Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- Alnwick Civic Society thanks IHBC, CV etc. for funding to help secure £6600 celebration of Conservation Areas anniversary 15/08/2017
- New Designing Buildings Wiki post features ‘Understanding dampness’ from IHBC’s ‘Green Retrofit’ Context 15/08/2017
- Five towns and cities shortlisted for UK City of Culture 2021 15/08/2017
- Jodrell Bank’s Mark II telescope gets Grade I listed status 15/08/2017
- New Generation Thinkers scheme 2018 from AHRC: Bringing university research and ideas to broad audiences via media 15/08/2017
- National Churches Trust’s ‘Five point plan’ to secure the future of the UK’s church buildings 15/08/2017
- IHBC’s ‘Belfast 2018’ preamble: Titanic Quarter owner injects £29m into development project 15/08/2017
- LI Feature: Glasgow designs for exhibition aim to calm, shelter and entertain the public 15/08/2017
- Halifax Piece Hall opens after £19m regeneration 15/08/2017
- HES Blog: Conservation work to unroofed nave at Dunkeld Cathedral 15/08/2017
- IHBC welcomes Peter Aiers (IHBC) as new Chief Executive at The Churches Conservation Trust 11/08/2017
- New Context out: Issue 150 on ‘Conservation and Urbanism’ –from conservative surgery to car parking and Yangon & more 11/08/2017
- IHBC thanked by Stamford Civic Society for supporting exhibition marking anniversary of the first Conservation Area 11/08/2017
- HESPR’s top pick of the week: NHMF seeks evaluation of projects funded closing 26 August, valued £30,000 11/08/2017
- Lords Select Committee on ‘citizenship and civic engagement’ launches Call for Evidence: Deadline 7/8 September 11/08/2017
- New Listings Announced to Celebrate 70 Years of Protecting England’s Historic Buildings 11/08/2017
- Trudi Elliott to stand down as RTPI chief executive 11/08/2017
- Keep it London – Putting Heritage at the Heart of London’s Future 11/08/2017
- Wales’ Local Government Secretary announces major shake up of council elections and details of new Local Government Bill 11/08/2017
- Scottish Civic Trust 50th Anniversary celebration: Nominations sought for 50 favourite doors! 11/08/2017
- IHBC’s new–style local training for UK practitioners: ‘Heritage Project Management’ – A ‘Unique Learning Experience’, on site at Bishop Auckland’s £90million project suite, 18/19 October 08/08/2017
- IHBC CPD Boost: New ‘Heritage Science BIM’ report from HE, with added context from COTAC 08/08/2017
- IHBC CPD boost: Advance your IHBC competences in ‘History’ & ‘Design’ with documentaries on top architects 08/08/2017
- England’s new Ministers acknowledge heritage values – THA to consult members in advance of October meeting with Gove 08/08/2017
- Plans unveiled for new London ‘Culture mile’ 08/08/2017
Daily Archives: 11/08/2017
The IHBC has welcomed the announcement from Peter Ainsworth, Chairman of The Churches Conservation Trust (CCT), that IHBC member Peter Aiers will be the new Chief Executive of the Trust.
New Context out: Issue 150 on ‘Conservation and Urbanism’ –from conservative surgery to car parking and Yangon & more
The latest issue of the IHBC’s membership journal Context, (No 150) is now out, themed around Conservation and Urbanism.
IHBC thanked by Stamford Civic Society for supporting exhibition marking anniversary of the first Conservation Area
As part of the Stamford 50 local celebrations Stamford Civic Society is holding an exhibition at Stamford Arts Centre, 20 – 28 September, looking at why conservation is still important today, while acknowledging the IHBC’s funding support for the event … Continue reading
HESPR’s top pick of the week: NHMF seeks evaluation of projects funded closing 26 August, valued £30,000
The IHBC’s heritage business listing, HESPR – the Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition scheme – offers members weekly Bulletins that bring tender and other business opportunities together into one handy resource, while the Director’s top pick for NewsBlog readers this … Continue reading
Lords Select Committee on ‘citizenship and civic engagement’ launches Call for Evidence: Deadline 7/8 September
The House of Lords has set up a Select Committee on civic engagement, with Lord Hodgson as chair, to explore the issues of citizenship and civic engagement in the 21st century, to report by 31 March 2018 and with a … Continue reading
Five fascinating places, including a London cabbie’s shelter, a First World War wireless station and a ‘hobbit house’ in Yorkshire, have been listed to mark 70 years of protecting England’s extraordinary historic buildings.
The Royal Town Planning Institute’s (RTPI) chief executive Trudi Elliott has announced that she is to step down from the post.
A new Historic England (HE) report says heritage should be at the core of planning and recognised as vital for future growth.
Wales’ Local Government Secretary announces major shake up of council elections and details of new Local Government Bill
Welsh Cabinet Secretary for Local Government, Mark Drakeford, announces details of new Local Government Bill with regional planning changes.
To celebrate its 50th anniversary the Scottish Civic Trust is seeking nominations for the 50 favourite Scottish doors, in a project partnership with Aberdeen Asset Management and part of the Doors Open Days 2017, supported by Historic Environment Scotland.