Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- Going to IHBC’s 2018 School in Derry-Londonderry on Saturday? New Derry Walls Management Plan launched 19/06/2018
- Another ‘IHBC CPD Boost’ for the 2018 School: NI Branch Chair and School lead Andrew McClelland explores social takes on shared heritage in IHBC’s 2018 Yearbook 19/06/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Champions of Slough’s iconic Horlicks building lose fight for listed status 19/06/2018
- Glasgow fire: Art school’s Mackintosh building extensively damaged 19/06/2018
- Scottish Parliament explores need for legislative change in tenement maintenance 19/06/2018
- MaintenanceBooker: A new heritage website ‘to help end the misery of leaking church roofs’ 19/06/2018
- DCMS Areas of Research Interest 19/06/2018
- HE’s Places of Worship web update 19/06/2018
- North West Leicestershire DC approves plans to for Snibston colliery site 19/06/2018
- SAVE’s 2018-2019 Buildings at Risk Catalogue: ‘Revive and Survive’ due 27 June 2018 19/06/2018
- Heritage Collective, Principal Sponsor to IHBC’s 2018 School, will focus on delegate welcomes by staff 15/06/2018
- ‘IHBC Jobs etc.’ skills review: From Historic England’s ‘Taylor Review’ pilot posts to HESPR member Heritage Collective’s ‘Heritage Consultant’ opportunity 15/06/2018
- A timely ‘IHBC CPD boost’ for Belfast 2018 from the BBC, featuring Belfast Buildings Trust’s ‘Carlisle Memorial’ case study 15/06/2018
- IHBC HESPR’s pick from last week: Birmingham CC seeks conservation professional architectural services for GII* listed Highbury Hall, closing 22/06, value £400k 15/06/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Taunton Dean BC issues Urgent Works Notice to Tonedale House owners 15/06/2018
- RTPI challenges apprenticeship body’s assessment plan ruling 15/06/2018
- England’s government departments new departmental plans: THA member update 15/06/2018
- Scotland’s Culture Secretary orders review as St Peter’s Seminary future again uncertain with closure of arts company NVA 15/06/2018
- Mayor of London unveils £1.1bn vision for East Bank 15/06/2018
- Hostelling Scotland partner with Scottish Civic Trust and ScotRail on exciting new project for the Year of Young People 2018: Closing 5 July 15/06/2018
- IHBC & partners on Design & the NPPF –update on government ‘getting serious on design’ 12/06/2018
- Going to School in Belfast 2018? Don’t forget your CPD preparations 12/06/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Restoration of Sunderland’s Fulwell Mill sails complete 12/06/2018
- Historic Chapels Trust and CCT partnering for strategic review 12/06/2018
- THA responds to Treasury Committee VAT inquiry, suggesting mitigation measures 12/06/2018
Daily Archives: 07/11/2017
IHBC with Ramboll support COTAC 2017 conference – ‘BIM for Heritage: Stepping into the Future with the Past’ – 8 December, London
The IHBC is delighted to welcome and support COTAC’s 2017 conference, ‘BIM for Heritage: Stepping into the Future with the Past’, on 8 December in London, co-sponsored with Ramboll, and offering delegates a unique overview of the challenges and benefits in … Continue reading
Built Environment Forum Scotland (BEFS) is calling for examples of where multiple owners within a tenement have been unable to agree on maintenance and this has resulted in the need for extensive repair or local authority intervention.
The Sustainable Traditional Buildings Alliance (STBA) is a UK-wide collaboration of organisations – including the IHBC – that acts as a forum for sustaining and improving traditional buildings, and its recent update headlines key issues for many IHBC members interested … Continue reading
Designing Buildings Wiki (DBW) has featured an article from the IHBC membership journal Context: ‘Planning for sustainable historic places’ by IHBC past Chair Dave Chetwyn, with the post joining DBW’s 5000+ articles on offer to its 6,500 registered and 3 … Continue reading
DCMS has responded to a petition – signed by nearly 7,000 and coming after a developer destroyed a Jacobean ceiling in Bristol to prevent a building being listed – calling for interim protection for buildings being considered for listing by … Continue reading
Trump does it for America, maybe you can for heritage… THA’s #HeritageChat on 16 Nov – heritage chat in under 125 characters!
THAs first #HeritageChat, linked to the Heritage 2020 initiative, will run on 16 November 2017, 13.00-14.00 (UK time).
The Yorkshire Dales National Park Authority (YDNPA) has contacted landowners, developers, builders, planning agents and Housing Associations to urge them to consider building new homes in the Park.
Whitehall is regularly drawn into costly and reactionary spending cycles to mitigate crises within the NHS and adult social care, but this extra money is not sorting out any of the underlying problems these services face, suggests the latest Performance Tracker report … Continue reading
At a joint conference in Dundalk between Royal Town Planning Institute (RTPI) Ireland and RTPI Northern Ireland, planners in Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland agreed to work together to create scenarios for a ‘hard’ and ‘soft’ Brexit.
The Application and appeal to build windfarm beside Louth Canal was dismissed by the Secretary of State Sajid Javid because of the ‘harm’ it would do to the character of the area.
Plans to demolish an almost 100-year-old seafront theatre in Scarborough have been approved so the site can be cleared and sold.