Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC’s sixth NewsBlog Branches Update: Explore Branch CPD events across the UK 13/07/2018
- IHBC’s latest ‘Jobs etc’ skills review: From private to public sector posts (and both) 13/07/2018
- IHBC welcomes RSK to HESPR, as IHBC’s unique interdisciplinary quality assurance service now nears 40 13/07/2018
- IHBC HESPR’s top NewsBlog pick from £450K of costed work this week: Herefordshire Council seeks consultant for city design guide, closing 30/07, value £80k 13/07/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: ‘Norwich deserves better’ – HE warns it will fight Anglia Square development 13/07/2018
- RTPI: Planning absent from top table in 83% of councils in the UK, despite statutory function 13/07/2018
- Heritage Ability finalists in the National Lottery Awards! 13/07/2018
- ChurchCare: Further Faculty Rules consultation – closes 6 August 13/07/2018
- Incredible interactive panoramic cityscape lets you ‘fly’ across London at sunset 13/07/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Shared heritage in action’ in Belfast: NI Branch thanks delegates, volunteers, sponsors, supporters, School Friends and more, for making 2018 School such a success 10/07/2018
- IHBC’s CPD boost: Caithness Broch Project and some of the secrets of broch building 10/07/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: EastEnders actress June Brown backs campaign to save Leas Pavilion from developer 10/07/2018
- Unesco announces range of new World Heritage Sites 10/07/2018
- New UK parliamentary group – APPG – formed on good design and placemaking, supported by by ACE 10/07/2018
- England’s planning appeal inquiries review with terms of reference announced 10/07/2018
- Hand-Arm Vibration Syndrome (HAVS) failures cost Balfour Beatty £695,000 10/07/2018
- Sites of suffragette protest and sabotage recognised in England’s lists 10/07/2018
- Launch of UK’s Great British High Street competition 2018 10/07/2018
- IHBC North West Branch Day Conference: ‘The Work of Faith’, 18th October, Liverpool 07/07/2018
- IHBC’s International Strategy moves forward: ‘Please let us know of any links, suggestions or proposals’! 07/07/2018
- IHBC update: ‘Urgent support needed in bid for c.50 doctoral studies on timber & construction – Responses to Bangor University before 15 July’ 07/07/2018
- IHBC HESPR’s top pick this week from £600K costed work: Durham CC seeks Heritage Consultant for Seaham Round 2 TH, closing 20/07, value £36k 07/07/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Historic Masonic lodge to be turned into flats in Aberdeen 07/07/2018
- FMB: Nearly 80% of builders and consumers support licensing construction 07/07/2018
- HLF ‘Policy Directions’ consultation 07/07/2018
Daily Archives: 06/10/2017
IHBC’s Course Connection Day 2017: Free support & networking for conservation-curious student reps, Brum, 23 Nov – Ask Carla ASAP!
The IHBC’s celebrated ‘Course Connection Day’ takes a new twist in 2017 as students on any UK specialist course can apply to join the IHBC for a free, expenses-paid introductory day of conservation and career support, with limited places allocated … Continue reading
Still time to apply for the role of Consultant Policy advisor and:
IHBC supports CV’s online survey call to ‘Tell the APPG for Civic Societies how conservation cuts are impacting your area’
The IHBC is encouraging anyone with an interest in England’s heritage to support the call by Civic Voice (CV) to ‘Tell the All Party Parliamentary Group (APPG) for Civic Societies how conservation cuts are impacting your local area’ by completing … Continue reading
The IHBC’s heritage business listing, HESPR – the Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition scheme – offers HESPR members weekly ‘News and Tender Alert’ emails, with costed opportunities worth more than £174,000 this time, while the IHBC Director’s top pick for … Continue reading
Friday 6 October is Scotland’s first ever Heritage Awareness Day, celebrating History, Heritage and Archaeology in the themed year 2017.
The mayor of Liverpool has created a taskforce to work to ‘reset’ its relationship with UNESCO after the body threatened to remove the city’s world heritage status.
Neave Brown has been named the winner of the RIBA’s 2018 Royal Gold Medal, the only living architect to have had all his UK schemes listed, and perhaps best known for his visionary 1970s Alexandra Road estate near Swiss Cottage … Continue reading
The Supporting Places of Worship in Wales Survey 2017, organised by the National Churches Trust on behalf of the Welsh Places of Worship Forum, highlights some of the problems being faced by many Welsh churches and chapels. image NCT website
On Wednesday 11 October World Monuments Fund Britain is holding a celebration event at the Wallace Collection, marking 20 years of restoration at Stowe House. image WMF website
The BBC reports that repair costs for the Elizabeth Tower in the Palace of Westminster have doubled to an estimated £61m, parliamentary authorities have said, with FAQs also available online. Parliamentary copyright images are reproduced with the permission of Parliament
Two major grants have recently been awarded to the project to restore Hay Castle, with £76,000 awarded by the Big Lottery People and Places Rural Programme, and £92,000 granted by the Welsh Government Rural Communities – Rural Development Programme.