Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC joins Civic Voice conference, Birmingham, 19-20 Oct, with cash, stand, and chair, asking: ‘How can we balance conservation and regeneration?’ 25/09/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Birmingham Live celebrates city airport’s first terminal building being saved from bulldozers 25/09/2018
- IHBC’s ‘CPD Boost in Context’: Conservation philosophy from the IHBC Chair’s ‘Notes’, Context No. 154 25/09/2018
- Launch of ‘Partners in Planning’, in Scotland 25/09/2018
- More funding to boost services in England’s village pubs… 25/09/2018
- Theresa May says people should be proud of their council house 25/09/2018
- STBA: 3 year pilot for ‘Whole House Retrofit Toolkit’ 25/09/2018
- Scotland: New funding phase for Outdoor Learning – ‘OLiN’ 25/09/2018
- User needs survey on new OASIS system, closing end September 25/09/2018
- Dover District Council tackles poorly maintained town centre properties 25/09/2018
- Parliamentary Motion celebrates Sixth Edinburgh Traditional Building Festival 25/09/2018
- Secure your place at the heart of ‘Creative Conservation’, with sector leads (AHF, HE, THA etc.) + case studies + networks + stands: 4 Oct – ‘Cost effective and creative CPD, from London IHBC!’ 21/09/2018
- IHBC’s special Branch outreach and support uplift – All you need on your annual operations as new ‘IHBC Branch Operations’ and ‘Social Media Guidance’ launched! 21/09/2018
- IHBC’s HESPR top pick from £1.2M+ costed work this week: Dover DC seeks services relating to Maison Dieu – closing 10/10, valued £52k 21/09/2018
- IHBC’s CPD boost with a twist: Context’s distillation in ‘Periodically’ … and fast too! 21/09/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the (theatre) doorstep’: Theatre Royal Plymouth granted listed status – and Stage touts! 21/09/2018
- Government faces court action from FoE over ‘illegal’ planning policy 21/09/2018
- Seven Welsh high streets shortlisted for Great British High Street awards 21/09/2018
- ‘Prioritisation within built heritage’ – BEFS’ calls for ideas 21/09/2018
- Uxbridge homeowner who built illegal extensions ordered to pay nearly £10k in fines by court 21/09/2018
- Vic Soc Top 10 list reveals eclectic selection of endangered buildings 21/09/2018
- New HE & IHBC joint Webinar pilot: First online offerings and updates with ‘Enforcement’ focus – webinars from 11 Oct, with booking open now! 18/09/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Practice Spotlight’: Crumbling masonry in GII Gothic house cleaned up following S.215 ‘Untidy Sites Notice’ – ‘powers not used enough…’ says the IHBC 18/09/2018
- IHBC’s Context ‘CPD boost’- A heritage conservation revolution, in context 18/09/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage on the doorstep’: York Civic Trust on ‘the first modern lesbian’ 18/09/2018
Daily Archives: 15/11/2017
IHBC welcomes DD Architects to our HESPR register: ‘Companies large and small gain from special HESPR’s service support and benefits’
DD Architects, Conservation Architects, based in East Sussex, has become the latest company to be included under the IHBC’s conservation service HESPR listing (www.ihbc.org.uk/hespr), joining more than 30 heritage businesses in quality assurance, benefits and support services across the IHBC’s … Continue reading
IHBC CPD boost on ‘IPR’ from Design council: What is Intellectual Property? – An expert’s introduction
Design Council Spark has published a post on Intellectual Property (IP) from brand and design expert John Coldham, a director at leading IP law firm Gowling WLG, who is part of the Design Council Spark Community.
Liverpool City Council is set to award its wholly-owned company a major £7m contract for maintenance of parks and green spaces.
Considerate Constructors Scheme(CCScheme) has launched a pioneering construction map information to offer a single point of reference for construction activity across the UK and Ireland.
In response to a freedom of Information request, the Department for Exiting the EU (DExEU) has released a list of the 58 sectors for which it has written impact assessments relating to Brexit, and while there are impact assessments looking … Continue reading
Following the positive reception of this year’s debate The Heritage Alliance (THA) is looking to produce a paper on how Heritage supports health. We’d welcome case studies from THA members and comments from debate attendees.
Stoke-on-Trent City Council set to invest another £650,000 into the restoration project to turn Wedgwood Institute into new enterprise.
Researchers digitized thousands of pieces from 19th-century archaeologist Rodolfo Lanciani’s collection to help scholars across the world study Rome’s transformation. website image – Stanford News
Telegraph on England’s ‘at-risk churches’: Number grows as Historic England warns dwindling congregations are struggling
The Telegraph has alerted readers that churches are in danger of falling into disrepair as diminishing congregations mean they are increasingly being added to the ‘at-risk’ register. website image – St Anne’s Limehouse, recently added to the ‘at-risk’ register
The BBC has featured a decision by the Victoria and Albert Museum (V&A) – formerly the ‘Museum of Manufactures’ – to preserve the design values of representative flats in London’s famous Brutalist mass housing complex, Robin Hood Gardens, scheduled for … Continue reading