Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- New data for IHBC’s ‘LB Prosecutions Database’: Following Boston fine update, more case updates sought 20/03/2018
- IHBC 2018 Yearbook and School theme taster: HES ‘Engine Shed’ public education programme now out 20/03/2018
- IHBC’s School-inspired ‘CPD boost’, via Conservation Wiki, DBW and Context: James Caird’s ‘Tapestry of transport’ 20/03/2018
- IHBC CPD boost: Check the library of sustainable building materials at Glasgow’s Lighthouse 20/03/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Guildford campaigners fear sell-off could mean end for GII listed building 20/03/2018
- Twentieth Century Society report scopes out UK’s modern Conservation Areas 20/03/2018
- Court ruling for switching off CCTV at times of worship 20/03/2018
- Civic Voice APPG update: Griff says without resourced councils England more ‘likely to end up with wrong homes in the wrong places’ 20/03/2018
- Milton Keynes 14-storey ‘luxury’ Hotel La Tour approved 20/03/2018
- HE announces ‘Immortalised’: A hunt for the nation’s secret, forgotten or unknown memorial 20/03/2018
- Update on London becoming world’s first #NationalParkCity 2019 20/03/2018
- Highways England ‘Opens Doors’ to behind the scenes construction sites for the 2018 ‘Year of Engineering’ 20/03/2018
- IHBC update on Civic Societies APPG on draft NPPF: ‘Will it deliver England’s future homes?’: ‘Not a chance’ say all! 16/03/2018
- REMINDER: IHBC member survey reminder on interim report: ‘Are we missing anything’? 16/03/2018
- Check out IHBC NI Branch Chair’s Manchester video lead up to Belfast’s 2018 School 16/03/2018
- IHBC HESPR’s top pick from up to c.£1.8+M of costed work this week: Haringey Council’s Bruce Grove Toilet Restoration project, closing 26/03, valued £25-50K 16/03/2018
- IHBC’s outreach and recruitment update on NFB’s Heritage Group conference: Gorton Monastery, Manchester, 7 March 16/03/2018
- IHBC CPD in Context: Violet Pinwill, woodcarver to Devon and Cornwall 16/03/2018
- UPVC windows on Boston, Lincs, Grade II listed building lead to £1,430+ fine from magistrates 16/03/2018
- UCL’s ISH call: Ecclesiastical Insurance Bursary for 2018-2019 – closes 18 June 16/03/2018
- New London Awards 2018 now open for entries – deadline 29 March 16/03/2018
- British Islamic heritage celebrated by Historic England 16/03/2018
- Historic Environment Scotland unveils new £12M Investment Plan 16/03/2018
- Gladstone’s Library: Architect-led Submissions sought for new building and redevelopment of GI building & landscape 16/03/2018
- Iconic Spaghetti Junction immortalised in new Birmingham attraction 16/03/2018
Daily Archives: 06/10/2017
IHBC’s Course Connection Day 2017: Free support & networking for conservation-curious student reps, Brum, 23 Nov – Ask Carla ASAP!
The IHBC’s celebrated ‘Course Connection Day’ takes a new twist in 2017 as students on any UK specialist course can apply to join the IHBC for a free, expenses-paid introductory day of conservation and career support, with limited places allocated … Continue reading
Still time to apply for the role of Consultant Policy advisor and:
IHBC supports CV’s online survey call to ‘Tell the APPG for Civic Societies how conservation cuts are impacting your area’
The IHBC is encouraging anyone with an interest in England’s heritage to support the call by Civic Voice (CV) to ‘Tell the All Party Parliamentary Group (APPG) for Civic Societies how conservation cuts are impacting your local area’ by completing … Continue reading
The IHBC’s heritage business listing, HESPR – the Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition scheme – offers HESPR members weekly ‘News and Tender Alert’ emails, with costed opportunities worth more than £174,000 this time, while the IHBC Director’s top pick for … Continue reading
Friday 6 October is Scotland’s first ever Heritage Awareness Day, celebrating History, Heritage and Archaeology in the themed year 2017.
The mayor of Liverpool has created a taskforce to work to ‘reset’ its relationship with UNESCO after the body threatened to remove the city’s world heritage status.
Neave Brown has been named the winner of the RIBA’s 2018 Royal Gold Medal, the only living architect to have had all his UK schemes listed, and perhaps best known for his visionary 1970s Alexandra Road estate near Swiss Cottage … Continue reading
The Supporting Places of Worship in Wales Survey 2017, organised by the National Churches Trust on behalf of the Welsh Places of Worship Forum, highlights some of the problems being faced by many Welsh churches and chapels. image NCT website
On Wednesday 11 October World Monuments Fund Britain is holding a celebration event at the Wallace Collection, marking 20 years of restoration at Stowe House. image WMF website
The BBC reports that repair costs for the Elizabeth Tower in the Palace of Westminster have doubled to an estimated £61m, parliamentary authorities have said, with FAQs also available online. Parliamentary copyright images are reproduced with the permission of Parliament
Two major grants have recently been awarded to the project to restore Hay Castle, with £76,000 awarded by the Big Lottery People and Places Rural Programme, and £92,000 granted by the Welsh Government Rural Communities – Rural Development Programme.