Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- Secure your place at the heart of ‘Creative Conservation’, with sector leads (AHF, HE, THA etc.) + case studies + networks + stands: 4 Oct – ‘Cost effective and creative CPD, from London IHBC!’ 21/09/2018
- IHBC’s special Branch outreach and support uplift – All you need on your annual operations as new ‘IHBC Branch Operations’ and ‘Social Media Guidance’ launched! 21/09/2018
- IHBC’s HESPR top pick from £1.2M+ costed work this week: Dover DC seeks services relating to Maison Dieu – closing 10/10, valued £52k 21/09/2018
- IHBC’s CPD boost with a twist: Context’s distillation in ‘Periodically’ … and fast too! 21/09/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the (theatre) doorstep’: Theatre Royal Plymouth granted listed status – and Stage touts! 21/09/2018
- Government faces court action from FoE over ‘illegal’ planning policy 21/09/2018
- Seven Welsh high streets shortlisted for Great British High Street awards 21/09/2018
- ‘Prioritisation within built heritage’ – BEFS’ calls for ideas 21/09/2018
- Uxbridge homeowner who built illegal extensions ordered to pay nearly £10k in fines by court 21/09/2018
- Vic Soc Top 10 list reveals eclectic selection of endangered buildings 21/09/2018
- New HE & IHBC joint Webinar pilot: First online offerings and updates with ‘Enforcement’ focus – webinars from 11 Oct, with booking open now! 18/09/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Practice Spotlight’: Crumbling masonry in GII Gothic house cleaned up following S.215 ‘Untidy Sites Notice’ – ‘powers not used enough…’ says the IHBC 18/09/2018
- IHBC’s Context ‘CPD boost’- A heritage conservation revolution, in context 18/09/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage on the doorstep’: York Civic Trust on ‘the first modern lesbian’ 18/09/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage on the (amenity) doorstep’: C20 Soc & more object to temporary Royal Festival Hall rooftop restaurant 18/09/2018
- IHBC ‘CPD Boost’ in practice: ‘Councils facing financial turbulence should consult more – not less’ 18/09/2018
- New innovation fund for places of worship launched by HLF: Expressions by 14 Oct 18/09/2018
- Update: The Climate Change (Emissions Reduction Targets) (Scotland) Bill 18/09/2018
- Civic Voice’s ‘Big Conservation Conversation’: Civic Conservation Audits and the ‘Conversation’ 18/09/2018
- Letter from the Chief Planner: A Scotland-wide update 18/09/2018
- NT’s ‘AACB’ feature on Biddulph Grange Geological Garden: The restoration of a ‘known unknown’ 18/09/2018
- IHBC’s 2018 members survey feedback No3: Our thoughts on sundry ‘issues as submitted’ – IHBC members can take a look! 15/09/2018
- A pre-IHBC classic is now accessible online on our LPA web resource – 1992’s ‘Listed Building Repairs Notices’ from the ACO 15/09/2018
- IHBC Annual School Belfast 2018: A ‘Digital thanks and recap’ – And another CPD opportunity for all from the IHBC 15/09/2018
- IHBC’s HESPR top pick from £200K+ costed work posted this week: Liverpool Cathedral seeks Architect – closing 08/10 15/09/2018
Daily Archives: 12/12/2017
The 2017 IHBC’s Course Connection Day was held in Birmingham on 23 November, with students representing the full diversity of heritage related courses across the UK and Ireland enjoying an expenses –paid opportunity to learn more about built and historic … Continue reading
IHBC on ‘Urgent’: Do IHBC’s ‘5 minute member survey’ to help our future and maybe win a free copy of BS 7913
Many IHBC members have already completed this short survey to influence the future direction of the Institute but there are still many more who can still offer their thoughts on the work of their institute and their experience of it.
Can IHBC members and colleagues help HE find more listed buildings used as mosques?
IHBC CPD boost from DBW: Real estate needs focus on urban context not technical ‘green construction’
IHBC members may find useful new professional perspectives on asset management in an article from Designing Buildings Wiki by Professor Colin Lizieri which includes ‘Five sustainability principles for the real estate industry’ and calls for a focus on ‘the building … Continue reading
Parliament has agreed changes to enable incorporated charities and community interest companies to become charitable incorporated organisations and the process will begin in January. Parliamentary copyright images are reproduced with the permission of Parliament
Civil Society reports that English Heritage is planning to cut staff numbers in a bid to be financially sustainable by 2023, and is consulting its staff on the restructure until 15 December.
National Council for Voluntary Organisations (NCVO) has published its recent webinar on how to prepare for the new General Data Protection Regulation(GSPR)rules starting next May.
Devon & Somerset Fire & Rescue Service (FRS) has issued advice on protecting heritage buildings against fire. image Devon & somerset FRS website
SAVE’ Buildings at Risk Catalogue: call for new entries includes GII and unlisted, closing 30 December
SAVE is looking for Grade II (GII) listed and unlisted historic buildings which are at risk, vacant and in need of a new use and/or new users, by 30 December.
Applications are being accepted for the Churches Conservation Foundation grant award scheme which seeks to support young craftspeople with an interest in religious built heritage, who want to travel to increase their expertise and knowledge, with a closing date of … Continue reading