Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- Going to IHBC’s 2018 School in Derry-Londonderry on Saturday? New Derry Walls Management Plan launched 19/06/2018
- Another ‘IHBC CPD Boost’ for the 2018 School: NI Branch Chair and School lead Andrew McClelland explores social takes on shared heritage in IHBC’s 2018 Yearbook 19/06/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Champions of Slough’s iconic Horlicks building lose fight for listed status 19/06/2018
- Glasgow fire: Art school’s Mackintosh building extensively damaged 19/06/2018
- Scottish Parliament explores need for legislative change in tenement maintenance 19/06/2018
- MaintenanceBooker: A new heritage website ‘to help end the misery of leaking church roofs’ 19/06/2018
- DCMS Areas of Research Interest 19/06/2018
- HE’s Places of Worship web update 19/06/2018
- North West Leicestershire DC approves plans to for Snibston colliery site 19/06/2018
- SAVE’s 2018-2019 Buildings at Risk Catalogue: ‘Revive and Survive’ due 27 June 2018 19/06/2018
- Heritage Collective, Principal Sponsor to IHBC’s 2018 School, will focus on delegate welcomes by staff 15/06/2018
- ‘IHBC Jobs etc.’ skills review: From Historic England’s ‘Taylor Review’ pilot posts to HESPR member Heritage Collective’s ‘Heritage Consultant’ opportunity 15/06/2018
- A timely ‘IHBC CPD boost’ for Belfast 2018 from the BBC, featuring Belfast Buildings Trust’s ‘Carlisle Memorial’ case study 15/06/2018
- IHBC HESPR’s pick from last week: Birmingham CC seeks conservation professional architectural services for GII* listed Highbury Hall, closing 22/06, value £400k 15/06/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Taunton Dean BC issues Urgent Works Notice to Tonedale House owners 15/06/2018
- RTPI challenges apprenticeship body’s assessment plan ruling 15/06/2018
- England’s government departments new departmental plans: THA member update 15/06/2018
- Scotland’s Culture Secretary orders review as St Peter’s Seminary future again uncertain with closure of arts company NVA 15/06/2018
- Mayor of London unveils £1.1bn vision for East Bank 15/06/2018
- Hostelling Scotland partner with Scottish Civic Trust and ScotRail on exciting new project for the Year of Young People 2018: Closing 5 July 15/06/2018
- IHBC & partners on Design & the NPPF –update on government ‘getting serious on design’ 12/06/2018
- Going to School in Belfast 2018? Don’t forget your CPD preparations 12/06/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Restoration of Sunderland’s Fulwell Mill sails complete 12/06/2018
- Historic Chapels Trust and CCT partnering for strategic review 12/06/2018
- THA responds to Treasury Committee VAT inquiry, suggesting mitigation measures 12/06/2018
Daily Archives: 17/10/2017
IHBC Marsh Awards 2018 launched: Nominations for retired IHBC members and New Heritage Learners – Closing end Feb 2018
The IHBC’s Marsh Awards, developed in partnership with the Marsh Christian Trust, has entered its third year with the launch of the 2018 Awards, to celebrate retired IHBC members and successful learners in heritage practice, with prizes that include £500 and … Continue reading
IHBC’s Wiki partner Designing Buildings Wiki, the construction sector’s knowledge base, offers readers a ‘Brexit compilation’ that may be of interest to IHBC members.
Designing Buildings Wiki (DBW) has featured Context’s ‘A pigsty’s hidden history’, on small vernacular agricultural buildings in Wales, by Cyllene Griffiths, joining DBW’s 5000 articles on offer to it 6,500 registered users and 3 million users annually. Coedtrewernau Mill and pigsty … Continue reading
The National Trust (NT) has applied for Listed Building Consent (LBC) to install window stickers in the reception area of Peckover House, to enhance visitor experience.
The Landbeach Tithe Barn in Cambridgeshire has sheets on the thatch and is urgently awaiting repairs, and the Tithe Barn Trust’s ‘Sponsor a Sheaf Campaign’ has been developed as a way to help this GII Listed thatched barn.
Applications for 50 for Free Landmark building stays are now open until midnight, Sunday 3 December 2017
The number of sites facing development on London’s green belt has more than doubled since last year, the campaigning group London Green Belt Council (LGBC) has warned. image LocalGovernment website
A new guide aims to encourage people in the arts and health services to work together to prevent illness and improve wellbeing.