Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- Jobs for all at ‘IHBC Jobs etc’: A new weekly work update on more than £50K of salaries, from church support to conservation officer! 20/02/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Stroud TC’s developing NDP heritage list – Victorian postbox, old tomb and several historic buildings…. 20/02/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Mocha Parade, Manchester – ‘neglected shopping precinct that time forgot’ to face bulldozer 20/02/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the ‘stadium’ step’: Ryan Giggs and Gary Neville’s £200m Manchester plan opposed 20/02/2018
- HES new Guidance Note on ‘Windows’ 20/02/2018
- Heritage audience insights update: Review of HE’s online advice and guidance 20/02/2018
- AHRC and EPSRC to fund 32 projects leading on future immersive experiences 20/02/2018
- CMS Committee on ‘Impact of Brexit’ on the creative, tourism and digital industries 20/02/2018
- THA survey on how heritage supports health 20/02/2018
- The Golf Ball: Next blip on London’s skyline? 20/02/2018
- IHBC’s Annual School 2018, Belfast 21-3 June: Day School lead speakers web page launched 16/02/2018
- New IHBC Toolbox Research Note on ‘Market Intelligence’ from IHBC’s Jobs etc service: LA conservation jobs update for 2017! 16/02/2018
- REMINDER IHBC members with free CPD benefits: Last chances for the LPOC Listed Property Show – 25-5 Feb, London 16/02/2018
- IHBC HESPR’s top pick from c.£1M of costed work this week: Craven DC seeks research on its ‘Great Place’ project, value £50-60K, closing 09/03 16/02/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the (local government) doorstep: Partnership’s ‘impressive payback’ for Derby’s conservation areas 16/02/2018
- IHBC’s ‘tekkie’ CPD boost: Blockchain technology transformation in the built environment 16/02/2018
- Cadw reminder: Heritage Impact Statements now needed 16/02/2018
- Gender balanced public boards for Scotland as Bill on representation passes final stage 16/02/2018
- BEFS’ Planning (Scotland) Bill – response & overview update 16/02/2018
- Allchurches Trust dispersed £15M grants 2017 16/02/2018
- Jodrell Bank nominated as UNESCO world heritage site 16/02/2018
- Janet Street-Porter’s ‘extroverted’ postmodern home listed 16/02/2018
- Jobs for all @ ‘IHBC Jobs etc’: Your new weekly update on employment opportunities totalling more than £150K of annual income! 13/02/2018
- REMINDER: FREE CPD for IHBC Members at LPOC Property Show! 13/02/2018
- IHBC member benefits abound as ‘Building Conservation Directory’ 2018 arrives: From WHS development to masonry bridges and more 13/02/2018
Daily Archives: 17/10/2017
IHBC Marsh Awards 2018 launched: Nominations for retired IHBC members and New Heritage Learners – Closing end Feb 2018
The IHBC’s Marsh Awards, developed in partnership with the Marsh Christian Trust, has entered its third year with the launch of the 2018 Awards, to celebrate retired IHBC members and successful learners in heritage practice, with prizes that include £500 and … Continue reading
IHBC’s Wiki partner Designing Buildings Wiki, the construction sector’s knowledge base, offers readers a ‘Brexit compilation’ that may be of interest to IHBC members.
Designing Buildings Wiki (DBW) has featured Context’s ‘A pigsty’s hidden history’, on small vernacular agricultural buildings in Wales, by Cyllene Griffiths, joining DBW’s 5000 articles on offer to it 6,500 registered users and 3 million users annually. Coedtrewernau Mill and pigsty … Continue reading
The National Trust (NT) has applied for Listed Building Consent (LBC) to install window stickers in the reception area of Peckover House, to enhance visitor experience.
The Landbeach Tithe Barn in Cambridgeshire has sheets on the thatch and is urgently awaiting repairs, and the Tithe Barn Trust’s ‘Sponsor a Sheaf Campaign’ has been developed as a way to help this GII Listed thatched barn.
Applications for 50 for Free Landmark building stays are now open until midnight, Sunday 3 December 2017
The number of sites facing development on London’s green belt has more than doubled since last year, the campaigning group London Green Belt Council (LGBC) has warned. image LocalGovernment website
A new guide aims to encourage people in the arts and health services to work together to prevent illness and improve wellbeing.