Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC’s new website for 2018: sharp design – improved access – enhanced security – familiar content! 16/01/2018
- IHBC welcomes DBW’s mobile-friendly web designs: Making Conservation Wiki even more accessible 16/01/2018
- IHBC CPD in Context and on floorscapes: Rob Cowan examines the less familiar materials underfoot 16/01/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the (Christian) doorstep’: New funding to rescue deteriorating historic churches 16/01/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Forces join to help revamp of Shewsbury Flaxmill 16/01/2018
- RTPI announces new Chief Executive 16/01/2018
- DBW’s top 5 interviews from 2017: Heritage and traditional build, if only in the background! 16/01/2018
- Prime Minister launches 25 Year Environment Plan: Leaving places better 16/01/2018
- DHCLG Consultation outcome publication on ‘Basement developments and the Planning System’ 16/01/2018
- Government promotes housing with DCLG rebrand to DHCLG 16/01/2018
- Scottish council considers knocking down all high-rise flats 16/01/2018
- IHBC’s 2017 NewsBlog review & your New Year resolution: Help us upskill your colleagues with our 6 months free NewsBlog offer! 12/01/2018
- More benefits for IHBC members – LPOC Property Show’s free IHBC CPD from Bob Kindred and more: drinks; networking; stands etc, 24-5 Feb, London (Book ASAP) 12/01/2018
- IHBC HESPR’s weekly top weekly pick from c.£380,000+ costed work this week: Buxton… ‘Cultural Heritage Assets Review’, valued £60,000, closing 26/01 12/01/2018
- IHBC CPD in Context: ‘Traditional paving = Place experience’ 12/01/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Restoration plans for Morpeth pele tower submitted 12/01/2018
- Huge blaze closes Nottingham’s recently restored GII listed railway station 12/01/2018
- Bristol University GII Fry fire accidental 12/01/2018
- Wales: Owners etc. consultation on historic parks and gardens boundaries 12/01/2018
- Highways England’s Strategic Road Network Initial Report consultation: Closing 8 Feb 12/01/2018
- Hackitt report into ‘Building Regulations and Fire Safety’ post-Grenfell: Interim update – Calls for ‘universal shift in culture’ 12/01/2018
- Theresa May’s cabinet reshuffle January 2018 12/01/2018
- Wellcome’s ‘architectural commission’ open call on health and places: Deadline 2 Feb 12/01/2018
- IHBC President reminds on nominations for 2018 Marsh Awards – Closing 28 February 09/01/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Church slams Belfast’s £400m regen scheme due to ‘lack of attention to… preserving or enhancing character’ 09/01/2018
Daily Archives: 12/12/2017
The 2017 IHBC’s Course Connection Day was held in Birmingham on 23 November, with students representing the full diversity of heritage related courses across the UK and Ireland enjoying an expenses –paid opportunity to learn more about built and historic … Continue reading
IHBC on ‘Urgent’: Do IHBC’s ‘5 minute member survey’ to help our future and maybe win a free copy of BS 7913
Many IHBC members have already completed this short survey to influence the future direction of the Institute but there are still many more who can still offer their thoughts on the work of their institute and their experience of it.
Can IHBC members and colleagues help HE find more listed buildings used as mosques?
IHBC CPD boost from DBW: Real estate needs focus on urban context not technical ‘green construction’
IHBC members may find useful new professional perspectives on asset management in an article from Designing Buildings Wiki by Professor Colin Lizieri which includes ‘Five sustainability principles for the real estate industry’ and calls for a focus on ‘the building … Continue reading
Parliament has agreed changes to enable incorporated charities and community interest companies to become charitable incorporated organisations and the process will begin in January. Parliamentary copyright images are reproduced with the permission of Parliament
Civil Society reports that English Heritage is planning to cut staff numbers in a bid to be financially sustainable by 2023, and is consulting its staff on the restructure until 15 December.
National Council for Voluntary Organisations (NCVO) has published its recent webinar on how to prepare for the new General Data Protection Regulation(GSPR)rules starting next May.
Devon & Somerset Fire & Rescue Service (FRS) has issued advice on protecting heritage buildings against fire. image Devon & somerset FRS website
SAVE’ Buildings at Risk Catalogue: call for new entries includes GII and unlisted, closing 30 December
SAVE is looking for Grade II (GII) listed and unlisted historic buildings which are at risk, vacant and in need of a new use and/or new users, by 30 December.
Applications are being accepted for the Churches Conservation Foundation grant award scheme which seeks to support young craftspeople with an interest in religious built heritage, who want to travel to increase their expertise and knowledge, with a closing date of … Continue reading