Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- New data for IHBC’s ‘LB Prosecutions Database’: Following Boston fine update, more case updates sought 20/03/2018
- IHBC 2018 Yearbook and School theme taster: HES ‘Engine Shed’ public education programme now out 20/03/2018
- IHBC’s School-inspired ‘CPD boost’, via Conservation Wiki, DBW and Context: James Caird’s ‘Tapestry of transport’ 20/03/2018
- IHBC CPD boost: Check the library of sustainable building materials at Glasgow’s Lighthouse 20/03/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Guildford campaigners fear sell-off could mean end for GII listed building 20/03/2018
- Twentieth Century Society report scopes out UK’s modern Conservation Areas 20/03/2018
- Court ruling for switching off CCTV at times of worship 20/03/2018
- Civic Voice APPG update: Griff says without resourced councils England more ‘likely to end up with wrong homes in the wrong places’ 20/03/2018
- Milton Keynes 14-storey ‘luxury’ Hotel La Tour approved 20/03/2018
- HE announces ‘Immortalised’: A hunt for the nation’s secret, forgotten or unknown memorial 20/03/2018
- Update on London becoming world’s first #NationalParkCity 2019 20/03/2018
- Highways England ‘Opens Doors’ to behind the scenes construction sites for the 2018 ‘Year of Engineering’ 20/03/2018
- IHBC update on Civic Societies APPG on draft NPPF: ‘Will it deliver England’s future homes?’: ‘Not a chance’ say all! 16/03/2018
- REMINDER: IHBC member survey reminder on interim report: ‘Are we missing anything’? 16/03/2018
- Check out IHBC NI Branch Chair’s Manchester video lead up to Belfast’s 2018 School 16/03/2018
- IHBC HESPR’s top pick from up to c.£1.8+M of costed work this week: Haringey Council’s Bruce Grove Toilet Restoration project, closing 26/03, valued £25-50K 16/03/2018
- IHBC’s outreach and recruitment update on NFB’s Heritage Group conference: Gorton Monastery, Manchester, 7 March 16/03/2018
- IHBC CPD in Context: Violet Pinwill, woodcarver to Devon and Cornwall 16/03/2018
- UPVC windows on Boston, Lincs, Grade II listed building lead to £1,430+ fine from magistrates 16/03/2018
- UCL’s ISH call: Ecclesiastical Insurance Bursary for 2018-2019 – closes 18 June 16/03/2018
- New London Awards 2018 now open for entries – deadline 29 March 16/03/2018
- British Islamic heritage celebrated by Historic England 16/03/2018
- Historic Environment Scotland unveils new £12M Investment Plan 16/03/2018
- Gladstone’s Library: Architect-led Submissions sought for new building and redevelopment of GI building & landscape 16/03/2018
- Iconic Spaghetti Junction immortalised in new Birmingham attraction 16/03/2018
Daily Archives: 11/08/2017
The IHBC has welcomed the announcement from Peter Ainsworth, Chairman of The Churches Conservation Trust (CCT), that IHBC member Peter Aiers will be the new Chief Executive of the Trust.
New Context out: Issue 150 on ‘Conservation and Urbanism’ –from conservative surgery to car parking and Yangon & more
The latest issue of the IHBC’s membership journal Context, (No 150) is now out, themed around Conservation and Urbanism.
IHBC thanked by Stamford Civic Society for supporting exhibition marking anniversary of the first Conservation Area
As part of the Stamford 50 local celebrations Stamford Civic Society is holding an exhibition at Stamford Arts Centre, 20 – 28 September, looking at why conservation is still important today, while acknowledging the IHBC’s funding support for the event … Continue reading
HESPR’s top pick of the week: NHMF seeks evaluation of projects funded closing 26 August, valued £30,000
The IHBC’s heritage business listing, HESPR – the Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition scheme – offers members weekly Bulletins that bring tender and other business opportunities together into one handy resource, while the Director’s top pick for NewsBlog readers this … Continue reading
Lords Select Committee on ‘citizenship and civic engagement’ launches Call for Evidence: Deadline 7/8 September
The House of Lords has set up a Select Committee on civic engagement, with Lord Hodgson as chair, to explore the issues of citizenship and civic engagement in the 21st century, to report by 31 March 2018 and with a … Continue reading
Five fascinating places, including a London cabbie’s shelter, a First World War wireless station and a ‘hobbit house’ in Yorkshire, have been listed to mark 70 years of protecting England’s extraordinary historic buildings.
The Royal Town Planning Institute’s (RTPI) chief executive Trudi Elliott has announced that she is to step down from the post.
A new Historic England (HE) report says heritage should be at the core of planning and recognised as vital for future growth.
Wales’ Local Government Secretary announces major shake up of council elections and details of new Local Government Bill
Welsh Cabinet Secretary for Local Government, Mark Drakeford, announces details of new Local Government Bill with regional planning changes.
To celebrate its 50th anniversary the Scottish Civic Trust is seeking nominations for the 50 favourite Scottish doors, in a project partnership with Aberdeen Asset Management and part of the Doors Open Days 2017, supported by Historic Environment Scotland.