Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC joins Civic Voice conference, Birmingham, 19-20 Oct, with cash, stand, and chair, asking: ‘How can we balance conservation and regeneration?’ 25/09/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Birmingham Live celebrates city airport’s first terminal building being saved from bulldozers 25/09/2018
- IHBC’s ‘CPD Boost in Context’: Conservation philosophy from the IHBC Chair’s ‘Notes’, Context No. 154 25/09/2018
- Launch of ‘Partners in Planning’, in Scotland 25/09/2018
- More funding to boost services in England’s village pubs… 25/09/2018
- Theresa May says people should be proud of their council house 25/09/2018
- STBA: 3 year pilot for ‘Whole House Retrofit Toolkit’ 25/09/2018
- Scotland: New funding phase for Outdoor Learning – ‘OLiN’ 25/09/2018
- User needs survey on new OASIS system, closing end September 25/09/2018
- Dover District Council tackles poorly maintained town centre properties 25/09/2018
- Parliamentary Motion celebrates Sixth Edinburgh Traditional Building Festival 25/09/2018
- Secure your place at the heart of ‘Creative Conservation’, with sector leads (AHF, HE, THA etc.) + case studies + networks + stands: 4 Oct – ‘Cost effective and creative CPD, from London IHBC!’ 21/09/2018
- IHBC’s special Branch outreach and support uplift – All you need on your annual operations as new ‘IHBC Branch Operations’ and ‘Social Media Guidance’ launched! 21/09/2018
- IHBC’s HESPR top pick from £1.2M+ costed work this week: Dover DC seeks services relating to Maison Dieu – closing 10/10, valued £52k 21/09/2018
- IHBC’s CPD boost with a twist: Context’s distillation in ‘Periodically’ … and fast too! 21/09/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the (theatre) doorstep’: Theatre Royal Plymouth granted listed status – and Stage touts! 21/09/2018
- Government faces court action from FoE over ‘illegal’ planning policy 21/09/2018
- Seven Welsh high streets shortlisted for Great British High Street awards 21/09/2018
- ‘Prioritisation within built heritage’ – BEFS’ calls for ideas 21/09/2018
- Uxbridge homeowner who built illegal extensions ordered to pay nearly £10k in fines by court 21/09/2018
- Vic Soc Top 10 list reveals eclectic selection of endangered buildings 21/09/2018
- New HE & IHBC joint Webinar pilot: First online offerings and updates with ‘Enforcement’ focus – webinars from 11 Oct, with booking open now! 18/09/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Practice Spotlight’: Crumbling masonry in GII Gothic house cleaned up following S.215 ‘Untidy Sites Notice’ – ‘powers not used enough…’ says the IHBC 18/09/2018
- IHBC’s Context ‘CPD boost’- A heritage conservation revolution, in context 18/09/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage on the doorstep’: York Civic Trust on ‘the first modern lesbian’ 18/09/2018
Daily Archives: 09/01/2018
IHBC President David McDonald is encouraging members to consider nominations for the newly launched Marsh Awards for Successful Learning in Heritage Skills and for Community Contribution (Retired Member of the IHBC).
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Church slams Belfast’s £400m regen scheme due to ‘lack of attention to… preserving or enhancing character’
The Church of Ireland has come out against a £400m Belfast redevelopment scheme – a flagship project focused on a 12-acre site in the city centre, formerly known as Royal Exchange – with the Bishop of Connor objecting to the … Continue reading
IHBC members from across the UK with Continuing Professional Development (CPD) priorities in the area, may be interested in a reminder that the Heritage Planning Case Database from Historic England (HE) can be used to search for appeal and call-in … Continue reading
Cadw has published research on how the Historic Environment (Wales) Act 2016 can allow Welsh Ministers make regulations to give local authorities new powers to issue ‘preservation notices’, with the report outlining several options.
The Scottish Government has published key findings from the Scottish House Condition Survey (SHCS) 2016, including on energy efficiency ratings, carbon emissions, Scottish Housing Quality Standard and disrepair.
A threat of legal action has led the Planning Committee of the Yorkshire Dales National Park Authority (YDNPA) to defer a decision on whether to grant planning permission for five new, affordable homes in Bainbridge for local people.
The latest, fourth, in the SPAB Briefing series is now ready to download – Disaster and Recovery – explains how, by being prepared and following the approach advocated by the SPAB, practitioners can ensure that appropriate measures are taken to … Continue reading
Councils respond to England’s Local Government finance proposals: Income cannot plug gaps from funding cuts
England’s Local Government Association (LGA) has responded to the provisional Local Government Finance Settlement published recently, noting that ‘Years of unprecedented central government funding cuts’ mean local government is now unable to use ‘council tax income… to plug the growing … Continue reading