Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- More IHBC members (and School delegates) with benefits: 2018 School Friend UAH offers 25% off select CPD-linked publications – NB: Collect at UAH only or P&P extra 23/05/2018
- Missing the IHBC’s 2018 School? Don’t forget – Money is not the barrier as bursaries are still available! 23/05/2018
- Missing the IHBC’s 2018 School – or going along? Either way, get your CPD boosts using our Day School ‘Speakers’ webpage 23/05/2018
- IHBC Annual School’s ‘Sharing’ theme shared with Ireland’s national heritage week of ‘stories’ – 18 to Sunday, 26 August, 2018 23/05/2018
- IHBC welcomes National Parks UK celebrat?ion of historic environments on ‘European Day of Parks’: 24 May 23/05/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Former mayor opposes demolition of Bath College’s Allen Building 23/05/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Neighbours bring life back into Scotland’s redundant churches, say BEFS and others 23/05/2018
- Council of Europe adopts revised directive on ‘Energy efficient buildings’ 23/05/2018
- Government consultation response to ‘Improving the use of planning conditions’ now out 23/05/2018
- UK residents can help ‘destress’ cities by mapping quiet spots 23/05/2018
- Missing the IHBC 2018 School? Prelude 1: Day School programme details now posted – 22 June, QUB, Belfast, including 2018 AGM 19/05/2018
- Missing the IHBC 2018 School? Prelude 2, as Bill Drummond outlines his take on ‘THE CURFEW TOWER: STAY HERE – MAKE ART… AND SHARE HERITAGE’ 19/05/2018
- Missing the IHBC’s 2018 School? … ‘Not’ a 2018 IHBC School prelude, but keynote Jukka Jokilehto outlines the origins of the 1993 ICOMOS Guidelines 19/05/2018
- IHBC responds to NPPF consultation: Calls time on insubstantial distinctions in levels of ‘substantial harm’, seeks new settings policies, and more…. 19/05/2018
- IHBC HESPR’s top pick this week: Nottingham CC seeks Conservation accredited architect to support Peoples Hall development, closing 23/05 19/05/2018
- IHBC CPD boost in Context: An ‘Island of architecture’ and its independent heritage trusts 19/05/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Centuries-old worker’s graffiti uncovered in renovations at Wentworth Woodhouse 19/05/2018
- Interim Raynsford Review report now out: Final consultation on 9 ‘propositions’ continues to 29 June 19/05/2018
- Cupar CARS/THI contractor bursaries for traditional building skills training: To £500 19/05/2018
- AHRC highlights Global Challenge Research Fund (GCRF) opportunities: Education in Conflict and Protracted Crises – closing 24 May 19/05/2018
- IHBC’s Council+ first ‘Taster’ feedback: Early career members bring fresh perspectives to forward planning as ‘reverse mentoring’ guides your professional body! 15/05/2018
- Updates from IHBC and Civic Voice from Civic Societies APPG on England’s Conservation Areas at Risk & new research 15/05/2018
- IHBC’s Heritage from the doorstep: 4×4 threat to England’s largest scheduled monument – Cockfield Fell 15/05/2018
- BEFS’ update on campaign to improve property maintenance and repair in Scotland 15/05/2018
- BREEAM Wiki joins IHBC on DBW: Advancing knowledge sharing and collaborative solutions… for BRE sustainability tools 15/05/2018
Daily Archives: 12/09/2017
‘What is a marketing exercise for ‘BAR’ and ‘HAR’? IHBC answers in our new ToolBox Guidance Note on ‘Marketing of heritage assets’
If you are looking for answers to marketing your heritage at risk (HAR), check out the IHBC’s new Guidance Note on the ‘Marketing of heritage assets’, just launched on our ToolBox resource (GN2017/6).
Architect Planner and engineer Colin Davis outlines a few ideas on how to integrate parked cars as effectively as possible into conservation areas while still conforming to current legislation and rules regarding cars parked on public land’.
Designing Buildings Wiki (DBW) has selected some of the most interesting buildings to check on 16 and 17 September as part of Open House London festival of architecture and design.
The Department for Culture, Media and Sport is accepting nominations for candidates whose activities fall within their remit, i.e. sports, the creative industries, including fashion design and advertising, art, music, film, museums, tourism and hospitality, libraries, heritage, archaeology, broadcasting and … Continue reading
Nominations for the Ecclesiastical Heritage Heroes Award, 2017, the Heritage Alliance’s celebration of the achievements of volunteers are now being accepted up until 30 September.
The Heritage Alliance has announced that booking is now open for their annual debate scheduled for Monday 2 October at The Adelphi Suite, The Waldorf Hilton: ‘Is heritage good for your health?’
Simon Smithson, the son of the architects behind the soon-to-be-demolished Robin Hood Gardens, has attacked politicians for tampering with the heritage-listing system, to erase prime examples of the UK’s post-war architecture.
Call for Entries 2018: European Union Prize For Cultural Heritage / Europa Nostra Awards, closing 1 Oct
Applications for the next edition of the EU Prize for Cultural Heritage / Europa Nostra Awards, taking place during the European Year of Cultural Heritage 2018, can be submitted until 1 October 2017.
The Historic England LinkedIn group is having an online discussion in the 21 Century Challenges for Archaeology series on 20– 21 September entitled ‘New models for advisory services: potential future roles for local authority archaeology services and Historic England’.
Sasha Trubetskoy, an undergraduate statistics major at the University of Chicago, has made a Roman Roads of Britain Network Map in the graphic-design style of the subway maps you’ll find in London or any other major city today.
Heritage 2020 sets up monthly #HeritageChat for the historic environment sector using the handle @HeritageChat.