Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- New arrangements for National Amenity Society statutory consultations in England: IHBC’s ToolBox Guidance Note now out 17/11/2017
- IHBC Scotland Branch AGM follows SCT’s IHBC-supported Conference on ‘Conservation Areas’: 27 November, Glasgow 17/11/2017
- IHBC members: Can you help? ‘Bats in Churches’ survey closes 30 Nov 17/11/2017
- IHBC HESPR’s weekly top weekly pick from c.£3.8M+ costed work: HE seeks research on ‘the Roman London Riverside Wall’, up to £9000, closing 30/11 17/11/2017
- IHBC Rural Panel offers CPD boost on ‘Vulnerability Brown’: The Gardens Trust on Capability Brown landscapes at risk 17/11/2017
- IHBC welcomes VAG bursaries for winter conference, closing 4 December: Theme ‘Vernacular survival’, 6-7 Jan, Leicester 17/11/2017
- Royal Incorporation of Architects in Scotland (RIAS) Special Notice: Hon Secretary Neil Baxter stands down 17/11/2017
- A piece of Leeds heritage – Temple Mill in Holbeck – for (from) £1? 17/11/2017
- Irresponsible development razes GII Tudno Castle Hotel, Llandudno 17/11/2017
- Derry/Londonderry historic core voted RTPI NI’s ‘Best Place’ 17/11/2017
- Pressure mounts on Plymouth council to sort crumbling Palace Theatre 17/11/2017
- Nuclear shelter vent turned into R2D2 from Star Wars 17/11/2017
- IHBC welcomes DD Architects to our HESPR register: ‘Companies large and small gain from special HESPR’s service support and benefits’ 15/11/2017
- IHBC CPD boost on ‘IPR’ from Design council: What is Intellectual Property? – An expert’s introduction 15/11/2017
- Liverpool takes back £7m parks deal from private firm 15/11/2017
- Interactive map of construction activity across UK and Ireland launched 15/11/2017
- DExEU releases a list of 58 sectors with written impact assessments relating to Brexit 15/11/2017
- THA: Heritage and Health Questionnaire for England 15/11/2017
- £5m project to turn Wedgwood Institute into new enterprise centre 15/11/2017
- Thousands of Rome’s historical images digitized 15/11/2017
- Telegraph on England’s ‘at-risk churches’: Number grows as Historic England warns dwindling congregations are struggling 15/11/2017
- BBC on conservation conundrums: V&A to display Robin Hood Gardens Brutalist flats 15/11/2017
- IHBC 2018 School, Belfast, 21-23 June – First marker: ‘Heritage Collective’ (HESPR member) welcomed as Principal School Sponsor 10/11/2017
- LAST CHANCE – IHBC’s Course Connection Day 2017! 10/11/2017
- IHBC, heritage and client bodies partner to warn government of flawed policy in retrofitting older homes 10/11/2017
Daily Archives: 12/09/2017
‘What is a marketing exercise for ‘BAR’ and ‘HAR’? IHBC answers in our new ToolBox Guidance Note on ‘Marketing of heritage assets’
If you are looking for answers to marketing your heritage at risk (HAR), check out the IHBC’s new Guidance Note on the ‘Marketing of heritage assets’, just launched on our ToolBox resource (GN2017/6).
Architect Planner and engineer Colin Davis outlines a few ideas on how to integrate parked cars as effectively as possible into conservation areas while still conforming to current legislation and rules regarding cars parked on public land’.
Designing Buildings Wiki (DBW) has selected some of the most interesting buildings to check on 16 and 17 September as part of Open House London festival of architecture and design.
The Department for Culture, Media and Sport is accepting nominations for candidates whose activities fall within their remit, i.e. sports, the creative industries, including fashion design and advertising, art, music, film, museums, tourism and hospitality, libraries, heritage, archaeology, broadcasting and … Continue reading
Nominations for the Ecclesiastical Heritage Heroes Award, 2017, the Heritage Alliance’s celebration of the achievements of volunteers are now being accepted up until 30 September.
The Heritage Alliance has announced that booking is now open for their annual debate scheduled for Monday 2 October at The Adelphi Suite, The Waldorf Hilton: ‘Is heritage good for your health?’
Simon Smithson, the son of the architects behind the soon-to-be-demolished Robin Hood Gardens, has attacked politicians for tampering with the heritage-listing system, to erase prime examples of the UK’s post-war architecture.
Call for Entries 2018: European Union Prize For Cultural Heritage / Europa Nostra Awards, closing 1 Oct
Applications for the next edition of the EU Prize for Cultural Heritage / Europa Nostra Awards, taking place during the European Year of Cultural Heritage 2018, can be submitted until 1 October 2017.
The Historic England LinkedIn group is having an online discussion in the 21 Century Challenges for Archaeology series on 20– 21 September entitled ‘New models for advisory services: potential future roles for local authority archaeology services and Historic England’.
Sasha Trubetskoy, an undergraduate statistics major at the University of Chicago, has made a Roman Roads of Britain Network Map in the graphic-design style of the subway maps you’ll find in London or any other major city today.
Heritage 2020 sets up monthly #HeritageChat for the historic environment sector using the handle @HeritageChat.