Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- Jobs for all at ‘IHBC Jobs etc’: A new weekly work update on more than £50K of salaries, from church support to conservation officer! 20/02/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Stroud TC’s developing NDP heritage list – Victorian postbox, old tomb and several historic buildings…. 20/02/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Mocha Parade, Manchester – ‘neglected shopping precinct that time forgot’ to face bulldozer 20/02/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the ‘stadium’ step’: Ryan Giggs and Gary Neville’s £200m Manchester plan opposed 20/02/2018
- HES new Guidance Note on ‘Windows’ 20/02/2018
- Heritage audience insights update: Review of HE’s online advice and guidance 20/02/2018
- AHRC and EPSRC to fund 32 projects leading on future immersive experiences 20/02/2018
- CMS Committee on ‘Impact of Brexit’ on the creative, tourism and digital industries 20/02/2018
- THA survey on how heritage supports health 20/02/2018
- The Golf Ball: Next blip on London’s skyline? 20/02/2018
- IHBC’s Annual School 2018, Belfast 21-3 June: Day School lead speakers web page launched 16/02/2018
- New IHBC Toolbox Research Note on ‘Market Intelligence’ from IHBC’s Jobs etc service: LA conservation jobs update for 2017! 16/02/2018
- REMINDER IHBC members with free CPD benefits: Last chances for the LPOC Listed Property Show – 25-5 Feb, London 16/02/2018
- IHBC HESPR’s top pick from c.£1M of costed work this week: Craven DC seeks research on its ‘Great Place’ project, value £50-60K, closing 09/03 16/02/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the (local government) doorstep: Partnership’s ‘impressive payback’ for Derby’s conservation areas 16/02/2018
- IHBC’s ‘tekkie’ CPD boost: Blockchain technology transformation in the built environment 16/02/2018
- Cadw reminder: Heritage Impact Statements now needed 16/02/2018
- Gender balanced public boards for Scotland as Bill on representation passes final stage 16/02/2018
- BEFS’ Planning (Scotland) Bill – response & overview update 16/02/2018
- Allchurches Trust dispersed £15M grants 2017 16/02/2018
- Jodrell Bank nominated as UNESCO world heritage site 16/02/2018
- Janet Street-Porter’s ‘extroverted’ postmodern home listed 16/02/2018
- Jobs for all @ ‘IHBC Jobs etc’: Your new weekly update on employment opportunities totalling more than £150K of annual income! 13/02/2018
- REMINDER: FREE CPD for IHBC Members at LPOC Property Show! 13/02/2018
- IHBC member benefits abound as ‘Building Conservation Directory’ 2018 arrives: From WHS development to masonry bridges and more 13/02/2018
Daily Archives: 07/11/2017
IHBC with Ramboll support COTAC 2017 conference – ‘BIM for Heritage: Stepping into the Future with the Past’ – 8 December, London
The IHBC is delighted to welcome and support COTAC’s 2017 conference, ‘BIM for Heritage: Stepping into the Future with the Past’, on 8 December in London, co-sponsored with Ramboll, and offering delegates a unique overview of the challenges and benefits in … Continue reading
Built Environment Forum Scotland (BEFS) is calling for examples of where multiple owners within a tenement have been unable to agree on maintenance and this has resulted in the need for extensive repair or local authority intervention.
The Sustainable Traditional Buildings Alliance (STBA) is a UK-wide collaboration of organisations – including the IHBC – that acts as a forum for sustaining and improving traditional buildings, and its recent update headlines key issues for many IHBC members interested … Continue reading
Designing Buildings Wiki (DBW) has featured an article from the IHBC membership journal Context: ‘Planning for sustainable historic places’ by IHBC past Chair Dave Chetwyn, with the post joining DBW’s 5000+ articles on offer to its 6,500 registered and 3 … Continue reading
DCMS has responded to a petition – signed by nearly 7,000 and coming after a developer destroyed a Jacobean ceiling in Bristol to prevent a building being listed – calling for interim protection for buildings being considered for listing by … Continue reading
Trump does it for America, maybe you can for heritage… THA’s #HeritageChat on 16 Nov – heritage chat in under 125 characters!
THAs first #HeritageChat, linked to the Heritage 2020 initiative, will run on 16 November 2017, 13.00-14.00 (UK time).
The Yorkshire Dales National Park Authority (YDNPA) has contacted landowners, developers, builders, planning agents and Housing Associations to urge them to consider building new homes in the Park.
Whitehall is regularly drawn into costly and reactionary spending cycles to mitigate crises within the NHS and adult social care, but this extra money is not sorting out any of the underlying problems these services face, suggests the latest Performance Tracker report … Continue reading
At a joint conference in Dundalk between Royal Town Planning Institute (RTPI) Ireland and RTPI Northern Ireland, planners in Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland agreed to work together to create scenarios for a ‘hard’ and ‘soft’ Brexit.
The Application and appeal to build windfarm beside Louth Canal was dismissed by the Secretary of State Sajid Javid because of the ‘harm’ it would do to the character of the area.
Plans to demolish an almost 100-year-old seafront theatre in Scarborough have been approved so the site can be cleared and sold.