Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC’s latest ‘Jobs etc.’ skills review: Heritage specialisms from regulation and regeneration to project management, design and more 14/08/2018
- IHBC CPD ‘Boost AND checkup’: DBW on Prefabrication 14/08/2018
- IHBC’s ‘IMHO’ feature – from the Guardian: ‘Welcome to Brumbria: should the West Midlands become a national park? 14/08/2018
- Court of Appeal sets out principles in considering the setting of listed buildings and the effect of developments 14/08/2018
- BEFS calls for case studies for next Historic Environment Audit 14/08/2018
- ACEVO and IoF on ‘Racial diversity in the charity sector’ 14/08/2018
- Director jailed after employees burn to death 14/08/2018
- Plácido Domingo and EU Commissioner Navracsics announce Europe’s top heritage award winners 2018 in Berlin 14/08/2018
- LI’s new president launches #ChooseLandscape careers campaign: ‘… to address urgent skills shortages in the landscape profession’ 14/08/2018
- IHBC London Branch Conference 2018: ‘Creative Conservation: Partnerships and Public Value’ – RCP, 4 October 10/08/2018
- IHBC spotlights ‘EPCs Call for Evidence’ – RESPONSES NEEDED!’ 10/08/2018
- IHBC’s HESPR top pick from £250M+ costed work this week: East Herts seeks regeneration developer for Bishop’s Stortford site; closing 28/08, values up to £200M 10/08/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Cash boost helps preserve historic North York Moors monuments 10/08/2018
- IHBC CPD boost, in Context, on ‘Lime and stone’: Reopening historic quarries to repair Exeter Cathedral 10/08/2018
- Scotland’s Planning Bill changes: A ‘point of no return’ for Scotland’s heritage says NTS 10/08/2018
- THA’s New Chair from December: Peter Ainsworth, currently Chair of Big Lottery Fund 10/08/2018
- ‘Subcontracting Growth Report’ – Now published 10/08/2018
- British Council: Cultural Protection Fund closing round grants (up to £300k): Expressions of Interest deadline – 24/08 10/08/2018
- Independent review of planning appeal inquiries: call for evidence, closing 18 September 10/08/2018
- IHBC NewsBlog Branches Update: Branch & partner CPD & more, across the UK 07/08/2018
- IHBC’s free ‘MATE’ sessions – Supporting accreditation across HESPR members’ staff: Woodhall Conservation, Purcell and RSK 07/08/2018
- IHBC welcome new HES INFORM series guide: Thatched Roofs 07/08/2018
- IHBC CPD boost AND checkup: Critical learning from DBW on ‘Rights to light’ 07/08/2018
- RTPI: Proposal for post-Brexit environmental watchdog fundamentally flawed 07/08/2018
- Council defeats High Court challenge by HE to Milton Keynes Council over historic railway yard development 07/08/2018
Daily Archives: 16/01/2018
The IHBC has launched its new website, with a new look and enhanced interface to its 30,000+ pages, while asking users to let us know of any broken web links or if any support is needed.
The IHBC’s partner host of our celebrated Conservation Wiki service, Designing Buildings Wiki (DBW) – the construction industry knowledge base – has made its website more mobile friendly with the launch of its new adaptive site.
In the latest IHBC member journal, Context, Rob Cowan writes about less familiar materials in the issues floorscape – iron, glass and wood etc. – focussing on aspects from the decorative to the utilitarian, and from the photographed to the … Continue reading
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the (Christian) doorstep’: New funding to rescue deteriorating historic churches
Historic churches and chapels in England, Wales, Scotland will benefit from £680,000 of rescue funding from the National Churches Trust, the UK’s church buildings support charity, as reported by Premier Christian Media Trust.
The Shropshire Star has reported on how two bodies behind the renovation and regeneration of one of Shrewsbury’s most iconic landmarks – Historic England and the Friends of the Flaxmill Maltings – have formally recognised their desire to bring the … Continue reading
The Royal Town Planning Institute (RTPI) Board of Trustees is delighted to announce the appointment of Victoria Hills MRTPI FICE to the position of Chief Executive, who will take up the role from April 16th 2018. image RTPI website
Over the course of 2017, Designing Buildings Wiki (DBW) has interviewed numerous ‘champions of industry’ and other high-profile figures, and the top 5 most popular interviews of the year all reflect important aspects of heritage in the construction and development sector.
Prime Minister Theresa May has launched a 25 Year Environment Plan – A Green Future: Our 25 Year Plan to Improve the Environment – setting out the government’s intention to leave our environment in a better state than found, and … Continue reading
DHCLG has published a ‘Summary of Responses from the Consultation outcome on Basement Developments and the Planning System Call for Evidence’.
The Department of Communities and Local Government has been rebadged as the Department of Housing, Communities and Local Government. image LocalGov website
Scotland’s biggest social landlord North Lanarkshire Council could demolish all its tower blocks within 20 years which, if approved, could transform the skylines of towns including Motherwell, Coatbridge, Airdrie and Wishaw. image North Lanarkshire Council