Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- Going to IHBC’s 2018 School in Derry-Londonderry on Saturday? New Derry Walls Management Plan launched 19/06/2018
- Another ‘IHBC CPD Boost’ for the 2018 School: NI Branch Chair and School lead Andrew McClelland explores social takes on shared heritage in IHBC’s 2018 Yearbook 19/06/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Champions of Slough’s iconic Horlicks building lose fight for listed status 19/06/2018
- Glasgow fire: Art school’s Mackintosh building extensively damaged 19/06/2018
- Scottish Parliament explores need for legislative change in tenement maintenance 19/06/2018
- MaintenanceBooker: A new heritage website ‘to help end the misery of leaking church roofs’ 19/06/2018
- DCMS Areas of Research Interest 19/06/2018
- HE’s Places of Worship web update 19/06/2018
- North West Leicestershire DC approves plans to for Snibston colliery site 19/06/2018
- SAVE’s 2018-2019 Buildings at Risk Catalogue: ‘Revive and Survive’ due 27 June 2018 19/06/2018
- Heritage Collective, Principal Sponsor to IHBC’s 2018 School, will focus on delegate welcomes by staff 15/06/2018
- ‘IHBC Jobs etc.’ skills review: From Historic England’s ‘Taylor Review’ pilot posts to HESPR member Heritage Collective’s ‘Heritage Consultant’ opportunity 15/06/2018
- A timely ‘IHBC CPD boost’ for Belfast 2018 from the BBC, featuring Belfast Buildings Trust’s ‘Carlisle Memorial’ case study 15/06/2018
- IHBC HESPR’s pick from last week: Birmingham CC seeks conservation professional architectural services for GII* listed Highbury Hall, closing 22/06, value £400k 15/06/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Taunton Dean BC issues Urgent Works Notice to Tonedale House owners 15/06/2018
- RTPI challenges apprenticeship body’s assessment plan ruling 15/06/2018
- England’s government departments new departmental plans: THA member update 15/06/2018
- Scotland’s Culture Secretary orders review as St Peter’s Seminary future again uncertain with closure of arts company NVA 15/06/2018
- Mayor of London unveils £1.1bn vision for East Bank 15/06/2018
- Hostelling Scotland partner with Scottish Civic Trust and ScotRail on exciting new project for the Year of Young People 2018: Closing 5 July 15/06/2018
- IHBC & partners on Design & the NPPF –update on government ‘getting serious on design’ 12/06/2018
- Going to School in Belfast 2018? Don’t forget your CPD preparations 12/06/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Restoration of Sunderland’s Fulwell Mill sails complete 12/06/2018
- Historic Chapels Trust and CCT partnering for strategic review 12/06/2018
- THA responds to Treasury Committee VAT inquiry, suggesting mitigation measures 12/06/2018
Daily Archives: 15/11/2017
IHBC welcomes DD Architects to our HESPR register: ‘Companies large and small gain from special HESPR’s service support and benefits’
DD Architects, Conservation Architects, based in East Sussex, has become the latest company to be included under the IHBC’s conservation service HESPR listing (www.ihbc.org.uk/hespr), joining more than 30 heritage businesses in quality assurance, benefits and support services across the IHBC’s … Continue reading
IHBC CPD boost on ‘IPR’ from Design council: What is Intellectual Property? – An expert’s introduction
Design Council Spark has published a post on Intellectual Property (IP) from brand and design expert John Coldham, a director at leading IP law firm Gowling WLG, who is part of the Design Council Spark Community.
Liverpool City Council is set to award its wholly-owned company a major £7m contract for maintenance of parks and green spaces.
Considerate Constructors Scheme(CCScheme) has launched a pioneering construction map information to offer a single point of reference for construction activity across the UK and Ireland.
In response to a freedom of Information request, the Department for Exiting the EU (DExEU) has released a list of the 58 sectors for which it has written impact assessments relating to Brexit, and while there are impact assessments looking … Continue reading
Following the positive reception of this year’s debate The Heritage Alliance (THA) is looking to produce a paper on how Heritage supports health. We’d welcome case studies from THA members and comments from debate attendees.
Stoke-on-Trent City Council set to invest another £650,000 into the restoration project to turn Wedgwood Institute into new enterprise.
Researchers digitized thousands of pieces from 19th-century archaeologist Rodolfo Lanciani’s collection to help scholars across the world study Rome’s transformation. website image – Stanford News
Telegraph on England’s ‘at-risk churches’: Number grows as Historic England warns dwindling congregations are struggling
The Telegraph has alerted readers that churches are in danger of falling into disrepair as diminishing congregations mean they are increasingly being added to the ‘at-risk’ register. website image – St Anne’s Limehouse, recently added to the ‘at-risk’ register
The BBC has featured a decision by the Victoria and Albert Museum (V&A) – formerly the ‘Museum of Manufactures’ – to preserve the design values of representative flats in London’s famous Brutalist mass housing complex, Robin Hood Gardens, scheduled for … Continue reading