Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC on Project Management at Bishop Auckland, 18/19 Oct: CIOB President (and newly accredited Full IHBC member) helps spread the word! 16/09/2017
- IHBC and COTAC jointly welcome BIM4Heritage’s launch conference 16/09/2017
- HESPR’s weekly tenders @ £2.3Million+ of costed work: Top picks – Stock condition survey @£70-100k, and C&MPs for Brighton Royal Pavilion Garden 16/09/2017
- IHBC CPD in depth and in Context: ‘Reconciling conservation and sustainable development’ 16/09/2017
- ARB pre-consultation survey: Exploring ‘appropriate qualifications and training’ for architects – closes midnight, 2 October 16/09/2017
- Parliamentary update: Culture, Media & Sport Committee – membership confirmed 16/09/2017
- An Inspector concludes… ‘Townhouse restoration outweighs loss of housing despite marginal supply’ 16/09/2017
- Grenfell Tower fire: Inquiry ‘can and will provide answers’ 16/09/2017
- 60 years on: Planning inspectorate rules that Somerset lane is not a right of way 16/09/2017
- Spot the Bull: Time-lapse video shows revamp of Bracknell town centre 16/09/2017
- ‘What is a marketing exercise for ‘BAR’ and ‘HAR’? IHBC answers in our new ToolBox Guidance Note on ‘Marketing of heritage assets’ 12/09/2017
- Answers to car parking in conservation areas: ‘Conservation and Urbanism’ in IHBC’s Context 150 12/09/2017
- DBW selection from Open House London 2017 festival: 16/17 September 12/09/2017
- Do you know anyone who deserves a national honour? If so, DCMS wants to hear from you! 12/09/2017
- Nominations for Ecclesiastical’s Heritage Heroes Awards 2017: Open till 30 Sept 12/09/2017
- THA on Health, 2 October: ‘Is heritage good for your health?’ 12/09/2017
- Robin Hood Gardens demolition is an ‘act of vandalism’ says Simon Smithson 12/09/2017
- Call for Entries 2018: European Union Prize For Cultural Heritage / Europa Nostra Awards, closing 1 Oct 12/09/2017
- HE online discussion: Challenges for Archaeology – 20/21 Sept 12/09/2017
- The Roman Roads of Britain Visualized as a Subway Map 12/09/2017
- Heritage 2020 @HeritageChat a twitter initiative for historic environment sector 12/09/2017
- Free 1-year IHBC membership for new students on any IHBC Recognised Conservation Course: Another IHBC boost! 08/09/2017
- IHBC’s joint ‘Conservation Professional Practice Principles’ post-outs under way, with planned circulation to c.17,000 by 2018 08/09/2017
- HESPR’s top pick from £150,000+ of costed work this week: London borough seeks ‘design brief & outline business case for a heritage & cultural centre’, closing 22 September, valued £65,000 08/09/2017
- Conservation Wiki and DBW feature retrofit in the National Trust from IHBC’s Context ‘Green Retrofit’ 08/09/2017
Daily Archives: 08/09/2017
Free 1-year IHBC membership for new students on any IHBC Recognised Conservation Course: Another IHBC boost!
The IHBC is delighted to announce that students in the first year of an IHBC Recognised Conservation Course can have up to one year free membership of the professional body – simply join online!
IHBC’s joint ‘Conservation Professional Practice Principles’ post-outs under way, with planned circulation to c.17,000 by 2018
As the IHBC promotes the widest dissemination of our joint statement on built and historic environment conservation practice, the ‘Conservation Professional Practice Principles’ – our current post-out to members is tied to a planned circulation of up to 17,000 by … Continue reading
HESPR’s top pick from £150,000+ of costed work this week: London borough seeks ‘design brief & outline business case for a heritage & cultural centre’, closing 22 September, valued £65,000
The IHBC’s heritage business listing, HESPR – the Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition scheme – offers members a weekly ‘News and Tender Alert’ that brings business opportunities together into one handy resource – this week with costed work at £150,000 … Continue reading
Conservation Wiki and DBW feature retrofit in the National Trust from IHBC’s Context ‘Green Retrofit’
Paul Southall, environmental advisor at the National Trust explores ‘Energy efficiency for the National Trust’ in his article for the IHBC’s member journal Context special issue on ‘Green Retrofit’, which is now featured on the IHBC and Designing Buildings Wiki … Continue reading
Heritage Open Days is England’s largest festival of history and culture, bringing together over 2,500 organisations, 5,000 events and 40,000 volunteers. Every year for four days in September, places across the country throw open their doors to celebrate their heritage, … Continue reading
HE highlights TCPA’s 70th anniversary online and in debate – From Hugh Ellis and Bob Kindred to Birgitta Ringbeck and Deborah Mays
Historic England has launched its next ‘Heritage Online Debate’ (successor to the Conservation Bulletin), a celebration of the 70th Anniversary of the 1947 Town and Country Planning Act – ‘The Mother of All Planning Acts’ – which marked the ‘birth … Continue reading
Scotland’s First Minister Nicola Sturgeon has launched her Programme for Government for 2017/2018, which confirms that planning, climate change and Crown Estate bills will be introduced.
High Speed 2 (HS2) Ltd. has published its ‘Phase One Historic Environment Research and Delivery Strategy’, which intends to cover ‘all aspects of the historic environment including built heritage, archaeology and the historic landscape.’
Elmbridge Borough Council has launched a new planning compliance service to carry investigations into breaches of planning control.
The ‘wilful destruction’ of a 400-year-old Jacobean ceiling in the heart of Bristol’s Old City has sparked calls for a planning loophole to be closed.
A London office block described as a ‘bright red hideous mess’ has been named the UK’s worst building in the Building Design Magazine (BD) 2017 Carbuncle Cup.