Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- Heritage Collective, Principal Sponsor to IHBC’s 2018 School, will focus on delegate welcomes by staff 15/06/2018
- ‘IHBC Jobs etc.’ skills review: From Historic England’s ‘Taylor Review’ pilot posts to HESPR member Heritage Collective’s ‘Heritage Consultant’ opportunity 15/06/2018
- A timely ‘IHBC CPD boost’ for Belfast 2018 from the BBC, featuring Belfast Buildings Trust’s ‘Carlisle Memorial’ case study 15/06/2018
- IHBC HESPR’s pick from last week: Birmingham CC seeks conservation professional architectural services for GII* listed Highbury Hall, closing 22/06, value £400k 15/06/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Taunton Dean BC issues Urgent Works Notice to Tonedale House owners 15/06/2018
- RTPI challenges apprenticeship body’s assessment plan ruling 15/06/2018
- England’s government departments new departmental plans: THA member update 15/06/2018
- Scotland’s Culture Secretary orders review as St Peter’s Seminary future again uncertain with closure of arts company NVA 15/06/2018
- Mayor of London unveils £1.1bn vision for East Bank 15/06/2018
- Hostelling Scotland partner with Scottish Civic Trust and ScotRail on exciting new project for the Year of Young People 2018: Closing 5 July 15/06/2018
- IHBC & partners on Design & the NPPF –update on government ‘getting serious on design’ 12/06/2018
- Going to School in Belfast 2018? Don’t forget your CPD preparations 12/06/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Restoration of Sunderland’s Fulwell Mill sails complete 12/06/2018
- Historic Chapels Trust and CCT partnering for strategic review 12/06/2018
- THA responds to Treasury Committee VAT inquiry, suggesting mitigation measures 12/06/2018
- DCMS calls for more research on diversity and place-making now under fire 12/06/2018
- CPRE says countryside being lost to housing at alarming rate, despite increase in brownfield development 12/06/2018
- Scottish Council on Archives: Consultation for users of online archive catalogues, closing 22 June 12/06/2018
- New powers for England’s councils to deliver homes for local families 12/06/2018
- Take a Virtual Tour of Shakespeare’s Globe Theatre in London 12/06/2018
- IHBC’s fifth NewsBlog Branches Update: Explore Branch CPD events across the UK 08/06/2018
- Going to School in Belfast? Reminder: Don’t forget the CPD profile! 08/06/2018
- IHBC HESPR’s top pick this week: Lakeland Arts seeks QS services for Abbot Hall site, closing 11/06, value £80k 08/06/2018
- IHBC ‘CPD boost’ on early learning, from DBW: Between the campus and the workplace – ‘Transition’ support and experiences for engineers 08/06/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: £750,000 boost for regeneration of Dundee’s historic buildings 08/06/2018
Daily Archives: 12/12/2017
The 2017 IHBC’s Course Connection Day was held in Birmingham on 23 November, with students representing the full diversity of heritage related courses across the UK and Ireland enjoying an expenses –paid opportunity to learn more about built and historic … Continue reading
IHBC on ‘Urgent’: Do IHBC’s ‘5 minute member survey’ to help our future and maybe win a free copy of BS 7913
Many IHBC members have already completed this short survey to influence the future direction of the Institute but there are still many more who can still offer their thoughts on the work of their institute and their experience of it.
Can IHBC members and colleagues help HE find more listed buildings used as mosques?
IHBC CPD boost from DBW: Real estate needs focus on urban context not technical ‘green construction’
IHBC members may find useful new professional perspectives on asset management in an article from Designing Buildings Wiki by Professor Colin Lizieri which includes ‘Five sustainability principles for the real estate industry’ and calls for a focus on ‘the building … Continue reading
Parliament has agreed changes to enable incorporated charities and community interest companies to become charitable incorporated organisations and the process will begin in January. Parliamentary copyright images are reproduced with the permission of Parliament
Civil Society reports that English Heritage is planning to cut staff numbers in a bid to be financially sustainable by 2023, and is consulting its staff on the restructure until 15 December.
National Council for Voluntary Organisations (NCVO) has published its recent webinar on how to prepare for the new General Data Protection Regulation(GSPR)rules starting next May.
Devon & Somerset Fire & Rescue Service (FRS) has issued advice on protecting heritage buildings against fire. image Devon & somerset FRS website
SAVE’ Buildings at Risk Catalogue: call for new entries includes GII and unlisted, closing 30 December
SAVE is looking for Grade II (GII) listed and unlisted historic buildings which are at risk, vacant and in need of a new use and/or new users, by 30 December.
Applications are being accepted for the Churches Conservation Foundation grant award scheme which seeks to support young craftspeople with an interest in religious built heritage, who want to travel to increase their expertise and knowledge, with a closing date of … Continue reading