Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC’s Annual School 2018, Belfast 21-3 June: Day School lead speakers web page launched 16/02/2018
- New IHBC Toolbox Research Note on ‘Market Intelligence’ from IHBC’s Jobs etc service: LA conservation jobs update for 2017! 16/02/2018
- REMINDER IHBC members with free CPD benefits: Last chances for the LPOC Listed Property Show – 25-5 Feb, London 16/02/2018
- IHBC HESPR’s top pick from c.£1M of costed work this week: Craven DC seeks research on its ‘Great Place’ project, value £50-60K, closing 09/03 16/02/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the (local government) doorstep: Partnership’s ‘impressive payback’ for Derby’s conservation areas 16/02/2018
- IHBC’s ‘tekkie’ CPD boost: Blockchain technology transformation in the built environment 16/02/2018
- Cadw reminder: Heritage Impact Statements now needed 16/02/2018
- Gender balanced public boards for Scotland as Bill on representation passes final stage 16/02/2018
- BEFS’ Planning (Scotland) Bill – response & overview update 16/02/2018
- Allchurches Trust dispersed £15M grants 2017 16/02/2018
- Jodrell Bank nominated as UNESCO world heritage site 16/02/2018
- Janet Street-Porter’s ‘extroverted’ postmodern home listed 16/02/2018
- Jobs for all @ ‘IHBC Jobs etc’: Your new weekly update on employment opportunities totalling more than £150K of annual income! 13/02/2018
- REMINDER: FREE CPD for IHBC Members at LPOC Property Show! 13/02/2018
- IHBC member benefits abound as ‘Building Conservation Directory’ 2018 arrives: From WHS development to masonry bridges and more 13/02/2018
- IHBC CPD check: On ‘Building Design’, at DBW – and maybe make your own contributions on heritage issues too! 13/02/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Glasgow landmark saved in citywide regeneration project 13/02/2018
- SPIC launches briefing paper on the Planning (Scotland) Bill – How the Scottish planning system currently operates 13/02/2018
- MHCLG: Revised NPPF for England due before Easter 13/02/2018
- Not over yet: Victorian Society appeals against Bath Abbey judgement 13/02/2018
- Theatres Trust announces Theatres at Risk Register for 2018 13/02/2018
- Applications for VAG Spring Conference bursary now open: Bangor, 3-7 April – closes 3 March 13/02/2018
- IHBC promotes HESPR members direct: Coming soon – free promotional literature on IHBC stands! 09/02/2018
- IHBC Scotland Branch responds to Planning (Scotland) Bill… Memorandum 09/02/2018
- REMINDER: IHBC Marsh Award for Retired Members – open until 28 Feb! 09/02/2018
Daily Archives: 16/01/2018
The IHBC has launched its new website, with a new look and enhanced interface to its 30,000+ pages, while asking users to let us know of any broken web links or if any support is needed.
The IHBC’s partner host of our celebrated Conservation Wiki service, Designing Buildings Wiki (DBW) – the construction industry knowledge base – has made its website more mobile friendly with the launch of its new adaptive site.
In the latest IHBC member journal, Context, Rob Cowan writes about less familiar materials in the issues floorscape – iron, glass and wood etc. – focussing on aspects from the decorative to the utilitarian, and from the photographed to the … Continue reading
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the (Christian) doorstep’: New funding to rescue deteriorating historic churches
Historic churches and chapels in England, Wales, Scotland will benefit from £680,000 of rescue funding from the National Churches Trust, the UK’s church buildings support charity, as reported by Premier Christian Media Trust.
The Shropshire Star has reported on how two bodies behind the renovation and regeneration of one of Shrewsbury’s most iconic landmarks – Historic England and the Friends of the Flaxmill Maltings – have formally recognised their desire to bring the … Continue reading
The Royal Town Planning Institute (RTPI) Board of Trustees is delighted to announce the appointment of Victoria Hills MRTPI FICE to the position of Chief Executive, who will take up the role from April 16th 2018. image RTPI website
Over the course of 2017, Designing Buildings Wiki (DBW) has interviewed numerous ‘champions of industry’ and other high-profile figures, and the top 5 most popular interviews of the year all reflect important aspects of heritage in the construction and development sector.
Prime Minister Theresa May has launched a 25 Year Environment Plan – A Green Future: Our 25 Year Plan to Improve the Environment – setting out the government’s intention to leave our environment in a better state than found, and … Continue reading
DHCLG has published a ‘Summary of Responses from the Consultation outcome on Basement Developments and the Planning System Call for Evidence’.
The Department of Communities and Local Government has been rebadged as the Department of Housing, Communities and Local Government. image LocalGov website
Scotland’s biggest social landlord North Lanarkshire Council could demolish all its tower blocks within 20 years which, if approved, could transform the skylines of towns including Motherwell, Coatbridge, Airdrie and Wishaw. image North Lanarkshire Council