Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- More IHBC members (and School delegates) with benefits: 2018 School Friend UAH offers 25% off select CPD-linked publications – NB: Collect at UAH only or P&P extra 23/05/2018
- Missing the IHBC’s 2018 School? Don’t forget – Money is not the barrier as bursaries are still available! 23/05/2018
- Missing the IHBC’s 2018 School – or going along? Either way, get your CPD boosts using our Day School ‘Speakers’ webpage 23/05/2018
- IHBC Annual School’s ‘Sharing’ theme shared with Ireland’s national heritage week of ‘stories’ – 18 to Sunday, 26 August, 2018 23/05/2018
- IHBC welcomes National Parks UK celebrat?ion of historic environments on ‘European Day of Parks’: 24 May 23/05/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Former mayor opposes demolition of Bath College’s Allen Building 23/05/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Neighbours bring life back into Scotland’s redundant churches, say BEFS and others 23/05/2018
- Council of Europe adopts revised directive on ‘Energy efficient buildings’ 23/05/2018
- Government consultation response to ‘Improving the use of planning conditions’ now out 23/05/2018
- UK residents can help ‘destress’ cities by mapping quiet spots 23/05/2018
- Missing the IHBC 2018 School? Prelude 1: Day School programme details now posted – 22 June, QUB, Belfast, including 2018 AGM 19/05/2018
- Missing the IHBC 2018 School? Prelude 2, as Bill Drummond outlines his take on ‘THE CURFEW TOWER: STAY HERE – MAKE ART… AND SHARE HERITAGE’ 19/05/2018
- Missing the IHBC’s 2018 School? … ‘Not’ a 2018 IHBC School prelude, but keynote Jukka Jokilehto outlines the origins of the 1993 ICOMOS Guidelines 19/05/2018
- IHBC responds to NPPF consultation: Calls time on insubstantial distinctions in levels of ‘substantial harm’, seeks new settings policies, and more…. 19/05/2018
- IHBC HESPR’s top pick this week: Nottingham CC seeks Conservation accredited architect to support Peoples Hall development, closing 23/05 19/05/2018
- IHBC CPD boost in Context: An ‘Island of architecture’ and its independent heritage trusts 19/05/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Centuries-old worker’s graffiti uncovered in renovations at Wentworth Woodhouse 19/05/2018
- Interim Raynsford Review report now out: Final consultation on 9 ‘propositions’ continues to 29 June 19/05/2018
- Cupar CARS/THI contractor bursaries for traditional building skills training: To £500 19/05/2018
- AHRC highlights Global Challenge Research Fund (GCRF) opportunities: Education in Conflict and Protracted Crises – closing 24 May 19/05/2018
- IHBC’s Council+ first ‘Taster’ feedback: Early career members bring fresh perspectives to forward planning as ‘reverse mentoring’ guides your professional body! 15/05/2018
- Updates from IHBC and Civic Voice from Civic Societies APPG on England’s Conservation Areas at Risk & new research 15/05/2018
- IHBC’s Heritage from the doorstep: 4×4 threat to England’s largest scheduled monument – Cockfield Fell 15/05/2018
- BEFS’ update on campaign to improve property maintenance and repair in Scotland 15/05/2018
- BREEAM Wiki joins IHBC on DBW: Advancing knowledge sharing and collaborative solutions… for BRE sustainability tools 15/05/2018
Daily Archives: 16/01/2018
The IHBC has launched its new website, with a new look and enhanced interface to its 30,000+ pages, while asking users to let us know of any broken web links or if any support is needed.
The IHBC’s partner host of our celebrated Conservation Wiki service, Designing Buildings Wiki (DBW) – the construction industry knowledge base – has made its website more mobile friendly with the launch of its new adaptive site.
In the latest IHBC member journal, Context, Rob Cowan writes about less familiar materials in the issues floorscape – iron, glass and wood etc. – focussing on aspects from the decorative to the utilitarian, and from the photographed to the … Continue reading
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the (Christian) doorstep’: New funding to rescue deteriorating historic churches
Historic churches and chapels in England, Wales, Scotland will benefit from £680,000 of rescue funding from the National Churches Trust, the UK’s church buildings support charity, as reported by Premier Christian Media Trust.
The Shropshire Star has reported on how two bodies behind the renovation and regeneration of one of Shrewsbury’s most iconic landmarks – Historic England and the Friends of the Flaxmill Maltings – have formally recognised their desire to bring the … Continue reading
The Royal Town Planning Institute (RTPI) Board of Trustees is delighted to announce the appointment of Victoria Hills MRTPI FICE to the position of Chief Executive, who will take up the role from April 16th 2018. image RTPI website
Over the course of 2017, Designing Buildings Wiki (DBW) has interviewed numerous ‘champions of industry’ and other high-profile figures, and the top 5 most popular interviews of the year all reflect important aspects of heritage in the construction and development sector.
Prime Minister Theresa May has launched a 25 Year Environment Plan – A Green Future: Our 25 Year Plan to Improve the Environment – setting out the government’s intention to leave our environment in a better state than found, and … Continue reading
DHCLG has published a ‘Summary of Responses from the Consultation outcome on Basement Developments and the Planning System Call for Evidence’.
The Department of Communities and Local Government has been rebadged as the Department of Housing, Communities and Local Government. image LocalGov website
Scotland’s biggest social landlord North Lanarkshire Council could demolish all its tower blocks within 20 years which, if approved, could transform the skylines of towns including Motherwell, Coatbridge, Airdrie and Wishaw. image North Lanarkshire Council