Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC London Branch Conference 2018: ‘Creative Conservation: Partnerships and Public Value’ – RCP, 4 October 10/08/2018
- IHBC spotlights ‘EPCs Call for Evidence’ – RESPONSES NEEDED!’ 10/08/2018
- IHBC’s HESPR top pick from £250M+ costed work this week: East Herts seeks regeneration developer for Bishop’s Stortford site; closing 28/08, values up to £200M 10/08/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Cash boost helps preserve historic North York Moors monuments 10/08/2018
- IHBC CPD boost, in Context, on ‘Lime and stone’: Reopening historic quarries to repair Exeter Cathedral 10/08/2018
- Scotland’s Planning Bill changes: A ‘point of no return’ for Scotland’s heritage says NTS 10/08/2018
- THA’s New Chair from December: Peter Ainsworth, currently Chair of Big Lottery Fund 10/08/2018
- ‘Subcontracting Growth Report’ – Now published 10/08/2018
- British Council: Cultural Protection Fund closing round grants (up to £300k): Expressions of Interest deadline – 24/08 10/08/2018
- Independent review of planning appeal inquiries: call for evidence, closing 18 September 10/08/2018
- IHBC NewsBlog Branches Update: Branch & partner CPD & more, across the UK 07/08/2018
- IHBC’s free ‘MATE’ sessions – Supporting accreditation across HESPR members’ staff: Woodhall Conservation, Purcell and RSK 07/08/2018
- IHBC welcome new HES INFORM series guide: Thatched Roofs 07/08/2018
- IHBC CPD boost AND checkup: Critical learning from DBW on ‘Rights to light’ 07/08/2018
- RTPI: Proposal for post-Brexit environmental watchdog fundamentally flawed 07/08/2018
- Council defeats High Court challenge by HE to Milton Keynes Council over historic railway yard development 07/08/2018
- World Heritage UK technical meeting report out: ‘Commercial Best Practice in World Heritage’ 07/08/2018
- Planning Portal and Federation of Master Builders sign partnership agreement 07/08/2018
- French stones start to receive GI protection 07/08/2018
- Persimmon homeowners in Newquay warn would-be buyers with signs 07/08/2018
- IHBC welcomes PLACE Alliance & partners research: ‘Reviewing design review in London’ 03/08/2018
- Building History Bulletin from Cambridge MSt features IHBC successes: 2017 Student Award winner Rodolfo Acevedo Rodriguez and more… 03/08/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Historic building in Leeds set for healthy new lease of life 03/08/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the (museum) doorstep’: V&A’s ‘less scary’ entrance drives up visitor numbers 03/08/2018
- Civic Voice objects to Ealing Council deleting conservation officer post 03/08/2018
Daily Archives: 03/02/2018
IHBC’s first NewsBlog Branches Update: Explore IHBC CPD and more across the UK – from Montreal interiors in Edinburgh to MATEs in Wales
The IHBC has launched the first of its new regular NewsBlog IHBC Branches Update, collated and edited by Branch Support Officer Carla Pianese… so now IHBC members and colleagues can find local CPD across the UK, from Montreal interiors, in … Continue reading
REMINDER: More benefits for IHBC members – LPOC Property Show’s free IHBC CPD from Bob Kindred and more: drinks; networking; stands etc, 24-5 Feb, London (Book ASAP)
More benefits for IHBC members – LPOC Property Show’s free IHBC CPD from Bob Kindred and more: drinks; networking; stands etc, 24-5 Feb, London (Book ASAP)
IHBC HESPR’s top pick from c.£2.2M+ costed work this week: … Aberystwyth University seeks consultant on Plan for Old College, closing 12/02
The IHBC’s heritage business list, HESPR – the Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition scheme – offers its members weekly ‘News and Tender Alert’ emails, with costed opportunities worth more than £2M this week, while the IHBC Director’s current top pick … Continue reading
A recent posting on DBW explores how Section 278 of the Highways Act 1980 allows a developer to carry out works to the public highway, which is generally necessary where planning permission has been granted for a development that requires improvements to, or changes to, public highways.
The Lancashire Post reports on how walled yards, or pinfolds – one just outside Broughton and the other in Great Eccleston – might well be the strangest listed buildings in Lancashire.
The HLF consultation on direction and funding priorities is now open, offering a crucial opportunity opens for all those who care about the UK’s extraordinary heritage to give their views on the Heritage Lottery Fund’s plans for the future, including … Continue reading
The Telegraph reports on how more than half of women working in construction have experienced harassment or victimisation during their career, based a new survey, carried out by Hays recruitment consultants.
Civic Voice’s Annual Convention Birmingham 19-20 October 2018: Booking now for ‘Development in a conservation area’!
Bookings are now open for the annual gathering of the civic movement which will be in Birmingham on 19 – 20 October 2018, with the theme ‘Development in a conservation area’.
The Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) single departmental plan, published 14 December 2017 and updated on 29 January 2018, has strategic objective relating to maximizing participation in culture.
On January 18 2018, the European Commission made a proposal to introduce more flexibility for Member States to change the VAT rates they apply to different products and this has now been submitted to the European Parliament and the European … Continue reading
House Simple reports on how, according to a study conducted from a sample of over 1,000 house hunters that browsed property listings on HouseSimple.com, if you want to add value to your home or speed up a sale that’s dragging, … Continue reading