Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC’s latest Council+ corners the tables to see how best to deliver member services 07/12/2018
- C20 Society’s Christmas gift to IHBC members: Join up and get a free ticket to ‘Looking Beyond the Bauhaus’ lecture series 07/12/2018
- IHBC’s HESPR top pick from £253M+ costed work this week: Scottish Redundant Churches Trust seeks Conservation Plan author for Ninian Comper’s Cat A St Margaret’s, Braemar, closing 7/12; No price given 07/12/2018
- CPD in Context: ‘Risky buildings and sacred spaces’, and what we can learned from Belfast 07/12/2018
- IHBC’s ‘CPD Boost’: Wellcome’s Living with Buildings exhibition, on health and the built environment – to 3 March, London 07/12/2018
- England’s ‘Open Doors’ pilot: Call for landlords to help match empty space to community needs – closing 31 Dec 07/12/2018
- Updates on England’s programme on planning reform 07/12/2018
- Fine of £5500 for misusing the title ‘architect’ 07/12/2018
- Warburg Institute Funded Research Fellowships for 2019-20 07/12/2018
- Idlicote House landowner loses appeal over sale of urns 07/12/2018
- RTPI to investigate strategic infrastructure planning 07/12/2018
- Scottish Lochside House named House of the Year 2018 07/12/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Out of Context’ CPD check-up and prize: ‘Who said that?’ – And what would you say back? FREE BS7913 for the best responses… 04/12/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the (student’s) doorstep’: Making Meersbrook Project Film, Nov 2018 04/12/2018
- Scotland’s HE Audit now out 04/12/2018
- Civic Voice: Guidance tool for communities to identify local heritage assets 04/12/2018
- Specialist contractors call for government regulation of the construction industry 04/12/2018
- BEFS: Scotland’s ‘Inspiring Fundraising’ online resource and ‘Report on State of Heritage Funding’ now available 04/12/2018
- Sheffield Victorian spa declared Asset of Community Value 04/12/2018
- The economic value of culture: a benefit transfer study on museums in England 04/12/2018
- RIBA launches UK’s first nationwide architecture programme for schoolchildren 04/12/2018
- Shotley Pier campaign: New plans for 122-year-old structure revealed 04/12/2018
- IHBC 2019 Nottingham Day School outline ONLINE • Sponsor opportunities available NOW • Booking & bursaries open FEBRUARY 01/12/2018
- IHBC’s FREE CPD Boost via HE+IHBC’s ‘easy access’ Webinar, 13 Dec: Enhancing conservation areas & townscapes with S.215s – Numbers limited so book now! 01/12/2018
- IHBC-STBA Tribute to Neil May, from John Preston IHBC 01/12/2018
Daily Archives: 09/01/2018
IHBC President David McDonald is encouraging members to consider nominations for the newly launched Marsh Awards for Successful Learning in Heritage Skills and for Community Contribution (Retired Member of the IHBC).
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Church slams Belfast’s £400m regen scheme due to ‘lack of attention to… preserving or enhancing character’
The Church of Ireland has come out against a £400m Belfast redevelopment scheme – a flagship project focused on a 12-acre site in the city centre, formerly known as Royal Exchange – with the Bishop of Connor objecting to the … Continue reading
IHBC members from across the UK with Continuing Professional Development (CPD) priorities in the area, may be interested in a reminder that the Heritage Planning Case Database from Historic England (HE) can be used to search for appeal and call-in … Continue reading
Cadw has published research on how the Historic Environment (Wales) Act 2016 can allow Welsh Ministers make regulations to give local authorities new powers to issue ‘preservation notices’, with the report outlining several options.
The Scottish Government has published key findings from the Scottish House Condition Survey (SHCS) 2016, including on energy efficiency ratings, carbon emissions, Scottish Housing Quality Standard and disrepair.
A threat of legal action has led the Planning Committee of the Yorkshire Dales National Park Authority (YDNPA) to defer a decision on whether to grant planning permission for five new, affordable homes in Bainbridge for local people.
The latest, fourth, in the SPAB Briefing series is now ready to download – Disaster and Recovery – explains how, by being prepared and following the approach advocated by the SPAB, practitioners can ensure that appropriate measures are taken to … Continue reading
Councils respond to England’s Local Government finance proposals: Income cannot plug gaps from funding cuts
England’s Local Government Association (LGA) has responded to the provisional Local Government Finance Settlement published recently, noting that ‘Years of unprecedented central government funding cuts’ mean local government is now unable to use ‘council tax income… to plug the growing … Continue reading