Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- Serious about your Heritage career… or the competition? Stay ‘in the know’ with IHBC’s latest ‘Jobs etc.’ updates, for all your conservation needs 15/02/2019
- IHBC Branches: Support your local ‘Successful learners in heritage skills’ with a nomination to our Marsh Awards and a chance of £500 cash and a place at Nottingham’s 2019 School 15/02/2019
- IHBC’s President’s ‘Confessions’ grace latest Historic England Online Debate… No 8: Interim protection for historic buildings before they can be listed 15/02/2019
- IHBC at London’s Listed Property Show: Recap and a huge thanks to our volunteers and leads! 15/02/2019
- IHBC’s HESPR top pick from £250K+ costed work this week: Chartered landscape architect sought for Sydney Gardens, Bath, closing 01/03, value £47k 15/02/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Controversial Halifax building earmarked for demolition granted listed status 15/02/2019
- RTPI renews call for more resources for planning in light of NAO report 15/02/2019
- Glasgow City council may move offices from city centre to ‘key regeneration areas’ 15/02/2019
- Karl Marx’s London grave vandalised in suspected hammer attack: A ‘particularly inarticulate form of political comment’ 15/02/2019
- Brexit and engineering – a take from ICE via DBW 15/02/2019
- Only a week left to enter LocalGov’s 2019 Street Design Awards, closing 28 February 2019 15/02/2019
- Planning appeal decisions could be cut by 5 months says independent review and Chair of Atom Bank, Bridget Rosewell CBE 15/02/2019
- The European capital cobbled with Jewish gravestones 15/02/2019
- IHBC members’ services ‘Checkup alert!’: Simple ways to be sure your IHBC NewsBlog email alerts read correctly, and keep up with our latest news, jobs and more! 12/02/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Save Parlington Campaigners celebrate Leeds CC’s green belt U-turn over Site Allocation Plan 12/02/2019
- IHBC’s 2018 ‘Out of School CPD Boost’, in Context, No. 2: ‘Transforming Shared Heritage’ 12/02/2019
- IHBC CPD boost: SPAB’s free ‘repair’ publications now online 12/02/2019
- IHBC’s ‘IMHO signpost’: ‘Fake views’ from the Guardian, which sees lessons in the V&A’s Cast Court restoration 12/02/2019
- BPT launches crowdfund call to support challenges poor planning decisions in Bath 12/02/2019
- Draft Culture Strategy for Scotland: Consultation analysis now out 12/02/2019
- England’s council spending on cultural resources slashed by £400m over 8 years: County Councils Network 12/02/2019
- Ashford Council Cabinet passes ‘first in Kent’ undergraduate work placement and bursary scheme 12/02/2019
- Strategic framework for heritage science in the UK 2018-2023 launched at event at the Tower of London 12/02/2019
- California island (had) offered $130,000 for new lighthouse keepers 12/02/2019
- The concrete blocks that once protected Britain, in photographs 12/02/2019
Daily Archives: 16/01/2018
The IHBC has launched its new website, with a new look and enhanced interface to its 30,000+ pages, while asking users to let us know of any broken web links or if any support is needed.
The IHBC’s partner host of our celebrated Conservation Wiki service, Designing Buildings Wiki (DBW) – the construction industry knowledge base – has made its website more mobile friendly with the launch of its new adaptive site.
In the latest IHBC member journal, Context, Rob Cowan writes about less familiar materials in the issues floorscape – iron, glass and wood etc. – focussing on aspects from the decorative to the utilitarian, and from the photographed to the … Continue reading
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the (Christian) doorstep’: New funding to rescue deteriorating historic churches
Historic churches and chapels in England, Wales, Scotland will benefit from £680,000 of rescue funding from the National Churches Trust, the UK’s church buildings support charity, as reported by Premier Christian Media Trust.
The Shropshire Star has reported on how two bodies behind the renovation and regeneration of one of Shrewsbury’s most iconic landmarks – Historic England and the Friends of the Flaxmill Maltings – have formally recognised their desire to bring the … Continue reading
The Royal Town Planning Institute (RTPI) Board of Trustees is delighted to announce the appointment of Victoria Hills MRTPI FICE to the position of Chief Executive, who will take up the role from April 16th 2018. image RTPI website
Over the course of 2017, Designing Buildings Wiki (DBW) has interviewed numerous ‘champions of industry’ and other high-profile figures, and the top 5 most popular interviews of the year all reflect important aspects of heritage in the construction and development sector.
Prime Minister Theresa May has launched a 25 Year Environment Plan – A Green Future: Our 25 Year Plan to Improve the Environment – setting out the government’s intention to leave our environment in a better state than found, and … Continue reading
DHCLG has published a ‘Summary of Responses from the Consultation outcome on Basement Developments and the Planning System Call for Evidence’.
The Department of Communities and Local Government has been rebadged as the Department of Housing, Communities and Local Government. image LocalGov website
Scotland’s biggest social landlord North Lanarkshire Council could demolish all its tower blocks within 20 years which, if approved, could transform the skylines of towns including Motherwell, Coatbridge, Airdrie and Wishaw. image North Lanarkshire Council