Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC extends private sector support for applicants: Free IHBC CPD ‘MATE’s update, for a CgMS audience 20/10/2017
- IHBC welcomes new research on LPA Urban Design services: Confirms England’s housing delivery threatened by design skills shortage 20/10/2017
- SCT launches IHBC-supported Annual Conference – 50 years of Conservation Areas and Trusts: 27 November, Glasgow 20/10/2017
- Last chance: IHBC seeks ‘Consultant Policy Advisor’ – Closes 23 October 20/10/2017
- IHBC HESPR’s top pick from c.£600,000+ of costed work this week: Quinquennial inspection of Leicestershire church 20/10/2017
- IHBC CPD boost: Mimetic architecture scandal with bribery and corruption takes the biscuit… from DBW 20/10/2017
- Work on Cardiff’s Coal Exchange examined to see if it goes beyond planning consent 20/10/2017
- RTPI World Town Planning Day 2017 Schools Competition: Closing World Town Planning Day – 8 Nov 20/10/2017
- Impact of Brexit and local authorities’ role to be examined by Commons Select Committee: Calls close 14 Nov 20/10/2017
- Bolton’s Beehive Mills demolition plan to go ahead as Government cancels planning inquiry 20/10/2017
- Blackpool’s piers placed on WMF heritage watch list: Include GII listed 20/10/2017
- IHBC Marsh Awards 2018 launched: Nominations for retired IHBC members and New Heritage Learners – Closing end Feb 2018 17/10/2017
- IHBC CPD boost on current affairs: DBW does Brexit compilation 17/10/2017
- DBW on Wales: Featuring Context 149 on ‘A pigsty’s hidden history’ 17/10/2017
- NT’s seeks LBC for window stickers in Peckover House to enhance visitor experience 17/10/2017
- GII Tithe Barn Trust runs ‘Sponsor a Sheaf’ campaign 17/10/2017
- Applications for 50 for free Landmark stays now open until midnight 3 December 2017 17/10/2017
- London Green Belt Council (LGBC): Green belt sites pegged for development ‘doubled’ 17/10/2017
- Guide encourages cooperation between arts and health sector 17/10/2017
- New 2017 School Context out: Latest issue on Manchester 2017, ‘Historic Infrastructure’ 14/10/2017
- IHBC at North Wales Skills Fair on 18 Oct: IHBC says ‘Hello’ to future conservation professionals… and many more! 14/10/2017
- IHBC HESPR’s weekly top picks from £412,000+ of costed work: CA Appraisals for Newport 14/10/2017
- England’s conservation opportunities and duties: 74% support Conservation Areas controls…; but only 56% of residents know they live in one! 14/10/2017
- DCLG confirms revised National Planning Policy Framework in Spring 2018 following consultations 14/10/2017
- HE publishes update of Streets for All for consultation, closing 9 Nov 14/10/2017
Daily Archives: 11/08/2017
The IHBC has welcomed the announcement from Peter Ainsworth, Chairman of The Churches Conservation Trust (CCT), that IHBC member Peter Aiers will be the new Chief Executive of the Trust.
New Context out: Issue 150 on ‘Conservation and Urbanism’ –from conservative surgery to car parking and Yangon & more
The latest issue of the IHBC’s membership journal Context, (No 150) is now out, themed around Conservation and Urbanism.
IHBC thanked by Stamford Civic Society for supporting exhibition marking anniversary of the first Conservation Area
As part of the Stamford 50 local celebrations Stamford Civic Society is holding an exhibition at Stamford Arts Centre, 20 – 28 September, looking at why conservation is still important today, while acknowledging the IHBC’s funding support for the event … Continue reading
HESPR’s top pick of the week: NHMF seeks evaluation of projects funded closing 26 August, valued £30,000
The IHBC’s heritage business listing, HESPR – the Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition scheme – offers members weekly Bulletins that bring tender and other business opportunities together into one handy resource, while the Director’s top pick for NewsBlog readers this … Continue reading
Lords Select Committee on ‘citizenship and civic engagement’ launches Call for Evidence: Deadline 7/8 September
The House of Lords has set up a Select Committee on civic engagement, with Lord Hodgson as chair, to explore the issues of citizenship and civic engagement in the 21st century, to report by 31 March 2018 and with a … Continue reading
Five fascinating places, including a London cabbie’s shelter, a First World War wireless station and a ‘hobbit house’ in Yorkshire, have been listed to mark 70 years of protecting England’s extraordinary historic buildings.
The Royal Town Planning Institute’s (RTPI) chief executive Trudi Elliott has announced that she is to step down from the post.
A new Historic England (HE) report says heritage should be at the core of planning and recognised as vital for future growth.
Wales’ Local Government Secretary announces major shake up of council elections and details of new Local Government Bill
Welsh Cabinet Secretary for Local Government, Mark Drakeford, announces details of new Local Government Bill with regional planning changes.
To celebrate its 50th anniversary the Scottish Civic Trust is seeking nominations for the 50 favourite Scottish doors, in a project partnership with Aberdeen Asset Management and part of the Doors Open Days 2017, supported by Historic Environment Scotland.