Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC joins Civic Voice conference, Birmingham, 19-20 Oct, with cash, stand, and chair, asking: ‘How can we balance conservation and regeneration?’ 25/09/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Birmingham Live celebrates city airport’s first terminal building being saved from bulldozers 25/09/2018
- IHBC’s ‘CPD Boost in Context’: Conservation philosophy from the IHBC Chair’s ‘Notes’, Context No. 154 25/09/2018
- Launch of ‘Partners in Planning’, in Scotland 25/09/2018
- More funding to boost services in England’s village pubs… 25/09/2018
- Theresa May says people should be proud of their council house 25/09/2018
- STBA: 3 year pilot for ‘Whole House Retrofit Toolkit’ 25/09/2018
- Scotland: New funding phase for Outdoor Learning – ‘OLiN’ 25/09/2018
- User needs survey on new OASIS system, closing end September 25/09/2018
- Dover District Council tackles poorly maintained town centre properties 25/09/2018
- Parliamentary Motion celebrates Sixth Edinburgh Traditional Building Festival 25/09/2018
- Secure your place at the heart of ‘Creative Conservation’, with sector leads (AHF, HE, THA etc.) + case studies + networks + stands: 4 Oct – ‘Cost effective and creative CPD, from London IHBC!’ 21/09/2018
- IHBC’s special Branch outreach and support uplift – All you need on your annual operations as new ‘IHBC Branch Operations’ and ‘Social Media Guidance’ launched! 21/09/2018
- IHBC’s HESPR top pick from £1.2M+ costed work this week: Dover DC seeks services relating to Maison Dieu – closing 10/10, valued £52k 21/09/2018
- IHBC’s CPD boost with a twist: Context’s distillation in ‘Periodically’ … and fast too! 21/09/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the (theatre) doorstep’: Theatre Royal Plymouth granted listed status – and Stage touts! 21/09/2018
- Government faces court action from FoE over ‘illegal’ planning policy 21/09/2018
- Seven Welsh high streets shortlisted for Great British High Street awards 21/09/2018
- ‘Prioritisation within built heritage’ – BEFS’ calls for ideas 21/09/2018
- Uxbridge homeowner who built illegal extensions ordered to pay nearly £10k in fines by court 21/09/2018
- Vic Soc Top 10 list reveals eclectic selection of endangered buildings 21/09/2018
- New HE & IHBC joint Webinar pilot: First online offerings and updates with ‘Enforcement’ focus – webinars from 11 Oct, with booking open now! 18/09/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Practice Spotlight’: Crumbling masonry in GII Gothic house cleaned up following S.215 ‘Untidy Sites Notice’ – ‘powers not used enough…’ says the IHBC 18/09/2018
- IHBC’s Context ‘CPD boost’- A heritage conservation revolution, in context 18/09/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage on the doorstep’: York Civic Trust on ‘the first modern lesbian’ 18/09/2018
Daily Archives: 07/11/2017
IHBC with Ramboll support COTAC 2017 conference – ‘BIM for Heritage: Stepping into the Future with the Past’ – 8 December, London
The IHBC is delighted to welcome and support COTAC’s 2017 conference, ‘BIM for Heritage: Stepping into the Future with the Past’, on 8 December in London, co-sponsored with Ramboll, and offering delegates a unique overview of the challenges and benefits in … Continue reading
Built Environment Forum Scotland (BEFS) is calling for examples of where multiple owners within a tenement have been unable to agree on maintenance and this has resulted in the need for extensive repair or local authority intervention.
The Sustainable Traditional Buildings Alliance (STBA) is a UK-wide collaboration of organisations – including the IHBC – that acts as a forum for sustaining and improving traditional buildings, and its recent update headlines key issues for many IHBC members interested … Continue reading
Designing Buildings Wiki (DBW) has featured an article from the IHBC membership journal Context: ‘Planning for sustainable historic places’ by IHBC past Chair Dave Chetwyn, with the post joining DBW’s 5000+ articles on offer to its 6,500 registered and 3 … Continue reading
DCMS has responded to a petition – signed by nearly 7,000 and coming after a developer destroyed a Jacobean ceiling in Bristol to prevent a building being listed – calling for interim protection for buildings being considered for listing by … Continue reading
Trump does it for America, maybe you can for heritage… THA’s #HeritageChat on 16 Nov – heritage chat in under 125 characters!
THAs first #HeritageChat, linked to the Heritage 2020 initiative, will run on 16 November 2017, 13.00-14.00 (UK time).
The Yorkshire Dales National Park Authority (YDNPA) has contacted landowners, developers, builders, planning agents and Housing Associations to urge them to consider building new homes in the Park.
Whitehall is regularly drawn into costly and reactionary spending cycles to mitigate crises within the NHS and adult social care, but this extra money is not sorting out any of the underlying problems these services face, suggests the latest Performance Tracker report … Continue reading
At a joint conference in Dundalk between Royal Town Planning Institute (RTPI) Ireland and RTPI Northern Ireland, planners in Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland agreed to work together to create scenarios for a ‘hard’ and ‘soft’ Brexit.
The Application and appeal to build windfarm beside Louth Canal was dismissed by the Secretary of State Sajid Javid because of the ‘harm’ it would do to the character of the area.
Plans to demolish an almost 100-year-old seafront theatre in Scarborough have been approved so the site can be cleared and sold.