Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- New IHBC Yearbook web resource launched: ‘Look back with pride (and perspective)… to IHBC 2007 and after’ 18/05/2019
- Staff changes at the IHBC: Carla (Support@ihbc.org.uk) moves on now, Kate (LETS@ihbc.org.uk) after 2019 Nottingham School – backups and replacements planned 18/05/2019
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £2M+ costed opportunities this week: RSPB Cymru seeks team for the Lake Vyrnwy Experience Project, closing 3/06, valued at £1.2M 18/05/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Lidl car park could wipe out nationally important historic monument in Carmarthen 18/05/2019
- IHBC’s ‘IMHO’ spotlight: Cliff Hague says ‘We risk losing Edinburgh’s Princes Street Gardens… forever’ 18/05/2019
- Planning Inspectorate announces search for recruit 20 senior inspectors: Closing 30 May 18/05/2019
- Westminster: Legislative plans for Olympics-style body to oversee restoration works 18/05/2019
- Historic Environment Scotland surveys stakeholders about ‘role in the planning system’: 6 minute survey closes 6 June 18/05/2019
- Empty dwelling management orders hit all-time low 18/05/2019
- ‘New-build homes not fire safe’, BBC investigation finds 18/05/2019
- Conservation joint research call for Analysis; Values; At Risk, and ‘Layered conservation’ – Closing 3 September 2019 18/05/2019
- Now you can get a degree in carving from City & Guilds of London Art School 18/05/2019
- Ever wondered ‘How Venice Works’, with 124 Islands, 183 Canals & 438 Bridges 18/05/2019
- IHBC’s Council+ on help from ‘MATEs’ and much more: from AGM previews to accreditation and CPD, support, scrutiny and certification 14/05/2019
- Historic buildings on fire – Fisons Victorian factory near Ipswich destroyed, yet another sad prompt on the IHBC’s 2019 Nottingham School 14/05/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: 14 Coventry historical sites ‘at risk of neglect, decay or vandalism’, newest is Holy Trinity Church 14/05/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Plans submitted for demolition of meeting hall attached to GII Friends Meeting House 14/05/2019
- IHBC’s ‘CPD Boost’ following the Stone Show, from The Stonespecialist: ‘Housebuilding and increasing the role of stone’ 14/05/2019
- MSPs urged to drop Planning Bill’s extra duties 14/05/2019
- Civic Voice: Member survey stats show communities want conversation on building homes to move towards ‘collaboration’, away from current ‘confrontation’ 14/05/2019
- Public Accounts Committee opens planning and housing inquiry 14/05/2019
- Ecclesiastical launches £1m fund for charities 14/05/2019
- Joint drive to combat heritage crime in Scotland 14/05/2019
- Debris drops on to street after scaffolding collapse near new police HQ site on Grosvenor Street, Everton 14/05/2019
- Highways England pours £4 million into canal restoration scheme 14/05/2019
Daily Archives: 03/02/2018
IHBC’s first NewsBlog Branches Update: Explore IHBC CPD and more across the UK – from Montreal interiors in Edinburgh to MATEs in Wales
The IHBC has launched the first of its new regular NewsBlog IHBC Branches Update, collated and edited by Branch Support Officer Carla Pianese… so now IHBC members and colleagues can find local CPD across the UK, from Montreal interiors, in … Continue reading
REMINDER: More benefits for IHBC members – LPOC Property Show’s free IHBC CPD from Bob Kindred and more: drinks; networking; stands etc, 24-5 Feb, London (Book ASAP)
More benefits for IHBC members – LPOC Property Show’s free IHBC CPD from Bob Kindred and more: drinks; networking; stands etc, 24-5 Feb, London (Book ASAP)
IHBC HESPR’s top pick from c.£2.2M+ costed work this week: … Aberystwyth University seeks consultant on Plan for Old College, closing 12/02
The IHBC’s heritage business list, HESPR – the Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition scheme – offers its members weekly ‘News and Tender Alert’ emails, with costed opportunities worth more than £2M this week, while the IHBC Director’s current top pick … Continue reading
A recent posting on DBW explores how Section 278 of the Highways Act 1980 allows a developer to carry out works to the public highway, which is generally necessary where planning permission has been granted for a development that requires improvements to, or changes to, public highways.
The Lancashire Post reports on how walled yards, or pinfolds – one just outside Broughton and the other in Great Eccleston – might well be the strangest listed buildings in Lancashire.
The HLF consultation on direction and funding priorities is now open, offering a crucial opportunity opens for all those who care about the UK’s extraordinary heritage to give their views on the Heritage Lottery Fund’s plans for the future, including … Continue reading
The Telegraph reports on how more than half of women working in construction have experienced harassment or victimisation during their career, based a new survey, carried out by Hays recruitment consultants.
Civic Voice’s Annual Convention Birmingham 19-20 October 2018: Booking now for ‘Development in a conservation area’!
Bookings are now open for the annual gathering of the civic movement which will be in Birmingham on 19 – 20 October 2018, with the theme ‘Development in a conservation area’.
The Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) single departmental plan, published 14 December 2017 and updated on 29 January 2018, has strategic objective relating to maximizing participation in culture.
On January 18 2018, the European Commission made a proposal to introduce more flexibility for Member States to change the VAT rates they apply to different products and this has now been submitted to the European Parliament and the European … Continue reading
House Simple reports on how, according to a study conducted from a sample of over 1,000 house hunters that browsed property listings on HouseSimple.com, if you want to add value to your home or speed up a sale that’s dragging, … Continue reading