Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC joins Civic Voice conference, Birmingham, 19-20 Oct, with cash, stand, and chair, asking: ‘How can we balance conservation and regeneration?’ 25/09/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Birmingham Live celebrates city airport’s first terminal building being saved from bulldozers 25/09/2018
- IHBC’s ‘CPD Boost in Context’: Conservation philosophy from the IHBC Chair’s ‘Notes’, Context No. 154 25/09/2018
- Launch of ‘Partners in Planning’, in Scotland 25/09/2018
- More funding to boost services in England’s village pubs… 25/09/2018
- Theresa May says people should be proud of their council house 25/09/2018
- STBA: 3 year pilot for ‘Whole House Retrofit Toolkit’ 25/09/2018
- Scotland: New funding phase for Outdoor Learning – ‘OLiN’ 25/09/2018
- User needs survey on new OASIS system, closing end September 25/09/2018
- Dover District Council tackles poorly maintained town centre properties 25/09/2018
- Parliamentary Motion celebrates Sixth Edinburgh Traditional Building Festival 25/09/2018
- Secure your place at the heart of ‘Creative Conservation’, with sector leads (AHF, HE, THA etc.) + case studies + networks + stands: 4 Oct – ‘Cost effective and creative CPD, from London IHBC!’ 21/09/2018
- IHBC’s special Branch outreach and support uplift – All you need on your annual operations as new ‘IHBC Branch Operations’ and ‘Social Media Guidance’ launched! 21/09/2018
- IHBC’s HESPR top pick from £1.2M+ costed work this week: Dover DC seeks services relating to Maison Dieu – closing 10/10, valued £52k 21/09/2018
- IHBC’s CPD boost with a twist: Context’s distillation in ‘Periodically’ … and fast too! 21/09/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the (theatre) doorstep’: Theatre Royal Plymouth granted listed status – and Stage touts! 21/09/2018
- Government faces court action from FoE over ‘illegal’ planning policy 21/09/2018
- Seven Welsh high streets shortlisted for Great British High Street awards 21/09/2018
- ‘Prioritisation within built heritage’ – BEFS’ calls for ideas 21/09/2018
- Uxbridge homeowner who built illegal extensions ordered to pay nearly £10k in fines by court 21/09/2018
- Vic Soc Top 10 list reveals eclectic selection of endangered buildings 21/09/2018
- New HE & IHBC joint Webinar pilot: First online offerings and updates with ‘Enforcement’ focus – webinars from 11 Oct, with booking open now! 18/09/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Practice Spotlight’: Crumbling masonry in GII Gothic house cleaned up following S.215 ‘Untidy Sites Notice’ – ‘powers not used enough…’ says the IHBC 18/09/2018
- IHBC’s Context ‘CPD boost’- A heritage conservation revolution, in context 18/09/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage on the doorstep’: York Civic Trust on ‘the first modern lesbian’ 18/09/2018
Daily Archives: 14/10/2017
The latest edition of the IHBC’s membership journal Context is now out: ‘Historic Infrastructure’, featuring the learning on offer at IHBC’s Manchester 2017 Annual School in June.
IHBC at North Wales Skills Fair on 18 Oct: IHBC says ‘Hello’ to future conservation professionals… and many more!
The CITB (Construction Industry Training Board) is hosting a Skills Fair in North Wales on Wednesday 18th October and IHBC’s Kate Kendall, our Learning Education Training & Standards (LETS) Officer will advise and introduce the IHBC to attendees.
The IHBC’s heritage business listing, HESPR – the Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition scheme – offers HESPR members weekly ‘News and Tender Alert’ emails, with costed opportunities worth more than £412,000 this time, while the IHBC Director’s top pick for … Continue reading
England’s conservation opportunities and duties: 74% support Conservation Areas controls…; but only 56% of residents know they live in one!
Findings released on the anniversary of the designation of the first Conservation Area – Stamford in Lincolnshire, designated in 1967 – show that while 74% of adults living in England support powers for councils allowing them to restrict changes to … Continue reading
The government has confirmed its intention to publish a revised National Planning Policy Framework in Spring 2018, informed by wider consultations, stating that it ‘will ensure that we not only plan for the right homes in the right places, but … Continue reading
An update of Historic England’s Streets for All has been published for consultation with a closing date for comments is 9 November.
Sir David Chipperfield, whose work includes the Neues Museum in Berlin, will oversee the multi-million pound renovation of the 16th century Procuratie Vecchie, which will be opened to the public for the first time in 500 years when the project … Continue reading
Statements of Intent are now invited for the Creative Research & Development (R&D) Partnership scheme, part of the Creative Industries Clusters Programme with statements of intent due by Friday 27 October at 4pm in order to be eligible to apply … Continue reading
The Gardens Trust needs help in finding un-recognised and neglected mid to late C20 designed landscapes – those laid out between the mid 1960s and 1990 with nominations sought by 31 October.
Dumfries, in the south west of Scotland, has emerged as the happiest in Scotland, according to a recent survey.