Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC extends private sector support for applicants: Free IHBC CPD ‘MATE’s update, for a CgMS audience 20/10/2017
- IHBC welcomes new research on LPA Urban Design services: Confirms England’s housing delivery threatened by design skills shortage 20/10/2017
- SCT launches IHBC-supported Annual Conference – 50 years of Conservation Areas and Trusts: 27 November, Glasgow 20/10/2017
- Last chance: IHBC seeks ‘Consultant Policy Advisor’ – Closes 23 October 20/10/2017
- IHBC HESPR’s top pick from c.£600,000+ of costed work this week: Quinquennial inspection of Leicestershire church 20/10/2017
- IHBC CPD boost: Mimetic architecture scandal with bribery and corruption takes the biscuit… from DBW 20/10/2017
- Work on Cardiff’s Coal Exchange examined to see if it goes beyond planning consent 20/10/2017
- RTPI World Town Planning Day 2017 Schools Competition: Closing World Town Planning Day – 8 Nov 20/10/2017
- Impact of Brexit and local authorities’ role to be examined by Commons Select Committee: Calls close 14 Nov 20/10/2017
- Bolton’s Beehive Mills demolition plan to go ahead as Government cancels planning inquiry 20/10/2017
- Blackpool’s piers placed on WMF heritage watch list: Include GII listed 20/10/2017
- IHBC Marsh Awards 2018 launched: Nominations for retired IHBC members and New Heritage Learners – Closing end Feb 2018 17/10/2017
- IHBC CPD boost on current affairs: DBW does Brexit compilation 17/10/2017
- DBW on Wales: Featuring Context 149 on ‘A pigsty’s hidden history’ 17/10/2017
- NT’s seeks LBC for window stickers in Peckover House to enhance visitor experience 17/10/2017
- GII Tithe Barn Trust runs ‘Sponsor a Sheaf’ campaign 17/10/2017
- Applications for 50 for free Landmark stays now open until midnight 3 December 2017 17/10/2017
- London Green Belt Council (LGBC): Green belt sites pegged for development ‘doubled’ 17/10/2017
- Guide encourages cooperation between arts and health sector 17/10/2017
- New 2017 School Context out: Latest issue on Manchester 2017, ‘Historic Infrastructure’ 14/10/2017
- IHBC at North Wales Skills Fair on 18 Oct: IHBC says ‘Hello’ to future conservation professionals… and many more! 14/10/2017
- IHBC HESPR’s weekly top picks from £412,000+ of costed work: CA Appraisals for Newport 14/10/2017
- England’s conservation opportunities and duties: 74% support Conservation Areas controls…; but only 56% of residents know they live in one! 14/10/2017
- DCLG confirms revised National Planning Policy Framework in Spring 2018 following consultations 14/10/2017
- HE publishes update of Streets for All for consultation, closing 9 Nov 14/10/2017
Daily Archives: 06/10/2017
IHBC’s Course Connection Day 2017: Free support & networking for conservation-curious student reps, Brum, 23 Nov – Ask Carla ASAP!
The IHBC’s celebrated ‘Course Connection Day’ takes a new twist in 2017 as students on any UK specialist course can apply to join the IHBC for a free, expenses-paid introductory day of conservation and career support, with limited places allocated … Continue reading
Still time to apply for the role of Consultant Policy advisor and:
IHBC supports CV’s online survey call to ‘Tell the APPG for Civic Societies how conservation cuts are impacting your area’
The IHBC is encouraging anyone with an interest in England’s heritage to support the call by Civic Voice (CV) to ‘Tell the All Party Parliamentary Group (APPG) for Civic Societies how conservation cuts are impacting your local area’ by completing … Continue reading
The IHBC’s heritage business listing, HESPR – the Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition scheme – offers HESPR members weekly ‘News and Tender Alert’ emails, with costed opportunities worth more than £174,000 this time, while the IHBC Director’s top pick for … Continue reading
Friday 6 October is Scotland’s first ever Heritage Awareness Day, celebrating History, Heritage and Archaeology in the themed year 2017.
The mayor of Liverpool has created a taskforce to work to ‘reset’ its relationship with UNESCO after the body threatened to remove the city’s world heritage status.
Neave Brown has been named the winner of the RIBA’s 2018 Royal Gold Medal, the only living architect to have had all his UK schemes listed, and perhaps best known for his visionary 1970s Alexandra Road estate near Swiss Cottage … Continue reading
The Supporting Places of Worship in Wales Survey 2017, organised by the National Churches Trust on behalf of the Welsh Places of Worship Forum, highlights some of the problems being faced by many Welsh churches and chapels. image NCT website
On Wednesday 11 October World Monuments Fund Britain is holding a celebration event at the Wallace Collection, marking 20 years of restoration at Stowe House. image WMF website
The BBC reports that repair costs for the Elizabeth Tower in the Palace of Westminster have doubled to an estimated £61m, parliamentary authorities have said, with FAQs also available online. Parliamentary copyright images are reproduced with the permission of Parliament
Two major grants have recently been awarded to the project to restore Hay Castle, with £76,000 awarded by the Big Lottery People and Places Rural Programme, and £92,000 granted by the Welsh Government Rural Communities – Rural Development Programme.