, if you want to add value to your home or speed up a sale that’s dragging, … Continue reading