Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC’s 2018 School, 21-23 June 2018: Featured on DBW’s 7500+ user alerts – So book now before early bird rates close on 20 April 23/03/2018
- Jobs for all at ‘IHBC Jobs etc’: A work update on recent opportunities, from surveyor and inspector to conservation officer and covenants! 23/03/2018
- IHBC HESPR’s top pick from up to c.£285K+ of costed work this week: NHMF’s ‘Great Place’ scheme evaluation, closing 16/04, valued £40K 23/03/2018
- IHBC’s international CPD taster from Context 152: Gustavo Giovannoni on planning in historic towns 23/03/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Homeowners in Telford and Wrekin might not need PP following LDO to save fees 23/03/2018
- Glasgow’s Pavilion Theatre saved after nearby nightclub ‘inferno’ 23/03/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Bath Abbey wins right to remove nave pews after dispute with campaigners 23/03/2018
- HE’s March Planning Bulletin now available highlighting consultation on NPPF and Planning Practice Guidance 23/03/2018
- Rescheduled dates are announced by Highways England for A303 Stonehenge consultation events 23/03/2018
- Prime Minister makes appointments to HLF/NHMF Board 23/03/2018
- LGA warns ‘barn conversion’ developments to heap more pressure on rural schools, roads and affordability 23/03/2018
- BBC updates on ‘The youngsters keeping traditional trades alive’ 23/03/2018
- New data for IHBC’s ‘LB Prosecutions Database’: Following Boston fine update, more case updates sought 20/03/2018
- IHBC 2018 Yearbook and School theme taster: HES ‘Engine Shed’ public education programme now out 20/03/2018
- IHBC’s School-inspired ‘CPD boost’, via Conservation Wiki, DBW and Context: James Caird’s ‘Tapestry of transport’ 20/03/2018
- IHBC CPD boost: Check the library of sustainable building materials at Glasgow’s Lighthouse 20/03/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Guildford campaigners fear sell-off could mean end for GII listed building 20/03/2018
- Twentieth Century Society report scopes out UK’s modern Conservation Areas 20/03/2018
- Court ruling for switching off CCTV at times of worship 20/03/2018
- Civic Voice APPG update: Griff says without resourced councils England more ‘likely to end up with wrong homes in the wrong places’ 20/03/2018
- Milton Keynes 14-storey ‘luxury’ Hotel La Tour approved 20/03/2018
- HE announces ‘Immortalised’: A hunt for the nation’s secret, forgotten or unknown memorial 20/03/2018
- Update on London becoming world’s first #NationalParkCity 2019 20/03/2018
- Highways England ‘Opens Doors’ to behind the scenes construction sites for the 2018 ‘Year of Engineering’ 20/03/2018
- IHBC update on Civic Societies APPG on draft NPPF: ‘Will it deliver England’s future homes?’: ‘Not a chance’ say all! 16/03/2018
Daily Archives: 12/12/2017
The 2017 IHBC’s Course Connection Day was held in Birmingham on 23 November, with students representing the full diversity of heritage related courses across the UK and Ireland enjoying an expenses –paid opportunity to learn more about built and historic … Continue reading
IHBC on ‘Urgent’: Do IHBC’s ‘5 minute member survey’ to help our future and maybe win a free copy of BS 7913
Many IHBC members have already completed this short survey to influence the future direction of the Institute but there are still many more who can still offer their thoughts on the work of their institute and their experience of it.
Can IHBC members and colleagues help HE find more listed buildings used as mosques?
IHBC CPD boost from DBW: Real estate needs focus on urban context not technical ‘green construction’
IHBC members may find useful new professional perspectives on asset management in an article from Designing Buildings Wiki by Professor Colin Lizieri which includes ‘Five sustainability principles for the real estate industry’ and calls for a focus on ‘the building … Continue reading
Parliament has agreed changes to enable incorporated charities and community interest companies to become charitable incorporated organisations and the process will begin in January. Parliamentary copyright images are reproduced with the permission of Parliament
Civil Society reports that English Heritage is planning to cut staff numbers in a bid to be financially sustainable by 2023, and is consulting its staff on the restructure until 15 December.
National Council for Voluntary Organisations (NCVO) has published its recent webinar on how to prepare for the new General Data Protection Regulation(GSPR)rules starting next May.
Devon & Somerset Fire & Rescue Service (FRS) has issued advice on protecting heritage buildings against fire. image Devon & somerset FRS website
SAVE’ Buildings at Risk Catalogue: call for new entries includes GII and unlisted, closing 30 December
SAVE is looking for Grade II (GII) listed and unlisted historic buildings which are at risk, vacant and in need of a new use and/or new users, by 30 December.
Applications are being accepted for the Churches Conservation Foundation grant award scheme which seeks to support young craftspeople with an interest in religious built heritage, who want to travel to increase their expertise and knowledge, with a closing date of … Continue reading