Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- Heritage Collective, Principal Sponsor to IHBC’s 2018 School, will focus on delegate welcomes by staff 15/06/2018
- ‘IHBC Jobs etc.’ skills review: From Historic England’s ‘Taylor Review’ pilot posts to HESPR member Heritage Collective’s ‘Heritage Consultant’ opportunity 15/06/2018
- A timely ‘IHBC CPD boost’ for Belfast 2018 from the BBC, featuring Belfast Buildings Trust’s ‘Carlisle Memorial’ case study 15/06/2018
- IHBC HESPR’s pick from last week: Birmingham CC seeks conservation professional architectural services for GII* listed Highbury Hall, closing 22/06, value £400k 15/06/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Taunton Dean BC issues Urgent Works Notice to Tonedale House owners 15/06/2018
- RTPI challenges apprenticeship body’s assessment plan ruling 15/06/2018
- England’s government departments new departmental plans: THA member update 15/06/2018
- Scotland’s Culture Secretary orders review as St Peter’s Seminary future again uncertain with closure of arts company NVA 15/06/2018
- Mayor of London unveils £1.1bn vision for East Bank 15/06/2018
- Hostelling Scotland partner with Scottish Civic Trust and ScotRail on exciting new project for the Year of Young People 2018: Closing 5 July 15/06/2018
- IHBC & partners on Design & the NPPF –update on government ‘getting serious on design’ 12/06/2018
- Going to School in Belfast 2018? Don’t forget your CPD preparations 12/06/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Restoration of Sunderland’s Fulwell Mill sails complete 12/06/2018
- Historic Chapels Trust and CCT partnering for strategic review 12/06/2018
- THA responds to Treasury Committee VAT inquiry, suggesting mitigation measures 12/06/2018
- DCMS calls for more research on diversity and place-making now under fire 12/06/2018
- CPRE says countryside being lost to housing at alarming rate, despite increase in brownfield development 12/06/2018
- Scottish Council on Archives: Consultation for users of online archive catalogues, closing 22 June 12/06/2018
- New powers for England’s councils to deliver homes for local families 12/06/2018
- Take a Virtual Tour of Shakespeare’s Globe Theatre in London 12/06/2018
- IHBC’s fifth NewsBlog Branches Update: Explore Branch CPD events across the UK 08/06/2018
- Going to School in Belfast? Reminder: Don’t forget the CPD profile! 08/06/2018
- IHBC HESPR’s top pick this week: Lakeland Arts seeks QS services for Abbot Hall site, closing 11/06, value £80k 08/06/2018
- IHBC ‘CPD boost’ on early learning, from DBW: Between the campus and the workplace – ‘Transition’ support and experiences for engineers 08/06/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: £750,000 boost for regeneration of Dundee’s historic buildings 08/06/2018
Daily Archives: 14/10/2017
The latest edition of the IHBC’s membership journal Context is now out: ‘Historic Infrastructure’, featuring the learning on offer at IHBC’s Manchester 2017 Annual School in June.
IHBC at North Wales Skills Fair on 18 Oct: IHBC says ‘Hello’ to future conservation professionals… and many more!
The CITB (Construction Industry Training Board) is hosting a Skills Fair in North Wales on Wednesday 18th October and IHBC’s Kate Kendall, our Learning Education Training & Standards (LETS) Officer will advise and introduce the IHBC to attendees.
The IHBC’s heritage business listing, HESPR – the Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition scheme – offers HESPR members weekly ‘News and Tender Alert’ emails, with costed opportunities worth more than £412,000 this time, while the IHBC Director’s top pick for … Continue reading
England’s conservation opportunities and duties: 74% support Conservation Areas controls…; but only 56% of residents know they live in one!
Findings released on the anniversary of the designation of the first Conservation Area – Stamford in Lincolnshire, designated in 1967 – show that while 74% of adults living in England support powers for councils allowing them to restrict changes to … Continue reading
The government has confirmed its intention to publish a revised National Planning Policy Framework in Spring 2018, informed by wider consultations, stating that it ‘will ensure that we not only plan for the right homes in the right places, but … Continue reading
An update of Historic England’s Streets for All has been published for consultation with a closing date for comments is 9 November.
Sir David Chipperfield, whose work includes the Neues Museum in Berlin, will oversee the multi-million pound renovation of the 16th century Procuratie Vecchie, which will be opened to the public for the first time in 500 years when the project … Continue reading
Statements of Intent are now invited for the Creative Research & Development (R&D) Partnership scheme, part of the Creative Industries Clusters Programme with statements of intent due by Friday 27 October at 4pm in order to be eligible to apply … Continue reading
The Gardens Trust needs help in finding un-recognised and neglected mid to late C20 designed landscapes – those laid out between the mid 1960s and 1990 with nominations sought by 31 October.
Dumfries, in the south west of Scotland, has emerged as the happiest in Scotland, according to a recent survey.