Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC’s latest Council+ corners the tables to see how best to deliver member services 07/12/2018
- C20 Society’s Christmas gift to IHBC members: Join up and get a free ticket to ‘Looking Beyond the Bauhaus’ lecture series 07/12/2018
- IHBC’s HESPR top pick from £253M+ costed work this week: Scottish Redundant Churches Trust seeks Conservation Plan author for Ninian Comper’s Cat A St Margaret’s, Braemar, closing 7/12; No price given 07/12/2018
- CPD in Context: ‘Risky buildings and sacred spaces’, and what we can learned from Belfast 07/12/2018
- IHBC’s ‘CPD Boost’: Wellcome’s Living with Buildings exhibition, on health and the built environment – to 3 March, London 07/12/2018
- England’s ‘Open Doors’ pilot: Call for landlords to help match empty space to community needs – closing 31 Dec 07/12/2018
- Updates on England’s programme on planning reform 07/12/2018
- Fine of £5500 for misusing the title ‘architect’ 07/12/2018
- Warburg Institute Funded Research Fellowships for 2019-20 07/12/2018
- Idlicote House landowner loses appeal over sale of urns 07/12/2018
- RTPI to investigate strategic infrastructure planning 07/12/2018
- Scottish Lochside House named House of the Year 2018 07/12/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Out of Context’ CPD check-up and prize: ‘Who said that?’ – And what would you say back? FREE BS7913 for the best responses… 04/12/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the (student’s) doorstep’: Making Meersbrook Project Film, Nov 2018 04/12/2018
- Scotland’s HE Audit now out 04/12/2018
- Civic Voice: Guidance tool for communities to identify local heritage assets 04/12/2018
- Specialist contractors call for government regulation of the construction industry 04/12/2018
- BEFS: Scotland’s ‘Inspiring Fundraising’ online resource and ‘Report on State of Heritage Funding’ now available 04/12/2018
- Sheffield Victorian spa declared Asset of Community Value 04/12/2018
- The economic value of culture: a benefit transfer study on museums in England 04/12/2018
- RIBA launches UK’s first nationwide architecture programme for schoolchildren 04/12/2018
- Shotley Pier campaign: New plans for 122-year-old structure revealed 04/12/2018
- IHBC 2019 Nottingham Day School outline ONLINE • Sponsor opportunities available NOW • Booking & bursaries open FEBRUARY 01/12/2018
- IHBC’s FREE CPD Boost via HE+IHBC’s ‘easy access’ Webinar, 13 Dec: Enhancing conservation areas & townscapes with S.215s – Numbers limited so book now! 01/12/2018
- IHBC-STBA Tribute to Neil May, from John Preston IHBC 01/12/2018
Daily Archives: 12/12/2017
The 2017 IHBC’s Course Connection Day was held in Birmingham on 23 November, with students representing the full diversity of heritage related courses across the UK and Ireland enjoying an expenses –paid opportunity to learn more about built and historic … Continue reading
IHBC on ‘Urgent’: Do IHBC’s ‘5 minute member survey’ to help our future and maybe win a free copy of BS 7913
Many IHBC members have already completed this short survey to influence the future direction of the Institute but there are still many more who can still offer their thoughts on the work of their institute and their experience of it.
Can IHBC members and colleagues help HE find more listed buildings used as mosques?
IHBC CPD boost from DBW: Real estate needs focus on urban context not technical ‘green construction’
IHBC members may find useful new professional perspectives on asset management in an article from Designing Buildings Wiki by Professor Colin Lizieri which includes ‘Five sustainability principles for the real estate industry’ and calls for a focus on ‘the building … Continue reading
Parliament has agreed changes to enable incorporated charities and community interest companies to become charitable incorporated organisations and the process will begin in January. Parliamentary copyright images are reproduced with the permission of Parliament
Civil Society reports that English Heritage is planning to cut staff numbers in a bid to be financially sustainable by 2023, and is consulting its staff on the restructure until 15 December.
National Council for Voluntary Organisations (NCVO) has published its recent webinar on how to prepare for the new General Data Protection Regulation(GSPR)rules starting next May.
Devon & Somerset Fire & Rescue Service (FRS) has issued advice on protecting heritage buildings against fire. image Devon & somerset FRS website
SAVE’ Buildings at Risk Catalogue: call for new entries includes GII and unlisted, closing 30 December
SAVE is looking for Grade II (GII) listed and unlisted historic buildings which are at risk, vacant and in need of a new use and/or new users, by 30 December.
Applications are being accepted for the Churches Conservation Foundation grant award scheme which seeks to support young craftspeople with an interest in religious built heritage, who want to travel to increase their expertise and knowledge, with a closing date of … Continue reading