Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC’s 2018 Belfast School opens: ‘Our Shared heritage’ – Join in, in person or via social media 21/06/2018
- IHBC HESPR’s top pick this week: Canal and River Trust seeks Architects for restoration and redevelopment of the former waterway depot at Finsley Gate Wharf, Burnley, closing 02/07, value £300k 21/06/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Labour bid to save Maida Vale Studios 21/06/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the platform’: BBC features St Pancras drinking fountain restoration 21/06/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the US doorstep’: CNN reports from ‘Inside Westminster Abbey’s $30M secret attic’, by Ptolemy 21/06/2018
- HE consults on ‘Assistant Historic Environment Advisor’ Apprenticeship Standard – call for comment by 8 July 21/06/2018
- Heritage 2020 – Expressions of Interest sought for pro bono update on statutory England’s heritage-related duties of England’s local authorities, closing 5 July 21/06/2018
- Groundbreaking scheme places new generation of planners in local government 21/06/2018
- Historic England Advisory Committee (HEAC) vacancies (4): Pro bono, closing 4 July 21/06/2018
- Going to IHBC’s 2018 School in Derry-Londonderry on Saturday? New Derry Walls Management Plan launched 19/06/2018
- Another ‘IHBC CPD Boost’ for the 2018 School: NI Branch Chair and School lead Andrew McClelland explores social takes on shared heritage in IHBC’s 2018 Yearbook 19/06/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Champions of Slough’s iconic Horlicks building lose fight for listed status 19/06/2018
- Glasgow fire: Art school’s Mackintosh building extensively damaged 19/06/2018
- Scottish Parliament explores need for legislative change in tenement maintenance 19/06/2018
- MaintenanceBooker: A new heritage website ‘to help end the misery of leaking church roofs’ 19/06/2018
- DCMS Areas of Research Interest 19/06/2018
- HE’s Places of Worship web update 19/06/2018
- North West Leicestershire DC approves plans to for Snibston colliery site 19/06/2018
- SAVE’s 2018-2019 Buildings at Risk Catalogue: ‘Revive and Survive’ due 27 June 2018 19/06/2018
- Heritage Collective, Principal Sponsor to IHBC’s 2018 School, will focus on delegate welcomes by staff 15/06/2018
- ‘IHBC Jobs etc.’ skills review: From Historic England’s ‘Taylor Review’ pilot posts to HESPR member Heritage Collective’s ‘Heritage Consultant’ opportunity 15/06/2018
- A timely ‘IHBC CPD boost’ for Belfast 2018 from the BBC, featuring Belfast Buildings Trust’s ‘Carlisle Memorial’ case study 15/06/2018
- IHBC HESPR’s pick from last week: Birmingham CC seeks conservation professional architectural services for GII* listed Highbury Hall, closing 22/06, value £400k 15/06/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Taunton Dean BC issues Urgent Works Notice to Tonedale House owners 15/06/2018
- RTPI challenges apprenticeship body’s assessment plan ruling 15/06/2018
Daily Archives: 09/01/2018
IHBC President David McDonald is encouraging members to consider nominations for the newly launched Marsh Awards for Successful Learning in Heritage Skills and for Community Contribution (Retired Member of the IHBC).
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Church slams Belfast’s £400m regen scheme due to ‘lack of attention to… preserving or enhancing character’
The Church of Ireland has come out against a £400m Belfast redevelopment scheme – a flagship project focused on a 12-acre site in the city centre, formerly known as Royal Exchange – with the Bishop of Connor objecting to the … Continue reading
IHBC members from across the UK with Continuing Professional Development (CPD) priorities in the area, may be interested in a reminder that the Heritage Planning Case Database from Historic England (HE) can be used to search for appeal and call-in … Continue reading
Cadw has published research on how the Historic Environment (Wales) Act 2016 can allow Welsh Ministers make regulations to give local authorities new powers to issue ‘preservation notices’, with the report outlining several options.
The Scottish Government has published key findings from the Scottish House Condition Survey (SHCS) 2016, including on energy efficiency ratings, carbon emissions, Scottish Housing Quality Standard and disrepair.
A threat of legal action has led the Planning Committee of the Yorkshire Dales National Park Authority (YDNPA) to defer a decision on whether to grant planning permission for five new, affordable homes in Bainbridge for local people.
The latest, fourth, in the SPAB Briefing series is now ready to download – Disaster and Recovery – explains how, by being prepared and following the approach advocated by the SPAB, practitioners can ensure that appropriate measures are taken to … Continue reading
Councils respond to England’s Local Government finance proposals: Income cannot plug gaps from funding cuts
England’s Local Government Association (LGA) has responded to the provisional Local Government Finance Settlement published recently, noting that ‘Years of unprecedented central government funding cuts’ mean local government is now unable to use ‘council tax income… to plug the growing … Continue reading