Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- Jobs for all at ‘IHBC Jobs etc’: A new weekly work update on more than £50K of salaries, from church support to conservation officer! 20/02/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Stroud TC’s developing NDP heritage list – Victorian postbox, old tomb and several historic buildings…. 20/02/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Mocha Parade, Manchester – ‘neglected shopping precinct that time forgot’ to face bulldozer 20/02/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the ‘stadium’ step’: Ryan Giggs and Gary Neville’s £200m Manchester plan opposed 20/02/2018
- HES new Guidance Note on ‘Windows’ 20/02/2018
- Heritage audience insights update: Review of HE’s online advice and guidance 20/02/2018
- AHRC and EPSRC to fund 32 projects leading on future immersive experiences 20/02/2018
- CMS Committee on ‘Impact of Brexit’ on the creative, tourism and digital industries 20/02/2018
- THA survey on how heritage supports health 20/02/2018
- The Golf Ball: Next blip on London’s skyline? 20/02/2018
- IHBC’s Annual School 2018, Belfast 21-3 June: Day School lead speakers web page launched 16/02/2018
- New IHBC Toolbox Research Note on ‘Market Intelligence’ from IHBC’s Jobs etc service: LA conservation jobs update for 2017! 16/02/2018
- REMINDER IHBC members with free CPD benefits: Last chances for the LPOC Listed Property Show – 25-5 Feb, London 16/02/2018
- IHBC HESPR’s top pick from c.£1M of costed work this week: Craven DC seeks research on its ‘Great Place’ project, value £50-60K, closing 09/03 16/02/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the (local government) doorstep: Partnership’s ‘impressive payback’ for Derby’s conservation areas 16/02/2018
- IHBC’s ‘tekkie’ CPD boost: Blockchain technology transformation in the built environment 16/02/2018
- Cadw reminder: Heritage Impact Statements now needed 16/02/2018
- Gender balanced public boards for Scotland as Bill on representation passes final stage 16/02/2018
- BEFS’ Planning (Scotland) Bill – response & overview update 16/02/2018
- Allchurches Trust dispersed £15M grants 2017 16/02/2018
- Jodrell Bank nominated as UNESCO world heritage site 16/02/2018
- Janet Street-Porter’s ‘extroverted’ postmodern home listed 16/02/2018
- Jobs for all @ ‘IHBC Jobs etc’: Your new weekly update on employment opportunities totalling more than £150K of annual income! 13/02/2018
- REMINDER: FREE CPD for IHBC Members at LPOC Property Show! 13/02/2018
- IHBC member benefits abound as ‘Building Conservation Directory’ 2018 arrives: From WHS development to masonry bridges and more 13/02/2018
Daily Archives: 14/10/2017
The latest edition of the IHBC’s membership journal Context is now out: ‘Historic Infrastructure’, featuring the learning on offer at IHBC’s Manchester 2017 Annual School in June.
IHBC at North Wales Skills Fair on 18 Oct: IHBC says ‘Hello’ to future conservation professionals… and many more!
The CITB (Construction Industry Training Board) is hosting a Skills Fair in North Wales on Wednesday 18th October and IHBC’s Kate Kendall, our Learning Education Training & Standards (LETS) Officer will advise and introduce the IHBC to attendees.
The IHBC’s heritage business listing, HESPR – the Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition scheme – offers HESPR members weekly ‘News and Tender Alert’ emails, with costed opportunities worth more than £412,000 this time, while the IHBC Director’s top pick for … Continue reading
England’s conservation opportunities and duties: 74% support Conservation Areas controls…; but only 56% of residents know they live in one!
Findings released on the anniversary of the designation of the first Conservation Area – Stamford in Lincolnshire, designated in 1967 – show that while 74% of adults living in England support powers for councils allowing them to restrict changes to … Continue reading
The government has confirmed its intention to publish a revised National Planning Policy Framework in Spring 2018, informed by wider consultations, stating that it ‘will ensure that we not only plan for the right homes in the right places, but … Continue reading
An update of Historic England’s Streets for All has been published for consultation with a closing date for comments is 9 November.
Sir David Chipperfield, whose work includes the Neues Museum in Berlin, will oversee the multi-million pound renovation of the 16th century Procuratie Vecchie, which will be opened to the public for the first time in 500 years when the project … Continue reading
Statements of Intent are now invited for the Creative Research & Development (R&D) Partnership scheme, part of the Creative Industries Clusters Programme with statements of intent due by Friday 27 October at 4pm in order to be eligible to apply … Continue reading
The Gardens Trust needs help in finding un-recognised and neglected mid to late C20 designed landscapes – those laid out between the mid 1960s and 1990 with nominations sought by 31 October.
Dumfries, in the south west of Scotland, has emerged as the happiest in Scotland, according to a recent survey.