Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC joins Civic Voice conference, Birmingham, 19-20 Oct, with cash, stand, and chair, asking: ‘How can we balance conservation and regeneration?’ 25/09/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Birmingham Live celebrates city airport’s first terminal building being saved from bulldozers 25/09/2018
- IHBC’s ‘CPD Boost in Context’: Conservation philosophy from the IHBC Chair’s ‘Notes’, Context No. 154 25/09/2018
- Launch of ‘Partners in Planning’, in Scotland 25/09/2018
- More funding to boost services in England’s village pubs… 25/09/2018
- Theresa May says people should be proud of their council house 25/09/2018
- STBA: 3 year pilot for ‘Whole House Retrofit Toolkit’ 25/09/2018
- Scotland: New funding phase for Outdoor Learning – ‘OLiN’ 25/09/2018
- User needs survey on new OASIS system, closing end September 25/09/2018
- Dover District Council tackles poorly maintained town centre properties 25/09/2018
- Parliamentary Motion celebrates Sixth Edinburgh Traditional Building Festival 25/09/2018
- Secure your place at the heart of ‘Creative Conservation’, with sector leads (AHF, HE, THA etc.) + case studies + networks + stands: 4 Oct – ‘Cost effective and creative CPD, from London IHBC!’ 21/09/2018
- IHBC’s special Branch outreach and support uplift – All you need on your annual operations as new ‘IHBC Branch Operations’ and ‘Social Media Guidance’ launched! 21/09/2018
- IHBC’s HESPR top pick from £1.2M+ costed work this week: Dover DC seeks services relating to Maison Dieu – closing 10/10, valued £52k 21/09/2018
- IHBC’s CPD boost with a twist: Context’s distillation in ‘Periodically’ … and fast too! 21/09/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the (theatre) doorstep’: Theatre Royal Plymouth granted listed status – and Stage touts! 21/09/2018
- Government faces court action from FoE over ‘illegal’ planning policy 21/09/2018
- Seven Welsh high streets shortlisted for Great British High Street awards 21/09/2018
- ‘Prioritisation within built heritage’ – BEFS’ calls for ideas 21/09/2018
- Uxbridge homeowner who built illegal extensions ordered to pay nearly £10k in fines by court 21/09/2018
- Vic Soc Top 10 list reveals eclectic selection of endangered buildings 21/09/2018
- New HE & IHBC joint Webinar pilot: First online offerings and updates with ‘Enforcement’ focus – webinars from 11 Oct, with booking open now! 18/09/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Practice Spotlight’: Crumbling masonry in GII Gothic house cleaned up following S.215 ‘Untidy Sites Notice’ – ‘powers not used enough…’ says the IHBC 18/09/2018
- IHBC’s Context ‘CPD boost’- A heritage conservation revolution, in context 18/09/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage on the doorstep’: York Civic Trust on ‘the first modern lesbian’ 18/09/2018
Daily Archives: 17/10/2017
IHBC Marsh Awards 2018 launched: Nominations for retired IHBC members and New Heritage Learners – Closing end Feb 2018
The IHBC’s Marsh Awards, developed in partnership with the Marsh Christian Trust, has entered its third year with the launch of the 2018 Awards, to celebrate retired IHBC members and successful learners in heritage practice, with prizes that include £500 and … Continue reading
IHBC’s Wiki partner Designing Buildings Wiki, the construction sector’s knowledge base, offers readers a ‘Brexit compilation’ that may be of interest to IHBC members.
Designing Buildings Wiki (DBW) has featured Context’s ‘A pigsty’s hidden history’, on small vernacular agricultural buildings in Wales, by Cyllene Griffiths, joining DBW’s 5000 articles on offer to it 6,500 registered users and 3 million users annually. Coedtrewernau Mill and pigsty … Continue reading
The National Trust (NT) has applied for Listed Building Consent (LBC) to install window stickers in the reception area of Peckover House, to enhance visitor experience.
The Landbeach Tithe Barn in Cambridgeshire has sheets on the thatch and is urgently awaiting repairs, and the Tithe Barn Trust’s ‘Sponsor a Sheaf Campaign’ has been developed as a way to help this GII Listed thatched barn.
Applications for 50 for Free Landmark building stays are now open until midnight, Sunday 3 December 2017
The number of sites facing development on London’s green belt has more than doubled since last year, the campaigning group London Green Belt Council (LGBC) has warned. image LocalGovernment website
A new guide aims to encourage people in the arts and health services to work together to prevent illness and improve wellbeing.