Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC 2019 Nottingham Annual School: Homepage, venue and promotional pages launched – promotional opportunities open now; delegate booking opens February 20/10/2018
- IHBC, HE & ALGAO’s LA conservation stats out now – 2018 20/10/2018
- IHBC South Branch reminder… on ‘Yearning for Timelessness’ – ‘…new architecture in historic settings…’, in talks and visits: 26 Oct, Oxford 20/10/2018
- IHBC welcomes Gus Astley Student Award judge for 2018 (and 2019 Annual School presentations): Ingval Maxwell OBE, COTAC Chair 20/10/2018
- IHBC CPD boost: Build your skills, and profile, by contributing to Conservation Wiki (and DBW) – With a handy guide on writing articles 20/10/2018
- IHBC’s HESPR top pick from £2m+ costed work this week: Sunderland City Council for the Project Evaluation of Bishopwearmouth Townscape Heritage Scheme – closing 23/11, valued at £40,000. 20/10/2018
- IHBC’s ‘heritage from the doorstep’: MP demands – Don’t sell off GII* listed Woolwich Barracks 20/10/2018
- Hackitt reports: ’… truly shocked’ by construction industry standards, calls for ‘stronger powers of enforcement, to provide more deterrent to cost-cutting’ 20/10/2018
- CITB: Scotland’s iconic buildings set to benefit from sought-after stonemasonry skills 20/10/2018
- Plymouth’s historic Drake’s Island fortress on sale for £6m 20/10/2018
- Report ‘Meanwhile, in London: Making use of London’s empty spaces’ now out 20/10/2018
- Historic England Angel Awards finalists out: Public vote now open 20/10/2018
- Cambridge University completes restoration of college gatehouse 20/10/2018
- IHBC’s South Branch CPD nudge for Oxford, 26 Oct: Secretary of State at RIBA Stirling Prize ceremony echoes Gehry’s ‘Yearning for timelessness’ 16/10/2018
- IHBC welcomes Yale’s Hampshire South Pevsner – and looks forward to CPD partnership for 2019 Nottingham School: 4-6 July 2019 16/10/2018
- IHBC North Branch celebrates success in Engineering CPD event – IHBC’s ‘Professional’ and ‘Intervention’ Areas of Competence 16/10/2018
- See IHBC stand and chair at the Civic Voice conference, Birmingham, 19-20 Oct, while asking: ‘How can we balance conservation and regeneration?’ 16/10/2018
- IHBC’s ‘heritage from the doorstep’: Nando’s plans to replace historic East London library with restaurant blasted as an ‘abomination’ 16/10/2018
- Reminder: COTAC Trustees sought – Notes of interest by 15 November 2018 16/10/2018
- RTPI: Let councils raise fees to cover planning admin costs 16/10/2018
- Scotland’s Young Placechangers Ideas Fund opens for applications 16/10/2018
- Big Lottery Fund: UK’s largest community funder to change name 16/10/2018
- Scotland’s communities feel ‘locked out’ out by landscape policy, according to major new research 16/10/2018
- Planning consultancy win appeal against conviction for wilfully obstructing a council officer in the course of their work. 16/10/2018
- SPAB Scholarship and Fellowship applications for 2019 open: Apply prior to 1 December 16/10/2018
Daily Archives: 16/01/2018
The IHBC has launched its new website, with a new look and enhanced interface to its 30,000+ pages, while asking users to let us know of any broken web links or if any support is needed.
The IHBC’s partner host of our celebrated Conservation Wiki service, Designing Buildings Wiki (DBW) – the construction industry knowledge base – has made its website more mobile friendly with the launch of its new adaptive site.
In the latest IHBC member journal, Context, Rob Cowan writes about less familiar materials in the issues floorscape – iron, glass and wood etc. – focussing on aspects from the decorative to the utilitarian, and from the photographed to the … Continue reading
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the (Christian) doorstep’: New funding to rescue deteriorating historic churches
Historic churches and chapels in England, Wales, Scotland will benefit from £680,000 of rescue funding from the National Churches Trust, the UK’s church buildings support charity, as reported by Premier Christian Media Trust.
The Shropshire Star has reported on how two bodies behind the renovation and regeneration of one of Shrewsbury’s most iconic landmarks – Historic England and the Friends of the Flaxmill Maltings – have formally recognised their desire to bring the … Continue reading
The Royal Town Planning Institute (RTPI) Board of Trustees is delighted to announce the appointment of Victoria Hills MRTPI FICE to the position of Chief Executive, who will take up the role from April 16th 2018. image RTPI website
Over the course of 2017, Designing Buildings Wiki (DBW) has interviewed numerous ‘champions of industry’ and other high-profile figures, and the top 5 most popular interviews of the year all reflect important aspects of heritage in the construction and development sector.
Prime Minister Theresa May has launched a 25 Year Environment Plan – A Green Future: Our 25 Year Plan to Improve the Environment – setting out the government’s intention to leave our environment in a better state than found, and … Continue reading
DHCLG has published a ‘Summary of Responses from the Consultation outcome on Basement Developments and the Planning System Call for Evidence’.
The Department of Communities and Local Government has been rebadged as the Department of Housing, Communities and Local Government. image LocalGov website
Scotland’s biggest social landlord North Lanarkshire Council could demolish all its tower blocks within 20 years which, if approved, could transform the skylines of towns including Motherwell, Coatbridge, Airdrie and Wishaw. image North Lanarkshire Council