Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC on Project Management at Bishop Auckland, 18/19 Oct: CIOB President (and newly accredited Full IHBC member) helps spread the word! 16/09/2017
- IHBC and COTAC jointly welcome BIM4Heritage’s launch conference 16/09/2017
- HESPR’s weekly tenders @ £2.3Million+ of costed work: Top picks – Stock condition survey @£70-100k, and C&MPs for Brighton Royal Pavilion Garden 16/09/2017
- IHBC CPD in depth and in Context: ‘Reconciling conservation and sustainable development’ 16/09/2017
- ARB pre-consultation survey: Exploring ‘appropriate qualifications and training’ for architects – closes midnight, 2 October 16/09/2017
- Parliamentary update: Culture, Media & Sport Committee – membership confirmed 16/09/2017
- An Inspector concludes… ‘Townhouse restoration outweighs loss of housing despite marginal supply’ 16/09/2017
- Grenfell Tower fire: Inquiry ‘can and will provide answers’ 16/09/2017
- 60 years on: Planning inspectorate rules that Somerset lane is not a right of way 16/09/2017
- Spot the Bull: Time-lapse video shows revamp of Bracknell town centre 16/09/2017
- ‘What is a marketing exercise for ‘BAR’ and ‘HAR’? IHBC answers in our new ToolBox Guidance Note on ‘Marketing of heritage assets’ 12/09/2017
- Answers to car parking in conservation areas: ‘Conservation and Urbanism’ in IHBC’s Context 150 12/09/2017
- DBW selection from Open House London 2017 festival: 16/17 September 12/09/2017
- Do you know anyone who deserves a national honour? If so, DCMS wants to hear from you! 12/09/2017
- Nominations for Ecclesiastical’s Heritage Heroes Awards 2017: Open till 30 Sept 12/09/2017
- THA on Health, 2 October: ‘Is heritage good for your health?’ 12/09/2017
- Robin Hood Gardens demolition is an ‘act of vandalism’ says Simon Smithson 12/09/2017
- Call for Entries 2018: European Union Prize For Cultural Heritage / Europa Nostra Awards, closing 1 Oct 12/09/2017
- HE online discussion: Challenges for Archaeology – 20/21 Sept 12/09/2017
- The Roman Roads of Britain Visualized as a Subway Map 12/09/2017
- Heritage 2020 @HeritageChat a twitter initiative for historic environment sector 12/09/2017
- Free 1-year IHBC membership for new students on any IHBC Recognised Conservation Course: Another IHBC boost! 08/09/2017
- IHBC’s joint ‘Conservation Professional Practice Principles’ post-outs under way, with planned circulation to c.17,000 by 2018 08/09/2017
- HESPR’s top pick from £150,000+ of costed work this week: London borough seeks ‘design brief & outline business case for a heritage & cultural centre’, closing 22 September, valued £65,000 08/09/2017
- Conservation Wiki and DBW feature retrofit in the National Trust from IHBC’s Context ‘Green Retrofit’ 08/09/2017
Daily Archives: 12/09/2017
‘What is a marketing exercise for ‘BAR’ and ‘HAR’? IHBC answers in our new ToolBox Guidance Note on ‘Marketing of heritage assets’
If you are looking for answers to marketing your heritage at risk (HAR), check out the IHBC’s new Guidance Note on the ‘Marketing of heritage assets’, just launched on our ToolBox resource (GN2017/6).
Architect Planner and engineer Colin Davis outlines a few ideas on how to integrate parked cars as effectively as possible into conservation areas while still conforming to current legislation and rules regarding cars parked on public land’.
Designing Buildings Wiki (DBW) has selected some of the most interesting buildings to check on 16 and 17 September as part of Open House London festival of architecture and design.
The Department for Culture, Media and Sport is accepting nominations for candidates whose activities fall within their remit, i.e. sports, the creative industries, including fashion design and advertising, art, music, film, museums, tourism and hospitality, libraries, heritage, archaeology, broadcasting and … Continue reading
Nominations for the Ecclesiastical Heritage Heroes Award, 2017, the Heritage Alliance’s celebration of the achievements of volunteers are now being accepted up until 30 September.
The Heritage Alliance has announced that booking is now open for their annual debate scheduled for Monday 2 October at The Adelphi Suite, The Waldorf Hilton: ‘Is heritage good for your health?’
Simon Smithson, the son of the architects behind the soon-to-be-demolished Robin Hood Gardens, has attacked politicians for tampering with the heritage-listing system, to erase prime examples of the UK’s post-war architecture.
Call for Entries 2018: European Union Prize For Cultural Heritage / Europa Nostra Awards, closing 1 Oct
Applications for the next edition of the EU Prize for Cultural Heritage / Europa Nostra Awards, taking place during the European Year of Cultural Heritage 2018, can be submitted until 1 October 2017.
The Historic England LinkedIn group is having an online discussion in the 21 Century Challenges for Archaeology series on 20– 21 September entitled ‘New models for advisory services: potential future roles for local authority archaeology services and Historic England’.
Sasha Trubetskoy, an undergraduate statistics major at the University of Chicago, has made a Roman Roads of Britain Network Map in the graphic-design style of the subway maps you’ll find in London or any other major city today.
Heritage 2020 sets up monthly #HeritageChat for the historic environment sector using the handle @HeritageChat.